General Thread page 580

24425 posts

Flag Post

So I just finished the third Death Note book, I gotta say it was better than I expected. The only problem I find with it is that I don’t like any of the characters so far.

Flag Post

So what you’re saying, Mr. Grandmotherburner, is that it is acceptable to be a jerk because you apologized after you did so as opposed to before you were a jerk?

A jerk (or more importantly, an idiot) is a jerk is a jerk.

And like I said. Sorry doesn’t cut it when you killed all of our grandmothers. Your apology means absolutely nothing to any of us because we all consider you to be a worthless, grandmother-killing idiot.

Flag Post
Originally posted by reaper765:

So I just finished the third Death Note book, I gotta say it was better than I expected. The only problem I find with it is that I don’t like any of the characters so far.

Did you get the pancakes?

Flag Post

Not yet, I know she’s holding out. Don’t worry though, I’ll get them eventually.

Flag Post

Death Note, IMO, isn’t about liking the characters. Your main characters are a psychotic anti-hero bent on something resembling world domination and an anti-social, awkward, sugar-eating genius who nobody can identify with at all.

(Having said that, I do love L quite a bit. He’s got a good character behind him.)

I really enjoyed the epic chessmaster battles though. The gambit pileups are really interesting to observe, and I think they’re what make DeathNote great.

Flag Post

4 avatars in two days… I really am on an avatar craze.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ajx300092:
Originally posted by JaumeBG:
Originally posted by ajx30009:

To everyone in forum games:You know how i was always acting like a jerk? well guess what that was all a joke, Now can some please PM the people that have me forum muted this.

So you being a jerk in the Master FGF Thread… I thought here you said you’d no longer be a jerk?

Look at the times please.

To the guys that share the account of the OP:Its illegal for people to share accounts with anyone.

This post was 6 hours ago.

To everyone in forum games:You know how i was always acting like a jerk? well guess what that was all a joke, Now can some please PM the people that have me forum muted this.

This post was five hours ago.

So i was only finshing up my last jerky conversation.

[So ajx promises to not be a jerk? Dev did that too. I wonder how long it’ll last… Probably a day.]

[I guess you could say he was having a ‘jerk-off’ day.]

Originally posted by InfiniteExpanse:

Death Note, IMO, isn’t about liking the characters. Your main characters are a psychotic anti-hero bent on something resembling world domination and an anti-social, awkward, sugar-eating genius who nobody can identify with at all.

(Having said that, I do love L quite a bit. He’s got a good character behind him.)

I really enjoyed the epic chessmaster battles though. The gambit pileups are really interesting to observe, and I think they’re what make DeathNote great.

[Death Note is about hating the characters after the first arc.]

Flag Post

It’s more than just disliking the characters, I don’t know who my least favourite is because I hate L and Light about the same. They tried to make Light seem like more of a protagonist by stating he was doing it for the greater good which only made me hate him more. Although, like I said, I’m only on the 4th book, perhaps my views will change. My girlfriend did say there was a character I would like but you don’t meet him until the 6th or 7th one. I do like Ryuk though.

Flag Post

It’s more than just disliking the characters, I don’t know who my least favourite is because I hate L and Light about the same. They tried to make Light seem like more of a protagonist by stating he was doing it for the greater good which only made me hate him more. Although, like I said, I’m only on the 4th book, perhaps my views will change. My girlfriend did say there was a character I would like but you don’t meet him until the 6th or 7th one. I do like Ryuk though.

[Light is a douchebaggy extremist. You’re supposed to hate his guts.]

[But wait L is a pretty cool guy how could you say this]

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

[Then I guess every day’s gonna be ‘jerk-off day’ for ajx.]

Flag Post
Originally posted by Knoob85687:

[Then I guess every day’s gonna be ‘jerk-off day’ for ajx.]

No further comment.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Knoob85687:

[Light is a douchebaggy extremist. You’re supposed to hate his guts.]

[But wait L is a pretty cool guy how could you say this]

I dunno, I’ve just slowly grown to hate him.

Flag Post

L is now a name?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jimbo14:

L is now a name?

Yeah, that was kinda weird, there’s also a dude named Light.

Flag Post

Light is a douchebaggy extremist. You’re supposed to hate his guts.

I rather like Light, actually. If only he was more honest with himself and admitted to wanting power for the sake of power. A little more self-understanding, and maybe he wouldn’t have-

Oops. Spoilers. I shouldn’t say anything more.

Yeah, that was kinda weird, there’s also a dude named Light.

His given name has the kanji for “moon”, but is actually somehow pronounced as “Raito” or “Light”. I don’t know nearly enough Japanese to know exactly how that works. Oh, and his family name means “night god”.

Flag Post

Spammers these days…

Flag Post

Well the main thing I look for is characters, and that’s with everything, games, books movies. I’m extremely picky with characters and most of the time I don’t know why I hate them. I think the only exception to this was Fallout, it had too many weak characters but at the same time it had an insane amount of them, the way they made memorable characters out of such little dialogue was great. So characters is the way to win my heart with entertainment.

Flag Post

Well the main thing I look for is characters, and that’s with everything, games, books movies. I’m extremely picky with characters and most of the time I don’t know why I hate them. I think the only exception to this was Fallout, it had too many weak characters but at the same time it had an insane amount of them, the way they made memorable characters out of such little dialogue was great. So characters is the way to win my heart with entertainment.

I personally find the plot or gameplay i find most important.
I want the plot to be enthralling, none of this “You killed my Friend RAAAAAAR

Gameplay i just want there to be lots of things to do and have a nice big world, games such as GTA and Skyrim i have enjoyed

Flag Post

Well obviously I go for gameplay also, it’s just coincidence that those games have top-notch gameplay and characters.

Flag Post

Skyrim was a disappointment for me.

Flag Post

[Oblivion was better.]

Flag Post

Flag Post

I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT!
Not really anything important.

I have decided to write a novel!
All through middle and high school, people tell me that I’m good at writing. I never believed them, mostly because not a lot of people get a chance to critique my work, because I’m sort of scared of criticism. So I figured, there is basically no better way to get criticism then release it as open viewing to the internet. So from now on I will be doing that. Probably in Off Topic, but if you guys would let me, I’d rather post it here chapter-by-chapter.

Also I’m really, really sorry if this sounds really self-centered, which is most likely does. I’m not trying to do that, I’m just trying to get some constructive criticism. So sorry.

Flag Post
Originally posted by NimbusCloud26:

I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT!
Not really anything important.

I have decided to write a novel!
All through middle and high school, people tell me that I’m good at writing. I never believed them, mostly because not a lot of people get a chance to critique my work, because I’m sort of scared of criticism. So I figured, there is basically no better way to get criticism then release it as open viewing to the internet. So from now on I will be doing that. Probably in Off Topic, but if you guys would let me, I’d rather post it here chapter-by-chapter.

Also I’m really, really sorry if this sounds really self-centered, which is most likely does. I’m not trying to do that, I’m just trying to get some constructive criticism. So sorry.

… this is a nice topic for OT.. but not for forum games… Seriously, read the forum name… FORUM GAMES, not STORY FORUMS. Read. Learn. Think.