[Game-Related] The "Choose My Next Game!" Thread page 127

3762 posts

Flag Post

manage control over buildings,

Don’t like this part…

varying %‘s involving the league, indicating how much influence they have within those leagues

What leagues, now…

along with simple stats, a simple ’version’ development system for abilities,

Well, you say ‘simple’…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Minnakht:

manage control over buildings,

Don’t like this part…

varying %‘s involving the league, indicating how much influence they have within those leagues

What leagues, now…

along with simple stats, a simple ’version’ development system for abilities,

Well, you say ‘simple’…

Ok, here’s a sample of the abilities and stats:

Stats: (max 15) 2x Endurance, 2x Wisdom, 2x Intelligence, 3x Survival, 3x Will, 2x Dexterity, 1x Manna, {my bonus} 3x Discipline
Abilities:
Leadership V3
Training V2

Most would have 2 or 3 pts in stats and abilities, abs could go V8, but stats – who knows? Py 5/7, likely. Also, there’s more focus over the roleplay than the game itself.

Flag Post

That’s not simple whatsoever

Flag Post

That’s not simple whatsoever

From a technical standpoint it is. It’s the lowest level of potential development I can come up with for abilities and stats, keeping an rpg still freeform, but within boundries.
You know darn well I cannot live without some kind of mechanic in my rpgs. There is no way I would make an rpg with JUST a plot.

Flag Post

The ‘Victomizer’ Game

This is a game about games. The goal is to simply pit games against eachother directly. Each person takes on the guise and mechanics of a game, then simply battles it out in the ‘victomizer’ game.

Couldn’t be simpler, right? WRONG! Every time you defeat another game, it’s contents are absorbed whether you like it or not, until you potentially have a mental or emotional breakdown, potentially ragequitting.

So, how long coud you survive without loosing such? And will you survive in the first place? Only time will tell…

One law: You cannot begin with a game thats presently active in ‘victomizer’.

Flag Post

How would be victory decided? Players playing as games sounds workable, but the exact details of conflict are required.

Flag Post

How would be victory decided? Players playing as games sounds workable, but the exact details of conflict are required.

A standard issue rpg battle, but I would adapt the combinded games into a workable format. It’s rather situational, more an aspect of perspective, and can only be felt.

Flag Post

Well, that sounds… not bad.

Now wait, when has it been a week? Your last legal game was Question of the Day, I think, it started back in February, it’s the 10th of March now…

Flag Post

Well, that sounds… not bad.

Now wait, when has it been a week? Your last legal game was Question of the Day, I think, it started back in February, it’s the 10th of March now…

Why would I care about THAT law?
Further, a certain OTHER game slammed it down in a heartbeat before I even realized it existed.

Flag Post

Because you decide to post on this forum. If you do, you’re obliged to follow all laws present.

Look, I’m being lenient here – some people would have decided to count the time from your last illegal game. My soft nature is going to get me into trouble sometime…

Flag Post

Because you decide to post on this forum. If you do, you’re obliged to follow all laws present.

Look, I’m being lenient here – some people would have decided to count the time from your last illegal game. My soft nature is going to get me into trouble sometime…

Ah, fine, since it’s respect you want, it’s respect you get.

Flag Post

Actually, I want conformity, but I suppose respect’s fine too. Make sure you get a good stockpile before trying anything questionable, and, first and foremost, just wait – let the water flow under the bridge until your previous mistakes are forgotten.

Flag Post

Actually, I want conformity, but I suppose respect’s fine too. Make sure you get a good stockpile before trying anything questionable, and, first and foremost, just wait – let the water flow under the bridge until your previous mistakes are forgotten.

Indeed… it’s about time I used subtlety. But me, a conformist? No way.

Flag Post

that game does sound good and original

Flag Post

Bleh, gonna make it even simpler. Just brawls. Each round, you would be judged. The name of the game would be Champions.

It would not be if you win or loose, but how well you battle with what you have.This woud earn ‘chips’ – making you stronger.
But beware, as poor perfomance will slap you with a vast myriad of handicaps, more so as you develop yourself.

Max chip cost would be 5 million chips, but each round only give 250,000 chips max. Thats all to it. Players begin with 10,000 chips as well.

Flag Post

potato chips?

Flag Post
Originally posted by efar:

potato chips?

:P thanks for the humor. May as well make it then.

Flag Post

what?

Flag Post

what?

They may deny it, but this is why the ‘1 game a week’ law is unfair. Also efar, you have my PMS blocked.
HMPH, and to add insult to injury, they woud use any excuse to make the game count even less.

Flag Post

Overworld Clash

An RPG where players make occasional actions to make their characters rise above everybody else’s characters.

Time

You can set your update period to 12 hours or 24 hours, depending on how active you are.

Every update period, your activity will be reported depending on what type of tile you are on.

For example, if you are right next to a berry bush and your character is set to harvest that bush, you will receive a report similar to this.

Your character, speedy250, gained 30 Strawberries while you were gone. They were put away in the Backpack.

Your character’s avatar is your in-game avatar. If two players have the same avatar, a number will be put over the second player’s avatar to mark a difference.

If you change your avatar, you can update your in-game avatar to that one, or you can keep it. Every character’s data is kept in a database post, where you can see everybody else’s stats.

Features

Looking at this image, you can see that you can do multiple activities in Overworld Clash.

Some Forum Gamers have been chosen for an example of what a part of the world will look like.

sorry for the bad grammar

Example Report

Here is an example report. Every 12/24 hours, you will receive a report. While signing up, you can check an option if you want reports to be sent to your private messages in addition to post.

Walfordking (12 hour updates) Standing in Grass
1 Killed a squirrel. (42/43 hp). Gained +5 EXP (250/9001 EXP LVL 501).
2 Killed a squirrel. (41/43 hp). Gained +5 EXP (255/9001 EXP LVL 501). Obtained 1 Squirrel Tooth, which is now in Backpack Pocket 1.
3 Killed a squirrel. (40/43 hp). Gained +5 ESP (260/9001 EXP LVL 501).

Gammaflux (24 hour updates) Chopping Wood
1 Harvested 31 Oak Logs, which are now in Backpack Pocket 1.

efar (24 hour updates) Harvesting Berries
1 Harvested 91 Strawberries, which are now in Backpack Pocket 1.

These are not the only features. This game is simple, as you only have to focus on your character. You can also go on raids with other players.

Is this a good idea?

Flag Post
Originally posted by speedy250:

Overworld Clash

Is this a good idea?

Yes. =3
This seems fun.

You spelled grammar right, and I find that wondrous. (Yes, wondrous is spelled with no ’e’s)

Flag Post

@Speedy250 I think its a pretty good idea. :) How will fighting work? and does each character start off differently? (like classes?) or does everyone start out the same?

Also you used my avatar :D that’s awesome ^^

Flag Post

that would be good

Flag Post
Originally posted by FelineForumer:
Overworld Clash
s this a good idea?

Yes. =3
This seems fun.

You spelled grammar right, and I find that wondrous. (Yes, wondrous is spelled with no ’e’s)

In the image, #1’s sentence uses incorrect grammar

Originally posted by gammaflux:

@Speedy250 I think its a pretty good idea. :) How will fighting work? and does each character start off differently? (like classes?) or does everyone start out the same?

Also you used my avatar :D that’s awesome ^^

It’s like training for a game. U stand in an area and wait for enemies to come to you and die. You will receive a report every 12/24/345345 hours saying what enemies you killed. Having longer waiting periods in dangerous places is recommended, as you might need to use HP potions.

that would be good

thanks

overworld clash is planned to be posted some time between march 3, 2013 to march 8, 2013

Flag Post

That looks like it’d be a pain to update, speedy. Go for it if you wish, I’m not stopping you.