[Game-Related] The "Choose My Next Game!" Thread page 150

3777 posts

Flag Post

myhome16: Not a fan of mafias, but like pixel art…. ngggggh. I’ll cop out and vote for A.

ilovekirby12: I like it.

Helltank: We could use something creative. Cop out: A CoC text based game!

Oh and on another note: did anything come of BCLEGENDS Tarot based game?

Flag Post

Stock Market Simulator, Blackjack or neither?

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

Neither.

A CoC text based game!

No.

Flag Post

Neither, sorry.

Flag Post

Bump.

Whether intended or not, the second post has been repurposed for future game ideas. If/When you have any, post it here and it’ll be added to the list for future reference.

Flag Post

Three funny game ideas from Mafiascum I thought would work really well here. I obviously don’t have enough time in my hands to make these all, so feel free to snatch ideas.

Telephone Pictionary
You might’ve played Telephone some time when you were younger. This forum game combines that with Pictionary. The players are separated into groups (depends on how many players, so if we’re talking about ~10 players, no grouping is needed). The first player comes up with a phrase, tells it to me and I give it to the second player. The second player draws a picture based on the phrase, links it to me and I send it off to the third player. This continues until all players have done their part. Note that the game MUST end with a phrase and not a picture!

Identity
Based on the game show of the same name, Identity is about matching 12 strangers (in this case, 12 fellow Kongregators) one-by-one with phrases about their identities. Here’s an example game.

What Were You Thinking?
I’m not gonna bother explaining this, because it would be just confusing. It’s about picking items from a theme and scoring if other players picked any same items. Here’s an example.

Flag Post

How are wins distributed in Telephone Pictionary?

Flag Post
Originally posted by occooa:

How are wins distributed in Telephone Pictionary?

As far as I know, no wins are distributed there.

Flag Post

Telephone, yes.
Identity, no.
WWYT, yes.

Flag Post

Telephone Pictionary, yes.
Identity, yes.
WWYT, no.

Flag Post

I’ll go for Stock Market.$o$

Flag Post

Telephone Pictionary, no.
Identity, yes.
WWYT, yes.

Flag Post

Telephone = 2/3 votes
Identity = 2/3 votes
WWYT = 2/3 votes

Make them all.

Flag Post

I actually used WWYT as a one-round challenge back in Big Brother: Season 1… it failed horribly, when I had 6 players submit five words for three categories.

Flag Post

Myah, Identity sounds intresting.

Flag Post

So, guys. I thought of remaking something like a trivia-RP game, Oblique, that I made last year (but I chickened out of it).

Do you think I should include the RP-ing aspect of the players unfolding the storyline, or do you think I should just do away with the RP altogether and make it a purely-trivia game with a plot?

Flag Post
Originally posted by S_98:

So, guys. I thought of remaking something like a trivia-RP game, Oblique, that I made last year (but I chickened out of it).

Do you think I should include the RP-ing aspect of the players unfolding the storyline, or do you think I should just do away with the RP altogether and make it a purely-trivia game with a plot?

Personally, I’m not an RPer and wouldn’t really want to participate in any game that has RP-elements in it.

Flag Post

Trivia game with a plot. Gogogo.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

Trivia game with a plot. Gogogo.

Flag Post

A fantasy CYOP (haven’t seen one recently), a card game (which card game is up for discussion, could be 21 or could be go fish, or whatever else you want within reason. Ie, no speed. That would be next to impossible to host on a forum) or neither?

Flag Post

No one wanted Blackjack (21) when I asked. :(

Flag Post

And I somehow skipped over that (I approve of 21 forum game ;) ).

Doesn’t have to be 21 though…

Flag Post

Card game! @dawn_to_dusk

Flag Post

Blackjack. All the time. I don’t even care how impractical that would be, or how weird. Lets do it.

Flag Post

Speaking of Fantasy CYOP’s, I’ll be relaunching an old one soon. If anyone’s been here long enough to remember my previous CYOP’s, you might remember it. :)