Anyone for the Tinychats?

Flag Post

goodnight world

Flag Post

Flag Post

HOLY SHIT, I THINK I’M HAVING A NERDGASM, OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blood_Shadow:

Differentiate by a different variable next time.

…if I’m using the right word. By? Or how do I say it?

Flag Post
Originally posted by undeadcupcake3:

HOLY SHIT, I THINK I’M HAVING A NERDGASM, OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH

I KNOW SO AM I!!!

Flag Post

The point is that you don’t trust and respect my intents, even when I purposefully abuse the laws just to prove my point.
You saw those last few games, quite a few say it’s gone by far too far.

The intent was not to be abusive – it was to prove how abusive the 1 week law is in the first place, pure and simple.

Flag Post
Originally posted by developous:

The point is that you don’t trust and respect my intents, even when I purposefully abuse the laws just to prove my point.

The intent was not to be abusive – it was to prove how abusive the 1 week law is in the first place, pure and simple.

Dev, I’m just going to say this right now.

If you purposely abuse laws just to make a point, then really the point is not worth defending. Suggest for instance that an “extremist” gathered up a large group of people and shot them all, just to prove the point that murder is left wrong.

Flag Post

You guys and deve are still arguing about breaking laws to prove a point? I thought we’d sorted that all out way back when.
(with breaking laws to prove a point being a poor idea when the laws have thought behind them)

Flag Post
Originally posted by BurntMarshmellow:

You guys and deve are still arguing about breaking laws to prove a point? I thought we’d sorted that all out way back when.
(with breaking laws to prove a point being a poor idea when the laws have thought behind them)

about 2/3 of us are content with leaving Dev be, the others continue to make him be stupid.

Flag Post
Originally posted by undeadcupcake3:
Originally posted by developous:

Dev, I’m just going to say this right now.

If you purposely abuse laws just to make a point, then really the point is not worth defending. Suggest for instance that an “extremist” gathered up a large group of people and shot them all, just to prove the point that murder is left wrong.

I am not a traitor (replace with just about anything abusive)

Why would I INTEND to be such? Simple, I WOULD NOT. Period. End of discussion.

Know this, you can see thing generally either literal or abstractly. Most of you seem to take thing literal. The difference is simple, you ether take thing face-value, or symbolic.
I hate murderers, actually.

However, given a situation where murder is ‘the right thing to do’ – I approve it. For example, the death sentence for serious murderers that won’t change.

Precisely, the right thing to do – not the best, but THE RIGHT. In this case, I am proving how controlling, forceful, and abusive it is to deny ANY game, no matter how many he makes, or how pathetic it is.

What I WOULDN’T tolerate is a person making an insane number of games(not a set amount..) just to spam up the place. For example, making 10+ version of the same rpg at once.

Flag Post

Sitll, I can’t help but feel we’ve been around this loop of “I abuse the laws to show you the flaws” before.

First deve, just chill out a bit. We’re just talking about game limits, not plotting to kill Roger Rabbit.
(I say this because of the overuse of formatting and entirely capitalized words, both of which generally indicate emphasis or yelling.)

Second, it’s just a 1 week limit. If you’ve got ideas for 5 awesome games, focus on just 1 at a time. If it gets going, awesome. If not, then spend the rest of the week working on your next game, so it does get going.

Spending time preparing isn’t a punishment. It’s the right thing to do. If your first game tanks, it’s probably because it didn’t have enough thought behind it. Spend a week tweaking it, and bring it back.
(I’m not speaking about you, specifically, but you as a Kongregate FGF user. So this applies to me, you, BC, AN, Marh, and everybody else.)

Flag Post

“never put off something you can do today for tomorrow.”

that’s ambition. The earlybird gets the worm, and besides, i’m 85% certain i’d loose it.

Flag Post

“Rome wasn’t built in a day.”
While ambition is good, there’s also something to be said for patience. Taking the time to work out the kinks lets a game have a smooth transition from someone’s thoughts to the forums.
I’m not saying you should spend every waking moment of a week working on a forum game (that’s not healthy,) just that at least a little thought should go into the game and its execution.
The rule isn’t there to say no one can ever make games. It’s to encourage people pacing themselves and putting some thought into their games. And to get rid of spammers.

Flag Post

“A man lives by believing something: not by debating and arguing about many things.”
This.

Flag Post

I cannot think out my games in the conventional way. It’s all instinctual for me.

I see no point in fostering patience. More and sooner is better. It may sacrifice quality, but there are plenty of ways to value games.
Ambition stimulates betterment in many forms. You may believe in slow and methodical, but what about those with extreme impatience? Even a couple days is by far too long, and you could be missing out on games that you may LOVE to play. I could quit my present games in a heartbeat if I chose to, just for the heck of it.

I live for the moment – usually.

Patience may be a virtue, but without drive and ambition we wouldn’t have a civilization, and change is the only constant.

Some people NEED action to learn as well. I cannot make those good games unless I see the results. I am horrible at explaining as well, often needing to be more proactive.

Flag Post

There are 3 aspects to anything-
Quality, Speed, And Cheapness.
For forum games, it translates to quality, play start/speed and low effort.
You can put in 2 but not 3.
You can have a quality game with little effort, but it might be slow.
You can have a quality fast game, but you need a lot of effort.
And you can have a fast, effortless game of minimal quality.
These aspect affect the game in all and are up to the GM to decide what to use.

Flag Post

Again, ambition is a good thing.
But you need to take all things in moderation. More and sooner is not necessarily better. As you said, it sacrifices quality, and I can’t see a way to enjoy a game other than by its quality, except perhaps by the group you’re playing with.
I’ve found that one game that plays its full-course is typically more fun than several small games that end before they’re accomplished.

Flag Post

Actually, you can have a fast, good game with effort.

Flag Post

@DevFlameWar (not just dev)

“Nescio dar auxiliam, sed eum cupio desistere nunc.”
-Me
(Google doesn’t translate it right, so don’t try.)

@TheRest:

My teacher showed me a picture of the Boston marathon. Is it bad if I wanted to say, “Where are the explosions?”?

Flag Post

“never put off something you can do today for tomorrow.”

The point is that you actually can’t do it today.

Flag Post

Yes.

Flag Post

@myhome (from rest)

yes.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

I don’t watch adventure time much, but this part of this episode to the end is tearjerking.