Flag Post

@RokRokRok

1 – 4 sound good. =D

5… Hmmm… I cannot say… =/

We may have to see if you put it up.

@myhome16

Sure. =D

Flag Post

I decided to trim down the options for my next game. Choose the one you like the most.

1. The Themed Mafia without a Theme: I take random things and put them in a Mafia. Names may be altered, but abilities will mostly be the same. Semi-closed.

2. Gaming Chicken: I pick a game and a score. Players must attempt to get as close to the score without going over it. Going over the score will result in an auto-loss, and allowing everyone under the score to continue. Reaching the score to the very numeral results in something good happening, likely something like an Extra Life unless otherwise specified. Picture proof needed.

Also, if you pick number two, would you be okay with a “Redemption round” that allows a few people to return around halfway through? It may run on a different scoring system.

Flag Post

@ blakzer

1 is better

Flag Post

I like them both equally, but I’d like the first one because, well, there is a seriously large lacking of proper mafias, only two proper ones are running out of the three (which is a low number we have), and because I’d like more text-based games in a text-based forum.

Flag Post

2 blak

Flag Post

TrialMasters:

Explain: Just an RP. Begin with Lv1 in fire, water, wind, and earth. Infinite levels, each earning one kind of prize. Some levels can even be repeatedly taken!
The goal is to achieve the impossible level – transcendance lv3. But who will ever achieve that?

You argue I will make it anyhow? At the least, you can give consent.

Flag Post

Knowing your history with RPs, developous… please don’t. It’s not like I’m going to stop you or anything, but I somehow see it only ending in disaster…

Flag Post
Originally posted by blakzer:

Knowing your history with RPs, developous… please don’t. It’s not like I’m going to stop you or anything, but I somehow see it only ending in disaster…

Slow as it is, I’m getting better lately(I think). My big problem is detail without scope. And this time, I will only mod.
May as well do so…

Flag Post

Anyone for a ‘Virus’ Rpg in 3 days? Since zombies are a fetish here, I am thinking of a disaster based rpg where you clean up a rather hazardous disease.

Flag Post
Originally posted by developous:

Anyone for a ‘Virus’ Rpg in 3 days? Since zombies are a fetish here, I am thinking of a disaster based rpg where you clean up a rather hazardous disease.

Since zombies are a fetish here

zombies are a fetish

a fetish

a fetish

Flag Post
Originally posted by NimbusCloud26:
Originally posted by developous:

Since zombies are a fetish here

zombies are a fetish

a fetish

a fetish

Please no!

Flag Post

One crazy word: Smaft!

Flag Post

my latest idea: Superhero Mafia

7 Superheros and 7 villians each with special powers like the Hulk and stuff. Won’t bother going into detail because I don’t want to.

Flag Post
Originally posted by efar:

my latest idea: Superhero Mafia

7 Superheros and 7 villians each with special powers like the Hulk and stuff. Won’t bother going into detail because I don’t want to.

o_O looks interesting.

Flag Post
Originally posted by myhome16:

It would be essentially a rehash of this game. Don’t worry, I got permission from the author to do it. I’ve given it an objective, more variation to gameplay, classes, a boss battle, and more. Anyone think it could work? Any suggestions about it?

anyone?

This game is up!

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blood_Shadow:

People are lazy. This is an unfortunate fact that I simply cannot get around. In any RP I make, the players can only react to what I throw at them; they can’t seem to act on their own. Thus, I’m forced to create the entire plot for them, every single little step along the way. I really don’t want to because it’s tiring.

Now, what if I just make more or less an open sandbox? I’ll give some general description of a setting, like a planet or something. The players are then allowed to make entire factions in the game rather than simply individual characters; in fact there will even be a signup sheet for player-made organizations. And the players will interact with one another using their organizations, hereby creating the plot. It’ll almost be a “nations of the world” type of strategy game, except with more focus on the story than merely “winning”. That’s what I want in the end, a story. I myself will not be creating any organizations in this sandbox of a game unless absolutely necessary, because I don’t want the players to fall into the mentality that only I can create the plot.

So will something like this work? Or will it stagnate and die out even more quickly than usual RPs due to player laziness?

Guys, expect this to come out soon… ish. In about a month or so. Give or take three months.

Flag Post

People are lazy. This is an unfortunate fact that I simply cannot get around. In any RP I make, the players can only react to what I throw at them; they can’t seem to act on their own. Thus, I’m forced to create the entire plot for them, every single little step along the way. I really don’t want to because it’s tiring.

Now, what if I just make more or less an open sandbox? I’ll give some general description of a setting, like a planet or something. The players are then allowed to make entire factions in the game rather than simply individual characters; in fact there will even be a signup sheet for player-made organizations. And the players will interact with one another using their organizations, hereby creating the plot. It’ll almost be a “nations of the world” type of strategy game, except with more focus on the story than merely “winning”. That’s what I want in the end, a story. I myself will not be creating any organizations in this sandbox of a game unless absolutely necessary, because I don’t want the players to fall into the mentality that only I can create the plot.

So will something like this work? Or will it stagnate and die out even more quickly than usual RPs due to player laziness?

Guys, expect this to come out soon… ish. In about a month or so. Give or take three months.

So… technically speaking… we could get it four months from now, to as early as two months ago… One third chance that it will be on next time I check. =D

I am just kidding, though. =P

Take as long as you want, but do please make it, as I want to play it.

Flag Post

So will something like this work?

As long as I can make a faction.

Flag Post

So… technically speaking… we could get it four months from now, to as early as two months ago…

Yeah, I could’ve made this two months ago.

Also, you can be a cyborg dwarf in my game. Who wants to be a cyborg dwarf?

Flag Post

there are no combinations of the Latin-1 keys that can express my joy.

Flag Post

In the setting there will probably be pop songs in Elvish. That seems funny and strange at the same time. Trying to modernize a fantasy setting will do that, I guess.

Flag Post

Expect, or don’t expect Hatchet to be coming out soon. (Read the book, it’s amazing :D)

I’m not sure if there are teams to vote, or just a regular cyop. But regular CYOPs aren’t very active.

Flag Post

http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Mysterious_Island_Arena#If_advertised_with_rock_band_flyers

Flag Post

RokRokRok

I’d preffer to start fresh off, at least me. Illusions are kind of underpowered against demons and radiation.

I was thinking on making a sci-fi RP that follows certain events, which would be RNG’ed by the GM every week. Example: “War between A and B happens, A and C forge an alliance and D developed sonic weapons”. From this moment, the players will play following what happened, for example, Player 1 was in nation D. He/she will now see some people with sonic guns. Or Players 2 and 3 are wandering somewhere until armies of A and B end up battling against each other. Events will probably me a lot more precise, but that’s an idea

PS: The 1 week rule means that someone can only create a game every week, right? If someone created a game 3 days ago and locked it because he had a better idea or didn’t had enough players, he’ll have to wait 4 more days no matter what, right?