[CONGRATULATIONS!] World Wars (locked)

887 posts

Flag Post

Flag Post

The world just begun, there were just two continents in the whole world. And their were seven countries with alot of unoccupied land. There wasn’t much, just alot of gold to be made and all the land in the world to your self. Who were the seven generals for the countries you ask? You’re him. You are battling six other countries and players in this competetive strategy game. To learn how to play read below.

How to Play

The game will go in turns, each player start out with $200 to spend on units and supplies. Every region you have means more money, your cash comes in at the start of your turn. For every region you have you get the income shown on the region at the start every round. Your goal is to capture all 51 regions in the world, to do so, you must kick everybody out. To kick somebody out of a region you have to have units, lets say you have 50 units and the region you’re trying to take over has 45, you can take over this region because you have more units then that region does. If you choose to raid the region you will take over that region and have 5 units left after the raid. If you have 20 units and your trying to raid a region with 30, you will have 0 units and the region will have 10 units. If you have 100 units and you choose the option attack (notice how I said attack not raid) a region with 150 units, you can attack the region with 20 units, after the attack you will have 80 units and that region will have 130 units.

Move Options

Every turn you have 4 moves to spend. The options you have to spend these on are listed below.

Pass: You may pass your turn, you will gather your income but nothing else will happen.
Move: Moving units to another region you own costs 1 move point. Moving units is good for when you know a big attack is coming in a region and you want more units to defend that area.
Attack: Attacking costs 2 move points, to attack you set a certain amount of units that you have to attack a region, lets say you have 20 units,and you want to attack a region with 30 units, you want to attack that region with 5 units, so your move would be “Attack (region here) with 5 units”, you now have 15 units and the region has 25 units. If you have 50 units attacking a region with 50 units, you may attack but both will have no units, nobody claims any land, just the region attacked has no units.
Raid: Raids cost 3 move points. Raids are similar to attacking, but instead of lowering the amount of units the region has, you take it over. If you have 60 units and the region has 20, if you say “Raid (Region here)” your 60 will become 40, that region will have 0 and you will gain that region as territory, but you may want to move units over there since it starts out with 0 units.
Gift: Gifting takes 0 move points, gifting is where you give another region a certain amount of cash or units.
Buy: Buying costs 0 move points. To buy just say “I buy (Object you wish to buy) for (Amount of gold is costs)”, What can you buy? Look below!

The Store

The store is where you buy units, without units, you have 0% chance of winning.

Boat: $220 – Allows access to docks. If you own a dock and a boat you can sail to the other continent, you may only sail to another region if it has a dock. Your units MUST be in a region with a dock to move the units over to another region. You must raid the region once you enter it UNLESS the region is occupied with a member of your alliance.
Soldier $110 – Worth 1 Unit: Hire a Soldier to charge in with a sword and shield, bad alone but effective in groups. Must be adjacent to targeted region when attacking
Archer: $166 – Worth 2 units: Hire an Archer to assault anybody. Must be adjacent to targeted region when attacking
Gunsman: $220 – Worth 3 Units: Hire a Gunsman with a rifle to kill anyone who stands in your way. Must be adjacent to targeted region when attacking
Grenade: $440 – Worth 7 units: Buy a Frag Gernade to toss into a region to kill others. Can “hop” over 1 region when attacking
RPG: $885 – Worth 16 Units: Buy a missle for that RPG and explode a region to bits!. Can “hop” over 1 region when attacking
Time Bomb: $1,435 – Worth 38 Units: Buy a time bomb to sneak into a region, set a timer and run! Can “hop” over 2 regions when attacking
Torpedo: $1,765 – Worth 15 Units: A unique weapon that cant be used on land, only in the water. You must use it on a coastal region and you can only hit other coastal regions.
Bomb: $2,755 – Worth 85 Units: Buy a bomb to drop down from the skies and blow the land into another realm! Can “hop” over 3 regions when attacking
Attack Droids: $4,500 – Worth 10 units: These Droids can attack across water, it may hit any region on the other continent and may “hop” over 2 regions if being used on the same continent.
Explosive Mines: $5,510 – Worth 190 units: Buy 100 mines to place in a region turning that region into a mine field, let the soldiers explode on one step! Can “hop” over 3 regions when attacking
Nuke: $15,000 – Automatically Takes over any region and 4 other regions of your choice adjacent to targeted area, any units in that area is now gone. Can hit any region on any island or continent.

NOTE: If you have a gunsman and a soldier, (equalling 4 units) You can move 2 units to one region and 2 to another region. You can also move 3 units to one region and 1 unit to another, or 4 all into one region.

Alliances/Truces

Alliances can be made! If you form together and team up agastint one person, thats totally acceptable, but the people in your alliances may want cash for helping you out. Alliances can have up to 3 people in them, so no forming all together and no war goes on therefore the game ends, thats the only reason why I have this rule.

Taking Over Regions

You can take over regions two ways, force, or economically.

Force: By forcing ruling kings out of their regions you can attack them as described in the how to play section. If you have 30 units taking over a region with 10 units. You will get region 2 and region 1 will have 20 units left over.

OverSeas/Force: If you own a boat and a region with a dock, (orange squares), you can sail to another continent and forcefully take over the region. Before you ask “Let’s say im attacking OverSeas, do I have to raid a region with a dock?” and the answer is no. Any coastal region (A coastal region is a region touching water) is legal to attack/raid. Once your ship lands, you must raid that region UNLESS the region is occupied with an allianced country, then in that case, your units will bunker down in the allianced region.

Economically: When you economically (or buy) sombody out of a region. You gain any units that region has along with the territory. Buying can be the best thing to do in some regions, but it can be the worst options because just buying the units to raid the region would be alot cheaper. Each region has its own price, value configuration is $85 for every unit, $15 for every income, and if the region owns a dock then the value of the region is increased by $500. Quite pricey to buy a region but some of the time cheaper!

OverSeas/Economically: Later in the game a green dock will appear, this green dock is an economic dock. In most cases this will boost the income of the region gaining this dock. If you have a region with an economic dock, then you can Economically force out anybody with a economic dock.

Natural Events

Natural Events may happen to a specific region, country, continent, or world. Anything can happen, such as tornados, earthquakes, indians, gold rush, anything. These can be bad or good, bad as natural disasters, which effects units negatively. Good as Gold Rushes, RNG will roll a random region which will automatically give the owner of that region amount of gold that is named in the event title. If nobody owns the land that the gold rush appears, the person who captures that region the same round that the event occured in, will get said amount. If nobody claims the land in that round then the gold will be dried up and taken by the indians.

Signs

1. MysteryMason, Mystic Mastopia.
2. Zzzip50, Ivalice.
3. W0LVERINE123, Emerald Empire.
4. CoolNoah23, Shadow Lands.
5. UndeadCupcake3, The Unified Regions of Mu.
6. SimenG, Parasitius
7. Hyped, Zacek

NOTE: Before you sign, give your country a name!

Flag Post

Sign.

Flag Post

Name: Gabe Olson
Country’s Name: Ivalice
Desired Start Location: Larke
Desired Player #: 2

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mysterymason:

Sign.

What do you want your country’s name to be? This is what’s going on the right side along with your name.

Flag Post

Advice(2 ideas):

Why not add ‘tech levels’ to the game?
Cost: 1000*level desired. Only 1 level per session allowed.
Result: Your attacks and defenses grow by 25% each level. Every 3rd level also introduces a new unit of your own design, based on lv, growing by 1 every 15 levels. (for example, aircraft and special units)

You could also add ‘fortresses’ to the game. Fortresses have 5 stages.
Cost: 500, doubling per stage.
Explain: First stage gives a 50% defense bonus. Each stage increases that bonus by 50% cumulative gains. However, thru tech levels, you can develop siege tools that provide ‘coverage’ up to a certain level. They would also grant a set cumulative 100% bonus to income for that area.

Tech lvs would be individual for each land.

Flag Post

Country Name: Mystic Mastopia. (Vain, I know.)

Flag Post

Developous brings up a good point with his first post, too: are we allowed to pick our starting location? If so, I totally want Jorven.

On a more important note, I’m not quite sure how the units are handled. Basically, my concern regards the classification of individual units. When buying a Grenade (Gernade?), for example, is the idea that one receives 7 Grenade-typed units which can hop a region (as opposed to, say, Soldier-typed units, which cannot), or…? I’m very confused on that point.

Flag Post

I think it means just 7 units total. No real special units and such, basicly.

The reason for these 2 ideas is to give us land development options.

Flag Post
Originally posted by developous:

I think it means just 7 units total. No real special units and such, basicly.

The reason for these 2 ideas is to give us land development options.

But then what’s all this about “hopping” a region and such? That’s where I have become confused.

Flag Post

Sign, Country: Shadow Lands

Flag Post
Originally posted by W0LVERINE123:

Developous brings up a good point with his first post, too: are we allowed to pick our starting location? If so, I totally want Jorven.

On a more important note, I’m not quite sure how the units are handled. Basically, my concern regards the classification of individual units. When buying a Grenade (Gernade?), for example, is the idea that one receives 7 Grenade-typed units which can hop a region (as opposed to, say, Soldier-typed units, which cannot), or…? I’m very confused on that point.

Hopefully to clear things up, Lets say you live in South Yulk, If you have 1 soldier You may only attack east and north yulk, if you have a grenade unit you may attack north and east yul, along with the regions theft, rotted flesh, austin, and forsk. Make since?

also, a grenade unit counts as 7 units, its just alot cheaper than buying 7 soldiers.

Flag Post

And yes, You may choose where you want to start but remember, you may only start in the regions where the units stat is 0. So you may start in Retched Path, Larke, No Man’s pass, District of Jumbiluh, Rarities, Kernal, or Gert.

Flag Post

I’ll start in No Man’s Pass.

Flag Post
Originally posted by stone667:
Originally posted by W0LVERINE123:

Hopefully to clear things up, Lets say you live in South Yulk, If you have 1 soldier You may only attack east and north yulk, if you have a grenade unit you may attack north and east yul, along with the regions theft, rotted flesh, austin, and forsk. Make since?

For the most part, yes, that makes sense, although it seems like it would be difficult to keep track of large amounts of units, since someone could have, potentially, 9 different types of units in any single region, plus a Boat. Or two Boats. Or whatever.

Flag Post

Don’t worry about that, I’ll keep track of how much cash every body has, how many regions every body has, how much income everybody has, and how many of which kinds of units they have.

Flag Post

Alright, cool.

On the topic of starting locations, the Emerald Empire shall begin in Rarities. A nice name for a capital city, don’t you think?

Flag Post

I take it you dont want these ideas?

Last Idea:

Artefacts
Explain: Controlling certain lands could actually weild special bonuses. There would be 7 artefacts -

Art#1 – Ishap’s Tower.
Explain: Allows 2 more fortress levels in your bases.

Art#2 – Greedens Crest.
Explain: Gain 5gp per unit you control.

Art#3 – Crimson Seaport.
Explain: Seafaring forces can ‘hop’ 2 more spaces.

Art#4 – Menkarban Agricultural Corps
Explain: You gain 50% more income than usual with all stats.

Art#5 – Great War Academy
Explain: On all attacks and defends, you gain a 50% combat bonus after all calculations.

Art#6 – Advanced Economic Infrastructure
Explain: All purchases are 30% cheaper than usual except fortresses and tech levels..

Art#7 – Delta Research Complex
Explain: Each tech level only increases by 500gp, and you gain 3 bonus units while you have this. (cannot change once decided)

Flag Post

It seems quite alot of work to put into a game, and to write all the information along with units and income in each region would be near impossible.

Flag Post

Do you guys want 6 or 5 players instead of 7 to make the game go by faster?

Flag Post

Nah, I think 7 is a good number, personally.

Also, if possible, I’d like to change my starting position to Rarities. I misread the map earlier when looking at their surroundings. >_<

Flag Post

(Make it 5.)

Flag Post

It seems quite alot of work to put into a game, and to write all the information along with units and income in each region would be near impossible.

7 people. Also, I see 2 ways to accomodate the features, but lets see if others even approve of the THREE things now (edited last post with ‘artefacts’)

Opt1: The tech bonus only applies to the chosen territory where developed.
Opt2: The tech bonus applies to the entire empire, allowing all viable areas to benefit from such.

Flag Post

Country’s Name: The Unified Regions of Mu
Start Location:-Heart of the North-

EDIT: Sorry, i didn’t see the post. I’ll start in Rarities

Flag Post

+1 then we will start, since it was going to be either 5 or 7, I decided to go with the middle.