[Game-Related] The "Choose My Next Game!" Thread page 118

3800 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blood_Shadow:

Throwing an idea out here:

At a first glance, this is just another typical alternate history setting where humanity discovered magic. Humans learned to use magical spells to manipulate the elements and the world around them. All was well, save for one little problem: spellcasters are always fragile, mortal humans no matter how powerful their magic became. But everything changed with the invention of one simple, yet infinitely complex spell.

Polymorph.

With this spell, humans were able to cast aside their weak bodies, and transform into fantastical creatures. Stone golems, angels, dragons, even demonic beasts from the darkest crevices of human imagination, this one spell allowed humans to become more than they ever could otherwise. Suddenly, all myths became true; humans became the things they spoke of in legends.

But the polymorph spell was not without its downsides. One person cannot simply transform into any creature he or she wishes. The average human mage can only turn into one kind of creature, determined by his or her lineage. As such, people who can transform into the same types of creatures naturally formed groups and alliances, such as covens of vampires and packs of werewolves. Worse, some people became so used to their alternate forms, and so sick of their original human bodies, that they stopped returning to human form altogether, essentially becoming the creatures they chose to emulate; traces of humanity were all but lost to them and their kin after generations. Worse still, there are many who outright despise the polymorph spell, calling it a vile corruption of human nature and persecuting all who twist their physical forms.

And fast forward a thousand years. That, is when you players come in.

So I’ve had this idea for a long while now. Originally it was just some generic setting where monsters lived among humans, ripping off I dunno how many manga and novels and stuff. Not very original, and it had a bunch of problems, which is why I never went anywhere with the idea. But now, I’ve just thought of something that solves two of the biggest problems the idea had: why almost all monsters have human forms, and why almost all myths are true regarding the existence of monsters. So I think this idea is now at least somewhat semi-original, and has some potential.

There are basically three classes that players can choose: the “caster” class can cast spells with great power and efficiency, but cannot polymorph; the “shifter” class can both cast spells and polymorph into creatures; the “monster” class are permanently stuck in nonhuman forms, so they cannot cast spells, but they’ve honed their creature abilities to perfection since birth. Of course, there can be non-magical characters, but come on; why would you play a muggle in a game about magic? Although I suppose there can be people who hate magic, and hence fight only with technology and equipment…

What do you guys think? Oh, and yes, this is going to take place in my Nexus setting. Hopefully all my future games will take place in that setting.

This. Yes. Do. Good. Make. NAHW.

Flag Post

myhome…

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/36-forum-games/topics/303214-signups-rp-incarnatum-m-thologiae-always-open

Flag Post

I had the greatest idea for a RP today. The RP is going to be our time, around 2015:ish where the sun has became black and it no longer resonates warmth and other life important things. The sun became black and earth is supported by huge generators to generate heat and light for the population, but things are getting really bad as the old suns power is soon diminished and the generators wont have any supply to do electricity. So humanity is building ships to leave earth, and only the fewest can leave!

Each signer will have a “role” which he has in the part of building the ships, for example a engineer. So each ship will have to gather each type of the personnel so the ship can fly, and different models of the ship wont work! While doing all this you role play as usual and keep in mind that there will be a time limit for when the ships must be ready.

Originally posted by Kidudeman:

@CYrus: I’m willing to approve, but only if you tell a bit more about what the game-play will be like.
What you described sounded like a nice setting, but at the end suddenly became “You are an engineer building stuff, just build stuff”, which wouldn’t be very entertaining.

This is not quite what i mean by “engineer”. I am thinking there will be 3 roles per ship. Pilot, engineer and a weaponsman. The roles dont make you like “build” like you said with a engineer. The roles are hidden from everyone except the players themselves. For example you got a engineer role, only you know that and you need to gather the other 2 to complete a ship set. To fly the ship needs all 3 people, there will be ordinary people who just need to get on a ship safely, but they have lower chances as they have no role. Everyone has to use intimidation skills to get on a ship. I am still not quite sure how this all will work out as i only thought of this idea today.

Any thoughts?

Flag Post

I had the greatest idea for a RP today. The RP is going to be our time, around 2015:ish where the sun has became black and it no longer resonates warmth and other life important things. The sun became black and earth is supported by huge generators to generate heat and light for the population, but things are getting really bad as the old suns power is soon diminished and the generators wont have any supply to do electricity. So humanity is building ships to leave earth, and only the fewest can leave!

Er… I think building nuclear fusion power plants that run on hydrogen from seawater is much easier than building spaceships to leave the planet. If we run on fusion, there’s enough energy in the ocean to outlast the Sun and more.

Flag Post

@ CYrus:

If the roles are hidden, either:
A- this is a mafia, or…
B- the whole game will be run with PMs so nobody has to reveal what he does, which makes the thread pretty unused.

Personally, I think making it a mafia pretty much ruins the whole point of the game, and it should be some sort of RP economics game. It might be simpler to make it two or three competing ship builder crews, and making them have to compete to get the most high paying passengers by making it a top percentage of spaceship, in terms of safety, room and special features.

If you want there to be non-workers, they could be the ones selecting their most favorable ship to go with to escape the slowly freezing earth, but then it would be difficult to find something for them to due during the game. They could be the ones funding, or such things.

I think building nuclear fusion power plants that run on hydrogen from seawater is much easier than building spaceships to leave the planet. If we run on fusion, there’s enough energy in the ocean to outlast the Sun and more.

Shut up, science.

Flag Post

Thanks for the thoughts. But how do you think the ships will compete? And who will chose one of the ships if there wouldnt be any passenger players?

Flag Post

Think the ships are different companies. Y’know, Pear, Macrohard, Droid and the sort, all making their own product for people to use – A ship, or a fleet of similar ships, for people to leave Earth. Or, if you want it on a larger scale, each large nation or empire is making their own ship – once you are on a ship, the captain pretty much decides what you eat, where you go, how you spend your spare time and where you eventually end off.

Competitor companies will attempt to make large, roomy, extra safe extra fast ships with free wi-fi, crystallized pineapples and wine tasting classes. Obviously the passengers will go to the one with more wine, or the one with better sleeping rooms, or the one with more alcohol, etc.

If there aren’t passenger players, then you would have to rate at the end, but instead you could make a few people be the major source of income – people funding the projects in exchange for profit/percentage of the gross/decisions regarding the eventual ship. They could be purchasing the ships themselves along with part of the crew, all for the sake of having the most power over the space society. If you choose this, then the ships will be rated by the number sold to rich people, or the profit earned from the end product.

Flag Post

Beware. My next mafia will be a bastard mafia.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

PRESIGNPRESIGNPRESIGN

Flag Post

It’s gonna be a non-presign game, with 10 signs. Sorry.

Flag Post

It’s gonna be a non-presign game, with 10 signs. Sorry.

NOOOOOOOOOOO

If you do it when I’m asleep I’ll kill you.

Flag Post

Aren’t all of them?

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

Aren’t all of them?

W-what? What are you talking about?

Flag Post

I was just about to post here saying that my next game would be a bastard mafia role madness……….I was beaten to it. Oh well.

I’ll probably still do it though, in December or late November.

Flag Post

A new game will be posted soon…

Flag Post
Originally posted by RandomTurtle:

Can anyone give feedback on my ideas from the previous page?

I was thinking of opening a game. I have a few ideas.

1) TRoTD 1- The Realm of the Dead 1, A game set in a olden time theme. This will be a restart of my first significan’t game The Realm of the Dead. It’s still in the forums somewhere. Basically it is about independant people who are in a vally like area the the dark lord is working on taking over with his dark assistant.

2) TRoTD 4- The Realm of the Dead 4, As above I did three of the Realm of the Dead series and this would carry on from the point where the boss was defeted and the heros and villians have to face an uncertain fate for they are on a the remains of the world.

3) RandomTurtle games: Extremely Epic Battle Saga CYOP – Extremely Epic Battle Saga CYOP with art, This is a chose your own path with badly made pictures for comedic value where a character goes through a chose your own path game where they must adventure and fight things. These things are in a large range of creatures from humans to mythical creatures.

4) RandomTurtle games: Faction wars – This is an RP where the players get to vote to create the world, the native species, the era and the factions in the world. The choices will include terrian, dominating species of the planet, other species, era, current events on the planet and so on.

or

These ideas are bad and you should feel bad.

I kind of went off this because there was little interest so I feel like reposting it to see if anyone wants any of these games to exsist.

Flag Post

Those ideas are mediocre and you should feel mediocre.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:

Those ideas are mediocre and you should feel mediocre.

But what one is the better one of them.

Flag Post

faction wars.

Flag Post

@RandomTurtle:

Alchemist’s Hut

I’d have to go with 4, since the first two sound kinda crappy (no offense) and the third is a CYOP and I hate CYOPs.

Although I recommend there be a few teams against each other for the best world/eventual sentient species, rather than a bunch of people voting over some random sandbox planet. If there are multiple teams, it will become a strategy game where people choose what is best for their species/planet and think what the results of each action might be, instead of a single team where people say stupid things to feel clever.

I’d go on ranting but I realize suggesting too many ideas might come out as a bit condescending.

Flag Post

I will think about Faction Wars and make ideas.

Flag Post

Two ideas:

1)The Bastardest Mafia in the Entire World. It works like a normal mafia, except nobody is told their role. And all roles are non-normal. And all Millers are Death Millers. Also, Cultafia.

2)An RP about the struggle for power between Demons(brute strength), Angels(technology), Humans(numbers, cunning, 2nd best tech), and Denizens of the Deep(magic)

Flag Post
Originally posted by helltank:

Two ideas:

1)The Bastardest Mafia in the Entire World. It works like a normal mafia, except nobody is told their role. And all roles are non-normal. And all Millers are Death Millers. Also, Cultafia.

2)An RP about the struggle for power between Demons(brute strength), Angels(technology), Humans(numbers, cunning, 2nd best tech), and Denizens of the Deep(magic)

I like the second idea. The first, not so much ;P

Flag Post

:DDDDD

Flag Post

I am going to launch my game now the link will be as followed:

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/36-forum-games/topics/307274-creation-and-sign-ups-faction-wars-curious-more-inside