[GAME] [RP] Transiens Aeternum [SIGNUPS ALWAYS OPEN] page 28

703 posts

Flag Post

James Hawking

So… We’re back at the pits now. Back to the endless violence and battle that were our lives, and the lives of mostly every Demon in existence. It was a bleak existence, with the only hope being that when we get stronger, we’d be able to do something about this hellhole.

Other than Violet, Shade, and I, three other Demons were down in the pit with us. Two of them looked like brothers or something, both two-meter-tall spindly humanoids with completely hairless dark gray skin. Metallic chains wrapped around their bodies, copper for one and bronze for the other; they crackled respectively with yellow and purple electricity. These two stood together, evidently in a team. The third Demon stood by itself, a writhing mass of eyes and tentacles that looked incredibly nightmarish even by Demonic standards. I guess this fight would be three against two against one.

“Ready?” I asked my companions and tightened the grip on my sword.

Flag Post

Azira failed

Nothing.
Being in a cave, forced to flee, was bad enough. But now, I truly have nothing. Not even the last shreds of my colleagues.
“I never told you my name. I wonder if you only know as much as your spies told you – or if you have a better source."
He’s interested in me, so he needs a reason. Being an angel? Too general. Reaching out for a single one is not something such a big cheese would do. Maybe… conflict of interests? Keeper of Secrets. Did I find something out? Bah. I’ve been unsuccessful at anything I’ve tried. Oh, I don’t know. That’s a bad thing. My logic is rusty, that’s another bad thing.
“As for your question…" I try picking my words in a stupid manner that pretends to be careful “I have worked towards getting those brutes off the face of Mediorum. Under my command, Angels have fought against Demons, the local spirits have fought against Demons – even Demons have fought against Demons."
I should check if my infodrone’s up. However, considering I’m up against a non-diabolical strategist, he’s probably five steps ahead, and it isn’t. I’d know if it was.
“All in all, I’d say I’m contributing to the war effort as it is. If you want me to bear Celestia’s standard in an official way while doing so, I’ll be happy to oblige."

Flag Post

Proctor

Blue… Just blue. And he’s powerful too. Nah there’s no way it can be that…

Ralsael

I move forwards quickly, aided by two beats of my wings, and I unleash a beam of light from my sword as I cut at the demon. Although he clearly felt pain from the blast, he bashed my arm away and punched me so hard I flew backwards, but quickly I feel the regenerating power of Proctor’s healing, bringing me back to my feet quickly. The demon looks amused as one who just swatted a fly. I brush off my wings and take to the air, ready to attack him from the sky.

Flag Post

“Shadow”

“In appearance, I may be similar to you: but that’s where all comparisons end.”
Despite the danger of being incinerated by metric tons of raw energy: the words escape my mouth, containing some sort of metaphoric meaning which is a puzzle to even myself.

A familiar surge of power flows through me, though this time not from consuming the flesh of others and more so because of the powerful being which bore striking similarities to myself which now stood in front of me.
On some level, I realize that not to long ago I would have loved to control the vast amounts of power which this being did: but now, after all the subtle insights I had vaguely grasped while meditating, all I felt for this figure was a hollow feeling which somewhat resembled respect.

Flag Post

Renoi

I step back, involuntarily.

.“I remember this man, from the time I came to this area. Zaphkiel.”

.“Possibly. It depends on your reasons for knowing are.”

Flag Post

[I’m still depressed and don’t really feel like doing anything, but I can’t leave my games too long.]

Raziel

The Keeper of Secrets smiled. “I am glad that our interests coincide. However, we are no longer aiming to simply drive the Infernal Legion off of the Middle Realm. No, it is now our turn to strike back against these wretched hellspawn!”

With a wave of his hands, the absolute white void around Raziel and Azira suddenly burst into brilliant colors. On their side stood the seven members of the Council of Light, including a clone of Raziel who only possessed one pair of golden wings and whose armor was ever so slightly less elaborate than the real Raziel floating beside Azira. On the other side stood the seven members of the Dark Covenant, Demons that, although all of them more or less humanoid, stood in stark contrast with the perfectly human-like Angels of the Council of Light. The two groups of immensely powerful spirits faced against each other, as though about to charge into a cataclysmic battle that would shake Heaven and Hell alike.

“This was our situation, Azira Exiom, until no more than one day ago,” Raziel spoke. “Our Council of Light and Lucifer’s Dark Covenant were evenly matched in power. The Demons invaded us, for they were savage and reckless, but we hesitated to do the same in fear of a mutually assured destruction, should our strongest face theirs in battle. But now, the tides have turned.” Abruptly, the clone of Raziel exploded into a pillar of white light. When it dissipated, that copy of Raziel was now identical to the real one, four golden feathery wings beating magnificently. “Not long ago I have managed to ascend higher in power, becoming stronger when I thought for centuries that my evolution was at its end. Now the balance has been tipped. If we face the Dark Covenant in battle at this very moment, we are sure that one of us will remain standing in the end.”

The images disappeared. But the white void did not return; Azira instead found himself back to wherever he was before Raziel’s power stripped him of his senses. A cage of invisible energy still restricted his movements, but it was now more yielding and did not paralyze him as utterly as before. Raziel floated before Azira, still surrounded by an aura that the younger Angel’s ability could not penetrate.

“We now have all the assurance we need to strike back; these chaotic, violent hellspawn are no match for our strategic minds. We will stab into the heart of Infernus, annihilate its Legion, and ensure that they never dare to bother us again!” For a moment Raziel’s voice rose to a zealous crescendo, but it quickly returned to normal. “You must wonder why we have decided to seek you out specifically, Azira Exiom. While your power is trifle next to those of us in the Council, it is still a brilliant torch in a night where all else are as mere fireflies. Your power is notable, and your intellect more so. With your organization, Azira, you have achieved more than those far stronger than you, more than any other Angels who have declared themselves independent of the Celestiarchy. That is why, Azira Exiom, you will be a valuable addition to the Celestial Guard. Should you join us, you will be one of the commanders to lead our troops to victory, and your goal of peace will be permanently realized.”

Flag Post

[Guys, do remember that you’re in a cave. There’s no “sky”.]

“Blue”

As it began to charge forward, Blue noticed that the tail of the humanoid sewer rat Demon was in fact a rusty gray steel pipe, spewing forth a sickly dark green gas. As the gas expanded outwards at a rapid rate, all of its targets quickly began to feel weak and numb wherever the putrid gas touched; the effect was only somewhat counteracted by Proctor’s healing bandages. A curious thing to note was that Proctor, a Demon, was affected, while those others on the rat Demon’s side did not appear affected at all.

Alarmed, Blue activated one of its abilities, a cyan light washing over its body. The light crystallized into glowing translucent cyan ice armor, simultaneously protecting the water spirit and healing it. Unfortunately this armor could not be given to Blue’s companions, for they could no more use the armor than they could use the ice glaive in the spirit’s hands. The rat spat out a jet of dark green venom, which splattered harmlessly against Blue’s armor. Its front teeth lengthened, turning dark green, but Blue did not give the rat a chance to use its bite; a quick glaive strike gave the rat-like Demon a frostbitten wound. Hissing, the rat drew back and redoubled its efforts to churn out paralytic gas.

The gargoyle bashed Ralsael away rather effortlessly. Jake’s ice spikes did little to the gargoyle’s stone skin, especially considering the high temperature inside the lava cave. The corrupted lava golem grabbed Jake’s ice spear, and tendrils of black stone immediately began to spread from the golem to Jake. The gargoyle grabbed Jake with one large claw at the same time, black stony veins sprouting from the Demon to wrap around Jake’s body. The Neutral Spirit growled in pain as the Demon’s energy seeped into his body, shrouding him with a dark haze. Soon, Jake’s body began to move against his will; his efforts of resistance was dulled by the sewer rat’s numbing poison gas.

Flag Post

Zaphkiel

“Do not test my patience, child,” Zaphkiel spoke coldly, voice dripping with contempt. “You know fully well why I seek her out. If you will not tell me, I will simply pry the information from your mind.”

Flag Post

[[So, do I just jump in or what? Also, could someone pm me a short synopsis of major events and where active characters are at?]]

Flag Post

[In response, at last, to James…]

Shade Eclipsion
‘Yes.’ I say with what would likely be the beginning of some kind of meme-ish saying. (no, I can get out of this jam perfectly well in order to visit the shops, thank you. also, what’s a meme?) Spikes form on my tentacles, and the pale, thin blade is suddenly wielded in my hands. Somehow.
…why do I get a sense of deja vu all of a sudden? It’s weird…

Flag Post

Azira failed
“Very well.” I simply state, not having much more to say.
“I shall attain troops, then lead them into Infernus.”
Azira possesses eight thousand followers claimed my aura – not reaching anyone at all.
“I know of ways into the realm, as well as the ways of battle. I’ve studied the memories of souls hailing from the mortal realm for a long time, keeping everything archived. The art of war has been constantly evolving – most likely, the brute Demon forces lack the knowledge, acting as they did millenia ago – infighting, and lacking a place in their minds for anything outside the fight they’re currently in.”
I certainly hope I’m not being bested by someone who has failed to think of such a basic thing. If you aren’t going to be impressed, Raziel, disregard this because you’ve done the same, not because you find it meaningless. – state my private thoughts.
“And the pen is mightier than the sword.”
A single quill drops from me, its tip notched and glistering with ink.
“I shall fight until Demons cease to be a threat.”
Or until my forces falter from the constant onslaught, as the local fights have a tendency to be, in the long run, even.
One more thing comes to mind.
“If you’re searching for talents, seek the one named Rylander. He possesses a hatred of Demons and great destructive potential.”
He shall not betray me again. I still feel the burns.

Flag Post

Joshua

While the healing is nice, parts of me say I don’t deserve any of it. That my wounds should stay around, that this is my own punishment. I do decide to thank her though, “Thank you, you didn’t have to do that with you all shaken up. I didn’t really even need it, after all I’m already dead,” I do take a look at my fingertips, which haven’t mended together at any degree. “So, whats your name? Mine is Joshua, and only Joshua,” I hold out my hand for an offer to shake, but quickly withdraw it when it begins bleeding out again.

Hah…you’ll only hurt them you know. You’ll only bring pain and torment upon them later on. You’ll just make the same mistakes you did in life. Don’t bother trying to reject my statements, you already know they’re the truth. You don’t even deserve to exist! You should be burning in hell for things you’ve done! You should just end it all over again! This time though, you will STAY dead, destroyed, and forgotten. …Yes…

Flag Post

Kaem
I looked at the massive forest, spanning towards both ends of the horizon. If there was anywhere that one could go to avoid Demons, it was here. After the Infernal Legion invaded, avoiding Demons was just what I wanted. I looked behind me one last time. No signs of Demons so far, which was good. “Well, time to go,” I mutter to myself. Turning back towards the forest, I begin to head to the wilderness deep within, where the other Demons couldn’t find me.
[[I’m in Mediorum, just an FYI]]

Flag Post

[Is anyone still interested in this? I just haven’t been feeling like writing anything lately due to depression. Call it writer’s block if you will, except I have no idea if this is what writer’s block actually feels like. I won’t be surprised if it caused people to lose interest in my games.]

[Oh well, I’ll write something anyways. Stick with this game until the bitter end.]

James Hawking

“Well then, let’s g-”

Before I could finish, one of the “lightning brothers”, as I’ve decided to call them, already struck. Two bronze chains crackling with purple electricity lashed out with lightning speed, striking at the hideous tentacled mass that was our other opponent. The other brother did the same, attacking with copper chains crackling with yellow electricity. The four chains tangled themselves in the mass of tentacles, sending out what was evidently powerful electric shocks that paralyzed the tentacled Demon and caused it to spasm uncontrollably.

For a brief second I thought about temporarily working with the lightning brothers to take down the tentacled fiend; five against one shouldn’t be too hard of a fight if our enemy wasn’t overwhelmingly stronger than us. But then it would be three against two, us against the lightning brothers. On the other hand, if we worked with the tentacled Demon against the lightning brothers, it would be four against two, still with a significant advantage; then it would be the three of us against the tentacle monster by itself. 5 vs 1 then 3 vs 2, or 4 vs 2 then 3 vs 1?

Goddammit, I am thinking like a heartless psychopath. Heh, served me right. I’m an evil hellspawn, aren’t I?

Sword bursting aflame, I sent out a wave of black and red plasma to cut at the chains. The copper and bronze metals they were made of did not appear to be too strong, and my attack severed them without much difficulty, causing the electric currents coursing through the tentacle creature’s body to cease. The sections of the chains detached from their owners quickly crumbled to nothing, while the sections still attached quickly began to regenerate. But that gave the tentacle monster enough time to retaliate.

The hideous-looking Demon conjured, out of all things, what looked more or less like an ordinary machine gun. All black, fitting for a Demon, and no ammo belt, as expected from the product of a supernatural ability. I guess we could tell the tentacle creature how stupid it looked holding a machine gun while we gang up on it, but not until the lightning brothers were defeated.

And the thing started spraying the whole arena with black energy bullets. Damn. Not one for cooperation, ain’t it?

As some of the bullets hit my armor, I noticed with alarm that some of the Darkness energy inside the armor was weakened, nullified. What?! It’s stealing my trick! Letting out a hiss, I reinforced my armor with more power, countering the bullets’ nullification with nullification of my own; my armor was swathed in power-negating flames for good measure.

“Hey, we’ll help you if you focus fire on those two!” I shouted. At the same time, I let loose a barrage of needle-like stone spikes at the lightning brothers. Unlike the tentacle monster’s machine gun, I could only do a shotgun-like burst, and not a sustained blast. But my needles hit harder. The tentacled monster seemed to comply, now focusing its bullets on the lightning brothers.

The lightning brothers had some more tricks. Gray metallic plating formed on their skin, pushing out the needles that I shot into them; the plating extended all the way to coat even their chains. Red electricity coursed through their limbs, seemingly re-energizing them. And their purple and yellow electricity flared brighter, coalescing to form weapons on the ends of the chains, spiked balls for yellow and sickle-like blades for purple. Four weapon-tipped chains, metallic gray and crackling with red electricity in addition to whatever color of electricity they had before, shot out at even greater speeds, one aimed at each of us.

Flag Post

“Shadow”

“Well, as much as I hate to continue killing: I’d hate to be next on whatever list of potential victims he may or may not have, so I suppose we’d better get a move on.”

“Agreed”

Although the spirits we were apparently meant to hunt down and kill were out of sight: it was with great ease that Brauner and I caught track of a trail of spiritual energy behind them. We had little trouble catching up to them: they were huddled near each other in a small forest clearing.

Although I’m sure that Brauner had plans regarding how to kill them: I was eager to test out whatever new power with which I was certain that I had been endowed by the one who called himself Belphagor.

Almost by instinct, I felt my form begin to shift. Although my appearance had always been somewhat unclear since I awoke in this literal hellhole: this was different. It didn’t take long for me to realize that I had a very extreme degree of control over what form I could take now. In not long at all, I looked exactly like a typical neutral spirit and had the dark energies fueling me masked beyond recognition.

Some part of me knew that my voice had changed too: and so I joined the group of spirits in the forest clearing in perhaps the only acceptable way…. I jumped out of a tree into the center of them and tried to make it look painful.

Naturally: good Samaritans as they were, they all asked, nearly in unison, if I was okay. I quickly got up and dusted myself off, behaving as normally as possible……

[I’ll finish later, I’m kind of tired right now.]

Flag Post

Joshua
Something was off, this person just arrived out of the blue. Normally that wouldn’t be a problem to me, but with whatever killed those angels out there he seems a bit suspicious. Considering how bad those emotions were, I bet it was something powerfull enough to leave minions to do its work. Then again, I could just be paranoid….

Hello, whats your name?" I hold my hand out to the spirit, not caring that its currently bleeding out. He seemed normal, but that feeling of suspicion was still in the back of my mind. Suddenly an Idea came to my mind, but I decided to save it for later. “My name is Joshua, don’t ask me my last name. I don’t care for it anymore.” I’m unable to read people very well, but if he seems out of place in this situation, then I may just be accused of murder in this world.

Paranoid Josh? Whats so wrong about him? All he did was come out of the forest by being thrown right? Do you just want something to be wrong with him, so you have an excuse to destroy and devour him? No, he just doesn’t seem right… Thats no reason to be so judging, all he could be is a wanderer who was lucky enough not to meet that thing… True…maybe I’m just being paranoid. I’m still going to watch him though. Theres no helping you, is there?

Flag Post

Shade Eclipsion
…ow. Bastard shot me… now I feel weak, ish (and not STRONG, like I was before). That isn’t to say I can’t just about dodge the chain flying at me fairly easily, no sir (that chain of his is electrocuting red). That being said and done, I proceed to fling a semi-sustained storm of spikes at the lightning-ey guys. They won’t get the best of me.

Flag Post

Renoi

I’ve gone through a lot today, and I’m in no mood to deal with him.
I speak. “Well, in that case, I guess you CAN pry it from me, because I’m not telling.”

Flag Post

Zaphkiel

The Sentinel did not bother wasting another word. An invisible beam of power reached out toward Renoi and pierced into her mind like a needle through paper, causing the child to gasp and stagger at the sudden mental intrusion. For an instant she felt something akin to the shadow of a shadow sweep over her, then it was gone.

“An expedition to locate the Green Guardian, hmm?” Zaphkiel turned his cold gray gaze toward the direction from where the team of Angels and Neutral Spirits departed. His body shimmered, a myriad of silver sparks breaking off and flying toward where the team had gone. Then he turned his attention back to the little girl. “I sent you to war in hope that you would learn to master your abilities on your own, but it seems that I was mistaken. You have one hour to prepare; we will then leave for Celestia and begin your training immediately.”

[Is your post finished, InfiniteExpanse?]

Flag Post

UGH, Deletion

Renoi

I draw back slightly, both from the experience of having my mind sifted through, as well as the prospect of training with him. I look around, and see all the injured patients everywhere. I walk over to the piano and play one last tune, before draining more of my energy into it, and showing a helper how to use it; both by putting energy in, and how to play a easy-yet-beautiful song. Before I know it though, I feel Zaphkiel’s presense pressing on my harder than ever, and I realize it has been an hour.

.“I’m ready to go. So… I suppose you’re going to transport us or something?”

Flag Post

Proctor

My spirit-flesh tightens and my reactions and my mind are numbed by the sickly gas. I lurch towards Ralseal, then whip two bandages outwards, one grasping onto Ralseal and one onto Jake. I channel a high concentration of my spirit energy through them, attempting to try and heal them.

Ralseal’s wounds are fairly easy, although it was a powerful demon, it was not a powerful strike. Jake, however, was a different matter. I attempt to spend energy on healing Jake’s mind and to remove the gas, but it seems fruitless. Instead, I extract the gaseous spirit energy from the demons out of Jake’s body and pull it into mine. I come down to one knee as the gas begins to paralyse me, but I stop as soon as Jake’s mind is his own. My palms touch the floor from the combination of low energy reserves and a moderate amount of the annoying gas.

Ralseal

I take to the air, grabbing the inebriated demon and placing him out of the way a short way behind Jake. I then move up to jake. “We would probably have alot more success if we just went for a combined attack than just one at a time, we are not powerful enough to do fatal damage to these demons one at a time, we have to concentrate the force.”

Flag Post

Rina Adams

“Oh, my name is Rina, Rina Adams,” I tried to say with a smile but wasn’t quite in the mood to do it. I cringed a little when the Neutral Spirit named Joshua held out his hands with bitten-off nails and bleeding fingers. Just as I was about to offer to heal him, I suddenly felt another spiritual energy signature nearby, before seeing a spirit falling out of a tree and landing rather painfully next to us. “Whoa, are you all right?” I exclaimed, rushing toward him to help. He looked badly injured, and I wasted no time pouring green and blue healing energy out of my hands over him.

For an instant, our eyes met. I was suddenly struck with a sense of strange deja vu. This… felt familiar, somehow… And I could see a sort of strange defiance in his eyes, something I was sure I’d seen somewhere before…

[Knoob has one day to post before his character is violently modkilled for dragging the game down with his inactivity.]

Flag Post

Zaphkiel

The Sentinel did not bother with any explanations, and simply grabbed Renoi’s shoulder. They could both feel energy building up around them. After about half a minute, everything suddenly blurred away, and for an instant Renoi felt the curious sensation of sinking through a sea of cotton…

The feeling of Light energy in the air hit her like a stream of cold, clear spring water. Then there was the brightness, taking her eyes several seconds to adjust. They appeared to have teleported directly to somewhere in Celestia, white marble castles and crystal spires all around them.

They’re greeted by another Angel, resembling an aging man wearing a white robe whose design was elegant but so simple as to be minimalistic. He had balding, graying blond hair, a goatee, and a pair of soft gray eyes looking like wells of undiscernable depth. Spotting Renoi and Zaphkiel, the man bowed with respect. “Is this one of the talented young Angels you have asked me to instruct, Sentinel?” He asked in a amiable, unassuming voice.

“Yes,” Zaphkiel answered, voice as cold as ever but with slightly less disdain. “Instruct her well enough so that by the time your previous group of student returns, she can defend herself and destroy Demons of her level of power. Do not disappoint me, Markus.” As the name of the man left his mouth, Zaphkiel’s form rapidly dissolved into a flurry of tiny silver blades that dashed away.

“Talented young Angels indeed…” The middle-aged man named Markus murmured. “A mere child, and she’ll be sent to fight and die just like those others I’ve taught…” He sighed. Turning to Renoi, he smiled benignly. “Hello, dear. What’s your name? I am Professor Markus Cromwell.”

[Random retcon: Michael’s title is now the Champion instead of the Commander.]

Flag Post

“Blue”

Jake did not answer to Ralsael’s words. Instead, with twitchy arms, he suddenly impaled the Angel’s stomach with his ice spear. As she gasped in pain and shock, the gargoyle-like Demon sneered.

“Ha! Your friend is nothing but my puppet now!” The Demon laughed harshly. More veins of black stone threaded themselves through Jake’s flesh, while his skin was now darkening so much that he resembled a Demon rather than Neutral Spirit.

“You!” Blue hissed, raising its halberd. But before the water spirit could do anything, a sharp icicle formed in Jakes shaking hands, and he quickly brought it up to point at his own throat.

“Try anything, and he dies,” the gargoyle said with sadistic glee. “What will you do now, traitor?” It said to Proctor. Jake began to press the icy spike into the flesh of his throat. “Will you save his life, and come back to us? Or will you not care? You are a hellspawn, after all! Ha ha ha ha ha!”

[This is a message to everyone. If your character is in a group of other active characters, and you drag them down with inactivity, you will suffer a fate as bad as Jake’s.]

Flag Post

Violet

This isn’t good. I barely avoided getting shredded to pieces by a hail of bullets. The only reason I didn’t was because I made a wall of metal in front of me as soon as the battle started; Cowardly, I know, but it was a good thing I did that.

Not that it stopped the bullets from putting dents in the metal. The first one or two didn’t do any damage. The ones that came after… Well, they did amounts of damage that just got bigger and bigger. Small dents, then large dents, and then one punched through the wall, to the side of me. It’s pretty good that the bullets stopped before I got a hole punched through me and my heart stopped, too. Not to mention that they weren’t really being aimed at me. I had the sense to cover myself with much more heavily reinforced armour after that, covering everywhere except my eyes and forehead. Which was good.

What was less good was when a chain pummeled my metal wall, sending it collapsing into me. Or flying into me. Whatever. I wasn’t paying attention. Regardless of which one it was, it didn’t bother my metal armour or me too much. The stream of electricity flowing through it did, though. I quickly removed my wall upon that happening. Maybe due to shock. And maybe jokes should be used here. The electricity flowing through me… Well, I suppose it hurt so much that I couldn’t tell that I was hurting. I wish I could say that. I have a really bad habit of getting injured. Maybe that’s karma for killing those Demons in self-defence. In any case, I was driven to the floor, shocked into submission, writhing in pain. Or I would be, if I could move.