[GAME] [RP] Another Generic Game Where Normal People Get Superpowers [SIGNUPS ALWAYS OPEN]

210 posts

Flag Post

Reserved for lock.

The signup thread is here; please keep all OOC posts in the signup thread.

Flag Post

Keith Maxwell

The water of Fraser River flows almost silently along, glinting softly in the midnight moonlight. I stare into the water’s mesmerizing patterns, lost in thought.

I briefly consider jumping in.

…hell no. I’m not a weakling like him.

“Fuck,” I swear, punches the ground hard, and grimace in pain, as my thoughts once again return to James Hawking, my best friend who just fucking killed himself. Who was he to imply I’m weak, when he offed himself the moment his girlfriend’s gone?! Pathetic.

Tyler. Janet. Sara. Me. Did we mean nothing to him? Is everything else in the world so worthless compared to Rina that he’d rather follow her in death?

Heh. Just looking at what he did, the answer was obvious enough. I heard from Mr. Hawking that Rina’s photos were all over James’s bed, and her songs were still blaring into his dead ears when they found him. Selfish bastard. Did he even think about how his parents would feel?! If I can pull his soul back from the afterlife or something, I’d seriously…

The worst part is, some part of me just wants to blame Rina for all of this. But I know I can’t. She’s just so nice, and… Goddammit, she didn’t deserve to die! The fucking earthquake just had to… Like, how many people died in total? Seven? Eight? If there’s a God, is he screwing with us or something?! A minor quake like this, and it made Tyler paraplegic and killed Rina! GOD, FUCK YOU!

As if responding to my insult, a brilliant flash bursts into existence in the sky. What the…

I look up. Holy freaking…

Meteors. Hundreds of them, of every color imaginable in the rainbow, dyeing psychedic patterns in the sky. What the hell are in those meteors? I know copper burns green, lithium burns pinkish red, and… There’s no way in hell that meteors containing all of those elements can arrive together like this! What…

And is that big blue one coming at me?! “Shit!” I bolt upright and begin to run. But that ball of brilliant electric blue light just keeps getting bigger and brighter. I try to run, but how are you supposed to outrun a meteorite?! I dunno how big that thing is, but I do know that if I get hit, I’m fucked! Dammit, am I gonna die too?! What did I do to piss off God that he’d send a meteor at me?! Was it all those games I pirated? The time I DDoS’d that troll’s blog? Come on, that guy had it coming! I-

Oh shit. Shit shit shit shit SHIT THE METEOR’S COMING! I’M GONNA DIE! Dammit, I haven’t even confessed to Sara yet! What the hell happened to her anyways, not answering any of our phone calls or emails or whatever! AND WHY AM I THINKING ABOUT A GIRL WHEN I’M ABOUT TO BE HIT BY A METEOR! AAAAAAAARGH! NOOOOOOOOOO!

My whole world explodes into intense silvery blue light. For the briefest instant I feel the sensation of being charred by a lightning bolt and being skinned by a thousand cold metal blades. Then everything goes blank.

[No, you do not have to get hit by a meteor to get superpowers; in fact, it’s so rare that I don’t expect it to happen with anyone else. I did it to Keith purely for dramatic effects; it has no other impact on his powers. All you need is to be in an area where the rainbow meteor showers occurred (there are many around the world), where the phlebotinum from the meteors scattered in the atmosphere. And no, the color of the meteor actually has nothing to do with your powers, but the sensations as your powers awaken do.]

[Your first post should be of your powers awakening. It can happen suddenly and cause you to abruptly experience unpleasant symptoms, or it can happen after you wake up and also make you experience unpleasant symptoms. Note that all of you only just discovered your powers, and aren’t very experienced with them yet; the only exception is Sara because she (ACCESS DENIED).]

[Lastly, remember that you can do pretty much whatever you want and make up your own plot. However, if you’re planning to make an important antagonist or some NPC or faction, you should PM me first.]

Flag Post

Mark Tupas
I find myself wandering around the outskirts of my little town at night. It’s walks like this that just makes me look up at the sky and say its beautiful, the dark sky sprinkled with stars. I think to myself. Once and a while you might just see a falling star with a… gleaming rainbow trail following it? I see a bunch of multi-colored meteorites fall from the sky into a forest about half a mile from town.
Kraze
Dude! That is fricken awesome! Lets head over to the forest and check it out!
Shylus
Um.. I would like it, um, if we wouldn’t, but, um, if you want to its okay with me…
Sedit
Yeah, I agree with Shylus!
Confai
Come on guys, don’t be chicken!
Mark
I find myself running towards the forest out of curiosity. I then see a huge meteorite in the middle of a clearing and I think to myself if I should try to approach it. However my eyes turn red and I start to approach the meteorite.
Kraze
Sorry buddy, but this is just too cool! I see a fairly small piece of the meteorite on the ground and pick it up. Hey guys do you think that this would get me first prize in a science fair? Haha… oh shit its glowing… hehe cool rainbow color…
Astute
Kraze you dimwit put it down!
Kraze
Well Mark back to you.
Mark
Kraze sometimes I really hate… I still didn’t put it down haven’t I? The world starts slowing down and I feel a acute… disturbance in my eyes. Also I have a weird feeling, it feels like getting pulled, but backwards.
Astute
Interesting…
Mark
Everything goes black. I wake up, nauseous and with a headache. The sun is coming up but its still pretty dark, better get home before my mom figures i’m out of bed! I stand up using a tree for support.
Astute
Kraze, you’re an idiot, sometimes I mistake you for brick… no offence.
Brick
None-taken.
Shylus
If you don’t mind, can we go home?*
Mark
I’m still nauseous but I can walk, after an hour I get to the city. I see a alley, I always use this alley as a short cut when late to school so I decide to use it. While I’m climbing the fence a bulldog starts barking at me.
Astute
Ughh, never was a dog person…
Mark
I keep my hands in front of me and start talking to it. “Woah now, easy boy, easy.” No use its still barking at me. I see a thread of energy come out of my hand and surround the dog. Freaking out I wave my arm and the dog slings around and hits a wall. “SHIT!” I say out loud, damnit that was the neighbors dog! What the hell did I just do! I then see a guy I recognize from school walk towards me. Apparently they want my autograph, nope it seems like they just want to punch my face. I fell that disturbance in my eyes again and every thing slows down. I easily dodge the punch and kick the face and start running. I get to my house and sneak in using the key we keep under the mat. I then tip toe to my room and put the covers on, about three hours away from school.
Kraze
Eh, enough time.

Flag Post

Zendaya Akatsuki
I sold some more carpets and shampoo bottles over the internet, listening to music. I tapped to the rythm with my boot, nodding my head and mouthing the words. I noticed my personal phone was ringing so I stopped the music and picked it up. “Hello?”

“Hey Zendaya, it is Mom and Dad.”

I shook my head. They kicked me out because I had sneaked out alot but now they continue to call me like nothing happened?

“Well,” my mom said, “we wanted to warn you to stay inside. We were star-gazing and we saw what looks like a ton of shooting stars coming down to earth.”

“Mom, that is a meteor shower.” I got a little excited. “I love you Mom, I love you Dad.” I put the phone back and grabbed my jacket, running out the door. I jumped over a mailbox as I ran.

I saw a lone skateboard by an apartment door. I snatched it and started riding. I heard some protests behind me, but why would I care? I kept kicking and gaining speed. I looked up and smiled. “Ah, life has got some sweet surprises.” I smiled more and then suddenly the world spun out of control. When I opened my eyes, I saw the sky. “What the-?” I looked down and saw a blood stain on my jeans right on my knee. I saw a giant rock in the cement about twenty feet away. “Oh my god!” I saw the stolen skateboard in two pieces, lying a couple feet North of me. “I caught some sweet air-time on that skateboard.”

I got up and staggered across to the forest, still seeing the glow of the meteors. I still had time. I staggered, holding my side, barely passing some trees. I was close. The patch clear of trees, about one hundred or so feet long, was where some meteors were going to hit, according to my calculations, of course. I limped over and laid down to see the meteors.

I must’ve closed my eyes, if only for a little, because I opened my eyes because I noticed that my eyelids were allowing light to seep in. I covered my eyes and looked. I saw a palm-sized meteor coming at me. I didn’t move, didn’t try to run, didn’t try to fight it. It was coming too fast for me to avoid. Even if I could’ve managed to roll over, the impact being so close to me would’ve blasted my away. I stayed where I was and closed my eyes…

I opened my eyes and it was daytime. In my hand lay a small rock, glowing red all around and then some areas had it spike outwards. I closed my fist and felt its warmth. I moaned as I sat upwards. I was in the same spot with scorched spots all around me. I groaned and stood up. I put the rock up to my chest as I limped back to my house. I sat down on my bed and looked at my ceiling. The rock almost thumped. I put both hands on it and moved the rock to my stomach, intertwining my fingers over it. I still had my headphones in, but they were playing no music. I thought to the rythm of silence.

Flag Post

Trent Mackerby
‘Dude, you can totally do this.’
‘No, come on, guys, this isn’t necessary…’
‘No, no, no, it’ll be funny, man! Come on, get in the shopping cart!’
Once again, my friends have gotten themselves drunk without me. This time, they want me to enact some stunt involving a shopping cart going over a ramp or several, which I’m sure I’m going to break a few bones doing. But on the other hand, they’re drunk after a night of partying, and I’m very much not drunk after a night of DJing.
‘Seriously, do it, man,’ blurts out one mister Gary Jones, ’don’t be a queer.’
‘Okay, shut up, I’m not doing it.’
‘Queeeeeeeeeeeerrrr…’
He promptly throws up right onto his shoes, something which I only just dodge. Everyone else starts laughing; myself and Francis, the only other non-alcoholic here, cover their noses.
‘Seriously, Trent, this’ll be awesome,’ points out the aforementioned Francis.
‘Then you do it.’
‘No, I mean… awesome to watch. You know?’
So much for common decency.
’You’re all bastards, you know that?’
‘Doo ittt.’
‘Bloody hell, fine. But only if you guys don’t throw up so close to me, and if I damage ANY part of myself during this, I’ll have your heads in my freezer.’
‘For queeeeer uses?’
‘Go and eat a dick, Gary.’
Some laughter later, and I’m in the shopping cart, about to be pushed towards the ramps. And being filmed, of course. Because the laws of the world state that filming a stunt to put on the internet guarantees the failure of said stunt.
‘Alright, you ready, Tee?’
‘No, but when am I going to be ready?’
‘Okay, man… THREE!’
He doesn’t have to yell.
TWO!’
I mean, I work in clubs and all, but I usually wear headphones to block out most of the noise…
OOONE!’
And then I’m away, being chased by the whooping of my fellows. Christ, the road is bumpy… and I can’t even steer this thing, either. I’m sure I’m going to hit one of the ramps on one side only, and then I’ll be thrown into the road, probably end up smashing my head open, have to go to hospital if I’m not already dead, oh God oh God the ramps are getting closer, and to think that such a pretty night could end like this and WHAT THE F*CKING SH!T IS THAT?!
A large-ish, yellow-glowing meteorite has just smashed up most of the ramps. It was a pretty vertical landing, so most of the debris is flying upwards… but I’m now heading right for it.
Moments later, I’m flying through a confusing world of grey and brown and yellow, and finally end up cracking my head against the glowing rock itself, which I’m sure is still hot enough to have singed my hair slightly, if not set it alight completely.
…was I unconscious there? For about ten seconds or so, just… yeah, I think I was unconscious, because I literally just noticed this horrific throbbing pain in the right side of my skull. Crap.
‘Dude, that was f*cking crazy!’
‘Trent, are you okay, man?’
‘Urgh… yhh… hh, yyh…’
…sh!t.
‘Uh, guys? Half of his face has drooped.’
’He’s fiiine, I…’
‘No, he’s having a goddamn stroke. Somebody call the freaking hospital!’
‘…uh…’
‘F*cking hell, I’ll do it. You stay here, keep him safe.’
So I’m having a stroke. Christ’s sake, I knew I was going to die doing this stunt. Just not in the way I thought I would… still, I guess I’ll have a good story to tell whoever I find in the afterlife. “Yeah, I rode down a hill in a shopping trolley, but crashed into a glowing meteorite that came out of freaking nowhere and had a fatal stroke.” Like anyone will believe that… goddamn, I don’t want to die… I don’t want to die…

Flag Post

Anthony

The rush of running, the speed you gain, the intensity of it all fills me with joy as I run across my neighborhood, jumping, rolling, and even kicking doors open to keep up my speed to run, to gain my freedom. I hear the cops gaining on me now and I see a perfect place to hide out until they stop looking, I jump over a rail fence into a backyard and run into the abandoned home, resting my sore feet. I look out the window to see a assortment of meteorites with different colours, gasping when one little piece strikes the window and lands in my shoe, but before I can even look at it, the cops bust in and tell me to freeze. I know I’m done for so I get on my knees, waiting for the cops to handcuff me, and when they finally do, I sigh, as I know I’m done for and I’ll be spending the night in jail.

Flag Post

[From what I know of meteorite strikes, those meteorites should have keeled yew. If I remember correctly, a football sized one blew apart a forest. Of course, I can’t actually remember, so this might be somewhat inaccurate.]

Flag Post

(Didn’t you see I said a small piece?)

Flag Post
Originally posted by CoolNoah23:

(Didn’t you see I said a small piece?)

[Don’t you ever read what other people write?]

[EDIT: Aha, never mind. I did some research, and the Earth’s atmosphere slows meteors to something like 50-70KMPH.]

Flag Post

Zendaya Akatsuki
I got off my bed and noticed two holes in the rock. I took some tight wire and put it through the hole, coming out the other. I tied it around my neck, watching as I felt the security of the rock next to me. “Hmph.” I walked over to my computer and called in through the work-headphones. “I am taking today off.”

I put it down, knowing there were protests. I cleaned myself up and took a hot shower. I put on the same style of clothes I had on, but everything was black and green, not black and pink. Not a big change, but who cares?

I walked outside, enjoying the sunlight. The rock dangling from side to side made me smile. “Maybe I should go to the mall to see the indoor fountain.” I decided to cut across a dark alley. I turned in there and started casually walking to the end, shoving my headphones down to my neck. I hummed a little, moving my head side to side. I approach the other end of the ally when three guys jump me.

The shove me to one wall. “You are coming with us.” One of them says.

I simply laugh and push one of them gently to the side, still walking. One of them, a bald one, jumps in front of me and shoves me backwards, and the last one, one with brown eyes, held my arms behind my back.

The first one, whom I named ‘Big Ugly’, came in front of me with Baldy. “Give us yo’ clothes and money.”

I chuckle again and kick him ‘where it hurts’. He groans and falls to the ground.

Baldy, a little shocked, puts a knife up to my throat. “Do it.”

“No,” I reply without care.

Baldy grips my shirt and I loosen my hand from Brown-Eyes and sock him in the face, sending him flying. Brown-Eyes tries to put his hand over my mouth but I duck, lowering myself to the ground and put out my leg, spinning around and tripping him. I get up to find Big Ugly has me in a choke hold. I feel enraged. Why couldn’t they let me have a good day. I spin around, hardly, enraged and feel warmth. I see scorch marks on the ground and that Big Ugly is burnt. “What the hell?” I question, curious. I felt my meteor rock. It was radiating warmth. Maybe it was the rock.

Baldy looks at me and studders, “Wh-what are you?”

I shrug. “Your worst nitemare.”

At this remark, to my surprise, the three men run off to where I entered, wailing. I kept walking on, thinking nothing of it.

( I’ve discovered my fire move, but I don’t even know that it was me that caused it. :) )

Flag Post

Anthony

I wake up from the long night in jail, to find my girlfriend Raven, standing there with a smirk on here face and lots of dollar bills in her purse which almost overflow. I walk up to her and give her a kiss, then I take her hand and we start on our way home, watching the cops as they stare at her and giving me a “seriously?!!?!” look, I just ignore them and watch Raven drive away as I climb the police station and look at the sunset, smiling as I do. When the sun is up I jump back down and start running through the garden in the station’s backyard, I climb over the fence and keep running until I reach the edge of a building, in which I start walking on a rope, but when I reach the middle it snaps, sending me falling 12 stories down. I scream as I fall until I feel myself touch the ground, in which I do very delicately, in which I look to see that I’m completely fine, with no scars or bruises or anything to tell you that I just fell 12 stories. (Wow not knowing your powers is helpful :D)

Flag Post

Zendaya Akatsuki
I sat down on the edge of the fountain. The rock on my wire, making it a necklace, kept radiating bizzare heat. I liked though. I took a nibble off of my awesome dough-pretzel, that had cinnimon on it. It had lots of sugar and was very good. Anne’s Pretzels definently knew how to please a rebel. I turned my head backwards to watch the water ripple gently. It was a very calm place to be.

The next thing I knew, there were a TON of people with black masks on. Appearantly, they were mafia. There was a TON of them. They had guns. I looked around and saw he boss right in front of me. He picked my up by the throat. I smacked him in the face, and when I fell to the ground, I saw he had large pointed holes in his face and that my arm had spikes on it. “What?” The rock on my necklace shook. I picked up the boss, my arm un-spiked.

“If you guys want him to live, you better leave.”

As fast as they’d come, they’d left. They grabbed their boss and left. I took a bite out of my pretzel and left the mall, confused, annoyed, and …weird. I didn’t care for the thanks I got as I left the mall. I just wanted to figure out something. What was I?

After stumbling back to the dark alley and realizing there was no one here, I decided something. I needed to get stronger. I felt so drained after I struck that guy. I need to get better at my powers, so that I can stop evil people. It was decided. I tried to make myself mad. I spun around and saw fire appear, embers flying. I held my meteor chunk. I walked home. I’d train tomorrow, or tonight. For now, I was drained. So, I stumbled home. Still confused, annoyed, and weird.

Flag Post

Mark
I wake up, man i’m an idiot, school hasn’t start yet.
Astute
If I wanted to I would facepalm so hard right now.
Mark
You’re suppose to be the smart one here. I facepalm. Happy?
Astute
Yes
Kraze
Hey our parents are still at that vacation! Wanna go out to the city?
Mark
I think for a bit, I just remembered that my parents went to some kind of vacation to Hawaii for like a month or so, they are really irresponsible. I leave the house locking the door behind me. I keep my key around my neck instead of under the mat because no-one will be home. I go on another walk to the mall, I have some money to spend.
Astute
We should really figure out what happened yesterday.
Shylus
I agree, but if you don’t want to, that’s okay…
Mark
I throw my keys in the air and focus on it. The key slows down, wait, the whole world slowed down, i’m also having that weird feeling in my eyes again. All of the sudden a thread of energy comes out of nowhere and catches they keys.
Astute and Social
Interesting…
Kraze and Brick
AWESOME! Dude, do you know what this means? We have superpowers!
Astute
Intersting, Mark focus on that bird until I tell you to stop.
Mark
I focus on the bird for what seemed like at least twenty-five minutes until I felt light headed.
Astute
You can stop now. It seems like that meteorite enhance your reflexes greatly. It has be about five minutes.
Kraze
Are you crazy? Because that’s my job.
Astute
You imbecile.
Shylus
Astute, if you don’t mind me saying. but I think that was way more than twenty-five minutes…
Mark
I sit down beside a wall because of my light head.
Astute
Look, because of our enhanced reflexes time goes by much slower, however I can keep tract of time using-
Kraze
No need to show off, we get it, you can count real time, while we go bullet time.
Astute
Well its not exactly bullet time, bullets go-
Kraze
You know what i’m talking about. Hey Mark you okay?
Mark
Yeah, I’m good now. I put the keys back around my neck.
Kraze
Cool focus on that rock now, and think of it slinging across the sky.
Mark
I do what Kraze says and the thread appears again. The thread surrounds the rock and then gets sent across the sky.
Kraze
Awesome! Telepho- telicopt-
Astute
Telekinesis
Kraze
What he said. We have Telekinesis!
Mark
I start walking away when a guy randomly runs up behind me and pulls a gun. Damn, another mugging. My eyes start feeling weird and times slow down and I use my telekinesis to take his gun away. “What the hell?” He says. “Hehe, be lucky that’s not where you’re going.” I pistol whip him knocking him out. I decide to leave him in a alley and continue to the mall. While there I see a guy fight with spikes on his arm take on a bunch of people who looked like the mafia. Using my enhanced reflexes, I slow down time (for myself) and see that he has a meteorite around his neck. I decide to follow him to his home staying back in case he was dangerous. After he gets home make a mental note of his home and leave towards my house, I’m going to talk to him tomorrow.

Flag Post

[Please do note that aside from awakening your powers, the meteorites don’t really have any other special properties. Also, I expected the meteorites to burn up in the atmosphere and spread gaseous phlebotinum to give a large number of people superpowers…]

[I will make a post later tonight.]

Flag Post

[I know the metorites don’t have anything special about them, I just like mine. :3]

Flag Post

[I got keys around my neck XD]

Flag Post

Keith Maxwell

“GASP!”

I bolt upright. My eyes snap open, then instantly squints against my will at the bright light. What… Is it morning already…?

…wait.

Didn’t I just get hit by a freaking meteor? How am I alive then…?!

“Ugh…” While gently rubbing my temples, I try to open my eyes again. They start to work properly after a few seconds. I’m somehow back in my room again. Geez, what happened after I got hit last night?

I spot Janet sleeping, head resting on my desk. She’s wearing a sleeveless top and shorts, but it’s summer so she shouldn’t get a cold if she slept like that. But why would she sleep on my desk?

I try to get up, half expecting my body to be wracked with horrible pain. Surprisingly, I don’t feel bad at all, considering that God had apparently just smashed me with a chunk of space rock. “Hey, Janet?” I tap her on the shoulder gently.

“Umm… Keith…?” My sister shifts, opens her eyes slowly, and sweeps away a strand of curly blond hair. She suddenly bolts upright, like how I woke up moments ago. “Keith!” She turns to me and exclaims, voice and eyes full of relief and worry. “Are you all right? How are you feeling?” She asks urgently and grips my shoulders.

“Whoa sis, chill!” I say. Her tone is even making me alarmed. “I’m okay!”

“A-Are you sure?” She’s still twitchy as hell. “I found you outside, unconscious! At one AM! What the hell happened?!”

“Uh.” Crap. Yeah Janet, I was just sitting there minding my own business when a meteor dropped out of the sky and hit me! That sounds totally believable, right? “Did you see the meteor shower last night?”

“There was a meteor shower?” Well, I guess that answers the question. “Unlike you, Keith, I’m usually asleep at 1 AM!” Heh, now that she knows I’m more or less all right, she’ll start to get angry and yell at me. Beats dying, at least. “While you… were outside playing with some illegal hair dye or something that made you pass out!”

“Wait, what?” I blink. “Hair dye? What are you talking about?”

Janet looks at me as though she isn’t sure if I hit my head or am just playing stupid. She just points at the little mirror on my desk.

I glance at it. And nearly stumble back. “Holy shit! What the hell…?!” My hair! It’s… all shiny and silver! Like some sort of metal! And my eyes! They’re so brightly blue that it almost hurts to look at them, even though they’re my own eyes! I know I like blue and all, but come on, I wouldn’t trade my natural green eye color for something that makes me look like either a monster or a freaking anime character! “What happened to me?”

“Uh, hello, that’s what I’m asking you right now!” Though sounding irritated, Janet’s annoyance is quickly being replaced by worry again. I don’t usually lie or play dumb like this, and she knows.

I sigh. “Ugh. I swear, you aren’t gonna believe me on this…”

Suddenly, I hear knocking on the door of my room. “Janet? I hear talking!” Mom is saying in a quiet tone. “Is Keith alright?”

I would’ve facepalmed, if my glasses weren’t in the way. Sometimes I consider getting contact lenses just so I can facepalm properly. This is gonna be a long day…

[It’s summertime BTW. Summer vacation. And Keith just graduated, so he doesn’t need to go to school right now.]

Flag Post

Inside a mansion in Tokyo, Japan

The rotund businessman returns to his bedroom, sighing after the relief of his bladders. He grumbles to himself about those bastards trying to gobble up his company. The middle-aged executive chairman may be filthy rich, but every single yen was earned through nothing but hard work. He isn’t about to let those vultures take away the company that is worth the work his entire life. As he opens the bedroom door, the billionaire briefly wonders if sleeping pills can make him temporarily forget his problems and go to peaceful sleep.

The man’s movements abruptly stop when the faint pink luminescence registers in his eyes. “What the…?” He mutters in Japanese and rubs his eyes, but the image does not go away. Above his bed floats what appears to be a teenage girl, clad in a pink kimono that gives off the soft glow. Her long black hair flutters gently; the man wonders for an instant where the wind is coming from. “Who… Who are you?” He asks, with a slight stutter. “How did you get in here?

The strange levitating girl gives an idle glance to her left. Following her gaze, the businessman discovers, to his shock and horror, that a person-sized hole has been cut cleanly out of the sturdy walls of his mansion; that is where the wind is coming from! Looking back at the girl, he meets her eyes, and cannot help but to shudder at the two absolute pitch black voids that look all too alien on the face of a beautiful, innocent young girl such as her. The girl observes him in silence.

Didn’t you hear me?” The man is now feeling afraid. Not only are the girl’s clothes inexplicably glowing, she is floating several centimeters above his bed! And that kimono… Is she some kind of ghost? But they can’t be real! “Answer me!” He almost shouts.

The girl still speaks not a word. The pink glow intensifies slightly, and actual petals of cherry blossom begin to flake off of the flowery patterns of the girl’s clothing. The businessman watches, amazed, as the glowing flower petals dance beautifully across the room; his questions and threats have now died in his throat.

Suddenly, a flash, or rather hundreds of flashes. Pain, unbearable searing agony like his body is being cut apart by a multitude of blades from every direction at once. Then his words die in his throat again, this time literally.

The girl gives the mangled corpse one last apathetic glance, before floating soundlessly out of the hole in which she came from. There were no fingerprints, no evidence whatsoever. She has done her job well.

Flag Post

Trent Mackerby
…okay… so, like… what the hell happened to me?
‘Bloody h… l, mate, you’re awak… ow’re you feeling?’
‘Like cr… I told you t… t stunt would be t… ath of me.’
‘Naaah, y… re fiiine. Just had… oke from hitt… ur head on… teor, is all.’
‘…is all th… nd fading in a… t?’
‘…or said that mi… appen for a bi… ust stay still, ’kay…’
‘…ay.’
Gary walks off. From what I remember of last night and from what I’ve heard in this last conversation, I’ve had a stroke or something after hitting my head on that weird glowing meteor, and I’m now in hospital with some kind of… tinnitis, I guess? Except rather than noise crowding out other noise, it’s noise being blocked out by… nothing.
I wonder how I survived, actually.

Flag Post

Zendaya Akatsuki
After laying in my bed for a couple hours, I feel energized. I decided to practice my powers. I made spikes appear on my left arm, made them disappear, and made spikes appear on my right. I did this over and over, bored a little, but entertained too. I knew practicing these strange new abilities would come in handy soon. Although, really, all I wanted was another Anne’s Pretzels’ pretzel. They were mighty tasty.

(Sorry for small post, but I am training (character) and the real me is suffering from inflamation in my face.)

Flag Post

Mark Tupas
I wake up. I put my clothes on and walk out my house with the key around my neck again
Kraze
So we gonna see that other guy with superpowers we saw yesterday?
Astute
He’ll be in the same place Kraze, I say we train our powers. If he is dangerous, a couple more seconds of our enhanced reflexes or a stronger version of our telekinesis could just save our lives.
Shylus
I would just like to say… that I agree with Astute… if you don’t mind that is.
Mark
Okay, I’ll train my powers for a couple days, but I better confront him in a couple days. I walk to my backyard.
Astute
I have an idea, Mark give me control please.
Mark
Okay. My eyes turn a dark blue.
Astute
Okay Mark don’t look.
Mark
Okay. I block my eyes from seeing through Astute.
Astute
I quickly run upstairs and grab a bunch of empty cans and bottles.
Social
Mark, You just need to clean up your room, what a mess!
Mark
You’re not my Mom.
Astute
I get the cans and bottles and set them up in random places. Far and near Mark. I then put two behind me, I levitate a bunch of rocks near me. Giving you back control
Mark
Okay, I see that I can’t move my arms, wanna tell me why?
Astute
You’ll see. Okay see those bottles around you? Okay i’m going to count to three and take those rocks that are next to you using your telekinesis and bash the bottles with them. One… Two… THREE!
Mark
I levitate three rocks at once and throw them at the three bottles in front of me. The nearest one gets hit and breaks. The one a little farther away barley gets hit but breaks all the same. The farthest one I miss by about six inches. I throw three more at the farthest one but I still miss.
Astute
Try throwing one rock.
Mark
I do as Astute says and the rock hits it’s mark(no pun intended).
Astute
Looks like for every object you use your telekinesis powers on, the worse your aim is. Interesting…
Mark
My next targets are two bottles on top of the fence. I throw a rock at one shattering it to pieces, I then use my enhanced reflexes to slow down time (for me) and grab a bunch of the pieces and use them to hit the bottle shattering it.
Brick
Isn’t that cheating?
Mark, Kraze, and Sedit
No rules. No cheating.
Astute
I’ll allow using the broken glass to be used.
Mark
I use my enhanced reflexes and spin around. I quickly grab two rocks and sling them around to hit 4 bottles in a straight line. I see two bottles that was behind me but I don’t hit them. I focus and try to remember where the bottles are and grab one of them and use it to bash the other one to pieces while it breaks as well.
Astute
Fifty-Six seconds, good job. Now in your arms there are a bunch of cans, don’t worry we got them from your room so they’re empty. I’m going to throw them and you try to sustain your enhanced reflexes while using your telekinesis to hit them. No catching the cans in mid air okay?
Mark
Okay, lets d this on your-
Astute
By the way, see that huge rock over there? I want you to levitate it off the ground ever so slightly at the same time.
Mark
I do the excersise until I get light headed. I rest for about five minutes and do it again. I’ll be doing this for a couple hours to train my abilities.

Flag Post

Zendaya Akatsuki

I sit crisscross on my bed and focus, breathing in and out. In, and out. Repeat. I do this for two hours, meditating. I open my eyes, relaxed. I do the spiked ability for ten minutes, switiching between all limbs as fast as I possibly can.

(Three cheers for meditation and practice!)

Flag Post

Anthony

I walk around the city, looking at all the buildings and restaurants, then I see a store that looks really odd as it has a very weird looking doll in the window. (Hey Shadow, can I replace one of my abilities? I don’t like one of them.)

Flag Post

Hey Shadow, can I replace one of my abilities? I don’t like one of them.

[You can replace it as long as you haven’t done anything that has any significant impact on the plot with your original ability. Retcon will be done if needed.]

[Next time, please ask such questions in the signup thread.]

[University is busy. I have homework. I will post either later today or tomorrow.]

Flag Post

Kiera

I lie on my bed, surfing the internet on my laptop. I simultaneously shiver, as well as close another porn advertisment. Must be the new air conditioner. Works pretty well, or so they say. What they call efficiency is what I call hypothermia. But the thermostat is in mom’s room, and I don’t feel like getting in another scuffle. She’d wake up, and I’d get yelled at again. Doesn’t she realize how repetitive she is? All she does is tell me she wanted a son, and that I’m a waste of space. At least she doesn’t realize I hide earplugs in my hoodie.

I glance back at the clock on my screen. 2:00 AM, give or take the minutes my clock is off by. I guess it’s time for bed. I finished the latest Touhou game on Lunatic anyways, so I feel accomplished. I shut down my computer, slip it under my bed, and pull off my hoodie, before slipping under my covers.

The Next Morning

I crawl out of the sheets, like a little worm, sliding onto the floor, hitting my head with a thump. I sit upwards, and pull my computer out, turning it on, and smiling to the little tune it plays as it boots up. A minute later, right as the internet begins to load, the screen turns black, and shuts down. Startled, I begin searching around the plug and battery, looking for a cause of the computer shut down. Then, as I turn, I see my normally black painted wall a ugly pink. I hate pink. How’d it happen? I try to scratch it off, which i does, but when I move my hand, the pink paint under my nail turns black.

“Spooky.”