KA battles

127 posts

Flag Post

r4l

Flag Post

I thought this game might be to complicated but since several people supported the idea of this game in the “Choose my next game” thread I decided to try it.

This game is based off the original yugioh manga. Heres how it works. there are two main parts, Characters and monsters.

Charaters

Each player controls one character. Characters only have one important stat, that is BA. BA stands for your life force and when you run out you die. Each charater can summon monsters, When the monsters take damage you take damage to your BA, it can also take additional BA to summon powerful monsters. Very weak players will start with 1,000 BA and the strongest players will have up to 20,000

monsters

monsters have several stats.
health
When a monster is attacked by another monster it takes damage. when a monster takes damage the controlling player takes equal damage to their BA. Monsters will have about 200 to 500 health.
summon cost
For more powerful monsters it takes BA to even summon them. If a monster has one it most likely wont be more than 200 BA
speed
self-explanatory. how fast the monster moves. This can be anywhere from 0 to 15
attacks
This is the fun part. Each monster can have one or more attacks. Attacks have a set amount of damage they do. Each attack takes one or more attack token. Each monster gains one attack token per turn. Even weak monsters can have super powerful attacks but they will take many attack tokens and thus, take many turns to do. Attacks can have special properies within reason. (ie. This attack hits two targets. This attack can travel through walls. ect.) special abilities will increase the number of attack tokens the attack will take. attacks will range from 50 damage (very weak) to 500 (very strong)

players can create there own monsters but I have the right to edit them. any player can summon any monster that they have enough BA for.

Before I write a really long story lets start with some 1v1 battles to get the kinks worked out of the battle system.
signs
1. therealsirmark
2.Developous
3.helltank
4. BClegend
5.undeadcupcake
6. firespread
more people can join than this. I will make some sample mosters soon.

If your wondering KA means magic/the energy needed to summon mosters.

Flag Post

monster form

Name: [monster name here]
Health: [monster HP here]
Summon Cost: [BA cost of monster, if applicable]
Speed: [when the monster attacks in a turn/how far a monster can move in a turn]
Attacks: [what attacks the monster has]

other stuff

- random rules that got made after the first post. (you don’t have to read all of this.)

glossary
overtime effects-
Effect on your self or another monster that take at least one full turn to resolve.
examples.
Stunned – You don’t gain an attack token next turn and you can’t use any attacks.
Soulbound – When a monster that is soulbound to you dies you gain 100 health.
Poisoned – You take a certain amount of damage each turn for a certain number of turns.
if you have an idea for a new overtime effect you can post it. (it will most likely be accepted.)

other counters

Because dev keeps asking for it, your monsters can have one other type of counter besides an attack counter. You can set the condition to generate one on your monster. You can’t move them to other monsters, they have to stay on the monster they started on.

tiers

The monsters will be split into teirs. Stronger monsters go into higher tiers. When we start “story mode” characters won’t be able to summon monsters that are higher tier than them.

tier 1 – This is the noob tier.
armed peasantry, page three
basic scientist, page three
peasant, page three

tier 2 – Pretty weak monsters.
crude soldier, page two
basic guardian, page two
regular drone, page three

teir 3 – Okay monsters
battle ox, page one
abyden soldier, page one
mage of illusions, page one
regenerating needler, page one
red Soldier, page three
mind control drone, page three
Insectoid Nest, page three

tier 4 – these monsters are starting to get powerful.
dark guardian, page one
plague lord, page one
necromancer, page one
origami, the horrible reflection, page one
crimson vanguard, page one
magna wall, page one
rabbot, page one
wall of skulls, page two
cosmic cannon, page two
Red Officer, page three
splicer – lightning variant, page three
splicer – fire varient, page four
Gloom Walker, the Bayonet, page four
asylum, page four
splicer – ice variant, page five

tier 5 – big bad monsters
imperial fortress, page one
siege brigadeer, page two
hive mind, page two
frozen guardian, page three

tier GODGOD MODE ACTIVATE
Shrinus, Lord of Worship, page two
Reflux, Lord of Puppets, page two
Kirikar, The Great One, page two
Valadon, God of Justice, page two
Myrol, The Immortal Brigadier General, page three
Tsar Vladimir, God-Slayer, page three

Flag Post

reserved. ready.

Flag Post

sign

Flag Post

example monster.
name
battle ox
health
summon cost
none
speed
4 (pretty slow)
attacks
axe slash
1 attack counter 100 damage
axe slam
3 attack counter 100 damage, stuns target for 1 turn

Flag Post

I’m a Yu-Gi-Oh! fan.

Before I join, what game from Yu-Gi-Oh! is this though?

Flag Post

this doesn’t look like any yu-gi-oh I ever played/watched.

Flag Post
Originally posted by therealsirmark4:

Flag Post

A. Season 1. The one that was “too adult” for 4Kids to rape on the way to the US.
B. As-referenced in the flashbacks to the original pharaoh saga.

Flag Post

Originally posted by MasterCheif987:

Yu-Gi-Oh! has many games. The trading card game is the most popular and the current one.

Originally posted by Captain_Catface:

A. Season 1. The one that was “too adult” for 4Kids to rape on the way to the US.
B. As-referenced in the flashbacks to the original pharaoh saga.

Season 0 doesn’t have all games from the first manga. :P

Flag Post

sign.

name
Abyden Soldier
health
summon cost
2 turns, 100 BA.
speed
attacks
Dagger Surge
1 attack counter 50 damage, always attacks first.
Blade slasher
2 attack counters 75 damage each attack, with 1-3 attacks.
Blade Shrynius
3 attack counter 100 damage, attacks all enemies.

Flag Post

[I humbly request that my deck be customized so I can use only duplicates of hand-picked cards. Or will you select my deck for me? I hope not.]

Sign

Name:Dark Guardian
Health:500
Summon Cost:50 BA
Speed:5
Attacks:
Protection
No Attack Counters. Effect:If another monster is attacked, Dark Guardian can choose to use Protection and take the damage instead.

Blood Pact
2 Attack Counters Effect:Does 100 Damage to a monster and gives it the Soulbound status effect. When a monster Soulbound to Dark Guardian dies, it heals Dark Guardian by 100 health and heals the player by 50 BA.

Name:Plague Lord
Health:200
Summon Cost:None
Speed:10
Attacks:
Summon Scarab
1 Attack Counter. Summons a Scarab, which has 50 Health and can, for the cost of one attack counter, use the attack Swarm, which deals 50 Damage.

Choking Cloud
3 Attack Counters. Deals the Plague status effect to a monster. Monsters with the Plague status effect get dealt 100 extra damage for three turns.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MasterCheif987:

to clear this up this game is from the last season of yugioh where they are in egypt. (Do you remeber diabound?) It is called the dawn of the duel ark. it can be found in these manga chapters. I will try to find the corosponding episodes in the anime.
edit: here it is http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Dawn_of_the_Duel

Flag Post

To be a little clearer, captain catface is correct. It is from the flashbacks to the original pharoh sequence in season 5 “dawn of the duel”

[I humbly request that my deck be customized so I can use only duplicates of hand-picked cards. Or will you select my deck for me? I hope not.]

At any point you can summon any monster. theres not really any deck. I might make it so that you have one monster that only you and no one else can summon. That monster would be more powerful than normal monsters.
Also, Plague lord is OP. Choking cloud is to powerful, If you weaken that then he would be fine. Dark guardian is fine. Abyden soldier is mostly fine but blade slasher should be weaker if is only 2 attack counters.

Flag Post

Its been cut in half…. that should do.

Flag Post
Originally posted by developous:

Its been cut in half…. that should do.

Ok thanks.
Here’s a monster you might recognize
name
Mage of illusions
health
summon cost
attacks
Magic blast 1 attack counter 75 damage
Thousand magic blasts 1 attack counter 25 damage hits all enemies
Spell Binding circle 1 attack counter the target is stunned next turn

Flag Post

developous hates Yu-Gi-Oh. He told me he is trying to destroy it in a PM.

Flag Post

Nerfed[that means weakened] Choking Cloud…

If I have, say, two attack counters, can I use two one-attack-counter attacks? Because I really want to summon a bunch of Plague Lords and have them build up attack counters while using Dark Guardian to protect them, then summon a bunch of Scarabs and one-hit-kill the enemy by sheer force of numbers.

Also players should start with 5000 AP at least, otherwise matches will end very short. I would recommend the minimum be 5000 and the maximum be 20000. Any more than that and matches will go on forever.

-

Name:Necromancer
Health:300
Summon Cost:10
Attacks:
Shadow Bolt
1 Attack Counter. 50 damage, but does 100 damage to creatures that have 150 health or below.

Shadow Wave
3 Attack Counters. 50 damage to all enemy monsters.

Corrupted Blood
No Attack Counters. Whenever the Necromancer is attacked, even if the damage is absorbed by a Dark Guardian, a Skeleton Warrior will appear, with 50 health and the one-attack-counter attack Slash, which does 50 damage. If the damage dealt(to either the Necromancer or the Dark Guardian) exceeds 200, a Skeleton Mage, with 100 Health and Shadow Bolt, will appear. If 5 monsters deal the Necromancer a total of 250 damage, say, a Skeleton Mage will not appear. Instead, 5 Skeleton Warriors will.

Flag Post

Name:Origami, the Horrible Reflection
Health:500
Summon Cost:150
Attacks:
Imitate
3 Attack Counters. Uses an attack used by any monster in the last round.

Terrible Swipe
5 Attack Counters. Deals 350 Damage.

Soulbound
1 Attack Counter. Casts the status effect Soulbound on a monster.

Flag Post
Originally posted by speedy250:

developous hates Yu-Gi-Oh. He told me he is trying to destroy it in a PM.

Not destroy, secede it. WHile I like the game very much, my goal is usually to evolve things. The developous way is ‘to improve’. That’s it. Nothing more, nothing less.

name
Crimson Vanguard
health
summon cost
3 turns, 200 BA.
speed
attacks
no attack counters – when this unit is destroyed in battle, gain 3 attack or defense counters that can be placed on units when desired.
special(no atk c) – Every allied unit may convert their attack counters into defense counters.
1 attack counter – flip a coin. On heads, do 100 damage. On tails, recover 100 life.
2 attack counters – gain 3 attack counters and 200 life. This unit cannot attack during the next turn when applied.
3(5?) attack counters – This unit selects a ‘defensive’ ability from another unit. As long as that unit is alive, this unit keeps that property.
defenses
3 defense counters – This turn, all damage to this unit is halved, and he is immune to bad status conditions.
7 defense counters – This turn, all allied units are immune to bad status conditions, or choose one unit to be permanently immune.

Flag Post

name
Regenerating Needler
health
summon cost
25 ba
speed
attacks
no attack counters – If you have no monster on the field when attacked, you may summon this monster from the grave to negate the attack.
pinmissles
1 attack counter – This move works no matter what. Damage for 50 points.
needle strike
2 attack counters – always goes first. Damage begins at 50, growing by 50 each time its used.
defenses
coverage needles
(special) reduce enemie’s ‘ranged’ attacks by 50 points for every 5 defense counters you+this have, not lower than 0.
adrenaline needles
1 defense counter – Target unit gains 3 attack counters but looses 1 speed permanently.

Flag Post

Surprisingly enough, this looks like an awesome concept. I’ll sign up. Replacement sign form below:

*Name:* [monster name here]
*Health:* [monster HP here]
*Summon Cost:* [BA cost of monster, if applicable]
*Speed:* [when the monster attacks in a turn]
*Attacks:* [what attacks the monster has]

Sooo yes. With that in mind, then…

Name: Magna Wall
Health: 2000
Summon Cost: 100BA
Speed: 3
Attacks:
Barrier (Passive) – Should this monster take damage, the owner will suffer no damage to their BA as a result. It is also immune to being stunned, poisoned, or Soulbound in any form, including sleep and Plague.
Magna Draw (0AC) – Whenever a monster on the owner’s side of the field is attacked, this monster can choose to protect the intended target from damage, taking 50% of the original damage itself and negating the rest. This does not apply if Magna Wall is attacked directly.
EMP (7AC) – Deals 300 damage to everything on the field, including the owner, the opponent and itself. This damage cannot be redirected via any means.

Name: Rabbot
Health: 750
Summon Cost: 0BA
Speed: 7
Attacks:
Steel Fist (1AC) – Deals 150 damage to an opposing monster.
Repair (2AC) – Heals an allied monster for 250 damage, but only if the monster is robotic in nature, or otherwise composed mostly of non-living or artificial parts, such as gears or rocks. This ability does not work on cyborgs or any natural equivalents, unless their biological components have little to no effect on their workings overall.

Flag Post

Explaining Subdivisions:

In this idea, monsters can have a special category. It cannot be countered like usual. but specificly. However, “Action” targets both subs AND attacks.
Each monster can only have 1 subdivision, and it uses counters named under itself. Further, those divisions must have abilities related to the name of itself.
Subdivisions are also seperate actions as well.

Dang, I was thinking about barrier. Will add that unit variant now, I guess.

Name (addons to it)
Abyden Soldier
Siege
siege gains
Gain 1 siege counter for each monster this one destroys.
spike traps
1 siege counter – Set a trap that does 25 damage to a random enemy monster each turn.
battle surge
3 siege counters – Target monster’s attack damage is cumulatively increased by 100% as long as its on the field.

Name: Imperial Fortress
Health: 3500
Summon Cost:
Only summoned at the beginning of the duel but automaticly. Limit 1 per game.
Speed: 15
Attacks:
Barrier (Passive) – Gains the associated properties that would be appropriate for walls.
Tower Shot (1AC) – Increase the baseline damage of an attack by 50 points.
Protectorate (3AC) – All allied monsters gain 1 defense crest. May also do 1 tower shot for free.
Defenses:
Fortifications (passive) – This monster must be attacked first. This monster cannot be revived. When an attack is directed to all monsters, its only directed at this monster, but the full damage is still applied.
Reposition (1DC) – Take any counters on your monsters and rearrange then as desired on your monsters.
Guardianship (3DC) – Target one random monster other than walls anywhere. That monster cannot take damage this turn.
Refortify (5DC) – This units health is fully healed. Further, this unit will take no damage this turn.

Flag Post

For reference, dev, nobody else is doing defense counters. Just lump those in with attacks or something. Honestly.