[Game-Related] The "Choose My Next Game!" Thread page 91

3800 posts

Flag Post

Did….

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jimbo14:

I was considering making a game like a mafia in one way, the roles are assigned, however the game is in roleplay format. You will all sign, then I work on the people, writing large biographies, you all have to find out what you have in common that links you to an event, you may submit one answer every 24 hours, and until you get it right I will randomly kill one person, silencing them making it harder. Would this work?

Flag Post

So every 24 hours is there a new event? Or is it only one event? It could definitely work if everyone puts in some effort.

Flag Post

No, its the same long complex event in which all characters are linked together. You will only know about your character, I will send you via pm, a long lengthy biography, most likely a real person with a few edits here and there to fit the plot, then you must figure out the link, and once you die, you may not talk anymore, making it harder. My only worry, is that everyone may just post there entire PM.

Flag Post

I’m thinking about hosting my 1st game it’ll be a mafia.

I’d need some help with the story and a tiny bit of help for the names of the role names.

If anyone will be willing to help please PM me.

Flag Post

Bump

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jimbo14:

No, its the same long complex event in which all characters are linked together. You will only know about your character, I will send you via pm, a long lengthy biography, most likely a real person with a few edits here and there to fit the plot, then you must figure out the link, and once you die, you may not talk anymore, making it harder. My only worry, is that everyone may just post there entire PM.

Presign

Flag Post

Pick ANY OLD GAME OF MINE

Its that simple. I cannot guarantee it will be ‘as is’ but thats just how things work.

Flag Post

We need some good ol’ suvival cyops with people landing on an island.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Anime_Shadow:

Y.E.S.

Originally posted by developous:

Its that simple. I cannot guarantee it will be ‘as is’ but thats just how things work.

Can I have a list?

Flag Post

Too many, myhome16.
Just look back for the last few pages or so. Just about all of them are locked… so that will make it sorta easier.

Flag Post
Originally posted by myhome16:

Y.E.S.

Originally posted by developous:

Can I have a list?

Somebody agrees with meh!

Want meh to make it? I won’t put too much effort into it and I will not, and never will, draw a picture of stick people doing stuff. Imagination is key. :)

Flag Post

Ehh….

People say I should do plan out my games before making them. I may as well create a major discussion involving ideas I have and such, rating how willing I am to host such a game.

Flag Post

I can swing my sword sword

Flag Post

I can swing my sword sword

off topic, And I can’t watch it fully because my cumputer shuts it off at 1:23:21. Palindrome, get it?

Originally posted by myhome16:

Want meh to make it?

sure

Flag Post

I want some help refining my game idea. Please comment and give ideas.
Percy jackson and the olympions spin off
Every player is a half-blood, (half god, half human) with one parent being a greek god and one parent being human. All the players start at camp half blood where the can train their skills. (ie. sword fighting, archery, trap making, making magic items)
They can go out on missions to kill monsters and fight evil half bloods. The combat system would include how skilled you are with your weapon and your parent god. (You can channel some of their power.) The players can turn evil also, they would still have to fight creatures and half-bloods.
There is more than one way to win, you can win by impressing the gods so much that they make you immortal. Or if your evil you can win by killing off all the good half-bloods. There would be other ways to win also.

Flag Post

After Godfather Pinocchio is over(which will be fast because I designed it so that the killing starts fast, is very bloody and doesn’t end easily), what sort of game do you want me to make? TCG? CYOP? Mafia? RPG? Any special mechanics you want me to add(etc. walfordking’s “mafia time limit”)?

Flag Post

o.0 So. Many. Choices.

Originally posted by helltank:

After Godfather Pinocchio is over(which will be fast because I designed it so that the killing starts fast, is very bloody and doesn’t end easily), what sort of game do you want me to make? TCG? CYOP? Mafia? RPG? Any special mechanics you want me to add(etc. walfordking’s “mafia time limit”)?

Perhaps a red versus blue mafia and the neutral townies?

Both mafias have one role that can turn a townie to their side. If both mafia leaders choose the same person, they die. Maybe have one townie investigator…

Flag Post

So how about:

Red
Red Leader:Can turn one townie to the side of Red. If he chooses the same guy as Blue Leader, the townie dies.
Red Goons(x3):Can vote.

Townie
Townies(x4):Can vote.

Blue
Blue Leader:See Red Leader.
Blue Goons:See Red Goons.

Red Win Condition
There are no more townies and there are more Red people than Blue people.

Blue Win Condition
See Red Win Condition.

Townie Win Condition
When there are no more townies and the number of Red and Blue people are equal, the original townies win.

Flag Post

Nomads

You and 7 other hikers were just going on a simple 1 week adventure when the lands looked dangerously foreign and extremely unknown to your entrouge. YOur goal is to simply survive this situation, discover where you got to, and esccape the vast wilderness that simply changed in the first place.

Worth a 2nd game?

Flag Post

I have an idea for an RP.

Mephisto Imperium
Demonic forces have launched an assault on Earth fresh from their successful obliteration of Heaven. The world is plunged into terror at the onslaught of these monsters, and with no angel reinforcements, the soldiers of Earth are on their own.

Meanwhile, Mephisto, exiled from Hell in a coup organized by the thirteen Lords of Hell, has been making himself stronger by exploiting Earth citizens’ fear. He offers them enough power to survive the war in return for only a fraction of their soul. You are one of these people.

The mechanics of the game works like this:When making a character, you can choose the level of power your character has. The more power, the less Soul he has.

The pros of being more powerful are obvious:being able to perform magic and surviving mortal wounds. The cons are less obvious. You see, the less Soul you have, the more demonic you are. Those with not much Soul will frequently transform into demons, blindly killing everything around them. Transforming into a demon is not pretty. You will destroy and kill everything around you, and most likely screw up whatever goal you’re working towards.

Oh yes, the objective the the game is to assassinate the thirteen Lords of Hell. Mephisto will show up occasionally as a wild-card character. He might give you advice, or blast aside obstacles in your way, or he might lead a faction of demons still loyal to him to overrun a town, forcing you to make a large detour as you have to travel around the demon-infested town.

Every time you kill a Lord of Hell, Mephisto will be in your debt, and you can ask him for a favor(like killing a garrison of demons in your way, or freeing one of your teammates from a maximum security prison, or teleporting everyone to the other side of an annoying mountain).

Flag Post

I can still make this-

Percy jackson and the olympions spin off
Every player is a half-blood, (half god, half human) with one parent being a greek god and one parent being human. All the players start at camp half blood where the can train their skills. (ie. sword fighting, archery, trap making, making magic items)
They can go out on missions to kill monsters and fight evil half bloods. The combat system would include how skilled you are with your weapon and your parent god. (You can channel some of their power.) The players can turn evil also, they would still have to fight creatures and half-bloods.
There is more than one way to win, you can win by impressing the gods so much that they make you immortal. Or if your evil you can win by killing off all the good half-bloods. There would be other ways to win also.

Or I could run a mafia. I think I’ll try one with 3 or 4 mostly equal sides all trying to win.

Flag Post

Gameception
A revised version of One of those games about games with a cooler title and a place for the real world.
Colors, metals, and gems, oh my!
I have been rather interested in Pokemon recently, and some part of my brain started thinking of an rp for it.
Takes place sufficiently past the games, anime, and manga that all the main characters are dead. I don’t think I would exactly be able to predict what they would do, so this provides a way for me to go over gym battles and suchlike, by inserting my own characters that I can predict the actions of. Oh, and I made new formulas because I’m too lazy to find the actual ones.
Other
If you would like to suggest a basic idea, I would be glad to fill in the details and make it.

Flag Post

Is nobody going to comment on my ideas? :(

Flag Post

It’s been a while since I failed to opperate The Organisation successfully, partly because my P.I. went inactive, who I should have chosen better. The logistics of the missions were difficult to plan, and I had people who had waited too long for thier mission had disappeared.

Anyway, one day I plan to ressurect The Organisation and this time to do it justice.

But right now, I have several Ideas that I would like to discuss. The first is simply the setting, I haven’t completely decided plot and alot of that kind of thing yet so I would like opinions before I develop it further.

The first one doesn’t have a name yet, it involves six planets, all with different and very diverse landscapes and magic, vastly different cultures, but first I will explain what I consider the capital planet.

Ironport The Ironwrights of Ironport built their planet up on a foundation of stone and steel, extending the reach of their cities beyond their normal capacities until the whole face of the planet was consumed by the buildings, except for the seas and channels that connect them, snakes of lake and river. The Ironport has several layers, a bottom layer that collects the trash, the poor and the unfortunate. And the top layer which has lots of natural light, the rich live up on the surface layer, including the founders and STRYKE forces.

There are also a couple of organisations on the capital planet when the game would begin.

STRYKE forces the STRYKE forces are a Police/SAS organisation, known for ruthlessly enforcing law with violence. Also used in military action against rebellions. The STRYKE force uses magical technology supplied by the Founders.

The Founders doctors, craftsmen and engineers who rely on magic and Korva technology. The founders created all the Magitech in the solar system including the ability of space travel that slowly linked the Ironport over the last 50 years to the other 5 worlds. The founders worked with the purist form of magic, not restricted by elements, but devoid of the imagination and force of will of the elemental magics. Korva is the only thing that gives magic permanent shape, mined in great amounts from the Orspheres by the Founders (moons made of Korva metal, which are unshiny gold in colour that orbit Ironport).

At the start when I first started work on this, all I had was the idea of Korva, the Founders and Ironport, then I realised the city isn’t perhaps as diverse as the city so I decided to add other planets.
The other planets are more simple and less civilised.

Seaport A large amount of the world is sea, with patchy lake and rock. Almost no vegetation weathers the heavy storms. The capital city of the Seaport, Warrick, is made up of large stone buildings and forts, but is comparatively to the other planets, quite a small city.

Umberport The world of Umberport they live in is thick with sparse/open forests. There are many rivers crisscrossing the planet keeping the forests fertile. All the rivers lead to one big ovular sea, the Refrain. The city of Autumnwatch is mostly wood and stone, full of vegetation and domesticated animals such as cattle, poultry, karhounds and canines. The city overlooks the great lake, second biggest lake before the Refrain. On the other side of the planet, however, is covered with dangerous jungle, growing denser until a point where one can no longer traverse it. The mages of Autumnwatch know the Jungle is spreading outwards and will eventually consume the planet.

Skyport The world of Skywrights is large, covered in long plains and vast canyons and ridges. The current Lord Skywright rules over the second biggest city (other than Ironport) that consists of the entire length of one canyon, and the river from one sea to the next. The populace live on wooden structures on the cliff face connected up by rope and ladders.

There are also another two planets.
Duskport
Wildport

Anyway, the other idea is further along plot production and has a name, but it is set in alternate earth, rather than a completely different world.

The First Gate
Brazil is a devastated warzone, expert human fighters warred with guns, fists down to tooth and nail to procure an object of great value. The Meteor Shard that contained something that would shake the foundations of the planet. The fighting became bloodier by the day, so an elite force was sent in to end the conflict. Several people who would fight and change the world. There are those who would prevent them, but as they delve deeper into the jungle, this conflict starts to look not all that it seemed at first.

So essentially the players are this elite force who are thrust into the jungle and eventually start to develop supernatural powers, that come with a sort of “Price”. Alot of strange things start to happen in the very centre of the jungle around where they find the Meteor Shard but that’s as far as I can go without starting to compromise the real main plot which kicks off in the middle of the jungle.

@Wecooler
I would be interested by all the olympian greek history stuff, but am put off by how it seems to be replicating the kind of MMO grind thing. But still a good concept in the making. I’d like to see this but adapted to be more than just combat against monsters and half bloods. Otherwise, sounds like a quite nice concept, just be careful. It sounds like something that depends on the execution of the game, a cool system needs a cool plot to balance it out if you know what I mean.

@dreamsdragon
I’d definately be interested to see that pokemon game definately, but it depends on whether you can make it well (as with any game, sure.) The monster battle scene has been done quite a bit in kongregate.

@helltank
Sounds very parsed, but the concept is amazingly cool. The soul/power balance might make some quite fun plot/side plots. The problem is, there is a possibility that the game could descend into just fighting, and people might well get bored of that (the purely combat games I’ve seen in the past have ended up not going well at all. In the end they end up just disappearing.