[Game-Related] The "Choose My Next Game!" Thread page 126

3702 posts

Flag Post

Want feedback on my upcoming Black Diamond Redux:First Spark. For those who haven’t played the original 2 Black Diamond games, the plot goes something like this:the Master Crystal is a Macguffin with the power to generate unlimited energy. You control a country and must fight to gain full control of it, whereupon you can hold the rest of the world ransom.

New features:
-Game isn’t set on Earth anymore; it’s on a planet called Gaia and you can make up your own countries.

-Country “types”, each with attributes. For example,the War-Torn country has less population and money but once per game, can force the other countries to all give it some money as “international aid”. Or the Ruthless Dictatorship country cannot be in an alliance with a non-Ruthless Dictatorship country BUT has extra military strength and never experiences revolts, though any country can attack it without risking political backlash.

-A direct trade system. The old trade system was rather vague, where countries shared income when they make a trade pact and whatnot. The new one allows you to exchange soldiers, political capital, money and even shards of the Master Crystal(more on shards later).

-The income system. Instead of auto-gaining a certain amount of money, you have an income factor, which is the amount of money you gain every turn. You can increase your income in many ways, from conquering other countries to spending turns “increasing your economy”.

-The idea of having “shards of the Master Crystal”. Each country starts with one and the first country or faction(a group of three or less countries-they cannot be hostile towards one another and if one of the countries in a faction wins the game, all of the countries in that faction wins) to possess all the shards instantly wins(the other way is to have all non-allied countries be eliminated). Any country that does not have any shards instantly is eliminated.

-A revamped revolution system. Now, revolts can be triggered by a bad response to some important global issue(which is why you have to know to to play the game of intrigue to survive) or repeated wars, or having your money supply be too low for too long. A revolt lets any country attack you without risking a revolt of their own, political backlash or any soldiers dying.

-The idea of political backlash. A country with “political backlash” on it is a targeted country. Anyone can attack it freely without getting political backlash on their own country. You trigger political backlash on yourself by attacking a country without political backlash on them or by taking a very controversial or belligerent stance towards global issues. While in political backlash, any country can break out of your faction even if the faction contract(a document signed by all members of a faction, created by the founder of the faction. You have to sign it to join, and you MUST follow everything it says) says that they can’t.

-Instead of “energy” being your third resource(the other two are money and soldiers) it’s “political capital”. You can spend political capital to instantly destroy a revolution, or to remove political backlash. If you rule fairly and peacefully(and thus have no need for political capital), you can trade it to another, more warlike country or use it to help out an ally(political capital can also be used to stop revolutions or backlash on other countries). Political capital is gained by ruling effectively. If I see your country playing well, moving towards a certain goal and generally being a country nobody wants to fuck with, you get political capital. Or if your income, soldiers or money is high enough.

-Embassies. An embassy costs some money to build. You can only trade with countries or ally with countries that you have embassies in. If someone builds an embassy in your country, it shows he’s committed to engaging in peaceful relations with you. Engaging in hostile relations with another country means that the other country auto-destroys any embassy you may have there, and vice-versa. You can manually destroy an embassy if you want, if you want to make another country suffer but don’t want to go to war just yet.
NOTE:If I have an embassy in your country, but you have nothing in mine, I can still trade with you. It’s just that you can’t propose a trade. Only I can propose a trade;all you can do, until you build an embassy, is negotiate the terms of the trade and then either accept or decline.

-If you go to war with another country and WIN, then you have “subdued” that country. This means you get one shard of Master Crystal from them and half of all their resources(a useful tactic is to conquer another country, receive political backlash, then use the political capital you got from conquering to remove the backlash). It also means they can’t attack you for 5 turns(you can still attack them). Neither can they join a faction that you’re openly hostile with, or trade with any country in that faction(they can still build embassies).

Flag Post

I have a bit of an odd question regarding my next game. I will keep this question short. Could you play a parsed RP with limited inter player interaction?

Flag Post
Originally posted by helltank:
lots of words

HELLLLLLLLLLLL YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS

Originally posted by Jimbo14:

I have a bit of an odd question regarding my next game. I will keep this question short. Could you play a parsed RP with limited inter player interaction?

You could

Flag Post

@Helltank

I love it and will presign right now

Flag Post

I have an idea for my next game and would appreciate some input. I haven’t decided on a name yet but the basic idea is there is an island and you try to remain on it as long as possible. When you arrive at the island, you receive 3 gold stars, and these gold stars are an indicator of your worth and value here. You can only receive gold stars by challenging other members on the island in minigames. Each player wagers a certain number of stars when they play (the number will either depend on the game, or be agreed upon by the two players, I haven’t decided yet). If you run out of gold stars, you will be taken off the island and can’t return for 24 hours real world time. But if you come back you will receive 3 gold stars again and continue playing. I’ll keep a leaderboard to show the current stars as well as the record number of stars people have.

The biggest part I need help on are the mini games. So far I have thought of rock paper scissors and pick a number but I’m wondering what other mini games may work well in a forum setting that require more skill.

Flag Post

I like your idea, Ninja, but I wouldn’t know about other minigames.

Flag Post

@Ninja: Three stars is a bit much for a constant thing. I think 3 on first entrance, then 2, then only 1.

Other than that it seems similar. I think it would be cool if you allowed players to invent their own minigames if they want to, so people can challenge each other to a game of random game here over a star.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kidudeman:

@Ninja: Three stars is a bit much for a constant thing. I think 3 on first entrance, then 2, then only 1.

Other than that it seems similar. I think it would be cool if you allowed players to invent their own minigames if they want to, so people can challenge each other to a game of random game here over a star.

I like your ideas, since stars are high value and to avoid inflation I will probably make some sort of penalty if you get knocked out. I’m also going to ask for suggestions for mini-games on the thread and hopefully there will be some good ideas.

Flag Post

Has anyone done a show-based mafia, like one based on Adventure Time? o 3o

Flag Post
Originally posted by CeceDusk:

Has anyone done a show-based mafia, like one based on Adventure Time? o 3o

I’m pretty sure a lot of people have made show-based mafias, but I don’t think anyone made one on Adventure Time.

Flag Post
Originally posted by scorpion1m:
Originally posted by scorpion1m:

best 3 ideas

1. robot wars idea / robot arena
2. minecraft ( the proper version)
3. runescape

4. l4d2

make sure there the real versions not face ones

5. kingdom harts

Flag Post

First, would it be looked down upon if I, a relatively new member made a game?

Second, would you be interested in partaking in a game where you are partaking in the War of 1812 (or American Revolution, I have yet to decide). You would be a lowly soldier who comes in contact with some rather paranormal forces. I am sorry if this seems vague, I would just rather the story take place in well..the actual game if I make it. In this game, there would be quite a few hostile spirits, and the occasional pleasant one. Your character would certainly be vulnerable to exterior forces, such as the assaults and tricks of the paranormal, the weather, and the war around you. Is anyone interested?

Flag Post

Hmm, well my taste in games don’t really like those kinda games.

Anyway, would anybody be intrested in a cell evolution kind of thing?

Flag Post

@kirby: It has been done before on other sites I’ve been on, but as long as you can actively manage, I’m in for it. :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by CeceDusk:

@kirby: It has been done before on other sites I’ve been on, but as long as you can actively manage, I’m in for it. :)

What other sites? The only good forum games i can think of is here, and mspa forums.

Flag Post

Ok plz vote and say if you have intrest. Both are picture based. Also vote on the name plz :)

[CYOP] Cellcraft/Subject-407 : You start out as a basic cell, and you are in the midst of other cells,viruses, bacteria in a watery enviorment. You can evolve new limbs, organelles, anything to survive.

[CYOP] Hatchet/On the other side… : You don’t know who you are, but you know you have to survive. Your lost in the wilderness and will do whatever it takes to survive, even if that means drinking your pee, befreinding a wolf, or even building an underwater fortress.

Flag Post

@ilovekirby12 I like Cellcraft/Subject-407. Is this team based? does everyone get one cell? or does everyone share a cell? (or two teams controlling two different cells etc…)

Flag Post
Originally posted by gammaflux:

@ilovekirby12 I like Cellcraft/Subject-407. Is this team based? does everyone get one cell? or does everyone share a cell? (or two teams controlling two different cells etc…)

It’s cyop, one cell, vote for actions/evos. I might change it but yeh, one cell. You can divide/make friends etc…
These aren’t your ordinary cells ;)

Flag Post

It sounds fun :D I’d definitely play it. (I like Hatchet to but not as much as the cell one.)

Flag Post

Did the book Hatchet inspire you to make Hatchet? :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by Underlord:

Did the book Hatchet inspire you to make Hatchet? :P

:P the title yes, and theres like no other good titles for survival stuff…

Flag Post

Hello people, I’d like to request help with a game idea I have. As some know, I was the host of Territory Wars, but stoped updating it, partly because I plain forgot and partly because I lost the map files. I was thinking on something like that, but also have an RP running at the same time, which main events would be decided as the strategy one develops and advances. For example: A attacks tile X, which is of player B, and conquers it. The players of the RP will have to act according to that event. When the strategy one ends, the RP does not necessarily ends too, as it can have an epilogue storyline. Sounds good?

Flag Post

Seems good. As for sounding, I don’t think with that type of grammar

So, Player A attacks Tile X which was owned by Player B and conquers it. What are the chances of the person conquering another person’s tile, or are they always 100%? How would the other players react to it, if not only doing “oh my god that guy got conquered1111 hes weak lol kill him”? How many “tiles” does a person start with, and how many tiles are there? The idea itself does seem good, but elaboration would be lovely.

Now then, I’ve got two choices here:

1. Crossing Lies III – Psychological strategy game, like it’s predecessors. With honestly less bs this time, promise.

2. Survivor: Krementorium! (Name subject to change, any suggestions would be appreciated unless worse than the already named) – A game based off the show survivor, however, will probably (it might, will reach a decision later) not only be consisting of gaming. The events should be pretty much the same.

More elaboration would be in the threads, I would think this much information is enough, please state if you have any questions or want any explanations.

Flag Post

There will be a map with a certain number of tiles, which are all numbered. Everyone will start in a random tile and will start with a determined amount of supplies, the other tiles will remain factionless and can be conquered by just attacking them.. They will have to build military units to be able to attack. They will also have to build structures and research upgrades to have a more powerful force.

Attack and defence works this way: A attacks tile X which is held by B. I will RNG a number (Y being the number of attack points that the attacking player has) between (1+Y) and (100+Y). Defenders will do the same, just that instead of attack points, they’ll use defense ones.

Flag Post

One idea a day until I find a good basis.

Present Idea: (metropolis rpg)

A metroplis RPG. The goal is to manage control over buildings, trying to secure an entire city. Each person would pick varying %‘s involving the league, indicating how much influence they have within those leagues, along with simple stats, a simple ’version’ development system for abilities, and a rather freeform storyline buildup situation involving the metroplis. But, like blood shadow’s basis for a freeform rpg. (I actually preferr freeforms…)