[Competition] The Minotaur's Gauntlet | FIN (Maistlin won!) page 4

160 posts

Flag Post

I assume we’re competing for best wave as that’s the tab you have open.

Meh, either way I would have died.

Flag Post

2 screenies.
One with the end game:

And one with the updated highscores:

Flag Post

Now that’s impressive.

Flag Post

I expect this won’t hold up.

Flag Post

Flag Post

You won’t like me when I’m angry.

Flag Post

You guys better hope the Minotaur’s crap at 25 Boxes, otherwise it’s going to be like fish in a barrell…

Something else I should have mentioned:
In addition to posting your score, could you post the name of the game.

And I’ve updated the spreadsheet, Devourer is currently being eliminated, and Woon & S_98 have yet to post scores.

Less than 6 hours left! No more extentions!

Flag Post

Round 1 Over Except for the Minotaur. The Minotaur is also safe for this round, since he’s eliminated Devourer. So perhaps he will show mercy? Hope not – I want to see bloodshed!
Round 2 coming in 24 hours.
Oh, and Woon & S_98 are also eliminated for non-postage.

Flag Post

Yay! I was sure that DO 2 score wouldn’t last.

Flag Post

Does round 2 start right away?

Flag Post

So the Minotaur showed leniency … I guess he’s not that hungry. Yet.

Round 2

racefan12 has won the early bird award, and immunity for this round for posting the first score that was not beaten by the Minotaur. There may have been some confusion here, with two other players posting scores for the same game, but remember that the first game that you post a score for is the one for others to beat, not the other way around. If you want to eliminate someone else, you must first post your own score.

Also, since you’re now allowed to improve your score, I thought I would clarify how this works using an example. Say you post your score, 20 hours go by and the Minotaur beats it. You then have 24 hours to improve, so long as you don’t go over the end of the round. Similairly, the Minotaur has a 24-hour window after you post any improvements. And the Minotaur always has up to 24 hours after the end of the round. Please ask if this doesn’t make sense, sometimes I get the feeling that no-one reads this stuff.

OK: start playing.

You have three days to post a score for an approved game. Once you post your score, the Minotaur has 24 hours to try and beat it. If he does, the meat gets eliminated. Pretty simple I think. Couple of clarifications though:
1. If the Minotaur gets the same as your score, it counts as a win for the Minotaur. A bit like the dealer in blackjack.
2. The first score you post in any round will be considered to be the one that the Minotaur has to beat. So if you want to beat someone else’s score, you have to post your score first.
3. You are supposed to get you score in the next three days. So while I can’t really stop you from using that Pel score that you started 2 days ago and you’ve had paused since then with a score of 3 million, I would ask you not to.
4. If you don’t post a score in the next three days, you get auto-eliminated
5. You can submit as many games as you want for approval. No upper limit whatsoever.
And remember the rules:
1. No editing of posts to insert screenshots is allowed.
2. The meat are only allowed to post one score per game, per round.
3. You may not post a score for a game that has been used in a previous round, even if it has been approved.

I’m going to offer this reward again, sans masturbation joke:

Early Bird Award

For this round, I am offering a reward: the first meat to post a score that the Minotaur does not beat will be granted immunity for round 3

And here’s the spreadsheet

Flag Post

Flag Post

So I don’t have to post anything this round, correct?

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

So I don’t have to post anything this round, correct?

Correctamundo.

Also, I forgot say when the round will finish, but you guys know it’s three days, right?
Round 2 ends 13 April at 10am GMT

Flag Post

24 hours left!
Reminders will be sent.

Looks like Maistlin’s earned that early bird award. Not sure why I approved Bungluwa in retrospect. Seems overly reliant on the save file.

Flag Post

Meh, this’ll do… for now.

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

Well, I’m probably out. xD

Flag Post

Well, I’ll leave the round open until hiperson and Lixes post (I don’t think either have been on in the past 24 hours), up to a maximum of 24 hours from this post. Jeez, give people the power to choose what games to play and they run away screaming. People are wierd.

Flag Post

Round 3

OK, so there’s only 3 of you left. racefan and Wii poth have to post scores this round. There will be no deadline for this round. The round will simply finish once both of you have posted a score, and then when 24 hours have passed with no scores being posted.

Flag Post

I guess I’ll start:

Flag Post

Is there immunity this time?

Flag Post

No. There might have been if there were more competitors left…

Flag Post

Just waiting on you, Wii.