Ather City (Main Game) (locked)

3623 posts

Flag Post

Signups here

In 2013 the sprawling metropolis known as Ather City suffered a cataclysmic event that all survivors call “The Bomb.” In an instant an enormous crater more than a mile across swallows the downtown area, followed by a shockwave and concussive blast that wipes out more than 75% of the population. Out of the ashes of the catastrophe came survivors, some whole, others maimed, and more that were… altered by exposure to the substance radiating from what is now known as Ground Zero. In the weeks to follow many of the humans and sentient mutants alike banded together for survival, forming the four major factions that ruled their portion of the ruined city with iron fists: the Underworld, the Hive, the Speedsters, and the Hell Hounds. Power and control were the goals each group sought for themselves, and the dilapidated streets of Ather flowed with the blood of their battles until tensions reached the boiling point as mutant leaders Michael “The Silencer” Bolt of the Underworld and Nick “Yellow Jacket” Keyes of the Hive engaged in all-out war. The clashes of their soldiers nearly tore the city apart.

From among this conflict arose Dominic, an Underworld lieutenant with unparalleled swordsmanship, slaughtering his enemies as he had been ordered to do. Yet when the fighting escalated and the mandate came down to destroy the suffering refugee camps scattered through the city, followed by the ingestion of an experimental vial that gifted him with the power of teleportation at the cost of his humanity Dominic defected from the Underworld. Through a series of events involving the complete annihilation of the Speedsters, five more experimental vials, and the tracking of the two ton android Matthew through the city the swordsman became one of, and for a short time the only, guardian of a tower housing the largest group of survivors in the city. Known as the Sanctuary, it attracted the attention of Keyes as well as other noble-minded (for the most part) individuals that added their own power to its protection. As the other remaining factions, the Underworld and Hell Hounds, toppled from within a new threat arose from the shadows. A group of intelligent and powerful mutants calling themselves the Council seize control of the leader-less yet growing mutant population. Their first order of business: Kill Dominic and the humans within the Sanctuary. The battle that ensued between the Council Army and the Sanctuary guardians was fierce and ended with the destruction of the tower and the loss of many human lives. Working quickly and fending off a second attack, this time from the Council itself, Dominic manages to save the remaining humans under his care.

Currently the swordsman and his allies Nick Keyes and his mechanical drones, Riley “Rogue” Smithson, Matthew the android, and pyromancer Victor Sonic have taken shelter in a residential skyscraper where they shall heal and regroup.

Flag Post

(Yay its started)
Reaver
I am in my toture chamber harvesting the scrap of pain of my last victim.
“need more victims”

Flag Post

Mike
I go out of a building writing of a noteblock.
Suspect 225: passed. 425 suspects left.
No one was responsible for the bomb.

Flag Post

The Silencer
I drop from the roof and walk without a sound up to the man. He cowers at the end of a dark alley, awaiting his inevitable fate. I pull out a large knife and grab his skull with the other hand. He tries to beg for his life, but he will not have it. I slit his throat and blood spurts out, covering my visor. Now that he is only a lifeless husk, I open his mouth and violently mutilate his tongue, leaving it little more than a few bloody strips of flesh. Satisfied with my work, I rip the Hive symbol off his chest and leave as quietly as I came.

Flag Post

Dominic

I walk out of the tunnel, taking a breath of air. Adjusting my sword, I make my way to my favorite spot for a little meditation before hunting.

Flag Post

Reaver
I walk out into the blinding daylight.
Squinting my arms I launch up my Motorbike.
I drive of to find some ‘food’

Flag Post

I stand on the roof of a ten-story building, having just finished my meditation. Scanning the area, I spot a grove of trees to my left. Maybe, if I’m lucky, there’ll be a deer grazing there. Falling through a hole, I jump and flip my way through the blasted innards of the building until I reach the ground floor. Fingering the crossbow I “borrowed” from a Speedster yesterday, I make my way to the grove.

Flag Post

Mike
I look up. I see someone jumping in a building.
Not the suspect.

Flag Post

Reaver
I roar around the city on my bike and find someone islated and alone.
I drive up to him and kick him whilst im still driving he goes flying. I then pick him up and start skining him alive.
The pain rejuvinates me.

Flag Post

Seems like it’s my lucky day, I think as I pull the arrows out of the buck I just killed. Rustling about, I manage to get a fire going and roast the meat.

“Gotta do some work after this. Last thing I need is the boss breathing down my neck about some crap”

Flag Post

Reaper
I walk down a street and drag my scythe behind me making a sharp sound that i am use to.I spot someone walking down the street and I grab my scythe and start sprinting.I quickly catch up to him and with a mighty strike I dismember his two legs and put my scythe through his chest and start walking with him still screaming on my scythe

Flag Post

[I take it we start from just after the bomb hit?]

The air was clear. The sun was high. The street was empty.

That was a lie. The street was full, but not with people. What filled it was the remnants of a nearby building. The debris littered the street, chunks of rock and shards of glass scattered across the asphalt. Surprisingly, floors 8-15 were in pretty good shape, aside from being horizontal. The rest was decimated, like flatpack furniture in a hurricane, or a badly-constructed forty-storey building in a nuclear blast.

I dragged myself free from underneath the rubble, and looked around. Aside from the ruined tower, possibly an office block at one point, there wasn’t much. The other buildings had stood relatively well. The people inside them… Probably dead. There was no noise for at least several hundred metres around. Nothing but the gentle humming of my batteries. There wasn’t a single living soul. Plenty of bodies, some of which were still in pretty good condition, but most had been ravaged by the blast.

I had evidently surfaced in a bad part of town. The area was still irradiated. If there were survivors nearby, they’d soon suffer from radiation poisoning, which is probably more unpleasant than simply being killed by the inferno of an atomic bomb. I moved on, down the street, every step echoing back and forth in the silent wasteland that used to be the city. Never had the term “ghost town” been more appropriate, I thought, as I listened to the silence that only comes when nothing else can. The eyes of a nearby man stared accusingly. The dead man wasn’t to blame for this, he knew that. We had that much in common.

I stared at the corpses as I carried on, glass crunching beneath my boots. Some people had been killed by falling masonry. Some had been killed by falling people. Others had already died of radiation, the signs of agony still on their faces. This was my first meeting with actual people since my creators died by my hands, and so far it was going well. I hadn’t killed anyone yet. The bomb had done that for me.

The atomic bomb. A better weapon than I could ever have been. Probably cheaper too. Sure, it wasn’t efficient or accurate, but it did the job it was made to do. But what was this one supposed to do? Most weapons don’t make decisions, so someone must have set it off, or at least ordered it. And there had to be a reason.

Anyone could have set off this weapon. That was a global concern. Right here, and right now, the concern was survival. There must be people out there somewhere, trying to make a living. And they needed help. Surely not everyone was as doomed as the people in this desolate street, and maybe they could do with a hand. After all, I was basically immune to radiation, and had just shrugged off being hit by an atom bomb, and then most of a building. Not everyone was as lucky as me.

There were more bodies, on every street, every block, every corner. Men, women, children, nobody had escaped. I doubt they even had time to scream. Their faces spoke of pain, and rage, and pity. A mother holding her kids. Two lovers held in an eternal last embrace. A young girl, all on her own. So many people, so many stories. I felt nothing of their plight as I marched onwards. Someone must have survived.

Flag Post
Originally posted by reaper765:

Reaper
I walk down a street and drag my scythe behind me making a sharp sound that i am use to.I spot someone walking down the street and I grab my scythe and start sprinting.I quickly catch up to him and with a mighty strike I dismember his two legs and put my scythe through his chest and start walking with him still screaming on my scythe

Too repetitive.

Flag Post

ya maybe a little

Flag Post

I catch sight of my target as he’s leaving the remains of what used to be a bank. I noticed him getting mouthy with one of the other Underworlders. Not usually my problem, but a bounty was placed on his life. Not one to turn down a paying job, even after the Apocalypse, I decide to be the one to soothe a fellow member’s ruffled feathers.

Crossbow in my right hand and an extra arrow in my left, I charge the unsuspecting fool. As he catches sight of me I fire the crossbow. He dodges to the left, leaving him wide open when I jam the arrowhead into his eye socket. As he clutches his face, I slice his head off with one clean stroke of my blade. I clean the blood off and take out my camera. I snap a picture for evidence and then proceed into the building he came out of. Maybe I’ll find something valuable, or at least useful.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mysteryrat:
Originally posted by reaper765:

Reaper
Time for the hunt. I pick a street at random, searching for the scent. My blade drags behind me, grinding against the cobblestones, striking up sparks, the sound a call for blood.
I see a man, wearing dark rags. The prey has been found, the hunter draws closer. I pick up speed. He hears the sound. Turns. Our eyes meet, and I see the terror in his eyes. He knows that he is already dead, but runs anyway.
Not fast enough. The gap closes, I can smell him. Nearly taste him. The sweat, the fear, the blood. Oh, yes, the blood.
With an almighty swing, I take his legs off at the knees, crimson spurting from his shins as he hits the stone with a resounding thud. He struggles, cries in pain, pulling himself forward in an attempt to get away. Light flashes on the scythe as the blade swings again, spearing the man through his chest. He screams again, louder, somehow still alive. The noise only increases the pleasure of the hunt, as I walk onwards with my prize.

Flag Post

[[I enjoyed that. Haven’t done violence for a while.]]

Flag Post

wow that was…
Amazing you have to do a Rp or something like that

Flag Post

Pvt Max
i see Yellow Jacket Floating in the air i wave him

Flag Post

I don’t find anything other than personal mememtos inside the building and pistol with three bullets in the magazine. Pocketing the weapon I head back to the tunnel to claim my bounty.

Flag Post

Yellow Jacket
I take notice of a corpse lying in an alley below. As I fly down to inspect the damage, I recognize it as a member of the Hive, but his insignia was ripped off his uniform and his tongue mutilated horribly. After looking at the corpse, two antennae flip out of my hood and my goggles light up. “All active Hive operatives, report to the intersection of Eight and Twelfth. War has been declared.”

Flag Post

Old Mac
I’m sat, dragging a toke on my cigar when suddenly there is banging on the door. With a sigh of annoyance, I go over and open the door. There I am eyeing a man who is in desperate pain, with a mutated arm, behind him is a little girl, around 8 years old judging from her size. Before I can ask questions, the man starts wailing: “The infection.. it’s spreading! I’m losing control of my arm, and it’s spreading! Sir, will you please look after my daughter, take her to The Hive! Please, I can’t stand her seeing me like this, look at her.. she’s crying! Please sir I-” “No.” I say, firmly. “Sir you don’t understan-” “Yes I do, it’s obvious. You need to find somewhere else, I’m not putting myself out of my way for a little girl.” “Please, this is for my daughter…” “Get out of my house..” And with that the man gets angry and his mutated arm grabs me by the neck. “I’m sorry, I can’t control it, but please sir you’re the only one I’ve found, agh its spreading please sir!” This is boring me; “No, get off me and leave now.” His grip is tighter. “My patience is wearing thi-” “Don’t you have any heart?!” he cries, practically strangling me now. I pull him off of me, pick up Isabella; aim the gun straight at him “Leave or I’ll shoot.” I say, not yelling, but a tint of aggression and threat. “I’m not leaving this building dead without knowing my little girl is in safety!” he cries. Well thats that then, it’s obvious he’s not leaving. I fire the gun, a loud deafening bang followed by the man’s shocked sigh as he falls to the ground. His little girl screams and starts to cry at her dad’s corpse. “Daddy, Daddy wake up! Stop sleeping! DADDY! DA-” she stops and looks me in the eyes, the eyes of a killer. I pull out my knife and give her a threatening look. She runs away crying… “What a burden..” I think to myself as I drag the man’s body out of my shack.
(wow that was alot, if anyone read all that then just wow..)

Flag Post

The Silencer
I smirk from a nearby rooftop, knowing that all is going according to plan.
As I leap between rooftops away from the man, I think to myself, “We will meet again, Mr. Keyes.”

Flag Post

Reaper
I get back to a medium sized building with two turrets hanging out the windows.I see hounds scrambling to open the door and when I reach it i have to duck to get in.The victim is not screaming anymore now he is just crying.He accepted his fate the moment he seen me that much was sure,I bring him down to a corridor and flick him in a make shift cell with a armored door.I take a sharpened machete and walked into the room and listened as he screamed,you couldn’t see it under my hood but I had a very evil smile.

As I stood over the now very dismembered body I thought about our factions ways to victory,Because we were not the strongest we had to resort to fear to aid us in battle,Cannibalism was a thing me and some of my followers started trying out and lets face facts there is nothing more terrifying than a army of cannibals led by a 9 foot god

Flag Post

Old Mac
That was troublesome, I need a drink. I wrap a black rag around my face like a bandana, and I walk over to the Underworld’s “bar”. If it’s even worth that name. As soon as I walk in, alot of the bar falls silent. I casually walk on to the bartend; “Hey Gerry, usual mixup for me my good man.” He shakes a little “Y-yes, here it is, th-that’ll b-be 5 dollars.” He seems a little frightened, as though I’m not gonna pay him, I lift off my rag and smile at him, giving him the money. He gives a feeble smile back. A hand grabs my shoulder, I turn and see Mike. “Old Mac.” “Mike.” “I heard a gunshot around your place, can you stay out of trouble for a second?” he grins at me. “Mike, you know me. I don’t like to be interrupted when taking a smoke.” I realise now that the whole bar is silent, Mike walks over to the barman who is now shaking like jelly. “Strongest stuff you got, move it.” The barman does as he’s told. I sit, and Mike follows, taking the stool next to me. The bar begins to liven up again. “Well then Old Mac.” He pauses, takes a sip of his ale, and then continues. “I hope you searched that body for some kinda Insignia.” He reads right through my expression and continues, “you gotta realise Mac, you’re pissing off a hell of alot of people, and if you piss off the right man it could cost both of us our asses.” I sigh. “You’re right Mike, I won’t make the mistake again..” “Good, now listen, I got a contract for you.” My eyebrows raised, finally some work.
“Don’t get too excited Mac, nothing big. Just need you to follow this man and see where he goes to, if he goes to the set destination you kill him.” A spy mission? How boring. I think I must’ve said it out loud because he continues with; “Yes, I know, not your style, but this could lead onto something big, probably not though.. but what’s needed done needs to be done, right Mac?” “Yeah, right.” “Alright good, the rest of the info is in here.” He hands me a familiar looking file. “Now excuse me but I’m outta this dump, catch you around Ol’ Mac.” I half-wave as I divert my attention to reading the file.