Ather City (Signups) (locked)

445 posts

Flag Post

In the year 2013, Ather City became the site of a massive nuclear meltdown, caused by what most believe was sabotage by one of the scientists. The blast ended up killing about seventy-five percent of the city’s population. The remaining people were either horribly disfigured, or… otherwise changed.

The parts of the city that aren’t irradiated are now under vicious competition for control by a number of factions. Any trace of order has been completely eliminated after what locals call The Bomb.

The objective of most in the city was formerly taking control of territory, but now the few remaining people struggle just to survive, as far as that’s possible without destroying everyone else.

Name:
Nickname: (Optional)
Faction: (Join an existing one or start a new one. Max four at a time.)
Description:
Personality:
Skills/Abilities:
Weapons: (If any)
Bio:

List of Factions
The Hive
Hell Hounds
Underworld
Speedsters
The Council
The Four Horsemen
The Grey

Name: Nick Keyes
Nickname: Yellow Jacket
Faction: The Hive Loner
Description: 17 years old, average height and build, face is heavily scarred, with a few patches of skin starting to grow back
Personality: Intelligent and often condescending
Skills/Abilities: skilled engineer and hacker, as of yet unknown mental power
Weapons: Stinger harpoon gun, Ather Corp Model B2 Genome Pistol, mechanical wings
Bio: Nick was one of the physicists working at the power plant when the Big Bomb went off. He gained the ability to defy gravity, but his face was disfigured in the accident, leading him to wear a mask all the time. Taking the name Yellow Jacket, he created The Hive, a group attempting to maintain control of the city so they can revert it to it’s former state of order and reverse the Bomb’s effects on the other citizens. Now that the Hive has been disbanded, he has joined with Dominic to assist with defending the Sanctuary.

Flag Post

This is an RP?

Flag Post

Yes, it is.

Flag Post

Name:Maximiliano Oliveira
Nickname:Pvt Max
Faction: The Hive
Description:17 years old Good Whit Ballistic Weapons And Radomly Uses Grenades He was good on marathon races 7/8 races he won
Personality:Fast And Intelligent
Skills/Abilities:Marathon Pro! (can run a lot) Stealth (Radomly Makes Sound When Running) and fast reload
Weapons: (If any)M4A2
Bio:he was on the army base when the whole mess happen. many soldiers joined “The Hive” so he joined it too

Flag Post

What happened to Mindscape? It was the only RP I enjoyed…

Flag Post

Name: Boo Gers <3
Nickname: Booger Boy <3
Faction: The Boogs (If I can’t make a new one, I’ll join the Hive.)
Description: 18 years old, short, face is green due to the explosion.
Personality: Smart & adventurous (correct my spelling if its wrong)
Skills: Athlete and Super Speed (I saw you with “Levitation” so I thought I could use super powers)
Bio: Boo was an Athlete and was training for the 2014 Winter Olympics when the bomb blew up. He gained the power to run super fast, but his face turned green from the accident.
The nickname “Booger Boy” drove him in making The Boogs.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darkboy5846:

What happened to Mindscape? It was the only RP I enjoyed…

Sorry, but I really wanted to do this idea. I’ll see if I can get someone else to bring it back. Probably PyroForge.

Originally posted by Mysteryrat:

Name: Boo Gers <3
Nickname: Booger Boy <3
Faction: The Boogs (If I can’t make a new one, I’ll join the Hive.)
Skills: Athlete and Super Speed (I saw you with “Levitation” so I thought I could use super powers)
Bio: Boo was an Athlete and was training for the 2014 Winter Olympics when the bomb blew up. He gained the power to run super fast, but his face turned green from the accident.
The nickname “Booger Boy” drove him in making The Boogs.

The name has to be somewhat serious.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mysteryrat:

Name: John Gusher <3
Nickname: Speedy Gonzales
Faction: The Speeders (If I can’t make a new one, I’ll join the Hive.)
Bio: Boo was an Athlete and was training for the 2014 Winter Olympics when the bomb blew up. He gained the power to run super fast.
The nickname “Speedy Gonzales” drove him in making The Speeders.

Fixed <3

Flag Post

Everyone so far is accepted.

Flag Post

Name:Jon Lucas
NickName:Reaper
Faction: Hell hounds
Description: Very tall and muscular(From the blast)wears a cloak that resembles a reaper and uses a gigantic scythe and has been called bulletproof (Even though he isn’t)
Personality: Aggressive and quiet he will only talk when he needs to and has a very deep scary voice
Skills:Rage (Has a occasional burst in strength and speed) extra protection (Can take much more damage)
Weapons:Huge scythe and many knives
Bio:Was a boxer before the blast and now walks the streets slaying anything he comes across except his allies.Formed the hell hounds after many survivors approached him and said they wanted to join him and treated him as a god and it got to him because he now considers himself one.Anybody that doesn’t want to obey is beheaded.Hounds known to use machetes and uzis

Flag Post

Accepted

Flag Post

Name: Michael Bolt
Nickname: The Silencer
Faction: The Underworld Loner
Description: 17 years old, 6’1", well-built, clothed completely in black, a bulletproof visor conceals my face pale skin, light blonde hair
Personality: violent, unyielding, relentless, aggressive, yet tactical
Skills/Abilities: above average strength, speed, and agility, skilled in hand to hand combat and stealth, master of parkour, given a right arm of a strange substance with the ability to change to any form
Weapons: collapsable morningstar, throwing knives, “centrifuge gauntlet” none
Bio: Michael is somewhat of an enigma. Few know his name, much less what his face looks like. He controlled much of the city’s underground and criminals, ruling with an iron grip. He usually attacks through the shadows, silently and efficiently, though recent events have forced him to avoid conflict for the sake of survival.

Flag Post

Scary. I like it. You’re in.

Flag Post

Name: Vladimir Gustav
NickName: Death
Description: Average sized, in his 20’s, wears a dark coat, black jeans, and a beanie.
Personality: Quiet, serious, tends to disappear at random times
Skills: Gliding (He can float about 1 inch above the ground, so he makes no sound when he moves).
Weapons: Hidden knife, two desert eagles
Bio: Was a member of an organized crime group in the city before the Big Bomb. After the bomb, he left the group and joined Jon Lucas because he wanted to survive.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SupHomies:

Name: Vladimir Gustav
NickName: Death
Description:
Personality: Quiet, serious, tends to disappear at random times
Skills: Gliding (He can float about 1 inch above the ground, so he makes no sound when he moves).
Weapons: Hidden knife, two desert eagles
Bio:

Add a description and bio and you’re in.

Flag Post

you messed up on my faction it is hell hounds not reapers (I am trying to be somewhat original)

Flag Post

How many to start?

Flag Post
Originally posted by reaper765:

you messed up on my faction it is hell hounds not reapers (I am trying to be somewhat original)

Sorry. Fixed it.

Originally posted by PyroForge:

How many to start?

I’d like at least two people per faction.

Flag Post

[EDIT: I figured it’s time to include my other enhancements.]

Name: Dominic
Nickname: The Blade
Faction: The Underworld Loner
Description: appears roughly 24 years old, average height and above-average build, black shoulder-length hair, large distinguishing scar running from the right corner of his lips down to his navel in a jagged line. Left eye is stained red from a previous battle. Gained a burn scar on his left cheek battling the former hellspawn Kalyx as well as a vertical scar up the left side of his face to his forehead intersecting the eye (earned in battle with Lazarus).
Personality: Normally quiet and unassuming, but quick to crack a joke or insult what he deems foolish. When comfortable or around children he becomes much more outgoing and engaging.
Skills/Abilities: above-average speed, mastery of acrobatics and parkour, excellent hand-to-hand skills, second to none in swordsmanship. Due to drinking special experimental vials, he can teleport anywhere in the city instantly and has absolute control over electricity in all its forms.
Weapons: A scavenger by nature, he’ll use any weapon he can find. The only weapon he carried with him at all times was a carbon-steel katana with a diamond edge tied to the sash on his waist. With its loss it has been replaced by a sword made of adamantium, as well as a lightsaber hidden away as a last resort.
Bio: After the first flames of the cataclysm waned, Dominic appeared from the ashes of the ruined city with sword in hand. A private man and consummate survivor, he scours the wreckage for anything he can use to continue living. Aligning himself loosely with The Underworld, he uses his blade only when necessary to preserve his life. Let the factions fight, no matter what Dominic will be alive when the dust settles. It’s all he knows. With the change in his allegiances and the fall of the Underworld, he now stands as the main protector of the Sanctuary.

Flag Post

You’re in. It seems like the Underworld is getting a lot more character development compared to the other factions. I just need one more person to join the Speedsters to start.

Flag Post

[Arrgh. Tried to edit this, it disappeared. I’ll see what I can do to replace it…]

Flag Post

Name: Rob
Nickname: Reaver
Faction: Loner
Description: 6 foot tall, very thin with long black hair. has custom built armour with jagged spikes and heads of enemies impailed on the top.
Personality: A complete maniac. likes to conduct certain experiments on victims.
Skills/Abillites: Very skilled at vivisection and gets temporarily stronger when he inflicts pain. Also very skilled at using a motorbike.
Weapons: Blades instead of hands. also a motorbike with blades and spikes on it.
Origin: Before the bomb came he was a biologist, and actually quite nice. But all that changed when the bomb hit, he discovered that the more pain he inflicted the stronger he became, but the downside was that he constantly needed to inflict pain. He then became a maniac scouring the streets for any survivors then taking them back to his lab where he could inflict massive pain on them, which revivied him. He discovered that it was easier, maybe if he just ran them over with his motorcycle. But unfortunatly that never gave the same refreshing feeling. He decided to keep the motorcycle though. Once he got on the wrong side of someone powerful and lost his hands. He used this as a boon and replaced the bloody stumps with blades. He now needs blood again and is on the hunt, so be careful when its dark.

Flag Post

Name: Michael Müller
Nickname: Mike
Faction: Hell Hounds, but most of the time loner.
Description: Tall, thin with short black hair and virtual reality glasses [A computer is inside.]
Personality: No feelings.
Skills/Abillites: Very skilled with lightsabers and gets smarter after every fight. Also very skilled at using a helicopter.
Weapons: Lightsaber (invented by himself) , Emp gun, his smartness. Former: Uzis, Machete
Origin: He was a rich child, but his parents died after a bank robbery. In an experiment to forget this, he lost all feelings and now he is part of the Hell hounds searching after his feelings who are lost somewhere on the world. After the bomb he didn’t wanted his feelings anymore and now he wants to survive and to find the guarantors.

Flag Post

Bump <3

Flag Post

All so far accepted, Thanks Mysteryrat for bumping, and is Loner a faction or does that mean you don’t have one?