[Game-related]FG Newstopic Idea

240 posts

Flag Post

The FG Newstopic is an idea I had a long time ago, but dismissed. Now that our gamers are growing to almost 75 people or over, I think now would be a good time for some of those that aren’t Master Thread editors to run a Forum games Newstopic[Newspaper]

I forgot about it until Kilozombie made the interview thing :P
Anyone support this? Of course Kilozombie would join in with his interviews, and I would make an account for this. This might not be a daily Newstopic, but at least weekly.

Sections

Kong News
Forum News
Forum Game of the Day/Week
Interviews
Polls
Comics
Advice
Short Story

Flag Post

Uh… How many comics in the comics section?!

Flag Post

I can do FG game of the Day/Week, maybe Polls.

Flag Post

I support this, and will join if you make an advice column/letter to the paper section.

Flag Post

Okay.
There are going to be 3 user-made comics. PS: Mild art skill and good humor needed

Also, polls are simply things like which games are better, and favorite game category, etc.

Flag Post
Originally posted by kashuushian1542:

Okay.
There are going to be 3 user-made comics. PS: Mild art skill and good humor needed

Also, polls are simply things like which games are better, and favorite game category, etc.

Okay, I can do that.

Flag Post

I’d assist.

I’m good at writing.

Art? Not so much.

Whatever you need I could do.

It sounds like an awesome idea. Really helps to bring the community closer together.

Flag Post

I could give making a comic a go.

Flag Post

We should merge this topic and the Interviews topic. There’s no point in having two topics open that share a very similar purpose.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fogfun:

I’d assist.

I’m good at writing.

Art? Not so much.

Whatever you need I could do.

It sounds like an awesome idea. Really helps to bring the community closer together.

You could do news, or I could make a Short Story section and you could do that. I don’t want to have too many people, at a maximum of 10 or 15 people helping out. Can’t have everyone on this. But any suggestions would be nice, and any regular can join. Although for those who aren’t regulars, I won’t trust them completely and so the ones already on the team can vote on them. I have decided that this will be daily, with comics needed every day. They can always be submitted via PM by the viewers for the purpose of having a reserve for when someone can’t get a comic in every day [which will probably be every couple of days]

Spots

Kong News editor:
Forum News editor:
Forum game of the week editor: This_is_Creative
Reporter: Kilozombie if he wants to
Poll manager:
Cartoonists: KingofLlamas, Ghostreconz
Advice: Mysterymason
Short Story Author: Fogfun if he wants to

EDIT: SupHomies, I am waiting for Kilozombie to decide on that. If he doesn’t want to then I will get rid of the Reporter

Flag Post

I could give comic-making a try. You’re accepting more than one person for every spot?

Flag Post

I’ll do the advice section.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ghostreconz:

I could give comic-making a try. You’re accepting more than one person for every spot?

3 cartoonists, but one of everything else. One guy can’t easily make 3 cartoons, and 3 cartoonists makes the total amount of people in this 10.

Flag Post

I accept the merging, but my thread can be for discussing interviews and signing up for interviews.

Flag Post

I’d rather do FG of the day than Polls.

Flag Post
Originally posted by EbilWulf:

I support this, and will join if you make an advice column/letter to the paper section.

Cough. Cough cough.

Flag Post
Originally posted by kilozombie:

I accept the merging, but my thread can be for discussing interviews and signing up for interviews.

Okay, sounds good. I will make the account soon, and PM everyone right after I make the real topic, which should be in around 10-15 hours. It depends.

Flag Post

Cough. Cough cough.

And? Advice will include that, and if you want to have the job I can give you that. Mysterymason would need another job of course…

Flag Post

Alright, here’s my opinion on these things:

First off, they should be allowed to be done by anyone. For instance, the advice column – Everyone here has advice. If just one person gave advice, they’d run out fast. [Seeing the new posts, it’s been giving to MM. No offense to him, I hope he sees where I’m coming from.]

Same with short stories. I may be able to pull things out of thin air in relatively short amounts of time, but a short story every day? And by me? … You’d get tired of my stories quickly.

Plus, I’d like to contribute to news, advice, polls, etc. Cartoons, I could provide ideas.

Basically, I think it would be cool if this were more than just a community-run project… More like a ‘Community Project.’ And yes, I am aware that these are more or less the exact same thing.

So yeah. Just my two cents.

EDIT: So in other words, no ‘jobs’. Positions… But they can be changed daily to be filled by different people. Hell, I can even see people collaborating on certain things, like the advice column – supplementing each others ideas and whatnot.

Flag Post

Poll manager, But can I donate a couple of comics that I made into the paper one week. It is 33 panels long.

Flag Post

Eh. I guess Fog’s right. In a sense.

Flag Post

Anyways, I’ve been thinking about the short story thing for a little. I’m assuming that a multiple-part story would be fine? Obviously, not too long – Like I said, you’d get bored of my writing – but I doubt that I could continuously pump out short stories. I generally turn them into larger ones when I get to thinking of the possibilities.

Flag Post

I agree with fog Its just was a TL;DR at first.

Flag Post

EDIT: And, you just deleted your post…

Flag Post

Maybe include this in the kongregate news Email we already get once a month. It already tells you about the new games and editors pick. That’s only flash games thou. Nothing about the forums, plus kongregate is on Facebook and Twitter now.

So maybe, we could do the news in other ways to bring people to the forums. On Facebook, we could advertise the Forum Games Forum on the kongregate page. The possiblities are endless.

The short stories could be about your time on kongregate, like how the FGF came about, how you make games on the forums.

Don’t just do it on kongregate.