[Game-Related] The "Choose My Next Game!" Thread page 124

3762 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by MasterCheif987:

Well it’s good to know that there is some interest.
Bump for possibly more opinions and or questions?

make a maffia
lol

Flag Post

minecraft

Originally posted by bugso:
Originally posted by MasterCheif987:

Well it’s good to know that there is some interest.
Bump for possibly more opinions and or questions?

make a maffia
lol

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blood_Shadow:

People are lazy. This is an unfortunate fact that I simply cannot get around. In any RP I make, the players can only react to what I throw at them; they can’t seem to act on their own. Thus, I’m forced to create the entire plot for them, every single little step along the way. I really don’t want to because it’s tiring.

Now, what if I just make more or less an open sandbox? I’ll give some general description of a setting, like a planet or something. The players are then allowed to make entire factions in the game rather than simply individual characters; in fact there will even be a signup sheet for player-made organizations. And the players will interact with one another using their organizations, hereby creating the plot. It’ll almost be a “nations of the world” type of strategy game, except with more focus on the story than merely “winning”. That’s what I want in the end, a story. I myself will not be creating any organizations in this sandbox of a game unless absolutely necessary, because I don’t want the players to fall into the mentality that only I can create the plot.

So will something like this work? Or will it stagnate and die out even more quickly than usual RPs due to player laziness?

Hmm… if you do make this I might sign, just have a question first.
How high tech level would be allowed?

Flag Post

How high tech level would be allowed?

There are several “sources” of superhuman powers in the setting, one of which is very advanced technology. Other sources are psionic powers and various kinds of magic and such. You can mix and match power sources, but it’s generally difficult to have many sources at once. And the sources are mostly just flavor anyways, since this focuses on more story than actual strategy and winning. To answer your question, the maximum allowed tech level would be “futuristic”.

Flag Post

Dragon Ball Z. In this game you shall use your surroundings and fight to the best of your ability. You can use ANY type of fighting moves. Look some up, combine and be creative, I will judge the battle and if the battle becomes undecidable, the mystical 1D100 digital dice shall help me.

Physical Traits
First of all, we need to figure out your character traits.
Is it an Alien? Does it have a tail? Claws? How many arms? Physical Traits like these improve your characters fighting ability, but worsens your special attack.

Special Traits
These are the energy based moves that require energy, chakra, mana, magic, flower points, who cares, etc. You can have special moves, there are three categories. Rush, Energy and Support. You may only have 5 of these, it is recommended that you have at least two support moves.

Rush When your character uses his spare energy to improve his physical abilities and speeds towards the enemy in attempt to do a combo move that is nearly unpreventable.

Energy This can be a blast of pure energy from your any part of your body, hands, mouth, feet. EVEN your unmentionables. It can have special traits, for instance you can make them follow your opponent or explode when nearby, or a giant tornado that is made out of red rings-Etc.

Support These moves are usually made to stun or heal, teleport, evade, increase physical traits or gain energy. ETC

How to sign

• Name: Jhonny
  • Physical traits* Human (physical traits are only used if your character is not human, or has irregular body features, like claws, a sword, a hammer.
  • Special Traits:(These are the special moves, you must put the name of the move:type: and what it does.)

Giga Impact:Rush: Jhonny attacks his foe with one fierce knee attack.

Oxidation Cannon:Special: Releases a powerful flaming Gas attack from the ass. Its has lots of spread, but it doesn’t go far. (Questions?)

Ultimate Paroxysm: Special: An ultimate explosion, a good 15 meters.

Solar Flare:Support:When used up close blinds the enemy

Energy Detection:Support: Detects the opponent behind walls and underwater.

Flag Post

Look on online dictionary to find cool words that fit your moves. I will decide how powerful your attack is and even your traits out.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ZombiestookmyTV:

Dragon Ball Z. In this game you shall use your surroundings and fight to the best of your ability. You can use ANY type of fighting moves. Look some up, combine and be creative, I will judge the battle and if the battle becomes undecidable, the mystical 1D100 digital dice shall help me.

Physical Traits
Is it an Alien? Does it have a tail? Claws? How many arms? Physical Traits like these improve your characters fighting ability, but worsens your special attack.

Special Traits
These are the energy based moves that require energy, chakra, mana, magic, flower points, who cares, etc. You can have special moves, there are three categories. Rush, Energy and Support. You may only have 5 of these, it is recommended that you have at least two support moves.

Rush When your character uses his spare energy to improve his physical abilities and speeds towards the enemy in attempt to do a combo move that is nearly unpreventable.

Energy This can be a blast of pure energy from your any part of your body, hands, mouth, feet. EVEN your unmentionables. It can have special traits, for instance you can make them follow your opponent or explode when nearby, or a giant tornado that is made out of red rings-Etc.

Support These moves are usually made to stun or heal, teleport, evade, increase physical traits or gain energy. ETC

How to sign

• Physical traits* Human (physical traits are only used if your character is not human, or has irregular body features, like claws, a sword, a hammer.
  • Special Traits:(These are the special moves, you must put the name of the move:type: and what it does.)

Oxidation Cannon:Special: Releases a powerful flaming Gas attack from the ass. Its has lots of spread, but it doesn’t go far. (Questions?)

seems interesting, how do we know who has more hp though?

Flag Post

People are lazy. This is an unfortunate fact that I simply cannot get around. In any RP I make, the players can only react to what I throw at them; they can’t seem to act on their own. Thus, I’m forced to create the entire plot for them, every single little step along the way. I really don’t want to because it’s tiring.

Now, what if I just make more or less an open sandbox? I’ll give some general description of a setting, like a planet or something. The players are then allowed to make entire factions in the game rather than simply individual characters; in fact there will even be a signup sheet for player-made organizations. And the players will interact with one another using their organizations, hereby creating the plot. It’ll almost be a “nations of the world” type of strategy game, except with more focus on the story than merely “winning”. That’s what I want in the end, a story. I myself will not be creating any organizations in this sandbox of a game unless absolutely necessary, because I don’t want the players to fall into the mentality that only I can create the plot.

So will something like this work? Or will it stagnate and die out even more quickly than usual RPs due to player laziness?

No other comments on this?

Flag Post

I think it’s a good idea, B_S.

I cannot, however, vouch for whether or not it will be effective. I know, however, that I personally would be unable to partake in this hypothetical game of yours for very long at all. I, as much if not more than anybody else on the forum, am guilty of being a very lazy player. (Writer’s Block and such, ya’ know?)

In addition to that, I find it easier and more comfortable to write from a third person perspective, something which traditional RP does not give me an opportunity to do (and writing in third person anyways is just a bit weird).

So yeah there’s that.

Also I’m inactive. That’s a thing too.

Cheers!

Flag Post

No other comments on this?

I feel that it would be a good idea, and at the very least, an interesting experiment. Regardless, I would probably partake in it. Having a sandbox environment would make me more willing to do whatever I want, as the worry of violating things like canon is out of the way. As for whether or not it’ll work, I’d have to say that that’s something impossible, or more practically speaking, extremely difficult, to predict due solely to inconstant natures. However, something makes me feel that an open sandbox would survive more easily than a RP (providing it’s done well, ofc), but I can’t exactly explain what.

Flag Post

To clarify, players can create entire organizations as well as individual characters; there will be a signup sheet for single characters and a different sheet for organizations. So yes, lazy players can get away with playing it like an ordinary RP, while more ambitious and capable players can control organizations and help create the plot. Those players can control any number of characters within their organizations simultaneously, so hopefully this will put less emphasis on them munchkinning on a single character. I think the game can only start if there are at least three player-made organizations.

Flag Post

@B_S, I think that’s a cool idea. Kind of reminds me of this, which I’m still hoping gets made.

Flag Post

The most important part is that the player-made organizations are there to create the plot. This is not a “strategy” game where the goal is to “win”. I don’t want people to get too competitive or anything.

Flag Post

So like the original Ather city?
That’s still a cool idea, but it’s not really my speed. Not telling you to change it on my behalf, but it doesn’t really appeal to me. I like OP-run stuff.

Flag Post

I have no clue what the original Ather City was like. I thought the GM was still the one who made up the plot? Or was the brimstone and Hell and everything someone else’s idea?

I like OP-run stuff.

Yeah, if I do that, the players will expect me to do everything for them. They’ll have the initiative of a brick.

Flag Post
Originally posted by gammaflux:

Physical Traits

Special Traits

How to sign

I have a couple ideas. We can use STATUS indicators. Instead of HP, I can use this.

Ultimate (You are about to win)
Pumped Up (You have the upper advantage)
Ready (This is the mode your character starts in.)
Tired (This is still OK)
Weak (You need to step up your game)
Pooped (You are about to lose)

Or We can use Hp Instead, I can decrease your HP randomly. So I decide who wins every time.
Or we can use the dice.

This game is underdevelopment, I can do a Beta until I perfect this.

Flag Post

As I recall, the first Ather City was mostly player run. I think OP had a character of his own, but it was an actual character and he didn’t really control the events.
I had four characters in Ather City 1. Every one of them died horribly. No, wait, one of them just got decapitated after he turned evil (extremely hamhandedly turned evil. I was and still am a pretty shitty RPer.)
Anyway yeah, to each their own. But to avoid the characters making OP do everything, I think it’s cool when the characters do whatever they want, but OP determines the effectiveness of their actions. Although I can see how that would lead back to the original problem.

Flag Post

Physical Traits

Special Traits

How to sign

I have a couple ideas. We can use STATUS indicators. Instead of HP, I can use this.

Ultimate (You are about to win)
Pumped Up (You have the upper advantage)
Ready (This is the mode your character starts in.)
Tired (This is still OK)
Weak (You need to step up your game)
Pooped (You are about to lose)

Or We can use Hp Instead, I can decrease your HP randomly. So I decide who wins every time.
Or we can use the dice.

This game is underdevelopment, I can do a Beta until I perfect this.

You could do a combination of dice and your own judgement for damage. :P (your judgement for an attack may take off a set amount of damage or make the roll lower or higher by a certain amount)
and either status indicators or hp would be fine.

Flag Post

WELL THEN, I might as well release it Right………………………………………….-

Flag Post

It’s your choice, considering you’re the creator after all. :)

Flag Post

It’s your choice, considering you’re the creator after all. :)

-NOW! (The joke was me pausing to post the topic……..-NOW!)

Flag Post

I’ll make my character soon its getting a bit late.

Flag Post

I think it’s cool when the characters do whatever they want, but OP determines the effectiveness of their actions.

Believe me, I tried this. It just makes them think they can’t do anything without me, so they do nothing other than responding to what I throw at them. No initiative whatsoever.

Flag Post

To clarify, players can create entire organizations as well as individual characters; there will be a signup sheet for single characters and a different sheet for organizations. So yes, lazy players can get away with playing it like an ordinary RP, while more ambitious and capable players can control organizations and help create the plot. Those players can control any number of characters within their organizations simultaneously, so hopefully this will put less emphasis on them munchkinning on a single character. I think the game can only start if there are at least three player-made organizations.

Seems pretty fun, also seems a bit like Dawn of Worlds 2nd and 3rd stage. I would like to play it.

Flag Post

best 3 ideas

1. robot wars idea / robot arena
2. minecraft ( the proper version)
3. runescape