[Game] Horizon (locked)

629 posts

Flag Post

What is Horizon?

This is Horizon. A battle against a threat on the inside who will try to do as much as he (or she?) can to destroy your succession. Can you find out who is the mole and survive the longest without having to walk into the Horizon?

This forum game is based on another forum game called ‘The Mole’ and any possible similarities must be ignored. There may be such or there may not be.

Elimination Quizzes

After every three tasks, everyone except the mole will be asked questions about the mole’s identity. The person to perform worst will be eliminated.

But, there is a way to prevent yourself from getting eliminated. Every now and then, players get a chance to obtain immunity. With immunity, they will only have to tell about their suspicions, but not have to take the quiz or be eliminated.

Activity

As I said in the application thread, activity is highly required. REMEMBER TO BE ACTIVE!!! If you are inactive for three days in a row, you will be given a warning, and if you are five days inactive in a row, you will be replaced. Beware.

Flag Post

Player List

1. BadgesFreak
2. hiperson134
3. LouWeed
4. MaistlinRajere
5. ocelot
6. racefan12
7. S_98
8. SamsterSamster
9. WiiPlayer113
10. Woon1957

Flag Post

Round 1, Task 1: Counting Together

Welcome to the Horizon. It’s a beautiful place, but there’s a mole digging around here. Now, onto your first task…

There was a reason why I asked you to give me a random number between 1 and 100. Your first task is to count the numbers of all ten players together. If your final result matches my final result (post your result in bold in this thread), you will gain money for the pot – but how much money? You’ll find out later!

But wait, how am I supposed to remember a random number? For this task – and only this task – you may look back at your sign-up applications. Your deadline for this task is 16th of March, 2012 at 5:30 PM (GMT +2). Good luck – for both the good guys and the mole!

Flag Post

Yay! It started :D

Well, so that everybody knows, my number was 42.

Flag Post

So we just have to say what number we said in the quiz? Easy peasy… But surely the mole will just throw us off?

Flag Post

He / she could, who knows?

Flag Post

Surely it would be easy for the Mole to do it unseen then. Not much point in looking for the mole this round unless there is something we can do to work out who it was using the difference between the two different totals.

Well I may as well start off by saying my random number was 27.

Flag Post

Blu, I imagine that we aren’t allowed to show our PMs to prove we are telling the truth about our number, right? Because in The Mole, we couldn’t.

MaistlinRajere: 42
ocelot: 27

Total: 69

Flag Post

Just assume that’s true.

Flag Post

In that case, let it be known my number was 92.

Flag Post

Total: 161

Flag Post

Mine was 86.

Flag Post

Total: 247

Flag Post

I said 78.

Flag Post

Total: 325

Flag Post

Well obviously my random number was 12

Actually, I sent in 39.

And just an interesting strategy tip: Some people might actually try to appear suspicious even if they’re not the mole. By doing that, they’ll cause other people to suspect them, which makes everyone else less likely to discover the true mole, giving the first player an advantage.

Flag Post

1. MaistlinRajere: 42
2.ocelot: 27
3. hiperson134: 92
4. WiiPlayer113: 86
5. SamsterSamster: 78
6. racefan12: 39

Total: 364

Flag Post

Yes, I expect there will be more than two totals when all’s said and done.

Flag Post

Didn’t need to look, I chose the highest prime number I could — 97

Flag Post

Okay so I have a plan. Somebody come out and say they’ve changed their number, change it by about 30 in one direction and we have a chance of either A) Negating the Mole’s change and B) catching the real one.

Flag Post

I chose 26, as it’s my birthday. 9/26.

Flag Post

I chose 69, don’t ask why.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ocelot:

Okay so I have a plan. Somebody come out and say they’ve changed their number, change it by about 30 in one direction and we have a chance of either A) Negating the Mole’s change and B) catching the real one.

Only the mole would come up with this plan.

Flag Post

1. MaistlinRajere: 42
2.ocelot: 27
3. hiperson134: 92
4. WiiPlayer113: 86
5. SamsterSamster: 78
6. racefan12: 39
7. LouWeed: 97
8. BadgesFreak: 26
9. Woon1957: 69

Total: 556

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

Well obviously my random number was 12

Actually, I sent in 39.

And just an interesting strategy tip: Some people might actually try to appear suspicious even if they’re not the mole. By doing that, they’ll cause other people to suspect them, which makes everyone else less likely to discover the true mole, giving the first player an advantage.

FYI, whan I asterisked the Mole tasks, they were accidental. Purely accidental. I know, I’m very bad at these stuff.