[Game-Related] The "Choose My Next Game!" Thread page 107

3762 posts

Flag Post

Would anyone be interested in a game called “A Colder world”, a world in which the Cold War doesn’t end until 2021, when 6,000 thermonuclear ICBMs are launched from around the world, resulting in a total nuclear devastation. You would start in either a post-apocalyptic New York or Moscow, depending on what people want, but the group could branch off and, should you find a way to get there, travel to places on the earth. Ammo and guns are in hearty supply, provided you have the guts to claw one off some poor sod’s cold, dead hands- Food and clean water, not so much. There will be two factions in the game, both playable- The survivors, who are humans who stayed underground in bunkers and came out alive, albeit scarred for life, and then the Mutants, people who just caught the edge of a nuclear explosion- not enough to kill them, but more than enough to shatter their DNA, giving them anything from acidic blood to superhuman strength. The game starts in 2031, 10 years after “The Devastation”, a name given to what happened in 2021 by the survivors. Mutants are pretty rare, but bandits are everywhere, and some governments-in-exile are beginning to arise in New York, Moscow, Paris, Berlin, and plenty other places as well. What you want to do, whether it be purging the world of Mutants, having the makeshift government of New York reform itself into a shining haven for survivors, or brutally establishing yourself as a warlord over your city of choice- The decisions are yours.

Anybody interested? If not, some ideas would be nice.

Flag Post

I’m not so intrested, not because of the game but because of the gameplay, i’m not sure if this a strategy game or a roleplay, but knowing you, Im guessing its a strategy. The game itself is pretty decent though, seems like alot of gears and mechanics will be needed to keep this up.

Key points I want a response to will be bolded.

Im thinking of creating the above CYOP, the name is undecided, but the idea of the game is that you’re in the prehistoric age and your a civilization trying to last generations. The main goal is to reach the space age, you start out with nothing and you need to build different buildings, such as an Inn, houses, barracks, farm, etc. in order to survive. My question is, Should buildings be… determined by the host and the players start out with the blueprints (Example; An Inn costs 500 wood), or should the players make up the buildings and I determine what resources are needed (Example; The player says “Build an Inn” and then I respond with “You don’t have the 500 wood needed”), or should the players find blueprints randomly throughout the game? (Example; "You have found the blueprint for an Inn! It will cost 500 wood to build.). To add onto the buildings, they can and will be upgraded. For example, a farm will give you 5 food everyday, if you upgrade it for 100 wood it will produce 125% more food.

Another question is What size should those brown blobs be? Those brown blobs are indians, your people. You want them to be as small as possible, but big enough to tell what they are. My final question is Does the river to the left look good? I realize there are black markings on it, it’s for design and what not. What do you prefer on looks? Should the whole thing be like the upper right of the river, lower right of the river, or the bottom left of the river? Also, What should be added in the river? I tried adding white waves, dark blue waves, I can’t decide, I might leave it plain.

Flag Post

It’s a roleplay.
Not interested because idea has been done a lot.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Firespread:

It’s a roleplay.
Not interested because idea has been done a lot.

In that case, since its a Roleplay, yeah, I’d be intrested in it. I was judging it as a Strategy. I would sign for it if it was made, though post-apocalyptic has been done alot, it’s still pretty fun to play and probably my favorite.

Flag Post

@Firespread, I’m interested in the idea, due to the fact that I love post-apocalyptic scenarios, and also because the idea of two opposing playable factions, the Mutants and Survivors, would be an interesting mechanic for the game.

But, since the mutants are capable of superhuman powers, how would the two factions be balanced out, so that the mutants don’t dominate humans? Would the balance in power just come from a difference in sheer numbers, or is their a catch to one of the factions?

@Stone677, To answer your questions:
1.) I believe that you should have a general outline of the materials required to create basic starting buildings, so that the players have something to work with. However players should also be capable of requesting to research the construction of more complex, or unique buildings, which you will decide whether we can or cannot create. This way, the progression is not limited to what you imagine, but rather can be expanded on by the players.

2.) Personally, I can tell that the smallest of the Indians shown is an Indian.

3.) I think white waves might look good in the river, but I wouldn’t be able to tell without a sample from you.

Flag Post

Survivors have lots of guns, and most mutants will be severely damaged. Only a few actually gained something as well.

Flag Post

Here are some river samples, I tried white waves at first but then, I realized it looked horrible and as if some pixel man ejaculated into the river. Then I switch to dark waves (3rd sample) and was hesitant on it, I tried out a glimmering look (Picture 1) and thats what I currently have it set as.

Also, there will be a material/inventory in a seperate picture, showing how much iron/wood/gold etc. you have and the inventory showing what misc. items you have, like shells and what not. And how exactly would the players suggest? Just in the thread, saying things like “Build an Inn”? Or what?

Flag Post

ok
seeing as everyone wants to play new vs old

can some people nominate themselves to be made into roles

Flag Post

Do you guys like this game? If not what don’t you like, is it too simple?

Flag Post
Originally posted by kingzak13:

ok

Me. AN. You. Knoob. BCL. B_S. AN. Firespread. Serpentes. reaper. AN. ghostreconz. Twisted Cakez. Facerace. Nimbus. Therealsirmark. Racebandit. and finally AN.

Flag Post

I like your game firespread.
Looks nice. The dual sides has been done before, but works well if you can pull it off.

Flag Post

ok

Put me in as five different roles. In fact, make every role a version of me.

Flag Post

ok

Put me in ploxz

Flag Post

Would anyone be interested in a game called “A Colder world”, a world in which the Cold War doesn’t end until 2021, when 6,000 thermonuclear ICBMs are launched from around the world, resulting in a total nuclear devastation. You would start in either a post-apocalyptic New York or Moscow, depending on what people want, but the group could branch off and, should you find a way to get there, travel to places on the earth. Ammo and guns are in hearty supply, provided you have the guts to claw one off some poor sod’s cold, dead hands- Food and clean water, not so much. There will be two factions in the game, both playable- The survivors, who are humans who stayed underground in bunkers and came out alive, albeit scarred for life, and then the Mutants, people who just caught the edge of a nuclear explosion- not enough to kill them, but more than enough to shatter their DNA, giving them anything from acidic blood to superhuman strength. The game starts in 2031, 10 years after “The Devastation”, a name given to what happened in 2021 by the survivors. Mutants are pretty rare, but bandits are everywhere, and some governments-in-exile are beginning to arise in New York, Moscow, Paris, Berlin, and plenty other places as well. What you want to do, whether it be purging the world of Mutants, having the makeshift government of New York reform itself into a shining haven for survivors, or brutally establishing yourself as a warlord over your city of choice- The decisions are yours.

Anybody interested? If not, some ideas would be nice.

Aw man, here I was sitting on the idea of creating a Fallout RP set in New York, and you go beating me to it, though not exactly.

Anyway, to answer your question, I would be very interested in playing this, though you would probably need to set a sign up ratio for Survivors/Mutants. Maybe a 4-3:1 ratio or something, just to keep it fair.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheIdiocyWizard:

blah blah blah

Aw man, here I was sitting on the idea of creating a Fallout RP set in New York, and you go beating me to it, though not exactly.

Anyway, to answer your question, I would be very interested in playing this, though you would probably need to set a sign up ratio for Survivors/Mutants. Maybe a 4-3:1 ratio or something, just to keep it fair.

Your idea is noted, and I don’t think it’s half bad.

Flag Post

blah blah blah

What’s not that bad, the Fallout RP, or the sign up ratio?

Flag Post

blah blah blah

yadda yadda yadda

What’s not that bad, the Fallout RP, or the sign up ratio?

The sign up ratio. Don’t want too many mutants.

Flag Post

Oh yeah, and you might want to make a rule of one mutant per power. (i.e. we don’t want a whole squad of mutants who run super-human fast.) Plus, it’ll allow for diversity.

Flag Post

I have several ideas for games:
No.1: RPG. A kind of text based, chose your own adventure game. No sign-up sheet, just a “sign”. Players are stuck in a place with practically no people and many monsters, I guess you could call them. Big ‘orrible monsters. Players have to explore this place, fighting these things, and discover why the place is invested with these things and why they, the players, are there. The monsters will range from weird humanoids to savage amphibious beings, reptiles and other weird stuff that’ll probably be made up as we go along. Players start with health and obtain supplies. (Food and water is NOT a factor) Basically, a rp set in a place that has gone to rack and ruin with “things” running around. Obviously, it will be more detailed than this, possibly with maps and pictures of enemies. Any thoughts, do share.
No: 2. RPG. Sign-up sheet. The game starts when the players wake up in an seaside town, surrounded by a massive fence. All the players know is that pretty soon, this ghost town is about to be hit by not one, but ten disasters, one after the other. Players have to find weapons and prepare them selves for things such as invasions, floods and earthquakes. (maybe even a zombie attack) The people have to find a way to escape, by air, by sea or by land. Sound easy to escape by land? Big, electric fence with only one gate which will only open if they survive 9 disasters, and they must escape during the tenth. No boats in the docks, no helicopter in the heliport, but maybe a boat might wash ashore or a helicopter land… Any thoughts, do share.

Flag Post

ok

I’d like to made into a role.

Flag Post
Originally posted by wiiwonder:

I have several ideas for games:
No.1: RPG. A kind of text based, chose your own adventure game. No sign-up sheet, just a “sign”. Players are stuck in a place with practically no people and many monsters, I guess you could call them. Big ‘orrible monsters. Players have to explore this place, fighting these things, and discover why the place is invested with these things and why they, the players, are there. The monsters will range from weird humanoids to savage amphibious beings, reptiles and other weird stuff that’ll probably be made up as we go along. Players start with health and obtain supplies. (Food and water is NOT a factor) Basically, a rp set in a place that has gone to rack and ruin with “things” running around. Obviously, it will be more detailed than this, possibly with maps and pictures of enemies. Any thoughts, do share.
No: 2. RPG. Sign-up sheet. The game starts when the players wake up in an seaside town, surrounded by a massive fence. All the players know is that pretty soon, this ghost town is about to be hit by not one, but ten disasters, one after the other. Players have to find weapons and prepare them selves for things such as invasions, floods and earthquakes. (maybe even a zombie attack) The people have to find a way to escape, by air, by sea or by land. Sound easy to escape by land? Big, electric fence with only one gate which will only open if they survive 9 disasters, and they must escape during the tenth. No boats in the docks, no helicopter in the heliport, but maybe a boat might wash ashore or a helicopter land… Any thoughts, do share.

I like.

Flag Post

to all the people that want to be made into roles
i need to kow your join date
(P.S 2010 is considered a difficult time because it is the start of FGF but it was only two years ago)

Flag Post

(P.S 2010 is considered a difficult time because it is the start of FGF but it was only two years ago)

My join date is February 28, 2010, but I joined FGF way later.

Flag Post

May 12.
MAKE ME ROLE PLEASE.
I would say make me new, because I joined FGF around early 2011. I didn’t know about it till then.

Flag Post

Thanks for the compliment, myhome16. Which one do you like more?