[Game-Related] The "Choose My Next Game!" Thread page 133

3762 posts

Flag Post

@Gammaflux: OHMIGAWD IT’S CHRISTMAS!

Flag Post
Originally posted by wiiwonder:

@ Hamuka. I love it. I want to play it.
@Developous: Sounds good, but maybe simplify the sign out sheet. The physicals look okay but the training just doesn’t look right. Why not use some skill point allocation? But keep it simple: if its over two digits it might be pushing it.

Hmm, a % gauge on the training would be a great idea, I like it.

Flag Post

Yeeeeeah. Remember dev: you want a sheet you fill in one go. Think D&D.

Flag Post
Originally posted by developous:

@Developous: Sounds good, but maybe simplify the sign out sheet. The physicals look okay but the training just doesn’t look right. Why not use some skill point allocation? But keep it simple: if its over two digits it might be pushing it.

Man, Dev, I bet if you ran a NotW game everybody would play. Probably really bring us around to your point of view.

Flag Post

The game that I’m making right now is slightly more science-heavy than most, because I’m a physics major. For example, right now I’m thinking about the chemical properties of mithril and orichalcum and what not. Memorizing all of my fantastic science probably isn’t necessary, and I’ll try to make it not so, but I can’t make any absolute guarantees. How many people are turned off by this?

Flag Post

Blood_Shadow, if you can build it, Saxton Hale will crash through the wall to congratulate you. If it then collapses, it sucks. Hey, that’s not a bad phrase. Basically: It can be complicated, just not delicate, you get me? You builds houses of beautiful masonry, not glass.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mylar:

Man, Dev, I bet if you ran a NotW game everybody would play. Probably really bring us around to your point of view.

Hmm… a dark tyrant bent on destruction, and not even one person able to oppose him. Sounds like a plan.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mylar:

Brilliant!

Flag Post

That’s what I sorta did. See ‘darkness rising’.

Flag Post

Possibly a CYOP, or an RP, whichever you guys think.

Hunting Giant Sandworms
The base point of this game is being a CYOP. You start off as a young hero in a small village, somewhere in a secluded mountain range. One day, a traveler comes by and tells stories about a “Giant Sandworm” in a desert far to the south. He says that anyone who killed one and brought it’s tooth back would be given glory and honor for killing it.

Also, implemented with this game will be an RPG-style format Inventory. There will be different items, along with different stats for items, like damage, special damage, defense, special defense, and so on. Basically, a CYOP Roleplay.

Flag Post

Seems interesting, i’d sign it as an RP

Flag Post

I feel Forum Games needs more variety, so I want to bring a large-scale Government/War Game or small-scale Survival RPG game to the table.

A large scale government game where you have to balance your assets to achieve a functioning government while at the same time fighting to stay #1.

Or a small-scale and laid-back Survival RP set on an island where players are to strive to survive.

I will elaborate on any parts of game-play if asked so, these are just two broad descriptions, and nothing is set in concrete.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Antigamefire:

I feel Forum Games needs more variety, so I want to bring a large-scale Government/War Game or survival game to the table.

A large scale government game where you have to balance your assets to achieve a functioning government while at the same time fighting to stay #1.

Or a small-scale and laid-back survival RP.

I will elaborate on any parts of game-play if asked so, these are just two broad descriptions, and nothing is set in concrete.

If its a government, I may join, so my vote is for that.

Flag Post

I feel Forum Games needs more variety, so I want to bring a large-scale Government/War Game or small-scale Survival RPG game to the table.

A large scale government game where you have to balance your assets to achieve a functioning government while at the same time fighting to stay #1p>

I’ve been lurking, waiting for the day someone makes NotW3, or something like it, ever since NotW2 inexplicably died. So I’d definitely welcome your government game idea.

Flag Post

Or a small-scale and laid-back Survival RP set on an island where players are to strive to survive.

Im making a large scaled Survival Strategy so Im voting for the former The Government war seems like a nice idea, i’d definitely play it.

Flag Post

The government one might take one or two days to set up, as I still need drawing software and a general idea how to run it, etc. I will open a thread for it immediately for the sign-ups.

E: Sign-ups are up.

Flag Post

Since I really didn’t get much responses I’ post it again, please, if you have anything to say, say it, also any ideas for improvements would be very appreciated.

Hey, I can’t remember when the last time I made a game was, it’s been a while. I’ve been thinking of a mafia, but I’m not so sure. Despite my track record I’ve been thinking of another RP, I have realized a few of my mistakes. First I made the story too specific for character creation, this game will have only one rule for appearance, has to look human. Also, I would take too much control of the story, I will admit my writing and creativity is not quite good enough to keep the game fresh. RPs need other players, it’s much more fun writing a story together. One last major problem (There’s a lot more) is that it was too realistic, I’m almost sure the top 5 RPs here have had some kind of supernatural or magical powers involved.

So, I just wanted to give you a brief summary of what my game would be. The setting would be a destroyed America after an alien invasion, the aliens would be varied, which would let the players create interesting battles with created enemies. The characters would not be human, they would be cyborgs that look identical to humans and share most of their positive features (obviously players would not be bound to the thinking of some greater power and are free to think for themselves.) Also, for some parts I will abandon realism, I will allow powers that seem magical, but can pass for futuristic science (Like conjuring fire or lightning but not actually creating organic beings for example.)

I will sacrifice many aspects of what I usually do to cater to a wider audience, for me it is hard to get players to play a game i really want to make, but me taking the role as a vital NPC in this game will keep me happy. I’m not asking for an obligation to sign, I just want to know if you guys would be interested and if it’s worth my time.

I do look forward to making some sort of game, I missed this community.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheIdiocyWizard:

A large scale government game where you have to balance your assets to achieve a functioning government while at the same time fighting to stay #1p>

I’ve been lurking, waiting for the day someone makes NotW3, or something like it, ever since NotW2 inexplicably died. So I’d definitely welcome your government game idea.

Sort of a sequel to NotW?
YES BONER NOW IS THE TIME

Flag Post
Originally posted by reaper765:

Since I really didn’t get much responses I’ post it again, please, if you have anything to say, say it, also any ideas for improvements would be very appreciated.

Hey, I can’t remember when the last time I made a game was, it’s been a while. I’ve been thinking of a mafia, but I’m not so sure. Despite my track record I’ve been thinking of another RP, I have realized a few of my mistakes. First I made the story too specific for character creation, this game will have only one rule for appearance, has to look human. Also, I would take too much control of the story, I will admit my writing and creativity is not quite good enough to keep the game fresh. RPs need other players, it’s much more fun writing a story together. One last major problem (There’s a lot more) is that it was too realistic, I’m almost sure the top 5 RPs here have had some kind of supernatural or magical powers involved.

So, I just wanted to give you a brief summary of what my game would be. The setting would be a destroyed America after an alien invasion, the aliens would be varied, which would let the players create interesting battles with created enemies. The characters would not be human, they would be cyborgs that look identical to humans and share most of their positive features (obviously players would not be bound to the thinking of some greater power and are free to think for themselves.) Also, for some parts I will abandon realism, I will allow powers that seem magical, but can pass for futuristic science (Like conjuring fire or lightning but not actually creating organic beings for example.)

I will sacrifice many aspects of what I usually do to cater to a wider audience, for me it is hard to get players to play a game i really want to make, but me taking the role as a vital NPC in this game will keep me happy. I’m not asking for an obligation to sign, I just want to know if you guys would be interested and if it’s worth my time.

I do look forward to making some sort of game, I missed this community.

I like.

Flag Post

I’m thinking of an advanced conquest game. Just seeing if this config looks interesting for the bases themselves:
(also trying to think of a name for it)

Base Config(sample):

Name: Imperial Refinery
Desc: An advanced chemical processing place able to develop vehicles.
Appearance:
createcard photo createcard.jpg
Gens: 8 Chem, 12 Tech, 5 mobility, 5 generic, 8 nox, 8 tox, and 12 hazmat.
Specials:
For each other base controlled, gains 5 nox, tox, and chem points.
Weilds a medium size harbor and can build such ships, plus medium vehicles.
vehicles produced here begin with a free upgrade.
Links: 3 oceanic, 5 land based(full).

How this works

The energies mean pretty much what they say. Chem is chemical based, or nox is fumes and such. Links are connections for land or water based travel, generally.

When I will proceed

Approval with 3, or next week’s game.

Flag Post

Not even a response… the hatred is that bad. But at least they don’t show persecutions now.

Flag Post

Here’s my game idea, now that I’m semi-coming out of retirement.

A Mafia game based on Majora’s Mask. Yes, the old Zelda game with a crap-ton of masks. Counting Link and the Skull Kid, there would be 31 roles. If I could somehow get more sign-ups, I could include the Four Giants to make 35 roles. As in my previous Mafia Games, each mask would have a unique role.

I will make the thread once I have 20 approvals.

List:
1. AdeebNafees
2. devourer359

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sabin7:

A Mafia game based on Majora’s Mask. Yes, the old Zelda game with a crap-ton of masks. Counting Link and the Skull Kid, there would be 31 roles. If I could somehow get more sign-ups, I could include the Four Giants to make 35 roles. As in my previous Mafia Games, each mask would have a unique role.

Good luck with that, 31 roles seem too much, way too much. Even getting 20 approvals is too much. I’d join it but thats a shit ton of people.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Stone667:
Originally posted by Sabin7:

Good luck with that, 31 roles seem too much, way too much. Even getting 20 approvals is too much. I’d join it but thats a shit ton of people.

I plan on filling the unfilled roles with friends of mine from chatrooms. That’s what I had to do with Metroid Mafia, which had 25 roles.

Flag Post

As Stone said… though if you really have 31 roles prepared, it will let you use a Semi Open in case you can’t gather up enough players.

I don’t think you will get 20 approvals either, but count me in.