Ather City (Main Game) page 145 (locked)

3623 posts

Flag Post

It is ending soon. I beleive some time today Spirit is going to write an epilouge and the game is done.

Flag Post

Greatest game on FGF is ending. Is there room for lesser rps now? :)

Flag Post

Since there’s been talk about it (admittedly, we weren’t exactly subtle) and I’ve been assured by Spirit that the epilogue will be posted either tonight or sometime in the near future, I’ll make the announcement: There will be a sequel to Ather City. Look for it on the forums after the epilogue has been posted and sign up! In the meantime, please refrain from posting any more story elements. Cheif’s last post is actually perfect for the true end of the game, the survivors vanishing down the road, maybe facing the sunset as it bathes them with light? Sounds final to me. Anyway, thanks again for making this game as massive as it was, and we hope to see you in the sequel!

Flag Post

Maybe you all can merge all the posts in 1 large post and make it a story? Could be tons of work, but could be a good story! What do you guys think?

Flag Post

……wow, a time where instead of screwing up in a post mine was perfect. Thats a total first. Also, a sequel would be nice. I would get to play straight from the begining. Also, I got bored one day and started doing that on microsoft word. I did the initial story and the sign-up sheet for important characters. Its already about 10+ pgs long.
YES, YES, SEQUEL!! Does a Tiger woods arm swing

Flag Post

It’s currently being adapted into a webcomic… eventually. No need to make it a written novel too.

Flag Post

Is the webcomic updating with story as we speak, or is it to come?

If the former, can we get a link?

Flag Post

Technically not a webcomic. We’re trying for an actual graphic novel. Suck it, comics industry.

Flag Post

Booyah! Graphic novels are so much better… it’s the aesthetic appeal of it.

Flag Post

Graphic novel, news of a sequel to Ather City, today just gets better and better! Also, is there any idea when the sequel will be comeing?

Flag Post

After the epilogue is posted, the sequel will follow that very same day, or the next day at the latest.

Flag Post

w00t! I must say, Chief did an awesome ending post. :P And it is great to see how big the whole thing is. Will be some time till someone can even attempt to break this stupendous record :P

Flag Post

I can only hope that there is one game that breaks that record. The sequel to Ather City. What, you think I was gonna say my game? Hell no, I have common sense. Also, thanks Adeeb :)

Flag Post

So when can we expect to see the graphic novel? In the near future? In 5 years?

EDIT: Also, save a spot for me in the sequel plox (I came up with a new character, unless there’s some other rules, and blah blah.)

Flag Post

Can’t wait for a sequel. Might be a normal person, not some phychopath or robot thing.

Flag Post

[I’ll probably still be Void for the sequel… or not, depending on where the sequel is set.]

Flag Post

Another question. In the event before the last event, you (spirit) said to me, that you needed someone to die. Why? (Or is that explained in the sequel, so right now I’m totally spoiling eveything?)

Flag Post

I already PMed you about that. She was Death. The title is kind of meaningless if she didn’t kill someone.

Flag Post

If you want an AC graphic novel faster, e-mail me a picture/description @ PyroForge@gmail.com

Flag Post

[I sent my image to Spirit when I first signed up for this thing. I’m not sure whether anyone else has done so too, but…]

Flag Post

[…oh great. I need to do so too. I have a pic I drew once, let me get it.]

Flag Post

EPILOGUE
Nick watched as the others walked one by one away from the city’s ruins, leaving Sarah and himself standing there on the glass. “So what now?”
“I guess we find out if anyone else is alive.”
“And if they’re not?”
“Then we deal with it and shoot some more mutants.”
Despite his attempt at humor, Nick was, for once, uncertain about his next move. The city he’d lived in his whole life was just destroyed. The man who had been a leader to them, had just been killed. As far as he knew, the entire world was like this. 
“Nick, snap out of it. He fought his way out once, he can do it again.”
“Maybe, but until then, I’ve got a Hive to rebuild.”
Before the two left the plain of glass behind, Nick’s eyes flashed and a metal plate with gold text stamped on it falls to the ground. Nick read it aloud as the two made their way to what was left of the world.
“The soldier lives only to die…” 
“…But the hero lives forever.” A young man, not much older than Nick but similar in appearance, looked up from the laptop, a pleased look on his face in memory of his work. He got up from his chair and yelled into the next room. “Clayton, fire up the tablet, the story’s done!”

[And so we have come to the end, at last. Thanks to everyone who made this game possible, especially those who stuck with us from the beginning. I never planned to go this long, and fully expected for it to fail within the first few weeks. I guess that just goes to show: never underestimate a potential fanbase. So anyway, thanks for helping us get this far, and wait for the sequel! Let’s beat the crap out these forums a second time!]

Flag Post

[inb4lock]

[EDIT: YES. OWNAGE.]