[SIGNUPS] [RP] Another Generic Game Where Normal People Get Superpowers [ALWAYS OPEN] page 7

198 posts

Flag Post

1. Fine, if you want to make it easy
2. D: Nuuuu! Okay, so it creates a draft of wind and avoids the foe or just doesn’t work on foes. Better?

Flag Post

Fine, if you want to make it easy

*narrows eyes* I’ll be watching, nerf bat ready.

just doesn’t work on foes

This is better. Your power is yours to control, after all; you can make it specifically affect or not affect any number of targets.

Flag Post

I call it the nerf gun.

Flag Post

According to TV Tropes, the word “nerf” originates from the Nerf foam bat.

Bell is accepted, I guess. Gonna finish Octavia soon?

Flag Post

It’s the weekend so I will later.

Flag Post

Before we proceed further, some things need to be discussed.

It’s been about… half a day? One day at most? Since the monsters appeared. And the city is already in pretty much complete chaos. But the people living in the city are not stupid. Realistically, what would they do in a situation like this? What would the city council and mayor do? What would the TV and radio stations do? How long will it take before the higher-ups, e.g. provincial and federal governments, know what’s going on? What will the higher-ups do? Note that since I’ve decided that we’re all in Vancouver, this is no longer USA but Canada; hence provincial government.

If things got this bad already, I think it’s likely that the mayor tries to broadcast to his citizens to not panic, but he gets killed by monsters on TV where everyone sees; hence mass panic and chaos. Vancouver is not the only city infested by monsters either. By the time the federal government sends in, say, the army, the monsters here will have already evolved to become so powerful that the army will be no match without superpowers.

Do you guys have any suggestions? I want to make the situation as realistic as possible, and I can’t do it by myself. I need your help. Like, give me a list of which structures and organizations and services in the city would be disrupted or destroyed, and which ones would be still functioning, at the moment.

Another thing, not as important, is that I assume you people don’t go to the same school as my characters (James Hawking, Rina Adams, Keith Maxwell, Sara Okazaki, Tyler Grayson, Janet Maxwell). They’re very popular in their school, and almost all the students know their band; they perform in all the school events and such. If you don’t recognize them, you probably aren’t in their school. They post their renditions of popular songs on YouTube (50% Vocaloid, 20% J-pop, 30% English mainstream pop) and have a little fanbase, but it’s probably not big enough that some other player characters are in it. Unless you want to, of course.

Flag Post

I suggest, for some realistic ideas, that you play Pandemic II on Realistic Mode.

This should be brodcasted nationally and internationally, partially so I can see all of Madagascar freak out, and to see if other countries are going to have the monsters.

If you bring the army, wouldn’t we have to fight them?

Is everyone going to think that the monsters are a virus?
If yes, docks should be closed.
[Is there a source of the monsters like the meteors?]

Flag Post

I’m guessing airports and ports would be shutting down, army would get sent in, in about a day or two electricity would get shut down, in about four no more running water.

Army would be sent into big cities, smaller cities would be neglected and bet sent to hell. Now the cliche thing is that the army wants to kill everyone, infected or not, the cities would also be quarantined, no more in and out, first contact they’d attack us, you know considering we have powers, like the monsters.

Radio and TV would get shutdown. Anything big and not made to hold off a riot would be wrecked by the monsters. I’m guessing downtown is already gone to hell, the suburbs would be doing better, well look better, there’d still be a small amount of monsters running around.

Flag Post

Primary Name: Kobalt

Other Names: Kobalt Parker

Appearance: Kobalt is 174 cm tall, he’s slightly plump and he has a normal complexion. He keeps his dark brown hair long but not too long. He wears a white sweater, black jeans and black sneakers.

Personality: He’s a nice guy whom most people like but he has a rather short temper so he tries to ignore those who make him mad. He like animals very much although he doesn’t have a pet because his parent are allergic to animals with fur or feathers and they don’t like reptiles. He likes inventing stuffs, He learn things quickly.

Skills:

Easy learner: He learns things that anybody teaches him easily.

Inventing: He’s great at inventing things and tinkering with stuff, he can sometimes make a weapon for fighting when he has enough materials but his inventions will break after 4 or 3 turns during a battle

Easy Communication: He can talk to or understand animals a little bit.

Abilities:

(Rank 1,Mind) Summoning- He can summon small animals for 10 turns to help him fight (at rank 2 he summond medium sized animals and on rank 3 he can summon large animals). the animal he summons depends on his location ex.when he’s near water he can summon fishes, turtle or frogs, when on land he can summon bugs, squirrels,etc. when on high altitudes he can summon flying animals.

(Rank 1,Mind) DisGravitation- he can fire a beam that makes an object uneffected by gravity which makes it easier to throw or lift, but because it is only rank one he can only use it on one object at a time on rank two he can use it on three objects and on rank three he can use it on five objects.

Background: Kobalt used to live with his family in their farm in texas and moved to his own apartment in the city with a room mate to go to highschool. He fixes everything in his apartment. He got his powers from a weird alley dog that bit him.

Flag Post

Umm Where do you play the RP?

Flag Post

Thank you, A_S and Mark. Your suggestions will be taken into consideration. When I finally get in the mood to post again, that is.

Is there a source of the monsters like the meteors?

Some shady underground organization created the first monster, the one with the purple-black electricity and teleportation. That monster teleported all over the world and spread the infection everywhere.

Originally posted by Narwhal22:

Umm Where do you play the RP?

If you read the first post, you’d already know.

For one thing, this isn’t a turn-based RPG. You can’t “do whatever for X turns”.

He can summon small animals for 10 turns to help him fight

Where do the animals come from? You can’t create them from nothing, because the biochemistry and stuff in animals are extremely complicated. You can’t teleport nearby animals to you either, because there are no ways that the animals can prevent themselves from being summoned; no ability can be unavoidable like this.

he can fire a beam that makes an object uneffected by gravity

What is “an object”? Vaguely defined powers like this can be very easily abused.

He got his powers from a weird alley dog that bit him.

If you read the signup sheet carefully enough, you would know why this wouldn’t work.

Flag Post

Primary Name: Chance
Other Names: chance lee mulligen, lee,that guy
Appearance: 6.0 foot slender build black hair green eyes
Personality: smart laid back person who is reasonable enjoys reading
Skills: amateur singer ,some self defense
Abilities: rank 1 :flight as of now i can jump great distance but cant sustain flight
rank 1 :shapeshifter
i can change my hand into an asortment of weapons as of now only to be able to completely shift later
Background:moved to the city from suburban area as i was in my apt i was awoken by a loud crash a glowing green rock had crashed into my room i picked it up and set it on my nightstand. i awoke that morning and walked to the bathroom and took a shower as i left the building i jumped off the curb and flew 15 feet into the air

Flag Post

I’m sorry, but, well… I’d really prefer if people playing my games can use proper grammar, punctuations, and spelling. It doesn’t have to be absolutely perfect, but it should be at least easy to read.

Flag Post

i apoligize for that so should i take it as a no
if so thanks for considering me

Flag Post

There’s nothing wrong other than your grammar. If you can fix that, I’ll accept you.

Flag Post

Primary Name: Chance
Other Names: chance lee mulligen, lee,that guy
Appearance: 6.0 foot slender build with black hair and green eyes
Personality: smart, laid back person who is reasonable.and enjoys reading
Skills: amateur singer , and some self defense
Abilities: rank 1 :flight as of now i can jump great distance but i cant sustain flight
rank 1 :shapeshifter i can change my hand into an asortment of weapons, as of now, only to be able to completely shift later
Background:moved to the city from suburban area. As i was in my apt. i was awoken by a loud crash a glowing green rock had crashed into my room i picked it up and set it on my nightstand. i awoke that morning and walked to the bathroom, and took a shower. as i left the building i jumped off the curb and flew 15 feet into the air
i think i fixed it

Flag Post

Not quite there yet, but better. You’re accepted. I assume both abilities are Body abilities?

Flag Post

yes both are body you said we are able to gain new abilities corect and by practice we are able to advance our skills . when do we start the game itself

Flag Post

The game already started a long time ago; you can find the link on the first post. Right now it only has 7 pages, which isn’t too much to read.

Flag Post

thanks

Flag Post

(I strike back.)

Primary Name: John

Other Names: John Clarence, Clarence.

Appearance: 192 cm, tall and average guy. His skin is darker then usual since addicted to basketball. Black eyes, spent most of his time wearing sport shirts, shorts and shoes.

Personality: John is quick judge, sometimes make him a jerk for being so. However, he is very, and i mean very, social-able. He can make friends for the first hour of meeting. He usually talks peace, but if agitated, he may do anything possible that came into his mind. He will stop at nothing to get the job done, which makes him feared by local street thug. John is sort of quick-thinker. But because of little to none contact with computers, he don’t really understand much of it.

Skills:

- Outdoor Living: John can live outdoor with his trusty survival kit. He can stay in a jungle for a month and come out with some bruises.

- Agile: Being a basketball player make him fast on his feet. He move fast enough, comparable to the legendary Usain Bolt.

- Stealthy: Also being a outdoor guy, he can pause his breath in the shadow long enough for him to get the job done.

- Weaponry: He handled all kinds of weapon before. He knows how to handle a gun properly.

- Close combatant: He fought with all kind of thugs, he can beat the crap outta most person standing in his path.

Abilities:

- Metal Muscles (Rank 1 Body)
With the metallic muscles from his legs or hands. It can crush bones without a single problem.

- Fry (Rank 1 Mind)
With intense electromagnetic pulse from his mind it can fry wires in a 3 meter range. Cutting down electricity, he uses it to do quick work of brightly illuminated area.

Background: Before all it happens, John is a outdoor guy. He almost spent half of his lives outdoor. He loves sports, he plays all kinds of them. Ranging from badminton, table tennis, tennis to basketball, football, volley ball. He also favor to go to a gun range and test out different types of weaponry. He also protects his street from local thugs that like to causes trouble for him. The mobster feared him and wants to get rid of him.However, these “plans” never succeed. One night, John was at a local basketball court with his friend. On his way back, he saw meteor shower, stopping on his foot to have a look at the beautiful scene, a strange hexagon shaped substances fell nearby. He picked it up, the substance melted into his body, giving him his first superpower, and thus begin the absurd but real story of him.

(I give up on Transiens because i can’t follow the story anymore.)

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Shandys is accepted. Try not to fry any important electronic equipments if you ever go to the makeshift underground bunker I have yet to introduce.

Flag Post

Good, where should I start?

(Major letdown on Fry was chemical lights, maybe you can take that idea to prevent me from frying too much stuff.)

Flag Post

Underground bunker? This is game will be too realistic, damn me! I should melt the whole bunker down so we can kill zombies all day. Mwhahaha.

Originally posted by Shandys:

Good, where should i start?

(Major letdown on Fry was chemical lights, maybe you can take that idea to prevent me from frying too much stuff.)

English isn’t your first language, is it?