The World After (Ather City 2) [The End] page 3 (locked)

5529 posts

Flag Post

[Thanks, Gambi-boyo. Timeskip to next morning, gentlemenemeltneg.]

Eclipsis Void
Ungh… what happened last night… jeez, my head.
‘Morning, gorgeous.’
Wha…
…oh, right. Alice and Jessica. The human and the catgirl… now I remember.
‘You have fun last night, Void?’ I get asked by Jessica.
‘Why, yes. Yes I did.’
‘Goood. We did too, didn’t we, Alice?’
‘Mmhmm.’
An awkward moment of silence occurs not too dissimilar to the one had before our first session together. Less the pleading faces, of course.
‘…so, I suppose I’d better get going now.’
‘May we make you breakfast first? I do so for myself and dad most mornings, anyway, so two more won’t hurt.’
‘No, don’t worry yourself over that. Really, I need to be going soon…’
‘Oh, but I insist. Go on, treat yourself.’
An eyeroll is gained from me, followed by a pause, then: ‘Well, alright.’
Having gotten dressed, we head downstairs for breakfast. Several minutes later, we have finished a meal of bacon and eggs. Top quality, too.
‘So, now I really DO have to get going. You’ve all been very hospitable, and I’ve enjoyed your company.’
‘Well, you enjoy yourself wherever you go, Void.’
‘That I shall, Argus. I… woah.’
The world suddenly span. Just a little, but enough to make me heavily suspicious as to what was actually in that meal.
‘Hallucinogens.’
‘What?’
‘Hallucinogens.’ comes the voice of Alice. ’That’s what was in your meal. Very strong ones, too.’
‘What do you mean, Alice? What’s going on?’
’Don’t worry yourself, dad, honestly.’
‘Wuaah… crap, everything’s melting…’
‘AliiiceOHGOD.’
From what I can make out, Alice has just pulled a pistol on her own father. Jessica is following suit with me.
Oh, you sneaky little…
‘You two just follow us, and you’ll be alright… everything will be fine…’
And then the world turns into colours.

[Incidentally, I’ve edited the posts involving Alice and Jessica slightly to incorporate a shoutout. First person to guess what it is gets many internets]

Flag Post

Andrus

Sleep is sometimes the best medicine, of weary limbs as well as a weary mind. I think, lying on the makeshift bed that I erected up yesterday. Getting up, I look out of the window, the sun shining almost directly in my eyes. The street is wet from last night’s rain. It is almost my daily custom to close my eyes while facing the sunlight, feeling like a lizard absorbing heat for its daily activities. Not as if i can’t live without this, but it makes my whole day go a lot better.

Stretching, I put on my coat, and walk over to the table. A worn out article, looking like as if it had been used to the extent of its usability. The top is rather uneven, and the drawer, which I had managed to pry open with difficulty, was flimsy enough to tear down with a simple pull. I slide it open with difficulty, the rough underside grazing sharply. The rolled up paper inside contains the plan I made yesterday. I take it out, and immediately realize that there is something wrong. I roll it open, and find the plans streaked with red. I turn the piece of paper over, and a message, clumsily scrawled in red paint, flashed before me. Be gone from this town, or face the wrath of the Klilox. I read silently, before rolling it and pocketing it. I am slightly worried. It will be difficult for me to stay in this town if this local mob decides that I am dangerous. Deep in thought, I take the sword from under a floorboard, followed by the shield. I then exit the rickety house, walking into a typical scene in the City of the Dying.

A crime. Two people stand on one side of the road, looking down at a man lying on the street, cowering from the other two. The street is rather empty, perhaps the people haven’t woken up yet, or perhaps they did not want to partake in any kind of fighting. After all, they have a family of their own. I examine the two other men, feeling curiosity rise. The man to the side of the alley, is thin, and something in his build makes me suspect mutation. He has green hair (another suspicious trait), a weather-worn face and black skin. His clothes are tight, and he seems to be built for fighting, a cutlass hanging from his belt. The other man is certainly a mutant, his skin resembling that of a fleshless man. His legs have modified drastically, the feet turning into pincer like structures, and fleshy appendages dangling from the char-black thighs. The man on the street is probably one of the humans still left. Humans survive for one reason: their choice to band together in groups. Most mutants prefer human companions too.

My thoughts are interrupted as the scene before me begins to progress. The thin man draws the cutlass, and his hand seems to melt into liquid, the flesh crawling up the hilt and incorporating it into the arm. As I suspected. A mutant. The man approaches, the cutlass raised, its blade shining in the light of the rising sun.

Man on road’s POV

I look up in fear, my heart throbbing madly, as if wanting to escape death in some way. I look around hopelessly, but see no one on the street. My hands ache with pain from my fall, and, as the miscreant raises his weapon, I look at the shining blade. Surely, it will soon be stained with my blood. I tremble with fear. You face death every day in this city, but death is still something you never accept. I wonder if I should close my eyes, but that will only serve to provide my enemies with more pleasure. I decide to face death. And then, like magic, a miracle occurs. A blinding flash makes me close my eyes partly, as the wind parts to the sides and an explosion like sound nearly breaks my ear-drums. I see the two men fly across the street and hit the wall of a house.

Back to FPOV

The sword in my hand points at the two miscreants, the blade glowing with energy from the sun itself. I walk slowly forward, looking firmly into the eyes of my enemies, who stare back with fear mixed with hatred. I stand in front of the man on the street, and offer my hand to him. He grasps it, and I pull him to his feet. He looks old, though he is probably young. His clothes are dull, ragged and faded. His face is full of wonder, as I motion to him to go into my house. The two assailants seem to realize that their prey is escaping, and, uttering loud cries, hasten up, and charge towards me. I let fire run into my hand, and lob a fireball at the thin enemy. He ducks to dodge, losing his balance in a puddle, and falls. The other man stops, and draws a gun. It swings up to aim at me, as I zigzag towards him.

Two shots fly past my body, as I reach the man, the sword in my hand flashing as I strike the gun out of his hand. The gun lands in a drain nearby. Uttering a howl of anguish, the mutant smashes at me with his hand. My shield comes up to meet his fists, and he utters another cry of pain. I aim the sword at his chest and blast him back with another shot. I watch as the two mutants crawl to their feet, now wary. The first draws his cutlass, while the other crosses his hands. Long spike-like nails pop out of the fingers, and, raising the hands to his mouth, the mutant licks them once, his eyes flashing with anger.. This will be a long day. Uttering a cry myself, I run forward to meet the cutlass, raising my shield to deflect the fatal claws. I kick the cutlass-mutant in the knees, knocking him back, while pushing the claws off my shield, and get ready for another renewed melee.

[Anyone in the City of the Dying now?]

Flag Post

Rick

For some reason I keep seeing my life flash before my eyes. I remember the day Dad first showed that he hated me. I’ve still got the scars to prove it.

“Dad, can I have some friends over on the weekend?” “You’ve got friends, have you? The first mutant to ever have friends. I’ll soon sort that out.” He punched me hard in the middle of the face. I was thirteen at the time, and by god it hurt. I was sent sprawling on the floor where he repeatedly beat the crap out for the next five minutes. At the end he stood right over me. “MUTANTS SHOULD NOT TALK TO MEMBERS OF THE HIGHER RACE! YOU WILL NOT CONTRIBUTE IN CLASS AND YOU WILL NOT TALK TO ANYONE! UNDERSTAND?” I nodded. That’s what he thought of mutants, as scum race with no place in society. Mom just never talked to me at all.

I tried calling the cops once, but Dad was a cop, so they didn’t believe me. They kept saying he was a fine man and that I shouldn’t prank call. They must’ve told him about it, because he came into my room about 5 minutes later and beat the crap out of me. He only stopped because mom came in and calmed him down. They wouldn’t send me to college or university because the ‘Mutant filth don’t deserve it.’ Bastards.

My eyes snap open. I must’ve fell asleep, because it’s morning. Holy crap. My hands are wet from crying. I see someone next to me. “Hey, who are you?”

Flag Post

Seren, the Angel of Dublin
I hold out my palm and look at the crystal. I then crush it.
“I’ve been waiting for ever to do that…” I mutter, and throw the remains in a bin. I then grab a small dagger from the ground and slice my hand open. White blood pours out of it. The blood turns into a Scythe.
“Hmmm… Now i’m the Angel of Dublin with a Pure White Scythe. How epic.”

Flag Post

[I am addeb.]

Jack.

I hear some racket from outside the bar. I stand up, throw some coins on the desk, thanking for the beer. As I walk outside, I see two men fighting. I take out my pistol. “Both of you stop!” I yell. “Or you die.” I finish. I don’t want to hurt them before I know what’s going on.

Flag Post

[Call me An if my name is difficult to pronounce. And it is actually 3 men.]

Andrus

I swing the sword once, the energy cutting across to my two opponents. I turn to the newcomer, a man with a large hat. An ally? Or another foe? I duck to avoid a kick from my enemy, my own leg shooting forward to make him fall. I straighten, and look at the newcomer. “Well, who are you? And these men were trying to assassinate a man, two-on-one. And they seem to prefer fighting with advantages. I say you move back into the bar, and close your ear against what is going on in the city, like you all seem to do.” Finishing my speech, I take a stance as the men charge in again.

Flag Post

[I know I haven’t posted much but I’m currently fighting a hangover, plus it should be the middle of the night in Moscow.]

Flag Post

Eclipsis Void
Ungh… my head… again…
I wake up to find myself in a small, bare room.
‘So you’re finally up, then.’
I look to my right to find the unusually tall figure of Argus tied to a chair… at this point, I realise that I have also been tied to a chair.
‘How long have I been out for?’
‘About an hour. That hallucinogen they put in your food was something called salvia divinorum… rare nowadays, but powerful stuff, apparently moreso than your metabolism could handle… usually you’d have to smoke it, but apparently that particular plant had mutated or something.’
‘Well, crap.’
’That’s about the word for it.’
‘You know, your daughter and her friend are real b***es.’
‘Hey, I oppose that.’
‘So why did they drug me, then kidnap both of us?’
‘Well… hrm.’
‘Well?’
’They’ve decided I’m too old to run this town any longer. Apparently, they’re gonna announce that I stepped down peacefully, and let them take over. They’ll probably kill both of us afterwards… well, me, at least.’
‘And why am I here? Why did they not just let me move on once they had had sex with me?’
‘They tell you about any particular fetishes?’
‘Tentacle hentai, apparently.’
‘They weren’t lying.’
Oh God, the implications for the future. I shudder.
‘So, how do we prevent you getting killed and me getting raped endlessly?’
‘Well, first off, we’ll have to break out of here. Good luck with that, though – these ropes are made of metal.’
‘Metal is no obstacle for the great Eclipsis, I think you’ll find…’
I attempt to tear the wires apart by sheer force… and fail miserably, due to the fact that the tentacles are also tied separately to each chair leg. Also, the metal is apparently stupidly strong.
‘Yeah, no obstacle. Unless the wires are made of titanium, obviously.’
‘Titanium?’
’That’s what it seems like, anyway.’
‘No chance of untying ourselves either, then?’
‘Even if these weren’t made of metal, Jessica’s father sent her to a couple of girl scout sessions… he withdrew her after he discovered the guide was raping the last students to leave every week, but she learned enough to tie a good solid knot. Believe me, we aren’t getting out of here quickly.’
‘So, Argy, you’re clearly a mutant. Why don’t you try escaping with your abilities, hm?’
‘I only have my height and a bit of extra strength. I already tried, and you’re clearly stronger than me, so…’
‘Well, what about Alice? She apparently knew what I was thinking earlier…’
‘The ’woah’ kind of gave it away that you’d been drugged.’
‘And Jessica?’
‘Now SHE’S a beast. Looks nice enough, but piss her off, and she turns into this… thing. Words don’t describe it very well.’
‘When we get out, give me a pen and paper, and I’ll write it down for you.’
’You’re actually going to TRY and annoy her into that state?!’
’Don’t have anything better to do. Besides, she owes me for showing her a good time, then drugging me. They both do.’
’I’m sure.’

[Also, Gambi, go to Honos.]

Flag Post

Azerial
The lightly armoured warrior steps into the ring. This is the first fight of the day. Hundreds of people are gathered round to watch this spectical. I slowly move in a ring around my oppenent, waiting for the oppertunity. He tries to leap foward to stab me. This is the break i’ve been waiting for. I leap to the side of my oppenent then jump at him. My teeth effectlessly piercing through his armour and entering his chest. Seconds later and the heart is out and I chew the blooded carcass. Half the crowd are cheering, the other half are silent. A few minutes later troops in large metal suits come out to wrestle me back to my room. Entering the room. I stalk around a bit. I hear a human voice “Well, Well, Well. You are strong arn’t you.” A scientist says. “You also bring in the money.” The scientist laughs. “I’lll find out where you come from, then the NUO can use you to take out the other continents. Starting with Europe, followed by South america.” His laughs can be heard through the glass panel. He then walks off.

Flag Post

Jake
I’ve been standing there the whole while. I guess takeing that energy drink was a good idea, but I still had to nap for a little while. I’ve only been awake for several minutes when I see the other man wake up. “Nobody really. Just a friend, I guess.” “C’mon, can I beat him up?” ‘Shut it’ “But..” ‘Shut it.’ “B..” ‘I said shut it.’ “Fi” ‘Saying that is not shuting it now is it?’ “…..” ‘Good boy’ I myself don’t get up, but I form a replica of myself next to him. I have it raise a hand halfway, gestureing to help him up.

Flag Post

Rick Matthews
I take the replica’s hand and he helps me up. “Well, you’d be the first friend of mine for about 5 years.” Thank god I found someone. I hate being alone.

Flag Post

Jake
As soon as he is up I have the replica dissipate. No need to waste my own energy. “Well, thats nice.” I pull out my two weapons to make sure nobody tried to steal them while I was takeing a nap. Both are still there. Of course, the crossbow is usless without ammo. “Hey, I have to make a trip to my place. You can come if ya want. And the names Jake.” I start walking to my appartment.

Flag Post

Rick
“I’ll come. I got nothing else to do. And I’m Rick.” I walk with him. Wait, what if he’s a cop? I don’t care. At least there’s other people to talk to in prison.

Flag Post

[I’ll just keep posting to fill the gap there will be for the next about 6 hours.]
Jake
It doesn’t take long to get back to the apartment. About as long as it took me to get where we just were. as soon as I get to my room I walk over to my bed. I lean down and pull out the quiver of arrows. Theres still 10 in there. Good. I strap it to my back as a quiver like this usualy is. I’ve already put away my dagger and crossbow. “Well, what do we do now?”
[Also coolo, you can take controll over what we do when I leave as long as you don’t do something really stupid.]

Flag Post

Rick

“I dunno. I suppose we could do what I’ve been doing for the past five years, which is mope around for a while until an oppurtunity presents itself in some way. Actually, there are some people who want me out of town. Quite a lot actually. Should we deal with them or just leave them to shout at me every time I go past them?”

Flag Post

Jake
“I don’t really like fighting much. Of course, I have a friend who would love to do nothing else.” “And don’t you forget it.” “I guess we could just walk around town.”

Flag Post

Rick

“Sounds good.” We both walk outside and start walkingf around the streets. Some guy wiht a sword walks in front of us. “I thought we told you to get out?” He looks at me and ignores Jake while he’s saying it. He pulls out the sword and points it at me. I grsb my combat knife and use super speed to jab it into his neck. I steal his sword. “Ok, I had no idea they’d turned violent. Why? Why do they hate me that much? They’re like my goddamn parents.” The last line slips off my tounge before I can stop myself. Oh crap now I’m going to have to explain that to him. Damn wrong choice of words.

Flag Post

Jake
“Ehh, all parents love their kids to some point. Just some don’t stretch that point very far. Also, I recomnd you put that weapon away. Your a lot more likely to get attacked when your walking around sword out and all.” His personal problems are none of my buisness.
[I am going now, so you know what to do. If the situation turns violent, just have me switch personalitys and start fighting people. My other personality will pretty much just be rude and fight people, sometimes for the most obscure reason.]

Flag Post

Ranshyymon
I walk along a busy road in Tokyo. I see many Triads men. But i dont have the powers to defeat all of them. The higherups will be hard to even touch. I need help from the outside. Perhaps another country. I need to get to the Layol port!

Flag Post

Rick
“Good point there.” I put the sword back down and pick the combat knife back up. “If there’s more like that, then I’ve got to get out of the city before they kill me. The nearest city is the City of the Dying, although that doesn’t sound like fun, that’s where I’m going to have to go.” When I turn around, three men with swords are behind me. I turn around again and there are another three. The only way out is up a building. “You’re going to be seriously dizzy after this.” I quickly grab Jake and run up the building with him. They can’t follow because they aren’t mutants. I let go of jake and he grabs his head and starts to stumle around. Where should I go now? I hear o voice from below the building. “If you don’t come down and let me kill you, we’re going to hunt the two of you!” I turn to Jake. “I’m really sorry I dragged you into this. I never knew they were going to get violent.” What can I do? I try to think of a plan of action.

Flag Post

Ranshyymon
I arrive at Port Layol in Tokyo. I see nothing suspicious so i get in to the nearest ship that says “America”. I hop into a shipping box and wait until i am in the ship. I hear some landing noise from inside the box. Bam, i felt the stomp of the box to the ground. I Break the box from the inside. I see two young shippers. “hello boys. Time to die?” “Please don’t kill us! We will go and be quiet.” “For this time i let you go.” I let the boys go and try to find a sleeping place for my self. I find a comfortable stack of rags in the middle of the boxes. I go to take a nap.

Flag Post

Rick

“Ok, there’s only one thing to do. To escape them we’ll have to get out. You can come back later when the heat’s died down but for now we’ll both have to go. Ready?” I grab hold of him and super speed down the building and into the street. I keep super speed up until we’re out of the city entirely. I let go of Jake and he crashes to the floor in dizziness. Oh crap. I pull hhim back up. “You alright?” “Yeah, just give me a minute to stop the dizziness.” At that moment I see a huge group of humans armed with sworda running at us. “We haven’t got a minute.” Before he can object, I grab him and super speed for a few miles until we get to the gates of the City of the Dying. “Looks like it’s guarded. Come with me.” I walk around the city until I get to a point in the walls where there’s no-one guarding it. Jake follows. “Only one way to get up there.” I grin at Jake. “No, not that again.” I grab him again and super speed over the wall and onto the other side. I see a few guys fighting and one guy just watching. I turn to Jake. “Get back into the shadows.” He does so and I do so too.

[BC, is the shoutput to pludpladr’s character from Honos, the catgirl Jessica?]

Flag Post

[Yes, coolo. A WINRAR IS YOU.]

Flag Post
Originally posted by BCLEGENDS:

[Yes, coolo. A WINRAR IS YOU.]

[W00T! I’m a winrar!]

Flag Post

[Lol, good one Coolo.]

Andrus

The two metals strike once more with a sonorous clang, the glittering Orichalcum fighting what is unmistakeably Metallid. Well, I have a disadvantage right there. Considering the density of Metallid, it can easily fracture the ionic bonds of the Orichalcum. I make up my mind quickly. My sword slides back, and, as the cutlass reaches for me, I raise the shield to block the hit. In the same movement, my hand with the sword neatly and effortlessly slices the other’s hand. Greenish blood drips down, but the thin man does not seem to feel any pain. Over the shield, I spot his mouth working furiously, a bubble of some sort of orange liquid building in them. I push him back with the shield, my sword moving to the right to block the claws of my other enemy.

I suddenly realize what the thin mutant plans to do,and get a second to react as he spits the liquid towards me. I tense my body, and, leaping, strecth my legs in his direction, rolling to the side. My legs strike him right in the side of his skull, and he totters backwards. The orange liquid streams beneath me and splatters on the wall of the bar. Rolling in midair, my sword slices the other in the leg, resulting in another scream. I land on my back, and immediately leap up, reflexively kicking the cowering clawed mutant in the chest. He utters a loud cry, before leaping onto me with such agility that I fail to block the hit. The sword clatters onto the road and rolls away as he falls face first on me, my back hitting the road, thankfully without much injury. The mutant attempts to cut my throat, and I narrowly dodge, trying to raise my shield from beneath him. Ok…this isn’t going well… I think, as, over the raging creature’s shoulder, I see the cutlass mutant approach slowly. Now will be a good time to apply my skills. Only it would be great if the stranger took care of the cutlassed mutant.

I feel a burning sensation in my stomach, and eject a stream of smoke into the mutant’s face. Coughing, he rolls over me. Pushing with great effort, I manage to roll him aside, but as I reach for my sword, I know that it is too late. The cutlass sweeps down, knocking the sword behind him, out of my reach. I raise the shield in time to block a strike. Now I am at a disadvantage, and the thin mutant, the edges of his mouth blood-stained, leers at me as he continues the onslaught. Somehow staggering to my feet, I can only block the ferocious strikes and lob useless fireballs at my enemy, who seems to go into some sort of kamikaze mode. To add to the rising tension of my position, I see the other mutant getting up. I see eager eyes watching from over windows, but no one comes forward to help, as I realize that, without help, this battle can’t be won. My suspicion is ascertained as I see a third shadow around the alley, the shadow of a mace-like weapon evident in his hand. It is only a matter of time, perhaps. But I won’t give up without a fight.