[Game-Related] The "Choose My Next Game!" Thread page 121

3800 posts

Flag Post

of course the map would be larger

Flag Post

Would anyone be perhaps interested in a Crossing Lies II?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:

Would anyone be perhaps interested in a Crossing Lies II?

Hell yeah

Flag Post

“I am up for CL II” in this thread:

Flag Post
Originally posted by NimbusCloud26:

I had a couple of game ideas recently, and I want to see which one is better.
1. Creationism Create an entire game universe from scratch. Create a solar system, complete with various life forms.(which you play as after they are designed)
2. House of Mirrors A mafia where there are the normal roles, except for “Reflections,” people who can change roles every second night.

Flag Post

1. Creationism Create an entire game universe from scratch. Create a solar system, complete with various life forms.(which you play as after they are designed)
2. House of Mirrors A mafia where there are the normal roles, except for “Reflections,” people who can change roles every second night.

dont quote posts without anything else to say please

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mspeedy250:

dont quote posts without anything else to say please

Okay, well, I was asking for more opinions. Something like that should be obvious if I’m posting it a second time,

Flag Post

Ftooom!

NOT COMPLETE CONCEPT, HAD TO RUSH

8 or more players sign up.

I generate a random map of letters ( o meaning empty spaces (lowercase o meaning lower ground and uppercase O meaning high ground), x meaning a wall or obstacle that cannot be passed, y being a tree that you can climb, and z being a hill between an o and O. S meaning supply box with supplies, W for water, and E for exploded area where a bim has been activated recently. )

example

o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o 
z z z z O O O O O y O O O O x x x O O O
O O O O O O O O O O y O O x O x O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O

Players (random letters or symbols that are available) are placed throughout the map.

Each player starts with a supply of 8 BIMS, a special type of bomb.

Use BIMS to kill other players. If you kill a player, you get a crystal embedded in their left hand as a reward. IF you earn 7 crystals, you may leave the island where the game takes place.

There are 8 types of BIMS, each being a different one. For example, some explode on impact while others take some time to explode.

When the game starts, I will PM each player their position on the map. Each player always start facing right. (You can change the direction you move and face each turn. example: you can face north while moving south)

e.g. (@ indicating the player who is facing right) Note that if i really make this game, then the field of view will be bigger

o o o o o
@ o o o o
o o o o y

Players will be given stats such as hunger, health, and stamina. (example: low stamina means you can only move 1 space per turn while high stamina means you can move three)

Injured players may also be given status effects such as broken bones, bleeding, infection, frostbite, etc

Players may only activate one BIM per turn (unless told otherwise)

EXAMPLE: Player (@) has a BIM that can be thrown 3 spaces and explodes on impact

o o o o o
@ o o o o
o o o o y

player: i throw a bim in the right direction

o o o e o
@ o e e e
o o o e y

(e indicates an exploded area)

Players may find each other. they may work together, or maybe betray each other for crystals!

Maybe some players will lay traps near supply boxes to kill people racing to them!

Maybe players will just stay on the island, not killing everybody!

The game includes a sonar ping, which I will explain if people like this idea

Flag Post

note for above post: trees can be used to hide.

you start with 8 bims of 1 type

Flag Post
Ftooom!

Btooom!

Fix’d

Creationism… Sounds pretty badass to me.

The house of mirrors mafia idea sounds a bit strange, like, do they completely change role? Is alignment something to do with it, or just changing powers? I don’t get exactly what it means by people who can change roles to be honest.

Well for now I don’t really get house of mirrors but creationism sounds very original, I would play it but I am having a difficult time trying to imagine how you will pull it off well, but hey, you seem like you know what you are doing from previous games of yours I’ve seen.

Flag Post

id like to call the forum game version ftooom
but okay

Flag Post

OK, I’m going to post this here so someone can pester me about it when I forget about it:

I’m probably going to start Half the Average 2 in the next week (which is obviously a sequel to Half the Average).

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

I would probably play speedy’s game if he works on the formatting.

Flag Post

The house of mirrors mafia idea sounds a bit strange, like, do they completely change role? Is alignment something to do with it, or just changing powers? I don’t get exactly what it means by people who can change roles to be honest.

The reflections are neutral alignment, meaning they can change into any role, but when they are lynched, they are revealed as reflections. Reflections that change into a detective, for instance, can use the detective’s powers for one night. If they change into a mafioso, they can use their powers for one night. Detectives who try to detect a reflection get this message. “This player has many things strewn haphazardly around their home. They could be anything, it’s very hard to tell.” Basically a reflection changes role completely for one day after using their power.

Also, thank you for the compliment. None of my games really run long, because I’m not very good at encouraging player activity, and I’m also not good at updating regularly because my schedule changes a lot, but thanks.

Flag Post
Originally posted by speedy250:

Ftooom!

NOT COMPLETE CONCEPT, HAD TO RUSH

8 or more players sign up.

I generate a random map of letters ( o meaning empty spaces (lowercase o meaning lower ground and uppercase O meaning high ground), x meaning a wall or obstacle that cannot be passed, y being a tree that you can climb, and z being a hill between an o and O. S meaning supply box with supplies, W for water, and E for exploded area where a bim has been activated recently. )

example

z z z z O O O O O y O O O O x x x O O O
O O O O O O O O O O y O O x O x O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O

Players (random letters or symbols that are available) are placed throughout the map.

Each player starts with a supply of 8 BIMS, a special type of bomb.

Use BIMS to kill other players. If you kill a player, you get a crystal embedded in their left hand as a reward. IF you earn 7 crystals, you may leave the island where the game takes place.

There are 8 types of BIMS, each being a different one. For example, some explode on impact while others take some time to explode.

When the game starts, I will PM each player their position on the map. Each player always start facing right. (You can change the direction you move and face each turn. example: you can face north while moving south)

e.g. (@ indicating the player who is facing right) Note that if i really make this game, then the field of view will be bigger

o o o o o
@ o o o o
o o o o y

Players will be given stats such as hunger, health, and stamina. (example: low stamina means you can only move 1 space per turn while high stamina means you can move three)

Injured players may also be given status effects such as broken bones, bleeding, infection, frostbite, etc

Players may only activate one BIM per turn (unless told otherwise)

EXAMPLE: Player (@) has a BIM that can be thrown 3 spaces and explodes on impact

o o o o o
@ o o o o
o o o o y

player: i throw a bim in the right direction

o o o e o
@ o e e e
o o o e y

(e indicates an exploded area)

Players may find each other. they may work together, or maybe betray each other for crystals!

Maybe some players will lay traps near supply boxes to kill people racing to them!

Maybe players will just stay on the island, not killing everybody!

The game includes a sonar ping, which I will explain if people like this idea

are you gonna make it? it seems interesting and i’d join :)

Flag Post

I’d definitely join Speedy’s game if he makes it, and perhaps make it in MS Paint, like with tiles representing those symbols. The letters are a bit hard to read.

Flag Post
Originally posted by tracymirkin123:

I’d definitely join Speedy’s game if he makes it, and perhaps make it in MS Paint, like with tiles representing those symbols. The letters are a bit hard to read.

:D if participants don’t mind clicking a link ( i don’t think that users can see images in a PM ). This will really help when it comes to formatting (helltank) and I will make this game eventually (gammaflux). thanks :)

Flag Post

I don’t mind so clicking on a link :P

Flag Post

So, I have got an idea for a trivia game, based on the concept of The Exit List.

The main concept is that 2 people enter the Memory Maze, which contains 26 rooms. The first row contains just one room; the second and third have three rooms each; the fourth has five; and the fifth and sixth rows — the latter referred to as the “back row” in the game — have seven each, for a total of 26 rooms. There are 5 panic rooms, 20 normal rooms, and 1 jackpot room in the back row. The rewards they offer are £1,000, £2,000, £3,000, £4,000, £5,000, £10,000, and the jackpot, £100,000.

The normal rooms contain a question with 4 possible answers. If you answer right, you may keep the money offered. However, if you answer wrong, you don’t get the reward. Sounds simple so far, right?
Panic Rooms, however, offer no reward. Instead, they give you a series of related information and pictures, which you need to memorize and recall correctly. If you fail to recall any pieces of information, its first letter or number is taken and put in a Panic Code.

If you answer a question correctly or solve a Panic Room, you may go forward, left or right. If you fail to answer a question right or if you fail to recall any pieces of information in a Panic Room, you may not go forward, but can go left or right.
You may also get blocked, which means you can’t move anywhere. In this case, you must forfeit your money to move on.

Now comes the twist. There is a list that is made up from answers during the game and Panic Codes. That’s the Exit List. If you answer a question right, the right answer gets added; however, if you answer wrong, all 4 possible answers get added. If you solve a Panic Room, nothing gets added. If you have visited 9 rooms, you may choose to try and exit the Maze. In that case, each contestant removes one of the two glass cylinders at random from the vault in the room where they stopped. The contestant who picks the shorter rod needs to recall the Exit List and exit the Arena on the path where they went in the Maze.

There’s another twist in the game, but I’ll just leave it up for guessing until this idea gets accepted. :)

Flag Post

(Sounds cool, hamuka)

Example of an image with a 360 point of view including a player that is facing down.

If you want me to make it bigger, just tell me.

Before I actually make the game, I’ll tell some other ideas I had in mind.

The Forgotten King

Two forces are in a fury to find their opponent’s king.

A big sandbox is made for each side.

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

When signing, both teams select a class, then discuss plans for 24 hours, then the leader of both teams PM me where they want their king to be.

CLASSES
King (Only 1, the first one to snatch this class can be it.)
Knights (Only 5, depending on how much people join)
Peasants (The rest of the signers who didn’t get a class)
And more!

EXAMPLE: ( THIS IS NOT THE FORMAT. I AM MAKING IMAGES )

o = king
k = knight
p = peasant

x x x x x x x x x x x k x x x x x x x x x x x x
x x x x x x x x x x p p p p p x x x x x x x x x
x x x x x x x x x x x x k x x x x x x x x x x x
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x k O x x x x x x x

Each period (24 hours), both teams each fire their attacking classes (for the three listed above, the knights are the only attacking classes. ).

Period 1

Team 1

Team 2

x x x x x x x x x x p p p p x x x x x x x x x x
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x k O p x x x x x x

Knight 1 (TEAM 1): I fire here!

F = Fire

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x F x x x x x x x x

Knight 1 misses. Both teams keep attacking spaces until the king is captured.
Attacking certain classes have different effects. The class with the higher HP always wins the battle with some exceptions.

For example, killing a peasant (who will actually have a very important purpose when I make the game) will just kill them and remove them from the current game.

Knight VS Peasant
Knight beats Peasant! Peasant dies.

If a knight attacks a knight, they both die. (The attacked knight’s attack will count though)
This is unless one knight has more health points than another.

Knight VS Knight
Knight and Knight are tied! They both die.

Knight 1 VS Knight 2
Knight 1 (50 hp) beats Knight 2 (49 hp). Knight 2 dies, and Knight 1’s health is reduced to 1 hp!

Killing the king will allow the killing team to win.

Knight 1 VS King 2
Knight 1 (50 hp) beats King 2 (10 hp) and wins the game for his/her team!

A king with higher health will win.

Knight 4 vs King 1
Knight 4 (5 hp) loses to King 1 (10 hp) and reduces the King’s health to 5 HP!
This is helpful because the other team members will know where the king is and start attacking.

F-G-F! (Yu-Gi-Oh rip off) TCG

Description coming soon

Flag Post

I’d really like a TCG game, but instead of “every player gets a custom deck”, we have a few starter decks(one aggressive, one defensive, one denial, one delay and so on) and with the money you earn from fighting AIs(controlled by the host of the game) and other players, you can buy cards from the shop. For a certain amount of money you can create cards in the shop, though such cards are subject to nerfs and buffs as applicable.

Flag Post

In the tcg, it is based off of yugioh so you will start with a starter pack. win duels to earn credits to buy random packs, which will give you five random cards.

any comments on the ftooom image?

Flag Post

I also like the TCG idea.

Flag Post

If that ftooom! image is going to be how it is, and the thread has a VERY active host, I would give it a go.