General Thread page 653

24152 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Stone667:

I don’t watch adventure time much, but this part of this episode to the end is tearjerking.

I like Adventure Time. It reminds me of The Marvelous Misadventures Of Flapjack, mostly due to several people going from that to Adventure Time. It was a good show while it was on, with it’s own quirks.

Flag Post

Part of the problem, actually, is how often I abandon my games midstream. Right?

Flag Post

Journey to the Center of the Earth was totally wrong about the world in the center of the Earth. First of all the entrance is not in the Artic, it is in (or by, whichever way you go) Smoking Jean one of the giant holes in Earth’s crust and the only one leading to the secret world. One can either jump off the edge and land on a rock and go onward to propel oneself to the entrance to this world or take a tunnel made by an ancient civilization. to get there you must either go into an underground river that leads to a German self-sufficient Clod War refuge so far in the Earth g’ravity is 1/3 normal. It is also possible to enter the area by jumping down the Pore onto the world’s largest fungal growth from the Deeps. Secondly, there are not dinosaurs (although there are pterosaurs). But most important is that there is a colony of Germans that have moved there as a refuge. (yes, this is a German conspiracy theory)

Flag Post

Nothing for it.. I will either be punished, or it will be played.
Wonder which….

Flag Post

Aren’t chainswords cool?

Flag Post

I prefer gun blades.Shotgun blades to be precise.

Flag Post
Originally posted by sebba:

I prefer gun blades.Shotgun blades to be precise.

Gunblades are impractical.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

For the record, you didn’t break the “One game per week” rule. What you actually broke was “If you want a second game, you gotta have it approved first”.

Flag Post
Originally posted by RaceBandit:

For the record, you didn’t break the “One game per week” rule. What you actually broke was “If you want a second game, you gotta have it approved first”.

both of them are what I oppose

I just don’t see any point in enforcing then, pretty much. I was just providing a few games, that’s it.
There is a definite reason I don’t go with ‘approval’ actually. I cannot really tell if people would like them or not, unless I make them in the first place, truth is.

Further, it’s not like I wouldn’t refine them.

Flag Post

I cannot really tell if people would like them or not,

Ask.

Generally though, I’ll make this analogy or whatever it is. If games were food (larger amounts of food than a single meal), then this forum isn’t some poor African village – this is a crowded market.

We already have a lot of everything we could possibly want. Providing more is unnecessary. We’re doing you a favor by taking anything from you, not the other way around. You have to work hard and by the book if you want to have a chance at pawning anything.

Flag Post

Soon, I think, I will be making a govsim, in space.
Just getting a few more stalls into said market.

then this forum isn’t some poor African village – this is a crowded market.

Not too crowded as of late; I remember a much busier time.

Flag Post

I don’t care anymore anyway so I’ll just skip riiiiiiiiight over the argument.

A space govsim? Sounds like fun.

Flag Post

As always, it depends on what types of games you’re looking for—I hardly see any games I’d be interested in playing nowadays, but as a whole, there are as many (if not more) games being played as before.

Flag Post
Originally posted by myhome16:

That space govsim sounds pretty appealing.

Flag Post
Originally posted by undeadcupcake3:

That space govsim sounds pretty appealing.

I think it will be within a month (not the month), so yeah.

Flag Post

too true, many of the once great continuous threads have been swallowed by the gaping maw of solitude and digested by acid of time

Flag Post

Sounds fun, i’d join it.

Flag Post

What do you guys think of euthanasia? Do you think it should be allowed? I’m talking about situations where the patient is suffering horribly and has zero chance of ever being cured.

I’d post this in SD, except I don’t want to get flamed by the rabid haters and bigots that stalk the place.

Flag Post

It’s a friggin’ mercy kill. Why the hell not?

Also, why do they sterilize the needle for that anyways?

Flag Post

I don’t see why the hell not either, but some people seem to think that way.

Flag Post

If the people are conscious, and give their consent, why wait and let them suffer? If they are unconscious, why not ease their pain?

If they are conscious, but don’t want to, why force them to death?

I do not like the idea of knowing someone who is passing, but it helps ease them.

@Racebandit Don’t they use new needles every time? Well, any ways, I believe it is more for the family then anything, as who would like to see a dirty needle pushed into your family member during their last moments?

Flag Post

I say – ask the patients themselves, if possible. While having a suicidal state of mind is a passing thing, and people often change their minds if they fail to kill themselves, and exploiting the pain-caused delirium of the patients is a bastard move, it DOES involve consent.

Consent’s the important part. If they think that at the moment they want to die, so be it. If they don’t (yet), so be it. It’s their choice to make.

I feel denying them that choice and insisting they do all want to live by default is worse.

Flag Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_familial_insomnia

This is a very bad disease to have. It will give you a horrible, slow death by completely depriving you of your ability to sleep. If anyone is against euthanasia, I wonder how you can possibly force a fatal familial insomnia patient to go through all that before finally dying.

Flag Post

What if the patient is in a coma? What if he’s delirious? What if he has schizophrenia and his personalities disagree about suicide? (His personalities are ruled as separate people in a court of law if I remember correctly in some big precedent-setting case)

But I agree, ask him to consent then kill him humanely and without pain.
About Fatal familial insomnia:at some point, wouldn’t the brain be FORCED to shut down due to lack of energy?