[Game-Related] The "Choose My Next Game!" Thread page 84

3762 posts

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by developous:

dude, let go. They have every right to argue with me, as long as they do it in a dignified fasion ON GENERAL CHAT.

[It’s nothing to do with me. Arcane wants us to back off, or he can’t do anything. If you have some sort of problem, I suggest you take it up with Arcane.]

Flag Post

Please dont clutter this post. As said: GENERAL CHAT.
since you want me to obey the laws, I will beligerently and adamently do so.
Flagged.

On another note, getting this revived:
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/36-forum-games/topics/257719-infinite-arenascapes-round-1-0-5-entries

See master thread.

Flag Post

Since people said I was allowed to make requests here:

I’d like to see a RP where you start with an ability, similar to FAW, only the ability is much much much weaker and nerfed.
Alternatively, I’d like to see a DnD or similar Rulebook RP.

Flag Post

We’ve talked about doing a D&D game many times.

Why don’t we fucking do it for once?

Flag Post

If we do a D&D can it be 3.5 not 4? I played both and 3.5 is much much better

Flag Post

It would have to be 3.0/3.5, not 4.0.

I got banned from the WotC forums during the protest against 4.0 due to pointing out contradictions made by their customer service rep.

4.0 is bad. BAD I SAY.

Flag Post

Isn’t 4.0 simpler? If it’s simpler, it might be easier on a forum.

Anyway, presign if anyone good is running it.

Flag Post

Anyone good want to vollunteer? Yes I’d presign for that. It is simpler but it is pretty bad.

Flag Post

Well. We’d need two or three people to trade off DMing. Someone make a [Game-Related] thread for it and we can talk about it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Captain_Catface:

Well. We’d need two or three people to trade off DMing. Someone make a [Game-Related] thread for it and we can talk about it.

I’m making the thread, not quite sure what to post in the opening post. Tell me if any detail is missing.

Flag Post

[Why don’t you just use this]

Flag Post

But now it’s Public.

Oh well. Catfaic/Ocelot, do you guys specifically wish to discuss/run this DnD game? If you wish to discuss it, PM me that thingy Knoob sent, or just a Google Doc.

Flag Post

Look, no.

If people want to discuss making a D&D forum game, it should be done in a thread on the forum, not the random bullshit that Knoob always comes up with. I don’t know how little the lot of you seem to know about D&D, but there is a lot that has to be decided on before the DMs can even begin building the campaign.

The actual DMing and numbers and such could be held in a set of Google Docs, though.

Flag Post

Look, no.

If people want to discuss making a D&D forum game, it should be done in a thread on the forum, not the random bullshit that Knoob always comes up with. I don’t know how little the lot of you seem to know about D&D, but there is a lot that has to be decided on before the DMs can even begin building the campaign.

The actual DMing and numbers and such could be held in a set of Google Docs, though.

[I’m sorry, but would you like to actually give an argument for your point instead of randomly cursing and complaining about how much work has to be done?]

Flag Post

That it’s stupid to go about it on another site, and do it in chat/a sync’d word document when we can just do it on the forum, where other people can actually give input.

Flag Post

That it’s stupid to go about it on another site, and do it in chat/a sync’d word document when we can just do it on the forum, where other people can actually give input.

[If people want to give input, they can quite easily go to the document. If they’re too lazy to do that, then they probably don’t have the endurance to do your tons of work. You could always do it in the document where it’s faster and more convenient, create a thread and link the document in the title of the thread, whilst posting updates on the thread.]

Flag Post

Are people meant to give input?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Minnakht:

Are people meant to give input?

Yes, or whats the point of posting games?

Flag Post

Minna, of course people are meant to give input. A proper D&D campaign must be designed in order to keep the DM and the players happy.

Flag Post

THis is not saying I will ever do a 3rd game. Its just what I MIGHT make next.
If find an interest, say one of the following:

> “The only game you are hosting might be that, right?”
> “Could be a very nice replacement game”
> “Hmm… do you REALLY think its worth a third game?”

The netherverse

One day, you were warped from your old reality into a dangerous dungeon full of many fiends and challenges. Looking around, you sensed an aura of death and destruction in this complex, taunting and teasing you. Then a voice entered your mind: “Can you find me? You will know when you do. I have looked for a very long time for a worthy adventurer to finally reached me and escape this place. Win, you keep what you have and return back to your lands. Loose… well, countless forces have died here. But I am not without some generousity. Three lives, use them well. And dont worry about time passing in the other reality either, thats covered.”

Thus, your goal was to escape. Would you find this being?

Flag Post

I am considering attempting to design a game based immediately after the fall of the Silver Empire – so, related to City-State in that it is part of the same world, but entirely distinct and incapable of coming into contact with it due to distance, time, and such.

It will require me to come up with interesting languages, cultures, geography, and such for an entire continent, but I think it could be awesome.

The general premise would be that the Empire, without its most capable bureaucrats, has fallen to pieces, barely able to sustain its bulk without their help. The Emperor abdicated and took up his ancient ancestral role as King of the Silver Kingdom, but was quickly deposed, leaving the newly-declared Silver Republic in turmoil. Meanwhile, the rest of the continent, while still nominally part of the nonexistent Silver Empire, has fallen into virtual anarchy. The few remaining aristocrats and bureaucrats who cling to the dream of a Silver Empire are trying to exert order, trying to reestablish control, and trying frantically to put a new Emperor on the throne, but their efforts are amounting to nothing.

You will all be regional nobility, of course, who are taking advantage of the situation to rebel and take as much goddamn power as possible. The story is subject to change, and I haven’t yet decided on several key details (time period, for example – Middle Ages, Renaissance, or Romantic?). If there’s enough interest (read: the interest of at least three regulars), I’ll make a list of things I can’t decide upon and post it up to be voted on so that I can continue hashing out the story and the rich environment that needs to exist for a game like this. If there isn’t, well, whatever, I have other ideas, and I don’t necessarily need a second game anyways.

Anyhow, there you have it, a rough sketch of my basic idea. The distinct lack of govsims is still freaking me out, as several recently started up and then died, so I feel that it is my duty to step up and fill the gap with an international govsim (think of City-State as a national, where everyone works together in one government; in this, everyone would be competing rather than cooperating).

Flag Post

WOLV: Sounds very interesting. But I dare you to add an rp element.

Flag Post

Ahh, so inconveinient.
Emperor:“I will take my role as king and re-unite the kingdome! Why does my soup taste funny?”
Anyways, interesting idea. I like the idea of a Renaissance time period, that is probably my favorite time period.
So yes, I’m interested.

Flag Post

Yes. Oh yes oh yes oh yes.
I am Grand Duke Jorikson II.