[Game] Nations of the World 2 page 201

5207 posts

Flag Post

Soon this thread will be longer than the general thread.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Christon555:

Yay! 5000th post! Also, I’ll be back.
No, I won’t.
Yes actually I will.
Or probably not.
But maybe.

Nothing against you personally, but I swear that I will mobilize every army that I possibly can to have you taken prisoner and most likely executed if you so much as whisper too loudly. :P

Originally posted by wercooler:

Soon this thread will be longer than the general thread.

That will be a beautiful day for mankind. Unless it’s not.

Flag Post

I have been communicating with the members of NHON, and we have agreed to begin the International Research and Development Coalition, or IRDC. The goal of the IRDC is furthering science, and the basic premise is that any IRDC member nation can propose a are of research, and then any other member nation can donate money and once the research is completed all nations who contributed get to use that technology. No research can be war-related, but nuclear weapon defense are okay.
Basically it’s Kickstarter but science-y.

Flag Post

Well, I’m in.

Flag Post

May I join the IRDC? Granted, I won’t be able to contribute much until my nation gets fixed up (Nukes are a bitch, y’know?), but once the radiation is cleared and I have a decent income I’ll be able to be a good contributor.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pokarnor:

May I join the IRDC? Granted, I won’t be able to contribute much until my nation gets fixed up (Nukes are a bitch, y’know?), but once the radiation is cleared and I have a decent income I’ll be able to be a good contributor.

Now you know how it feels, pok, to go from a nation that’s on top of the world to the bottom.
Except you’re not surrounded by assholes that want to kill you from all sides.

Flag Post

Yeah, that sounds great. It would also be helpful if you got some ALAN members to join.

Flag Post

I would like to join. I like new technology.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Firespread:

Now you know how it feels, pok, to go from a nation that’s on top of the world to the bottom.

The difference is you were never on top of the world. I was literally the most powerful nation in the world.

Originally posted by Mylar:

Yeah, that sounds great. It would also be helpful if you got some ALAN members to join.

I’ll ask around ALAN.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Firespread:

The difference is you were never on top of the world. I was literally the most powerful nation in the world.

I’ll ask around ALAN.

I was the only individual nation to colonize the moon, I was growing in size, power and wealth, singlehandedly beating the United Kingdom and Italy while dealing with issues on almost every front-
Yeah, I would say that I was pretty much so. It’s just I had things that held me back in every retrospect.

Flag Post

I have been communicating with the members of NHON, and we have agreed to begin the International Research and Development Coalition, or IRDC. The goal of the IRDC is furthering science, and the basic premise is that any IRDC member nation can propose a are of research, and then any other member nation can donate money and once the research is completed all nations who contributed get to use that technology. No research can be war-related, but nuclear weapon defense are okay.
Basically it’s Kickstarter but science-y.

Sounds useful, I suppose. It would eliminate a lot of competition in the world.

Chile would like to join the IRDC.

Flag Post

China would also like to join the IRDC.

P.S. I keep accidentally reading it as just IDC haha.

Flag Post

Spain would wish to join IRDC..

Flag Post

Alright! In order to contribute to a project the base is 50b, but obviously donating more than the minimum is a Chill Move. My first idea for a project is an anti-nuclear missile thing. There have been several instances of mass nukings and I don’t think anyone wants it to happen again. I’ll be donating 500b to the project, other donations are Kickass. And of course while the technology will be available to everyone who donated, actually implementing the technology is your problem.

Flag Post

‘Anti-nuclear missile thing’ isn’t exactly specific. I would like a more exact idea of what I am investing into. Also, creating a device to protect against only nukes wouldn’t be nearly as usefull as, for say, a device which improves air defenses overall, for defense against not only nukes, but missles and aircraft. Just a suggestion.

Flag Post

I’ll contribute $50B to the research program. I’d donate more, but currently I’m suffering from, well, the very thing this program is made to stop.
FML.

Flag Post

Yeah, but in my mind at least the idea is to prevent human deaths. Air defenses could be used against non-nuclear threats, and I don’t think anyone wants that. The basic idea is some sort of turret or something that can be used to knock ICBM’s right out of the air. And besides, I’m a ruler not a scientist. The last time I decreed something be researched my exact words were ‘super boobs.’

Flag Post

Chile is also willing to contribute $50B, especially if the project is defined with more specificity as Madagascar requested. We recently suffered a nuclear strike (of a far lesser magnitude than the one suffered by Brazil, but significant nonetheless, as nuclear strikes tend to be), and would contribute more were we not worried about the immediate safety and security of our citizens.

I’m a ruler not a scientist. The last time I decreed something be researched my exact words were ‘super boobs.’

…I just pissed myself laughing, I think.

Flag Post

Other nations are free to donate as the project progresses.

Flag Post

Other nations are free to donate as the project progresses.

Chile may increase its donation as the project progresses and more income becomes available for our use (That is, we’ll contribute more funding when it becomes available for uses other than cleaning up radiation and repairing holes in buildings and patting children on the head while saying, “It’s okay, you don’t need parents anyways.”).

Flag Post

Brazil has asked any ALAN member who is interested to join the IRDC; every member except for several Antillean nations and the disunited states of America accepts.

Flag Post

The update will be tomorrow. I’m tired, and the update is really big.

I did some work on it so it will be easier for me tomorrow.

We’ll also get back on the schedule with an update on Thursday.

Flag Post

India would also like to join the IDRC, and will donate 200 Billion to start.

Flag Post

Update is here! Maps are in the OP, as always.

Flag Post

I suppose I’m out of the game because Happy decided that the Finnish were going to send half their fucking army after me.