General Thread page 596

24633 posts

Flag Post

Some people find it easier to do than others, but in my experience, if I’m stuck on a particular problem for an extended period of time, I often find it much easier to do if I get it off my mind by taking a break for a short while (~30 minutes) and then coming back to it. When you become fixated on trying to solve a problem, you often develop an extremely narrow, tunnel-vision view of the problem, and forcing yourself to take a break causes you to have to re-acclimate yourself to the problem, which can allow you to notice things that you had previously missed.

Flag Post

Anybody want to compete with me on Vocabulary.com ?

Flag Post
Originally posted by therealsirmark4:
Originally posted by Blood_Shadow:

Okay, so… What do you guys usually do to relieve frustration? Like, I’ve basically been working on a homework problem for two and a half hours straight, with no progress whatsoever. What would you do in this situation?

Listen to a happy song and laugh until I forget what I was frustrated about. Either that or play a really violent video game where you are a pesudo-god and kill random NPCs.

Watch cartoons and giggle at humour that is really not meant for you.

Flag Post

Okay, so… What do you guys usually do to relieve frustration? Like, I’ve basically been working on a homework problem for two and a half hours straight, with no progress whatsoever. What would you do in this situation?

I find something that makes me laugh until i can’t be angry anymore.

Check youtube, it rarely fails

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gladiator007:

Anybody want to compete with me on Vocabulary.com ?

I’m willing. Never used that site before, I will try it now.

Flag Post

Seems like Developous is back. Again.

Heh. Time for more lulz.

Flag Post

if it is math cheat if something else watch Rocky and Bullwinkle or do as Sheldon and be an unpaid waitress/waiter

Flag Post

Kill some morons.

Flag Post

Would anyone play an FGF game like this:

I guess it is a CYOP (With pictures).
The voters get control over a god being.
The god being starts with points but cannot gain points.
The points are spent on various things. (Land expansions, Villagers, ect.)
The Villagers interact with the world more to gain more points as well as using the god carefully for completing achievement for point/unlock rewards.
Challenge yourself by installing NPCs I control.
There will also be world events triggered by NPCs and item combos.
The name of the game is to survive but have fun doing it.

Poorly made example art:

Flag Post

I love that isometric pixel art. =D

I would like to play that RandomTurtle.

Flag Post
Originally posted by FelineForumer:

I love that isometric pixel art. =D

I would like to play that RandomTurtle.

Thank you, That is a rather primitive design. The real game will have a bit more of a systematic layout.

If you can’t see, there are villagers (Two pixel high dots near houses).

Flag Post

@Turtle

I would go there

Flag Post

That game would be AWEOME!

Flag Post

could somebody restart the food game?

Flag Post

Anyone else play Metal Gear Rising?

Flag Post

Great idea,RandomTurtle.Please start something like it.

Flag Post

Well support is good, I need to spend a bit more time making structures but then it will be good to go.

Flag Post

I am here to report that I am back for the time being, but I still do not feel ready to continue into Sky Raid 3.1.

I do have an idea to play around with, but I am still getting the kinks out of it.

Flag Post

Operation: Defeating Dev

Flag Post

The very fact that you treat Developous as an “opponent” to be “defeated” is one of the reasons you can’t defeat him. He doesn’t deserve that privilege. You should instead treat him like an animal in a zoo. If you get tired of watching him flailing about, then stop going to the zoo, i.e. ForumMute him.

I really don’t give much of a shit about how he’s going to screw up FGF again. He doesn’t affect me, and that’s all I care about. If you guys can all make it so that he doesn’t affect any of you, great. If you can’t do that, it’s not my problem.

Flag Post

Defeat who?

Flag Post

Flag Post

If you could stop reposting everything you find on the Internet.
That’d be great.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Taiboss:

If you could stop reposting everything you find on the Internet.
That’d be great.

If you don’t like it, ignore it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ProfessorDoom (DeviantART):

If you don’t want your shit criticized, don’t post it.

That’s basically what I have to say to the “If you don’t like it” argument.