General Thread page 158

24510 posts

Flag Post

There.

Flag Post

Also, is regular supposed to need anything more than “been here for a long time”? Should there be a possible process to boot someone out of regular-ship and the rights that come with it?

My suggestion is to make regularship exactly what you’re saying it is – just an indicator someone’s been here for long enough to be known.

Special rights for approving second games and such should go to some further, appointed caste. The first ones of that caste could be appointed by mods, then they could pick further members of the community by themselves, using blatant favoritism.

Regularship couldn’t be removed – belonging to the higher caste could.

…we did have a council, right?

Flag Post

Yeah, a council does exist. Not sure about the members though. But, we could re-elect. Anyway, I think a council would be the perfect group of people to approve. There’s a difference between being here a while and being intelligent enough to know what’s good for the community or not. A council of, say, 20 members, would be a good group of people to decide or not.

Flag Post

So you guys wish to instate a council of people with higher decision rights?

20 seems like a good number, we don’t have many people anyway.

Flag Post

We need a system to decide who will elect into this council. I’m thinking we could go through the regular list and decide yes or no to the people we think would be a good member of the council. But that seems pretty time consuming.

Any other ideas?

Flag Post

Although there are obvious choices and it will be easy to proceed from there, perhaps a nomination and vote?
We still need to see how everybody else thinks about this.

Flag Post

Either way seems cool. If someone out there wants to put in the time to say yes or no to every person down the list, then they can go for it.

Otherwise, the nomination/vote system is good too.

Flag Post

I agree about the council thing.

I think it’ll help lots.

Flag Post

Do we need a mod’s permission for something like this?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kidudeman:

Do we need a mod’s permission for something like this?

I wouldn’t think so.

Also, with the yes or no approach, that would be one person, and their opinion alone isn’t as valuable as many. I think we should go for the nominate and vote approach, or something of that form.

Flag Post

So how are we going to nominate? Is everyone going to nominate someone, or are some people going to nominate themselves/others?

Flag Post

Well, I suppose we could perhaps go through this process and if needed, ask a mod in the end before we actually hand out higher abilities. Anyway, Google Doc, perhaps?

We could post a list of regulars and then clean out the list from AFKs, and start voting officially from there with mod permission.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kidudeman:

Well, I suppose we could perhaps go through this process and if needed, ask a mod in the end before we actually hand out higher abilities. Anyway, Google Doc, perhaps?

I could post a list of regulars from MFGFT that I feel are active and people could edit the list from there and start voting.

That sounds like a good idea. We could hijack this chat to discuss editing the list.

Flag Post

Argh, MM Ninja’d my edit. I shall be posting a list shortly, and we can start by removing anyone that hasn’t been online for one month.

Scratch that, somebody else C+V the list and I will just help clean it. I won’t be online for almost a day from now.

Flag Post

We have copied the reg list and removed everybody who hasn’t logged in to Kong recently, at this point we could paste the list and start da voten.

Flag Post

Seems good to me

Flag Post

Come here to discuss the council list.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Minnakht:

Also, is regular supposed to need anything more than “been here for a long time”? Should there be a possible process to boot someone out of regular-ship and the rights that come with it?

My suggestion is to make regularship exactly what you’re saying it is – just an indicator someone’s been here for long enough to be known.

Special rights for approving second games and such should go to some further, appointed caste. The first ones of that caste could be appointed by mods, then they could pick further members of the community by themselves, using blatant favoritism.

Regularship couldn’t be removed – belonging to the higher caste could.

…we did have a council, right?

If this is spurned ONLY by me, your fools, not seeing the greater evil in doing so.
As for the rights in question, dont be a jerk. If there are such abusers in the regulars, you should punish THEM and not the system.

Fixing the Self-Approving loophole in Rule #7 – approved: This definitely makes sense.

Adding Disapprovals to Rule #7 – denied: DONT spoil the enjoyment of others on account of an abusive fool. Punish HIM instead.

Should there be a way to remove Regular-ship from someone? – neutral: I can agree, but only if you DONT remove me EVER. I have tried to reason with you, hate or no hate, and you are blackmailing me for my actions, when you should be looking at intent.

A higher councel – See above.

Since there is CLEARLY enough hate, this is a public appology. Your right, I was rude and brutal about it, but you need to understand I never mean to cause harm – goes with my intents. Whether you can accept it or not, just about every action is backed by such.

So yes, I will fully appologise for my actions but thats it.

Flag Post

[I can’t resist making this joke.]

[Dev is a masochist.]

Flag Post

OK, here is the list that we have refined:

AAAAPPLE
BCLEGENDS (England) – 6
Blood_Shadow – 8
Bluji (Finland) – 13
Captain_Catface – 3
coolo2011 (England) – 2
CYrusmaster (Finland)
Drovoxx – 3
Firespread (USA) – 2
Gambi69(USA) – 3
HappyYay(USA) – 4
helltank(Singapore) – 3
Hyped
Jimbo14 (USA)
Kidudeman – 1
Knoob85687 (Scotland) – 4
MasterCheif987 (USA)
Minnakht (Poland) – 10
Mysterymason (England) – 13
N1NjA546
racefan12 (USA) – 4
reaper765(Canada)
rosate(USA) – 1
S_98 (Malaysia) – 2
SamsterSamster (England) – 8
SilentSam (USA) – 1
SpiritfChaos
stone667 – 1
Taiboss (Austria) – 2
tttttt(England)
undeadcupcake3 (USA) – 1
Woon1957 (Malaysia) – 1
Zzzip50 (China) – 2

Everyone has 5 votes to whoever. Choose wisely, it’s 33 → 20. Also, no self votes.

Flag Post

I vote Bluji, Kidudeman, MInnakht, racefan12 and Blood_Shadow.

Flag Post

BCLEGENDS
Blood_Shadow
MysteryMason
Minnakht
Bluji.

Those are my votes.

Flag Post

1 vote from me to:
Mysterymason
HappyYay
C_C
Bluji
Minnakht

There are a lot more, but I think these people will make the absolute best council members.
Also,

FIRESPREAD FOR COUNCIL MEMBER 2012!

Flag Post

Are editors “excluded”, or are all equally?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Firespread:

FIRESPREAD FOR COUNCIL MEMBER 2012!