Master Thread page 465

12295 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by DragonArcherZ:

adv0catus, mafias take a couple weeks to play out and only have a couple winners generally. Depending on how fast the game is, you could be awarding a lot of wins very quickly.

Right, which is why it’d require multiple wins. I’m not including assisted wins, since all you need to do is ask 1 of the 20 allowed questions in the round to be part of the assist. Only host and direct wins would count, which would be a lot harder. The direct win requires the person to ask the question specific to the object and the host win requires that no one is able to think of their object (there’s rules about the reasonableness of objects). Neither of those are particularly easy feats. The host’s is more luck based, but still not very easy.

Flag Post

Nonononno. More than 3.

Flag Post

I think we decided on a norm on continuous games that it should be at least 50+ wins/points before granting an FGF win.

Flag Post

Here’s your monthly update, since it’s mine ;)

Everything that has been reported has been updated. Kongrats if you accomplished something. adv0catus has been removed(from inactive regulars list).

Also fixed a bunch of errors on the first page.

~Notwoon

Flag Post

Inactive Regs

Johanna_T (banned, requested)

Inactive Games

A-Z
The List
SIX word story!
destroy the fort
What would you do?
Relate Two Things (locked)
ABC Game
Defend the tower!
The Succession
CARA
The Sewers

Flag Post

The List

SCREW IT THIS WILL NO LONGER BE.

Flag Post

Started a game.
Target 3
Flash comp.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kadleon:

I think we decided on a norm on continuous games that it should be at least 50+ wins/points before granting an FGF win.

Well, the thing is that it takes different lengths of time to get to that level in different games.

I think that, if a continuous game is going to award wins, it should do so on the order of about once a month*. Maybe keep a new leaderboard every month and whoever scores the most points in that month (or maybe the top 2 or 3) earn a win. (Of course, you could also keep the overall leaderboard if desired.)

*This is assuming that each round in the game takes no more than 2-3 days—if the average round takes longer than that, you should probably award wins less often—maybe every 3 months.

Flag Post

Am I the only one that thinks that Continuous games should have no wins coming from points or whatever? I believe the Continuous games are the base structure of the FGF, but there’s too many and it’s too easy to win them. They should be played just for fun.

Flag Post

Continuous games with a scoring system should be able to award wins as they do require some thinking. And aren’t all games supposed to be played for fun?

Flag Post

Well yeah, of course, but notice the just in the sentence.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Woon1957:

Continuous games with a scoring system should be able to award wins as they do require some thinking.

I agree with this completely.

Flag Post

Pigjr1 gets a win in Empathy Game Returns for leading in the last 50 rounds.

Flag Post

Hooray! My second FGF win!
I’d like to note that RaceBandit simultaneously has 4 FGF wins and 5 FGF wins.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ChatGames:

I’d be really grateful if a mention of The Official Chat-Based Games Thread could be made on the first page of this thread. Thank-you. :)

I don’t believe there’s a point to this anymore, since it has already been stickied.

Flag Post

Pigjr1 and Bluji have won “Jojo’s Nightmare”.

Flag Post

Feel like there’s mo more good forum games :/

Flag Post
Originally posted by ilovekirby12:

Feel like there’s mo more good forum games :/

You’re looking for the General Thread

Flag Post

I would like to enter my name as a regular.

Flag Post

Lebossle and Pigjr1 have won The Red Death.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SuperCaliFragil:

Unfortunately, you a new person to me. Sure, I’ve seen you post in two or three of the continuous posts a few times, but I don’t know anything else about you.
I don’t know what genre you like, if you’re good or bad, etc.
You’ve got to answer some (Note that some does not mean all) of these questions in order for me to approve you as a reg.

Flag Post
Originally posted by myhome16:
Originally posted by SuperCaliFragil:

Unfortunately, you a new person to me. Sure, I’ve seen you post in two or three of the continuous posts a few times, but I don’t know anything else about you.
Ok, sure.
I don’t know what genre you like, if you’re good or bad, etc.
You’ve got to answer some (Note that some does not mean all) of these questions in order for me to approve you as a reg.

Flag Post

I’m inclined to agree with myhome. You’ve posted in a few Continuous games, but don’t really seem to be consistent about it. You have very few posts overall and we don’t know anything about you. Although, the last thing isn’t really necessary, but it’d be nice to know.

Flag Post

I just realized Pig got the last three FGF wins…
Anyway what did you guys think of The Red Death and should I follow-up with a sequel or another apocalyptic-themed mafia?

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator