The World After (Ather City 2) [The End] page 4 (locked)

5529 posts

Flag Post

Rick

Should I get involved? I don’t know who this man is. But Jake didn’t know me but he came to me when he saw me crying. I guess I should help those in need. I get out my gun. Dammit, ammo for this thing is rare, but it seems that it’s the only way. I shoot the mutant with the cutlass twice in the head and he goes down. “Still need a hand there?” I draw my combat knife.

Flag Post

Andrus

Suddenly, deliverance arrives from the hand of a complete stranger. I watch the mutant fall to the floor, severely injured, though the skin seems to be mending as we speak. “Well, I must say, I am glad this isn’t a town full of sheep. Glad to meet you, and thank you, of course.” I say, letting a tendril of fire from my hand wrap around the hilt of the sword. I concentrate on it, and the blade is pulled into my hand by it. Phew, this is hard. I heard that the Old Man Victor could do this effortlessly… wish I can be like him someday. I slice the claws off the other enemy as he tries to get up. “You deserve this for taking the path of crime.” I say, the sword returning to the scabbard. I beam at the man, who seems to be a…mercenary of sorts. But you can never tell. “If you are wondering, I found these men robbing a perfectly harmless old man, and I just can’t stand exploitation like this.” I watch as the man on the ground groans, and sits up. His eyes fill with hatred and fear as he stares once at me, then at the newcomer. “You will pay.” He finally speaks, his voice harsh and high. “The Klilox won’t take this down.” Grabbing his fallen friend and the cutlass, he leaps onto a roof, and runs away. The Klilox again… “So, may I have your name?”

Flag Post

Rick

“I’m Rick Matthews. Just rolled into town. You are?”

Flag Post

Andrus

“Andrus Sonic. Paris, or what is left of it anyway. Wanderer of sorts, and a newcomer as well.” I study ’Rick’s face, his name ringing as slightly familiar. Matthews….now where did I read that name again? Perhaps in the Old Man’s diary? Brushing the thought aside, I gesture to my house. “Well, it is certainly an awkward scene that took place out here, but I guess I can still invite you in. We could talk, I guess. It is not safe to talk out here. We could, for example, discuss the ‘Klilox.’” I choose the word carefully, examining the man’s face. For all I know, the Klilox’s spies could be everywhere.

Flag Post

Rick
“Who’s the Klilox? I assume they’re horribly bad people, judging by the fact that they robbed an old man.”

Flag Post

(anybody else in North America can feel free to take part in the colleseum. I can’t say that your definatly going to face Azerial but… yeah)
Azerial
The next gladiator is a heavily armoured person armed with a massive hammer. He walks in and sneers at me. I can’t stand humans. He walks closer, obviously trying to indemidate me. I ingnore his petty taunts and move towards the side of the ring. As he moves closer. I release a huge ball of poison. It hits him in helmet. Now he is temporarly blinded, I run towards him and bring my claws on his neck, he is crushed instantly. I then beat him into a pulp and eat his flesh.

Flag Post

Andrus

I look around, but, as I expected, we are not being overheard. People in this town like to avoid trouble as far as they can. Lowering my voice after approaching Rick, I say. “The Klilox is what might be described as the iron hand of monarchy now controlling the whole of the City of Dying. It is a gang, in a way, mixed in with the cops. They are like leeches, sucking the blood of helpless people dry. All they care about is themselves, and I have a feeling that there is a reason behind their assaulting an old man in beginning of the day. Want to interview him together?” I have begun to trust this guy. Perhaps it is because he saved my life, but more importantly, it was the way he asked me who the Klilox are. No actor is that good.

Flag Post

Seren, The Angel of Dublin
I see a small group of mutants heading towards the entrance to Dublin. They attack the guards and destroy them. I stare in horror as what seems like the leader tears apart a guard and eats him.
No…. I vowed to protect Dublin….. Your not going to kill anymore people… I think, pull off my fake Halo, sharpen it and lob it. It zooms like a boomerang and slices a mutants head off. I catch it, spread my wings and take flight. I swing the halo round and let go. It slices two off in a row. I catch it, and sense something behind me.
They won’t be able to sneak up on me…. I’ve had too many years of being attacked unexpectadly by Him.

I spin around, withdraw my pistol and fire a shot into the flying mutants face. It drops like a stone. I sense that i’m surrounded. I curl my wings up and dive down.

I bring up at the last moment and see Dublin on fire. I gasp, and then I hear an explosion.
“What? I only dived for about two seconds…… How could it have exploded in that amount of time?” I mutter, confused. I knew I had to leave. So I spread my wings and flew as far away as possible, heading in an unknown direction.

Flag Post

Rick
“Sure, why not? Where is he right now?” I think he trusts me. I can never be too careful though, I once trusted my parents, and that didn’t work out so well. He’s not done anything yet though, and I saved his life, so I think I’m safe with him.

Flag Post

[Sorry,i won’t be able to keep up with you guys. I have a lot of work to do,will stop playing in FG for a while. Also,just wondering…

Originally posted by squidward568:

[Jester! Your horrible!]

Seren
I weild my sword and land on top of the man.
WHERE IS THE REAL CRYSTAL!” I growl at him, teeth bared. He gasps, and withdraws a knife from his back pocket. He plunges it into my chest. White liquid drips from the wound all over the old man.
“Yep. My blood is white.” I grin at him, and the blood clots. I stab the man, and hide him in a dustbin. I fly away.
Damn. I promised I was never going to kill anyone again. This means I have to hurt myself again…

Do you mean,my character is horrible,or i’m horrible in roleplays?
And…You’re*,Wield*,Backpocket*. Again,i’m really sorry,but my life is important.
Edit: I mean,do you think my character is a bitchy,communist-loving crazy psychopath or do you think i don’t know how to roleplay?]

Flag Post

[What do you mean by Do you mean, my character is horrible, or i’m horrible in roleplays?]

Seren, The Angel of Dublin
I fly forward, tears in my eyes. I hope to find someone soon, but I don’t have my hopes up. I might be able to last without food for a day, but I really need to find a place to get food.

Flag Post

[How about we write our locations after our names? Won’t that make RPing easy? :)]

Andrus

I nod to the house, and walk in, swinging the door open to allow my friend to enter. The man sits on the table, a small sack beside him. He looks at me gratefully, yet with suspicion. Naturally. He does not know what I plan. There is an awkward silence for a while. “Uh, what is your name?” “Tramas Dextero, dear man. Call me Tramas.” The old man’s voice is like old leaves rubbing past each other (Is he an old man? I begin to suspect the fact more and more as he talks.) I turn back, and beckon Rick to follow me.

Flag Post

Rick
I follow Andrus into the house. Hmm. So long since I’ve been in one of these and haven’t stolen from it. “So, Tramas Dextero, what actually happened?”

Flag Post

[I never implyed I thought anything about you.
EDIT:OH…. That post…. I meant that your Character was a crazy psychopath.]

Flag Post

Eclipsis Void
Well, I finally managed to get a single tentacle free from the chair leg, and have since been using it to pick away at the separate wires that make up the metallic rope binding me. At last, I think I’ve gotten a small section thin enough that I’ll be able to snap it with brute force. I pull at the ropes as hard as I can…

…nothing. Crap. Well, I suppose I’ve only got a few wires left to snap. I keep pulling at them.

Flag Post

Seren, The Angel of Dublin, somewhere near England
I land and check my surroundings.

Flag Post

Andrus City of The Dying

The man looks at each of us in turn, as if trying to measure us. Then he sighs. “Well, no harm in telling you.” he mutters, before continuing. “Well, you must have heard about the Klilox? Well, it is a criminal organization, as you must have found out already. The City of The Dying, as this town is called, is one of their centers of operation. They operate in other towns as well, but more on that later.”

“In our town, the active part of K consists mainly of mobsters, straight off hooligans, like the ones that attacked me out there. They are strong, no question there. But if the townspeople all rose up against them, they will be annihilated easily. But yet it is not happening, why? I, Tramas Dextero, have discovered the cause.” He grows silent, as the two of us wait for him to talk. “What other than internal conflict!” he cries out, slamming his hand on the table. “Most people in this town are mutated, or at least, more in proportion to some other towns. But the humans are also much in number. The leaders of the K, that is who create internal differences between the mutants and humans. The humans view the mutants as outcasts, and generally resent their company. The mutants hate this outlook of the humans, and they do not stop to pick fights. But the thing is, this conflict prevents them from unifying against the K. They just want to kill EACH OTHER, rather than rooting out this organization which is eating the town from within.”

The man breathes heavily, from excitement, from the thrill, perhaps, of being able to speak freely for once. “I, have discovered the base of their operations, at least some of them. But more importantly, I have managed to track down many of their important members. They have found out about me, and won’t stop till they get my blood….” he quiets down, the fear in his eyes, though, continuing to burn. “Will you join me, my friends? For the salvation of these downtrodden, confused, exploited people? Just imagine having to live in fear, perhaps living only so you can comfort another, wondering if you will see your own family alive tomorrow. Just imagine losing a person so close to you.” His voice dies, as his eyes fill with tears. “My family, I have lost them. My two children….how will I answer their mother now? She told me to take care of them, yet…I failed…..the K must be brought down!” The fire in his eyes makes my whole body shiver. Striding to him, I place a hand on his shoulder. “I will help you, I promise.” I say, my voice gentle and soothing. Tramas manages to control himself. “Thank you, stranger. No man in this town had stood up for me, yet you, who do not even know me well, saved me. I owe you, both.” he says, looking once at me and then Rick, his eyes watery.

Flag Post

Rick City Of The Dying

“Hell, I’m in! I’m lucky because I don’t HAVE ayone close for them to kill, but they sound like utter dicks. So, is there any plan of action at all?” Oh crap, I’ve just told those two. I hope they’re like Jake who didn’t ask for an explanation.

Flag Post

Andrus City of The Dying

The phrase catches oddly in my ear, but I decide not to probe into his business. Tramas opens his mouth again. “Well, I have a plan myself. You see, we have to pretend to go about normally during the day, as if nothing happened. Reason? For one, they shouldn’t target you two. You two are my hopes in this city. Secondly, they probably won’t kill me in the middle of the city. MIGHT cause an uproar, and the K wants to take no risks. At night, we meet again here, and discuss. We can take out the important members of the K, while simultaneously trying to make the people here realize what strategy the K are employing. We can try to do that today. I have been doing it fruitlessly for sometime now, perhaps that is what tipped the K off. And whatever you do, try not to make yourself conspicuous. We need to remain as incognito as possible. Just do what you normally do.” Saying so, he gets off the table, and offers his hand to each of us in turn, his eyes shining. “I have complete faith in you two. Speaking of which, your name?” “Andrus Sonic,” I repeat drearily, brushing some dust off my pants. My companion repeating his name as well, Tramas nods to each of us before setting of. The door swings as he leaves, leaving me and Rick standing in the now-silent house.

Flag Post

Rick

“Ok, what should we do now then? I start to feel slightly light headed. Oh crap that’s from all the running. “I need to find some food- fast. You know any restaurants around here?” Thank god they didn’t ask for an explanation. With slip ups like that, it’s not going to be long before someone does

Flag Post

Andrus City of The Dying

I consider our options. “Well, I have a bit of money, not much. We could go to, say, the nearby inn?” I suggest, slinging the shield onto my back. “Is your gun your sole weapon?” Without waiting for an answer, i head out, the sun having risen higher in the sky. People are walking about now, though very few in number. Some of them glance at me more ominously than yesterday, while others avoid me pointedly. All the better for me.

Flag Post

Rick

I follow Andrus. "No, I got this as well. I show him my combat knife. “Not much, but it keeps me alive in bad situations. Cool sheild, by the way. Where’d you get it, if you don’t mind me asking?”

Flag Post

Jack. City of the Dying.

“You could come with me.” I say, baffled by their fighting skills. “I know a place where we can rest and get food.” I finish. “It’s a long trip but it’s worth it.”

Flag Post

Andrus

“Well Rick, it is a family heirloom of sorts. Long history attacked to it and all that.” Not exactly eager to share that long dragon-related story with these people. Thank heavens the Old Man wrote that diary after escaping Ather City. A most invaluable treasure. I look at the other man from before, my lip curling slightly. “Well, good idea. And thank you for all your help during that fight.” I say scornfully. “Anyway, since you seem to have decided to be helpful now, unlike before, could we have your name as well?”

Flag Post

Eclipsis Void
‘…aaaaand we’re out!’
With a last pinging of metal, the ropes around my waist fall away, and I stand up, removing the ropes around my tentacles as I do so. I proceed to untie Argus with relative ease.
‘Thank goodness… maybe we can finally bring some well-deserved punishment to my daughter.’
‘Punishment, you say?’
Alice and Jessica have returned. Crap.
‘Alright, you two, enough is enough. Why are you doing this? What reason do you have for saying I’m too old for this?’
‘Last week, a murder occured in this town. The first one in many decades… not since the beginning of your reign, in fact. It’s all been great up to that murder, but… well, sixty six years old is slightly past retirement age, dad.’
‘First of all, that murder was a one-off by a few out-of-control hooligans, who were rapidly captured and placed behind bars! Second, I could probably understand all of this if there had been three murders in a couple of weeks, with no trace left of the murderers, but this is just idiotic! In any case, if you were really that concerned with the way I ruled, you could have just asked me to step down quietly, and I might have done so willingly!’
‘Oh, hey… you gotta admit, he’s got a good argument, Alice.’
‘Better to be safe than sorry, I say.’
‘And what about me?’ I interject. ‘What part do I play in this? Why not just let me go on my way before all of this?’
‘Eclipsis, I already explained that to you when we were tied up.’
‘Did you also explain how we intended to kill you and rape him, Argus?’
Oh, I know what mutations she has now.
You’re a telepath too, aren’t you, Alice?
So you finally worked it out. Well done.
That explains a lot. Look, let’s just pretend this never happened, and we can go on with our lives as normal. How about that, eh?
I’m afraid our plans have advanced beyond the point of no return, Eclipsis. We’ve already told a few people that we’ve taken over – peacefully, might I add? – from my father… once we have control of this town, we can expand our influence outwards at a steady pace, until we eventually rule this entire country, and then the world…
Yeah, that isn’t going to happen. There are far greater forces on this planet than a telepath and a catgirl.
We’ll find a way to achieve our goals.
How? Kill the head of the NUO, then pretend to be him and his new girlfriend for the rest of your life? Good luck with that.
Telepathy is a good method of convincing people that you are who you say you are.
This whole conversation is watched with some confusion by Jessica and Argus, who aren’t actually being communicated to.
‘Under any circumstances, I think it’s time we got rid of you both. Jessy?’
The catgirl steps forward, and suddenly transforms into… er…
‘I might want that pen and paper now, Ar.’