ImaginationRealms [Game.] page 28

1074 posts

Flag Post

Esmerelda

I drop out of the air, narrowly missing the guy half buried in soil below me. As I fall, I transform into my favorite cat form, a ginger tabby.

Flag Post

Avante

“And I answered, so everything is LOVELY, isn’t it? And I suppose I fell out of a portal once already. Regardless, I didn’t land on top of anything. And I somehow doubt the portal would have dirt inside it. Mine didn’t. Regardless, I kind of need Almond back.” I proceed to walk over to the hole he has apparently made. “Yeah, I’d kind of like it if you came back up.”

Flag Post

Jador
I see a patrol by a nearby door. Lets see. 2 guarding the door directly and 2 patroling by it. I summon up some power and conjur a golem made of lava rock from the ground a send it in with another to clear them out. Through the choas I shoot a few fireballs into the crowd of guards and rush out. Once I’m safely out and about 1000 feet away I make the golems disapear so that they stop sucking away my power. I now go onto the street and watch what’s happening.

Flag Post

Almond

And suddenly, I felt the weight lift off me. Phew, that was close. Unless I am mistaken, whoever that guy was must have been helped by his accomplice.

Under the ground, it wasn’t easy breathing. The earth slowly pushed itself deeper, freeing more air from inside to allow my respiration, but it was also draining me of energy, as I could very clearly feel. At best, I could hold on for half an hour more, before having to return back on the surface.

…in fact, why was I underground in the first place? The earlier encounter with the Firestarter (I had grown so fond of the given name that I decided to use it instead of ‘pyromancer’) had alarmed me, quite possibly, and I was expecting attackers appearing from all directions. A feeling that probably increases in intensity when people fall out of the sky above you, and through apparently chaotic portals to boot.

Was Avante alright? In my haste to escape, I had not even considered my companion’s fate, and, from deep underground, I couldn’t possibly help him anyhow. What was left to do was to resurface, and confront the two newcomers. My mind having been made up, I ordered the earth to bend to my will once more, and, a couple of seconds later, burst out of the ground like a rocket, head foremost, a couple of feet away from Avante and the other guys.

With a cat-like swipe in the air, I allowed the shield from before to appear in my hand, before landing on the ground with a soft thud. “Who are you?” I asked in a no-nonsense, stern voice, my shield raised to cover my heart. A glare on my face would go well with the overall motion, but it could needlessly alarm the other guy if he was, indeed, harmless. “Fight, or peace?” The second question was split up between Avante and the other guy, since I didn’t know which of them would answer first.

Flag Post

Leo
“Hah, missed that didn’t I? I’m forgetful sometimes. Or is it that I don’t notice…a little of both worlds.” I watch the other guy who the other guy, creative, aren’t I, fell on, does a nice little trick to emerge from the ground. He starts talking, but I’m more focused on the preformance. I start clapping. “Good show there friend. Quite the preformance indeed. As for your question, I don’t see the need to fight now. I mean, your little sinking trick, followed by the nice jump after, I’m quite entertained right now.” Que creepy grin. I then look back at…..maybe I should work on my atention span a bit. A…a something….Avenue? No, wrong idea entierly. Ahh, yes, Avante, I look back at him. “you gave me your name so I might as well return the formality. I’m Leo.”

Flag Post

Honour
The cave is indeed as large as it looked, big enough for several stacked houses to exist inside, I travel deep inside the cave until I reached what seemed to be a large furry wall but on closer inspection it seemed to be a wolf, from inside the wolf’s stomach emminated the warm glowing heat I saw before. This is fenrir, the wolf who swallowed the sun. Found in ancient norse mythology, the reason for this betrayal is uncertain, but it was certainly indeed honourable, as both sides of the party stuck with thier side of the aggreement. Apparently the god had bound the wolf with a chain in exchange for his right arm, which he held inside the wolfs mouth. The wolf was bound with elven magic but the god of justice, Tyr, had to pay heavily for said exchange. In exchange the wolf could not eat the world, as he was bound, but now the land was plunged into a time called ragnarok, without the sun the land grew cold and the men of the land were locked in war.

I noticed someone behind me and turned quickly, surely enough, there was a man with one arm left standing further away from the wolf.

“I raised that thing you know, I raised it as my very own but it just grew too big. Some things should not be let into midgard, or asgard either.” He paused, walking closer to gently stroke the wolf’s fur.
“I came here because your help is urgently needed back a ways out in the mountains. The gods are having difficulty with the giants. We have also, like you, lost the power of belief. But the ice giant still remains, vividly displayed in children’s bedtime stories. If we don’t stop them they will ride into this land on mountains of ice and snow then bury the people of this land.”

“They bare the logo of new lords, ones who call themselves the rift.”

I follow Tyr out of the cave and up the mountain towards the entrance to Jötunheimr from where the Giants would soon after come.

Flag Post

Tierro

I squirmed, trying as hard as I could to free myself from the prison I created. I pushed harder and harder, attempting to break the rock-like soil around me. That’s when an idea came to me.
I hardened the soil, why can’t I soften it?

Using the same energy I previously did, I felt the soil ease up around me. I was absolutely exhausted. With the last amount of strength I had, I dug upwards… At least I thought it was. I dug surprisingly fast, and was up to the surface with oxygen to spare. I had gained enough speed to pop out a good two feet into the air, and I landed hard on my back. I saw four people standing around each other, but I didn’t want to interfere with what they were doing. I tried to remain undetected…

I then closed my eyes and tried to rest.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BLOODYRAIN10001:

Jador
I see a patrol by a nearby door. Lets see. 2 guarding the door directly and 2 patroling by it. I summon up some power and conjur a golem made of lava rock from the ground a send it in with another to clear them out. Through the choas I shoot a few fireballs into the crowd of guards and rush out. Once I’m safely out and about 1000 feet away I make the golems disapear so that they stop sucking away my power. I now go onto the street and watch what’s happening.

[Firstly, rock does not fall under Fire. Lava is superheated rock, and falls slightly under Fire because of the ‘superheated’ bit. Secondly, Golems are kind of belong to Life. Mostly. You could just move the rock so it ACTS like a Golem, but that’d take a lot of Focus. It’d be easier just to throw rocks.]

Avante

“Why would I want to fight another person? Do you remember how badly it went the last time we tried that? And thank you ever so much for remembering my name, Leo.” I get the feeling the name ‘Leo’ is associated with lyons. No, lions. Whatever those are. I’m sure they’d want to EAT MY FACE, though. Everything does. “Anyway, where’re we going?” I gesture towards the other guy who popped out of the ground. “And should we take him?”

Flag Post

Leo
“The more the merrier I always say. As long as he doesn’t try to kill me with my own spinal cord, I’m fine with him. As for where….you were here first, I’ll trust your judgement.”

Flag Post

Honour
I charge into battle, the searing light on my blade melts away at the icy giants, bringing them to thier knees, proceeded by one well placed blast to the chest. Several of the gods destroy other giants just as easily.
“So you said these guys were trouble?”
Tyr
I cave in his chest with my sword.
“Not these ones, thier leaders are much harder, and I believe they have conscripted help from a much more powerful entity too.”
We hear a large roar up ahead, a furious roar of one who lost all his minions.
Honour
“I guess this battle has just begun.”
I charge in, throwing a javelin of light at the giant. He grasps it in his hand and flings it away, he then points towards Tyr. A large amount of ice falls on him from almost mid air, he dives sideways but gets caught.
“Tyr!” I blast him with healing magic and try to distract the giant with a bright burst of sunlight.
The leader giant staggers backwards and Tyr brings his sword straight through the Giant’s leg, smashing it.
The giant then lifts his arm in the air ans summons a greataxe made of ice, which he proceeds to swing round in a huge arc, the ice underneath explodes, a flurry of ice and frost is thrown into our faces. Thor throws his hammer into the air towards the giant, it flies forwards and goes straight through his head, bringing it to the ground.
After we finished off the giant we began returning to the other world but when we reach the entrance we see a large shadowy figure blocking the exit. “Long time no see, Tyr.”

Flag Post

May
“…”

“If you don’t know you shall never know your answers!”

“..But..”

“Die!”

I lay on the floor, dead.

Flag Post

Figs.
Aequlibrium
There’s something powerful that drew me into here. What is it, though? I begin searching, by going down the mountain.

KILL COUNT: 30

Flag Post

Avante

“Oh, sure, sure. But we should probably get going somewhere. I have no idea where the people I’m looking for are, so I don’t have much preference. Do you have any ideas? I could have to look in the well, for all I know. Well, that’s probably not the best of ideas, so we can come back to that later. But seriously, we do have to go somewhere. For some reason, I feel pressed for time.”

Flag Post

Vlanz Hadadana
‘We shall go to the moon, where lost treasures are aboundeded! Fwahfwahfwaaaah.’

[There’s my anti-spite post, Knoob. Are ye happy noo?]

Flag Post

[This has ground to a halt… Tharfore, I’ll do something to get people to gogogo. Later.]

Flag Post

[Sublots were bad idea cos people nao no posteyyy.]
Honour
The looming figure in front of us had fur, it had eyes, it had teeth and it was DEFINATELY nobody’s grandmother. From it’s core I can see an emminating light that glows from it’s abdomen, with a kind of dead warmth. It was the great wolf Fenrir.
“Who let you free? Was it the ones who call themselves Rift?!”
“Yeesss. It has beeen soooo loong since I waallked amoung the liiving.”
The beast lifted one collossal claw and brought it down in a blow that would destroy houses, it then brought down it’s gaping maw and swallowed us all in one bite.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ocelot:

[Sublots were bad idea cos people nao no posteyyy.]
Honour
The looming figure in front of us had fur, it had eyes, it had teeth and it was DEFINATELY nobody’s grandmother. From it’s core I can see an emminating light that glows from it’s abdomen, with a kind of dead warmth. It was the great wolf Fenrir.
“Who let you free? Was it the ones who call themselves Rift?!”
“Yeesss. It has beeen soooo loong since I waallked amoung the liiving.”
The beast lifted one collossal claw and brought it down in a blow that would destroy houses, it then brought down it’s gaping maw and swallowed us all in one bite.

[Cue plot event. If anyone really objects, you can stay where you are.]

Everyone

There appears to be a purple portal. WHICH EATS YOU. Happily for you, you are not digested, but are then deposited on the other end of a portal which appears to be on sand. Which is a beach… Or not, considering that there’s no water. Did I mention the part where there’s a huge circular stone structure around you? Or that there appear to be many stands built into it with cheering crowds? Minus the cheering, and the crowds, of course. There is a large balcony above a portcullis directly ahead, though. And that one has a sole occupant. And this occupant happens to be an aged man, with a hook nose and trimmed silver hair. He’s also wearing a wreath of sorts on his head, and is wearing a white robe with a sash of purple across it. He appears to be languishing in some sort of throne or other, too. It’s quite fancy. If there was a pawn shop, you’d totally take it to it. You can’t see much behind the dull and rusty bars of the portcullis, but you can see a winch on the outside. With no-one to man it, apparently. There also appears to be even rustier portcullis on either side of you, quite far away; The structure you’re in is quite massive. Oh, also, there appear to be a lot of people there. You recognise them, actually. Or, at least you should, considering that it’s a group consisting only of Player Characters from this game. Granted, Leo and Tierro won’t recognise anyone but Avante and maybe Almond, but still…

Flag Post

Honour
When the wolf swallows us, I see a flash of purple light and end up seperated from Tyr and the other gods and have appeared near the people I was with before. “So it’s back to us again? I suspect that since the wolf was a Rift mercinary that we were all sent here by Rift. But then it could not have been random that we have been reunited which goes further to confirm my suspicions.”

Flag Post

[DAMNIT, I’M GOING TO HARASS ALL OF MY ‘PLAYERSAGAIN]

Flag Post

[I can’t post if nobody replies to what I say.]

Flag Post
Originally posted by ocelot:

[I can’t post if nobody replies to what I say.]

[You’re the only one that HAS been posting, damnit! Still, I’m not giving up on this. I didn’t spend weeks planning it with AN for it to end like this. Even if you’re my only player, I’ll keep this going, damnit.]

Avante

“I have NO IDEA what you’re talking about. I somehow doubt it was those ‘Rift’ people, though. If it was, it’d be good. After all, I’m trying to find them. Now, any ideas about what we should do next? Maybe we could ask that fellow over there about where we are?” I gesture towards the man on the throne.

Flag Post

[I’ll post with BP again, if you say please.]

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tacket:

[I’ll post with BP again, if you say please.]

[‘please.]’]

Flag Post

Meimu
“Well let’s just go and talk with him already? Not much else to do around here.”

Flag Post

[I’m going to get a stabby knife and impale all my ‘players’ in the heart with it. Except you, AN, and Tomato. I might keel Ros to make up for that, though.]

Avante

I shrug. “I suppose we should. But it’s not like we’re going anywhere to speak to him. We might as well take the time to plan out what we say. Or at least decide on what we say. While I might go with whatever fate dictates, there’s no reason to stumble blindly and write a fate that will get us our heads lopped off. After all, acceptance is not quite the same as stupidity.”