Ather City (Main Game) page 3 (locked)

3623 posts

Flag Post

well it looks like the hive is fighting the underworld well I guess we will fight the speedsters
Reaper
Food has grown scarce and I am agitated.I decide to ready my troops and destroy our closest enemy,The speedsters.A large group of hounds with our dogs,Machetes and Uzi.We march through the street heading towards the speedsters territory lead by me.

Now I know why we have not gotten any food those bastards boarded the streets up and put warnings.This only fills my rage and will increase my pleasure.I quickly tear down the barricade and start walking down the street again.I see scavenger pickup trucks coming to take the bodies back to base.i get a scent that there are people in a nearby alley,I take two dogs and enter the alley. Fortunately it was a dead end.No escape,The dogs quickly pounce and rip out two people throat and I walk towards the last one.He is now up against the wall begging for mercy as I raise my scythe for a mighty swing he screams alerting more of the pests.i stand over him as he has been chopped in half as some hounds come and load the pickup with the bodies.

I walk out of the alley and see hounds slaughtering people with machetes and murdering people with Uzis.Another grim smile forms on my well hidden face.

Flag Post

Yellow Jacket
One of my security cameras triggers an alarm, displaying the slaughterhouse that the streets had become. I contemplate whether or not I should assist the Speedsters, as they could end up helping me in my our fight against the Underworld.

Flag Post

Pvt Max
no one survived the helicopter crash… im on my own for now. i must get back to the hive mind base

Flag Post

Adjusting the straps on my newly-fashioned gauntlets, I test their range of motion. Not bad for being homemade! I’m exiting my place when I overhear talk of war with the Hive. Great, so much for sneaking out of the city…. I head over to the crowd to get some more information. Who knows, maybe I can get some prime scrap from the fighting!

Flag Post

The Silencer
As I walk through the rubble that remains of downtown, I pull out a small disc and press a button in the center. A trapdoor, completely hidden by the ruins of city hall, slides open and I jump down the pit into the Underworld stronghold. I walk down to the arms locker and pull out a small metal rod. I press a button and it extends to form a three foot long morningstar. I throw it at a training dummy and it is decapitated.

Flag Post

Old Mac
I come out of the building, still in shock. Of course Mike decided i’m up to another job, a silly job from silly rumours. I need to make sure that no connections are going on between the Speeders and the Hive, stupid job.

Flag Post

Yellow Jacket
I finish working and marvel at my handiwork. The gun is about three feet long, with a large conical end to the barrel. I test it by pointing it at a wall and firing. The blast takes out a hole ten feet across. My mask’s transmitter activates. “Max. I need you down in Weapons Lab 16.”

Flag Post

Reaper
Most of these people run but only the foolish stay as I charge a group of three and quickly dispatch of them.The even foolisher surrender as we tie their hands and slaughter them later.One actually tries to charge me with a knife,I knew it wouldn’t do any damage but he is going to figure this out the hard way.I see a quick flash of a machete and it come down on my attacker,I watch him clutch what used to be his are now dismembered from his torso.Right after he lets out a scream I decapitate him and watch him fall.

The battle has been won as I see the fleeing being killed by our Uzi’s and the scavenger trucks take some of the bodies back to base for our young and defending warriors.We drag our meals into houses where we emerge bloody mouthed and with a full stomach.

Flag Post

Pvt Max
sir yes sir i arrive at the weapons lab 16 you wont believe what happened to us! we found out who he was he was the silenced. but yet look. the RPg got us i survived but everyon else.. didnt

Flag Post

Yellow Jacket
“Yes… I can see that. But, not even remotely the point. I built a new gun and I’d like you to go kill some Underworld guys with it.” I give Max the gun I just built and fly back to the surface.

Flag Post

I was headed away from the blast. My internal Geiger counter told me this part of town was reasonably safe from radiation. The buildings were still crippled, vehicles were crushed and upturned, roads were cracked, and nearly everything was on fire, but there were fewer bodies on the streets. Presumably some weren’t dead enough, and decided to flee. Proof that the world hadn’t quite gone to hell yet.

I had walked seven miles before I saw any sign of life. When I did, I saw how wrong I was. I heard a man crying. The sound came from a pile of bodies, which were covered in deep gashes and torn apart. I pulled the battered remains off the top of the pile, and saw a man who was only alive enough to scream, and it was a miracle that he could. His arms had been ripped off, as had his jaw. His ribs had been stamped on, and his face was covered in blood. I tried to pull another corpse off him, and realised that was all that was left of him. He’d been cut in half at the waist, intestines and blood where his pelvis should have been. Someone had taken his legs as a trophy.

No bomb did this. This was human. This was torture. And clearly, for someone out there, this was fun.

I reached down to the man, who looked back at me with tears in his eyes as I snapped his neck, ending his pain instantly and finally. I was a weapon, I was made to kill. It was the only skill I had, it was all I could do. It was all anyone could do for that man.

I carried on, walking through the ruined city. People had already started rebuilding, there were barricades, makeshift guardposts, people trying to make their lives safe again. Obviously not safe enough, I though, as I saw symbols grafittied on a wall. Probably a gang symbol of some sort. I couldn’t read it, but I knew enough to see that it was bad news. Good news is never painted in blood.

Flag Post

Reaver
I grab the nearest alive person, gag them, then put them on the back of the bike. Suddenly people start shooting at me. I frown then charge at them on my bike. Some become bloody messes on the bottom of my wheel others are taken back to my laberinth, screaming. I start to slowly tortue them, thier screams echoing from the lab.

Flag Post

After walking through the crowd asking questions I learn that all Underworlders are to engage Hive members on sight. No time like the present, I think as I make a minor adjustment to my gauntlets and head towards the surface. On the way up I pass by the armory for some pistol magazines and a few extra arrows.

All set now, I go up to pick a fight.

Flag Post

Yellow Jacket
The rumors have been circulating. The Underworld has declared war on the Hive. I’ve decided to take up that challenge. For the last few hours, I’ve been flying around the city, gunning down all who wear the Underworld’s mark.

Flag Post

Max
in the black bird we where gunin down lots of underworld guys. but the RPG blow us up

Flag Post

As soon as I step into the sunlight I hear the pop-pop-pop of gunfire from the sky. I know immediately that it’s the one known as Yellow Jacket. Deciding that’s a battle I’d much rather avoid for now, I duck and find cover inside a building nearby. His time will come, but it’ll be better to work UP to him first. No sooner do I make the decision than I spot a Hive member skulking through an alley. Sneaking as best as I can, I spring through a window and fire an arrow at his back. He lets out a yell on the way to the ground. I jump on top of him and quickly snap his neck. He’s still twitching as I root through his pockets. An assault rifle, three magazines, and six grenades are my reward for this kill. Not too bad of a haul, I think before hopping back into the building.

Flag Post

Reaper
The battle is won and those who have surrendered have tried to join our forces but their is a test.Many former Speedsters members are lined up,Some think they will be executed are nervous.But this is their lucky day,A plate is presented in front of each person containing the butchered remains of their former allies.Some try to run other throw up,These people are killed and mutilated on the spot one person actually flicks his meal and starts shouting at us.I walk over to him and grab him by the throat and look him strait in the eye,Even though he can’t see my face he is terrified all the same.I dig my teeth into his neck and rip a humongous chunk out.Only few survived the test these people were considered strong and worthy.

Flag Post

The Silencer
As I watch from my command center the carnage that unfolds over the city, I think to myself, So Yellow Jacket, you want a war? Well come and get it. I press a button on a nearby console and a microphone turns on. “All active Underworld members direct fire to the refugees. Highest kill count will be rewarded.” I shut down the console, pick up my morningstar and what appears to be a star-tipped staff, and I head out into the war zone.

Flag Post

My gauntlets receive their first field test when I confront my fifth wandering Hive member. Somehow the guy hears me sneak up on him and turns in time to fire his pistol. By reflex I bring my arms up to cover my face and vital organs and feel the impact of the bullet as it ricochets off the steel. Acting quickly I fire my own pistol at his unprotected chest. Four shots later and he falls dead to the ground. Catching sight of his duffel bag of supplies, I realize that moving around with so much stuff is going to be too bothersome, especially with the no-names being whittled down. Soon only the heavy-hitters will be left, and I’ll need complete mobility for those suckers. I check the former Hive member’s pockets and dump what I find into his duffel bag before slinging the bag over my free shoulder. I scan the street for threats before running across it into another ruined apartment building. Utilizing my parkour skills I make it to the sixth floor and into an empty apartment where I stash my supplies. Hiding what I don’t need, I leave the building to continue my Hive hunt.

Flag Post

Yellow Jacket
I reach one of the Hive’s emergency bunkers, after killing about ten Underworld grunts. Once inside, I seal the doors and begin work. Three hours, later, I emerge wearing a suit of black and yellow armor with the Hive’s symbol on the chest. The arms have machine guns built into them, and my wing pack is mounted on the back of the suit.

Flag Post

I find myself facing a Hive lieutenant as victim #9. True to the nature of her post, this woman is no pushover. Using enhanced speed she closes the distance between us and manages a swift kick to my temple that I just barely block. The impact is still enough to slide my body to my right. Pivoting my heel, I use the momentum to catch her arm and flip her over my shoulder. She hits the ground hard as I quickly point my pistol in her face only for her to smack it away before I could fire a round. Flipping backwards to avoid a punch, I watch warily as she leaps to her feet. Rather than charging forward again, I see her hop in place, loosening her limbs in preparation for another attack. No words are necessary as I drop into a stance.

The battle is a flurry of arms and legs. Back and forth we fight in that narrow alley, evenly matched in our combat skills. I bide my time as I block and dodge her attacks, waiting for my moment. Sure enough, the lieutenant throws a wild roundhouse kick. Ducking under it I catch the swinging leg with my right arm and use my right leg to sweep her leg from underneath her. Maintaining the momentum I release her leg and drop both my knees into her chest, letting gravity drive the hard bone into her ribcage. She gasps in pain right before I backhand her across the face. The steel augments my blow and she immediately goes limp.

Unfortunately, I’m still left with a dilemma: what am I supposed to do with her now? Killing women outside of a heated battle is not something I relish and I’m certainly not taking her back to the Underworld base. No telling what the boss will do to her during his “interrogation.” Taking her set of throwing knives (I wonder why she didn’t use them? Then again, I’ve yet to draw my own blade.), I decide to rechamber my pistol with a full clip and leave it next to her hand. My conscience appeased, I exit the alley without a backward glance. Time for #10!

Flag Post

Someone had put a lot of effort into the barricades in this section of the city, and had essentially sealed off the area. The steel and barbed wire were clear signs that unwanted visitors would not be welcome, and while it would be easy for me to just force my way through the badly welded steel, I don’t think that would be a good idea. However, the inner city might be the perfect place to start my life, and maybe I can be of help to at least someone in there.

I head towards the gate, and a tall, thin man in army fatigues and body armour steps out, gun in hand.

“Halt! What do you want?” he barks at me, barrel pointed at my face. He wouldn’t be a threat to me, and he’s clearly not trained for this sort of thing, although he’s definitely a soldier. The gun remains steady, pointed directly at me. One slight movement and the bullet would be heading for my left eye. He’s willing to kill to defend his city. I’d rather that didn’t happen.

“I Simply Want To Enter. I Am New Here.” I reply woodenly. My monotonous voice doesn’t help matters.

“…What’s wrong with you?” he asks, dropping his guard for a moment. It could be genuine concern, or he could just be worried that he’s dealing with some messed-up junkie. Something tells me that the truth would be too unbelievable.

“I Suffer From A Mental Condition That Means I Cannot Talk Properly. I Have Had It Since I Was Born.” That was close enough, and believable, and it appeared to put the guard at his ease. The gun stayed where it was though, as a well-built six-foot man in torn black clothes can be pretty intimidating.

“Well, I’m sorry but I cannot let you in. Haven’t you seen the signs?” he asked, gesturing towards a wooden board covered in red markings. I stare blankly at it, and then look towards the guard again. “Oh, I’m sorry, you can’t read? Jeez, man. I didn’t mean to offend you, but I can’t let you in. We’re already too full, we have a quarter of the city’s refugees in here! Look, look, stay there a minute and I’ll see what I can do.”

He disappeared behind the gate, and returned with a large backpack.

“Look, I’m sorry but I really can’t let you in. Here’s some clothes, first-aid stuff, some food, that sort of thing. Sundown is soon, so you really need to find some shelter. It isn’t safe on the streets at night.”

Flag Post

The sun starts to set on my twelfth victim’s corpse. It’s clear to me now that the grunts are either all dead or have fled to the Hive stronghold and only the officers are roaming the streets. Take this now-dead lieutenant for example, strolling down the street spinning what look like police batons in both arms and a staff hung by a leather belt to his back, looking for all the world like a track star going to meet up with his girlfriend. Seeing as he didn’t have any long-range weapons that I could see, I drop my pack from victim #11 and step out into the street. He notices my emergence and stops abruptly. A few seconds of silence falls before he speaks.

“And what the hell do you want, Underworld scab?” His voice is deeper than his frame would suggest and he has a definite accent that I can’t place. I can’t help but be amused by his words, though I choose not to respond to them. An annoyed look is my reward before he speaks again. “Say something you little bitch before I go over there and beat you to death!”

“Easy sailor, I’m sure your boyfriend won’t mind if we play a little bit,” I say in a bored tone. It isn’t a very good joke, but I can see the rage flash in his eyes anyway. He snarls like a beast before charging at me, showcasing speed on par with victim #9. I stand my ground, use my gauntlets to block both batons easily, and drive my knee into his stomach. He exhales forcefully before sliding one of his batons free and ramming it into the center of my chest. Pain blossoms from the point of impact and I hop back a safe distance. Still snarling, the young lieutenant unleashes a furious barrage of attacks that have me completely on the defensive. I take a few steps back while blocking his strikes, scanning my surroundings for something to help. I spot a slab of concrete two steps back and slightly to the right and formulate a plan.

So engrossed in pressing the attack, he steps right into the slab and it instantly cuts off his momentum. I shift my weight to my back leg and explode forward, clotheslining the lieutenant before he can react. As he falls to the ground I use my feet to kick the batons away but he uses my distraction to bring his legs up in a kick that forces me back.

“All right, no more dicking around,” he says as he slides his staff into a two-handed grip. “Now you get to die for messing with the Hive, scum!” Without any other choice, I finally grip the sheath of my katana as he charges forward again. A deep breath drops me into my Zen focus and I can see every step he takes. Calculations run through my head at lightning speed while my thumb flicks the blade out an inch and my right hand hovers over the handle. Just as the lieutenant has the staff above his head for a hammer strike to my skull, I move. My legs spring my body forward, my right hand tightens on the handle, and I smoothly slice the lieutenant in half. Blood sprays the area as inertia forces the two parts of his body to roll roughly three feet behind me. Sheathing my sword once more, I don’t bother to look back, instead picking up the two batons and stepping to retrieve the pack I had dropped.

Time to call it a day, I think as I make my way back to the apartment to pick up the rest of my stash.

Flag Post

Yellow Jacket
A few Underworld grunts tried to stop me on the way back to the Hive’s base. About three seconds later, the kill count was raised by about fifteen. In this armor, I felt invincible. Still, the reports of most of our forces being killed worried me. I began to wonder how long it would be until I was the target, but shortly after, the thought was dismissed.

Flag Post

The Silencer
I make my way towards one of the city’s main refugee camps to see if any of my men have arrived yet. So far there hasn’t been any major complications, leading me to believe that many Underground operatives have gone on a Hive hunt again. As I start to leave, I notice a man who appears to be a refugee, but he looks to be too large or too healthy to be one of them. I wonder why he’s leaving the camp? Surely everyone has heard about the bloodbath that has been going on in the past few hours? I stay to the shadows as I trail him, curious as to his destination.