Blobvolution (No sign ups)

323 posts

Flag Post

Yes, its finally out!

Flag Post

Ninja

Flag Post

Blobvolution is my very first forum game ,so please don’t be too harsh on me if things go wrong. Not that it should, but anyway..

In this game, you start with two blobs(Duh).Using the “majority wins” rule, the blobs will perform certain actions. As time progresses you will make you blob grow legs, arms, and so on. So at the end what used to be a ball of meat turns into a ferocious monster, a peaceful herbivore,etc. Now to let me get into detail.

Evolution
So, such as the name implies (Since Blobvolution is Blob + Evolution, FYI) you can evolve your Blob. So in the beginning, people can choose to make the blob grow legs, arms, two eyes, etc. And later on it diverges into hands, feet, fur,armor, and so on. Some small evolutions might be done the next turn, and some big ones might take a while. How many different things you can evolve on your blob at the same time, depends on your blob’s brain size. As long as your blob doesn’t go starving or whatnot, its brain size will grow every x number of turns. At the start, you can only choose 1 thing to evolve. After a few turns, its brain will grow, and
you will be able to choose 2 things, and it continues.

Powers

Now, one of the things your blob can gain is powers. This includes poison,electricity,fire,water,air,nature,ice and rock. Each of them takes a few turns to gain, and it modifies slightly your blobs personality.

Fire-Poison-Electricity : The blob is more agressif. It is more prone to attacking something when hungry. It makes a good guard for the nest, though.

Air-Water: Moody. Reacts more to events more than other blobs. Because water can be a calm little river, or it can be rain, or a huge wave, and the same explanation for wind.

Nature-Rock-Ice: Slightly less actif. Now you can look at me and say “Well, that sucks!”, but the reason for that is because it would promote growing in size, which I will get to.

Blob Size and Energy/food

Like all living beings, blobs need to eat. The more they eat, the more energy they can use up, so the more actions they can do. That means you CAN have the blobs do multiple things in a turn, it will just use up more energy. When the blob gains an excessive amount of stored up energy, it will grow a full size, giving it more health, somwhat stronger and more intimidating. I will have a bar up to show you each blobs energy level, so you know how much he is left to eat before growing.

Diet

If your blob is omnivore, herbivore or carnivore is up to you, and hwat it eats. If after two turns or so there still is no way to determine its diet, you can choose what it is when you choose the mouth type*

Breeding
One thing I forgot to mention is breeding. Yes, Blobs can breed between each other! The infant blob, when born, will either be like the mother, like the father, a mix, or just a straight out blob (in which case breeding did not go very well) with some exceptions. Before breeding, the blobs must make a nest. Out of what? Whatever they can find. Lets just say a nest made out of bones gives a different one than a nest made out of branches or feathers,

I think I covered it all, now lets get to the game!

Flag Post

Post.

Flag Post

Dammit, I though this’d be a sign-up game.

I am disappoint, cazdingo.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Drovoxx:

Dammit, I though this’d be a sign-up game.

I am disappoint, cazdingo.

Really? Honestly I don’t like signups that much, it limits the amount of people can play. And I HATE when I find this really good ofrum game, but then I go “NooO!!” since sign ups are over.

Flag Post

Yeah, but I like having full control over what my character does, rather than a majority vote.

Flag Post

So here is the main situation:

There are two apple trees with some apples on the floor near them. In front of the blobs is an ant hill, and on the other side is a old tree with something on it.

What are there names? You guys decide. Also, the blobs aren’t stuck on that spot. If you want you can go “f!ck this place” and have your blobs start exploreing for somewhere else to make a nest.

So what should they do?

Oh and here is the basic evolution choices:

Flag Post
Originally posted by Drovoxx:

Yeah, but I like having full control over what my character does, rather than a majority vote.

Well if you want next time I’ll make a nice sign up one, if it makes you happy :)

Flag Post

2 eyes. The first is named Aax5.

Flag Post

One is named Drovoxx.

Flag Post

Slug.

Flag Post

Arms.
PS save these a PNG. file. They’ll look alot nicer and clearer.

Flag Post

I vote on naming one Darky. =]

Flag Post

me me meee"!!!!
Feet: Orgin

Flag Post

@Hero, how can I turn a file into a png one?

And, you guys do know you can also make the blobs DO STUFF. They don’t just sit there.

Flag Post

Okay!
I tell the blobs to just sit there.

Flag Post

One should get named Hyphonomia.

I say we get Slug first.

Flag Post

If you’re using Paint/image editing program, instead of saving as JPG when you save, backspace the .JPG, and type in .PNG.

Flag Post

Get Arms… then we can shake those apple trees for more apples.
Tell the blobs to get the apples on the floor near the apple trees.

Flag Post

Feet. The blobs cant move without them.

Also, name one Epic Evan.

Flag Post

grow a brain, so you can control your actions.
names:
1.blobb
2.B.O.B.B.Y.

Flag Post

also, grow S.L.U.G.
(Slug, sLug, slUg,sluG)

Flag Post

Up to know we are at :

3 vote for two eyes.
4 votes for slug (Really? You guys like snails alot, I guess)
2 votes for arms
7 votes for feet

And for the names, you do know one will be male and the other female, so I am going to take one name for the male and another (girlier, I hope) one for female.

Flag Post

Pick Darkie for the female! =D

Also, I vote for feet.