General Thread page 542

25013 posts

Flag Post

My parents let my play COD 5 when I was 8. I don’t think it affected me in any way.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mysterymason:

My parents let my play COD 5 when I was 8. I don’t think it affected me in any way.

COD 5 came out in 2008.
That means you’re 12! inb4banbanbanbanbanbanban

Edit:

Really? I was 10 then.

Then it was CoD3

Flag Post

Really? I was 10 then.

Flag Post

You send Lolis over Skype? You realize they’re illegal, right?

[Not in America, so Tracy is totally fine.]

EDIT:

[Actually, my mother let me play Grand Theft Auto when I was eight.]

[What it did was help me realise the point of Grand Theft Auto is to cheat at it, run around shooting things and then get bored]

[Also I just realised, it sounds like I was the one who sent fisting lolis to Tracy considering that he only listed my name]

[This would be weird]

EDIT EDIT:

You send Lolis over Skype? You realize they’re illegal, right?

[This is illegal you know.]

Flag Post

I wake up today throwing up, what an awesome way to start my birthday.

Flag Post

My parents didn’t password-lock my computer because of sex, violence, or other mature content; those subject matters never even came up once in any discussion with my parents. No, they did it because they thought games, or entertainment in general, was a complete waste of my time, and I should just study instead. My father explicitly said once that if he had the power, he’d delete at least 80% of all content on a gaming forum I used to regularly visit, if not all of it. Hence, for the past eight years or so I haven’t spent a single dollar on entertainment. True, they bought me a laptop and an iPod Touch, but that’s because those devices are not for entertainment only; they’d never buy me a gaming console for example. And even though my parents have the decency to stop monitoring or limiting my computer usage now that I’m technically an adult, I still compulsively delete my browser history, and face my computer screen away from the door of my room so they can’t see what I’m doing when they come in. And whenever they come in, I automatically minimize or turn off all windows that are not related to schoolwork, because it just makes me so intensely uncomfortable to have them see my daring to do anything other than studying.

Originally posted by reaper765:

I wake up today throwing up, what an awesome way to start my birthday.

At least now you know your day will get better, probably.

Flag Post

[Studying?]

[Asian people have a weird way of doing things-I just learn things as there is a need to, and I don’t need to be hounded about studying, except for Modern Languages.]

Flag Post

Maybe it’s because the grading scale is different for Asians.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Asian+Grading+Scale

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blood_Shadow:

Maybe it’s because the grading scale is different for Asians.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Asian+Grading+Scale

[I still consider a ‘3’ (we have numbers for gradings in Standard Grade, with 1 being the optimum grade and 7 being a fail) a failure in anything other than Modern Languages, if it wasn’t on a test where the highest mark is a 3.]

[The only reason getting a 2 the other day in English wasn’t disappointing was because I was writing about a play I couldn’t understand a word of (Romeo and Juliet).]

[Surprisingly, my approach gets me some of the best marks in my year.]

[Then again, we don’t have very many Asian people. The people in the year above (apparently the best year so far) were an ordinary Scot, an Irish girl and two people I don’t quite remember, though one of them certainly had a foreign name.]

Flag Post

I dislike how the A in either scale is so easy to attain that everyone is considered to be capable of it.

In the Polish scale, there’s just numbers from 1 to 6. Higher is better.
And the numbers are set correctly, not too low.

Getting a 6 is pretty much impossible sometimes – some teachers don’t even consider it. When they do, it requires extracurricular material.
Getting a 5 is also quite the achievement. In a test, you typically must have over ninety percent points available to get it. And if you want to get a 5 as your overall grade for some subject/class/whatever, then if it’s calculated using a weighted(or not) mean, you see how difficult it’d be.
Suffice to say there are people who are happy to get a 2, since it’s a passing grade.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Minnakht:

I dislike how the A in either scale is so easy to attain that everyone is considered to be capable of it.

In the Polish scale, there’s just numbers from 1 to 6. Higher is better.
And the numbers are set correctly, not too low.

Getting a 6 is pretty much impossible sometimes – some teachers don’t even consider it. When they do, it requires extracurricular material.
Getting a 5 is also quite the achievement. In a test, you typically must have over ninety percent points available to get it. And if you want to get a 5 as your overall grade for some subject/class/whatever, then if it’s calculated using a weighted(or not) mean, you see how difficult it’d be.
Suffice to say there are people who are happy to get a 2, since it’s a passing grade.

[If they don’t actually teach you it in a class, why would they bother testing you on it?]

[School’s not only to teach you more basic stuff but to test your capability to learn in general.]

Flag Post

The Asian grading scale I linked above was an accurate description of the standard I used on myself back in China. A is average, B is really bad. In fact, it’s still the standard I use on myself right now. So yes, that does mean I get “really bad” marks all the time right now in university.

Flag Post

Where I live not many people care about their education so they our grading scale is
Pass= Good
Fail= Bad

I’m the same way.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blood_Shadow:

The Asian grading scale I linked above was an accurate description of the standard I used on myself back in China. A is average, B is really bad. In fact, it’s still the standard I use on myself right now. So yes, that does mean I get “really bad” marks all the time right now in university.

Originally posted by reaper765:

Where I live not many people care about their education so they our grading scale is
Pass= Good
Fail= Bad

I’m the same way.

[Occasionally I use the scale;

Better than everyone else = Good;
Worse than anyone else = Bad.]

Flag Post

Flag Post

I’ve been looking through my old CDs and laughing at then hilarious band pictures, Rush’s 2112, Slayer’s Show No Mercy and Children of Bodom’s Blooddrunk have the most unintentionally hilarious pictures, especially Alex Lifeson in Rush.

Flag Post

I recently got Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 for PC and it is brilliant.

Flag Post

Call of Duty has to be the worst franchise ever.

Flag Post

coughtonyharksandcookingmamaandgamepartygamescough

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kidudeman:

Call of Duty has to be the worst franchise ever.

[BUT WHAT IF MY LITTLE PONY]

[Apart from that though, yes.]

Flag Post

[My Little Pony is great as long as you never watch it.]

Flag Post

[My Little Pony is great as long as you never watch it.]

[Or ever come into contact with anything related to it.]

[Remember, unbelievable as it sounds, the fandom is the worst part despite how horrible the show is.]

[Also Kidude do you even Touhou]

Flag Post

[No Touhou, But I like Anime/Manga, which is also Japanese so that counts.]

Flag Post

[No Touhou, But I like Anime/Manga, which is also Japanese so that counts.]

[Y U NO TOUHOU]

[ANIME/MANGA DOES NOT COUNT AS TOUHOU]

[ASDF]

[Seriously play Touhou. I do not have enough people to talk to about it.]

Flag Post

Papa’s Hotdogeria is out :(