[Game-Related] The "Choose My Next Game!" Thread page 4

3777 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by shadowkirby21:

for pokarnor, 1.

Flag Post

Should I try and put some life into Under The Radar or try something new?

Flag Post

Put some life in it.

Flag Post

Without any idea, I guess I’ll hear other’s opinions now…

1: Medieval Mafia [Votes: 1]
Simple – medieval mafia. Here, it’s a siege and the defenders and attackers are facing off at the entrance, killing off players one by one. (Types of characters include (but are not limited to) townies, spies, soldiers, and even a siege catapult.)

2: Spying the spy [Votes: 0]
A spy WDYD where you take the role of an unnamed spy. The game will proceed in chapters, which are pretty much the same thing as missions.

3. “A Pirate’s life for me!” [Votes: 2]
This game takes you back to the 1600’s or so, where you play a pirate. This’ll probably be an RP, but the final decision is yours, so suggestions are welcome! (Well, for me, I guess you can say I’m a rookie.)

Thats all, so I’ll check every once in a while and pick the one with the most votes after a week. So…see ya until a week here (probably, anyway), because I’ll be in the FGs.

Flag Post

Medieval Mafia.

Flag Post

Jesus christ guys, there are too many mafia’s and too many CYOA’s on kong. I suggest for a new game maybe somthing new like Space travel and sci-fi, maybe have some space cow boys or space pirates versus a galactic federation. Ofcourse it would be difficult, having to make the equipment, races, ships, planets and such, but dear god no more Mafia’s, zombies, CYOP, WDYD, but instead something original.

I just want somthing new, somthing fresh, somthing original. Is that too much to ask?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Rocktroll1:

Jesus christ guys, there are too many mafia’s and too many CYOA’s on kong. I suggest for a new game maybe somthing new like Space travel and sci-fi, maybe have some space cow boys or space pirates versus a galactic federation. Ofcourse it would be difficult, having to make the equipment, races, ships, planets and such, but dear god no more Mafia’s, zombies, CYOP, WDYD, but instead something original.

I just want somthing new, somthing fresh, somthing original. Is that too much to ask?

Space cowboys and space pirates are stupid.

Space travel and Sci fi – when dungeos inc. will end, captain_catface will probably continue [Kosmos], His space setting games.

Too much to ask – Yes. If you want a game that fits your standards, make your own instead of bitching about others.

Mafias, cyop, and wdyd are easiest and their own genre – stopping them completely is a big no-no. And apparently enough people join and enjoy for them too keep running, so gtfo.

Flag Post

All you problems are solved.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kidudeman:

Space cowboys and space pirates are stupid.

Space travel and Sci fi – when dungeos inc. will end, captain_catface will probably continue [Kosmos], His space setting games.

Too much to ask – Yes. If you want a game that fits your standards, make your own instead of bitching about others.

Mafias, cyop, and wdyd are easiest and their own genre – stopping them completely is a big no-no. And apparently enough people join and enjoy for them too keep running, so gtfo.

I have nothing better to say than

This.

Flag Post

I never said to stop, its just disappointing when people ask what game they should make when Im basically reading the same 3 options over and over again (Oh but I have 4! or Oh, this one is medival mafia, not zombie mafia!). And dont go dissing on space cowboys, Firefly is proof they can be awesome!

Flag Post

I never said to stop, its just disappointing when people ask what game they should make when Im basically reading the same 3 options over and over again (Oh but I have 4! or Oh, this one is medival mafia, not zombie mafia!). And dont go dissing on space cowboys, Firefly is proof they can be awesome!

The flaw is, cowboys are a type of western people. Once they stop being in the west, and stop firing old guns and riding horses, they are not cowboys, as would happen in space.

Flag Post

Actually cowboy can also be defined as “A speedy or reckless driver.”

Flag Post

Yep, I’ve said it many times too — no ones seems to care. :/

Flag Post

Ki, someone obviously hasnt smoked enough weed while watching Star Trek, star wars, or any space show. When I say “Space cowboy” I dont literally mean some western dude in space, I mean basically any badass that travels through space, be he a bounty hunter with his private ship or captain of a small crew while piloting a stolen frigate. Its Figurative speech.

Flag Post

>.>
Okay then, I’ll add something new. Happy? ‘cause for now on, I will NOT be happy about demands, whenever they circle around my game or someone else’s. I’m looking at everyone, not just rocktroll.

Flag Post

There are always PL, Puzzler-Exploration, Werewolf and RPs, rock. You can just pick a genre you really like, and stick with me.

I vote 3. Haven’t RPd a pirate yet.

Flag Post

I choose number 3 for shadow’s poll. I love Pirates of the Caribbean, One Piece etc.

Flag Post

Okay, here is my situation;
Under The Radar would make a great series in my opinion, however you must endure the first of the series being somewhat boring. More of a charecter peice if you may, however by the end of the series, it will be much different and personally I like the thoughts of being able to watch the game morph into the final product.

I was about to start a game called, ""Conspiracy Plot’ but then I realised that there was a problem with some of the roles. Then when PL2 came out, I put it on the backburned however now PL2 is closed and I may grab my shovel and dig this one up.

For the third idea I was planning on a money-making simulation that involves 3 different buisness you can purchase, and you can monopolize, work on security, order new shipments, change recipets, make a new product and there would be a percentage that sales would remain unchanged, increase , decrease or possibly plummet. Kind of only have this one on my head and I do not want to finish it and have no one sign.

Or does FG want something else from me? I could make another Mafia, or even a casual non-serious rp. My idea for Mafia would probally renovate the genre somewhat and my non-serious rp would most likely be set in a ‘Futurama-esque’ setting with a quite dumb plot.

What do YOU want?

Flag Post

@Shadowkirby, I aplogize but is a CYOA where everyone get their own person, or must they share that person with all players? If it is not the latter, then I vote for that.

Flag Post

URS was awesome. If I have to vote for your next, I vote Conspiracy Plot.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jimbo14:

@Shadowkirby, I aplogize but is a CYOA where everyone get their own person, or must they share that person with all players? If it is not the latter, then I vote for that.

CYOAs have you share control of a single character or more. Sorry.

(Although I guess maybe that first idea can make it to an official game.)

Flag Post

I thought CYOAs were several characters, whereas WDYD (Still don’t understand how it’s a genre, but hey, whatever) are one character (Or more in the case of Wasteland… But everyone still shares them.)

Also, Jimbo, Keep UTR up.

It’s a great game, and I really, really want to continue it. I am unable to play it at the present, due to a massive house cleaning operation my family is undertaking, but I’d love to when I am done (Which should be tomorrow).

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fogfun:

I thought CYOAs were several characters, whereas WDYD (Still don’t understand how it’s a genre, but hey, whatever) are one character (Or more in the case of Wasteland… But everyone still shares them.)

Also, Jimbo, Keep UTR up.

It’s a great game, and I really, really want to continue it. I am unable to play it at the present, due to a massive house cleaning operation my family is undertaking, but I’d love to when I am done (Which should be tomorrow).

Has been edited.
On a second note, I think this should be stickied.

Flag Post

What Fog said. I think I will put up my own list again soon. Public opinion, after all, may have changed.

[Actually, I have just got the plan for a WDYD that actually can have a winner. I need to work on the story though. It basically spans about an island where there is a guy with a gun and another guy with a gun. Predator and Prey, the name will probably be.]

Flag Post

People are saying to keep UTR up, however nobody is posting. (I will modkill no posters…..(Zzzip50, and ALMOST KoL)