General Thread page 679

24160 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by myhome16:
Originally posted by Zzzip50:
Originally posted by Stone667:

We’re not, just a wave of n00b level trolls.

hi father

No, I am pretty sure that Stone is not your father…

nooo

damn it jaskaran lied to me

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

However, if the ForumGames account would be modded, the FGF community would lose its right to decide who get to use the account, as admins would have to carefully consider who would receive the password to the account. This would at first slow down the account usage and could lead the already slightly inactive Master Thread hosting down to its doom. (Oh, and because it’s been such a big deal with the inactivity of the thread, I’m going to confirm that yes, the current editors have been discussing the applications of people and we’re most likely rather soon going to accept new editors.)

Well I lost the password when it was changed, I just assumed I was removed for inactivity.

Flag Post

Yes, I agree a chatroom(to use your example) shouldn’t prevent new people from joining, but if some whacko comes in and starts spamming up hte place(similar to how continuous games are taking over the front page and ruining our precious Post to Topic Ratio) they should kick him out, no? Especially when there’s a clear rule stating not to spam(in our case, not to make any continuous games)?

My point is, that continuous games aren’t spam.

Wait, who said that we should discourage people from joining?

DragonArcher and NinjaMaster, among others.

If the problem is that people are creating games that go against current forum guidelines, then someone needs to enforce those guidelines (or perhaps the guidelines are too strict and should be reviewed). But if the problem is that people are creating a bunch of games that you personally don’t care for, that’s your problem. Don’t ruin the fun of others just because they’re creating an inconvenience for you.

Flag Post

They aren’t spam? If I’m a 24 post newbie and I create a game called “Count to 10000” and when it gets locked I create two games, “Count to 50000” and “rate the above guy’s avatar”, then there are now three completely useless threads on the front page of the FGF.

Flag Post
Originally posted by helltank:

They aren’t spam? If I’m a 24 post newbie and I create a game called “Count to 10000” and when it gets locked I create two games, “Count to 50000” and “rate the above guy’s avatar”, then there are now three completely useless threads on the front page of the FGF.

But that situation is against the current guidelines, so it indeed should be dealt with.

However, in that situation, the person making the threads shouldn’t just be “kicked out”. He should be told (preferably by someone in authority, though this forum seems to have a continual issue with not wanting authority) that what he is doing is wrong, and exactly why it is wrong. The best community members are often the ones who once broke the rules only to later change their ways.

Let me put it this way: Some of the classic continuous games like Corrupt-a-wish, This or That, or even The List wouldn’t be allowed today if some of the suggestions I’ve seen in this thread were put into place. Do you really want that? Continuous games are the easiest to make and to play, and as such, they’re the springboard for introducing new members into this forum. Without them, this forum will die, and probably sooner rather than later.

Flag Post

Which is why I think we shouldn’t kick out continuous games, but rather censor them so only the good ones like the List can be allowed while “Count to 50000” will be kicked out. The game’s creator will be dealt with normally(ie. informed of the rules and asked to stop).

Flag Post

Which is why I think we shouldn’t kick out continuous games, but rather censor them so only the good ones like the List can be allowed while “Count to 50000” will be kicked out. The game’s creator will be dealt with normally(ie. informed of the rules and asked to stop).

Which is exactly what the current guidelines do. Am I missing something? Because it looks like there’s this big revolution starting up to do something that is already addressed by the current guidelines.

If something requires no thought to post in, it’s spam and should be removed. Any other continuous game, even if you don’t think it’s a good game, should be allowed. We don’t have a quality threshold (other than non-spam) for any other genre of game, so we shouldn’t have one for continuous games, either.

Flag Post

Excuse me but I didn’t say I want to discourage people from joining, I just said that continuous games clutter up the front page.

Flag Post
Originally posted by NinjaMaster131:

Excuse me but I didn’t say I want to discourage people from joining, I just said that continuous games clutter up the front page.

He’s right,they really do.Maybe we could split Forum Games?A forum called “Proper Forum Games” and one called “Continuous Forum Games”…Probably not possible.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

However, if the ForumGames account would be modded, the FGF community would lose its right to decide who get to use the account, as admins would have to carefully consider who would receive the password to the account. This would at first slow down the account usage and could lead the already slightly inactive Master Thread hosting down to its doom. (Oh, and because it’s been such a big deal with the inactivity of the thread, I’m going to confirm that yes, the current editors have been discussing the applications of people and we’re most likely rather soon going to accept new editors.)

Err… can’t we strike a deal with the admins to trust out fairer judgement? And come on, they can’t limit special mods to special regions of the site?

The List wouldn’t be allowed today

Meh.

Originally posted by racefan12:

Which is exactly what the current guidelines do. Am I missing something? Because it looks like there’s this big revolution starting up to do something that is already addressed by the current guidelines.

If something requires no thought to post in, it’s spam and should be removed. Any other continuous game, even if you don’t think it’s a good game, should be allowed. We don’t have a quality threshold (other than non-spam) for any other genre of game, so we shouldn’t have one for continuous games, either.

The point is, the people want a distinction between the legal and illegal, as the most of it is grey area, which springs up a problem when you see that there is not much of an authority body here in FGF. A few other forums on ohter websites have forum mods, even though they are rather dormant, I don’t see why going further than the Master FGF Thread can really hurt the forums.

Flag Post

The List would be allowed today >:u

It really isn’t a true continuous in my opinion.

Although I would prefer a higher standard of continuous games allowed here.

Even if race doesnt consider a majority of the front page, Relate two things! and Fortunately Unfortunately!, or ABC Game! spam, I would like to point out its just as bad.

Things like Ather City as far as I know ran itself and would therefore be continuous, and those are the ideal continuous I imagine.

Flag Post

hi father

nooo

No. Myhome is lying to you, stone is your father.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:

hi father

nooo

No. Myhome is lying to you, stone is your father.

:(….:o….:D!

Flag Post

The point is, the people want a distinction between the legal and illegal, as the most of it is grey area,

How do you expect to come up with a definition that would apply to every continuous game that will ever be created? You can’t. There will always be a gray area—that’s why people have to use their judgment to determine if a game should be allowed or not.

Actually, I just thought of a new radical solution: Get rid of rule 5 entirely. It’ll certainly get rid of the gray area. As far as spam—if a person tries to create more than one continuous game, they’ll still be disallowed because of rule 7. If a person creates a game and no one thinks the game is good, they won’t post in it and the game will die. And if even two people are having fun in a game, why should you stop them? If you don’t like a game, just ignore it. It’s what I do with all the RPs and strategy games I don’t like. This isn’t like the old FG where there was a limit on the number of threads that can be active at one time—here, I don’t see a problem with having 200 continuous games going at one time as long as none of the other rules were being broken.

(Besides, if a “game” really doesn’t have any ability to play, then you could get creative and close the game under rule 6 (or even rule 4), because obviously they’re not posting to play a game.)

Flag Post

Oh, good idea. Only that we could always try to make them other rules a little m9re specific…

Flag Post

no race thats terrible.

Flag Post

that MS Paint skill

Flag Post

Actually I think race’s suggestion should be considered. But if only two peeps are having fun in a game and it’s cluttering up the forum for the 100 other people who want to play Ather City or Darkspell or whatever…

Meh. who am I to discriminate based on game size.

Flag Post

No its fucking terrible, its basically destroying the barrier we had for a long time and letting FGF disintegrate into a bunch of Type What The Above Poster Posted With Your Toes!

I do see a freaking large problem with 200 continuous games at once.

It’s not something people can just naturally ignore, like that scenario Race posted.

Situations like that grow and become more and more noticeable.

We had a moment of doubt with Gevock and look what happened, wave of newbies flooding at least half the front page with worthless games.

Is this what you want FGF to be?

Is removing this “gray area” and making everything objective all we care about?

What happened to FGF’s pride we had a long time ago when i was first here?

Flag Post

Race, that’s a dumb suggestion.

Flag Post

I’m back after trying to heal my computer addiction. Hellow. :3

Flag Post

I would like to announce that Spellbladery is now in signup stage.

Flag Post

Wrong one, you want the Master FGF thread.

Flag Post
Originally posted by thecartm:

Wrong one, you want the Master FGF thread.

woopseedaisy.

Flag Post

Is thecartm a reg?