KA battles page 2

127 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by BCLEGENDS:

For reference, dev, nobody else is doing defense counters. Just lump those in with attacks or something. Honestly.

Its for a seperate mechanic, actually. Defenses are meant to be treated as a seperate action and such. But I see your point about the barrier effect.

Name: Siege Brigadeer
Health: 600
Summon Cost:
200 BA. Only one can be presently in play per person at any time.
Speed: 8
Attacks:
grenades
1 attack counter – Does 75 damage. Ignores any passive abilities and buffs.
missle bombard
3 attack counters – Does 500 damage, but only against walls and vehicles.
tactical strike
5 attack counters – Attacks all enemies. Randomly pick a number from 50-150% the speed for this and each unit. If this unit is higher, do 350 damage.
Siege:
team siege gains
whenever any monster you control destroys a monster, gain 1 siege counter.
firearms
1 siege counters – Target unit’s attacks are permanently 50 points higher.
missle deployment
3 siege counters – Attacks all enemies for 500 damage ignoring all enemy conditions.
assault booster
7 siege counters – All allies permanently gain +1 attack counter per turn, including new units.

Flag Post
Originally posted by helltank:

If I have, say, two attack counters, can I use two one-attack-counter attacks?

yes. But there has to be a limit. I don’t want you to be able to spam an attack 50 times in one turn. So mabey a monster can attack a max of 5 times per turn? or mabey only 15 attack tokens can be used by a monster a turn?

Originally posted by developous: attacks
no attack counters – when this unit is destroyed in battle, gain 3 attack or defense counters that can be placed on units when desired.
special(no atk c) – All allied units generate 1 defense counter per turn.
1 attack counter – flip a coin. On heads, do 100 damage. On tails, recover 100 life.
2 attack counters – gain 3 attack counters and 200 life. This unit cannot attack during the next turn when applied.
3(5?) attack counters – This unit selects a ‘defensive’ ability from another unit. As long as that unit is alive, this unit keeps that property.
defenses
3 defense counters – This turn, all damage to this unit is halved, and he is immune to bad status conditions.
7 defense counters – This turn, all allied units are immune to bad status conditions, or choose one unit to be permanently immune.

I don’t think we need attack and defence counters. You can use attack counter for defencive moves too. Your special ability is OP as it would cause all your units to gain two attack tokens per turn. I’m assuming when you use your second ability you don’t gain a attack counter next turn, if so it is fine. Regenreting Needler attacks should do 50 damage instead of 75.

Instead of making you nerf all your awsome monster ideas should I make monster tiers? weak characters wouldn’t be able to use monster that are in high tiers.

Flag Post

Deal. Nothing saying we cannot earn the bigger forces.

But the point about those counters is that its unique to those forces. The idea behind subdivisions is to have techniques that are seperate of the normal attacks.

In this case, defense counters would be used for PROTECTION purposes.

Example:

on the 3rd turn, the vanguard usses the 1st power 3 times
AND… the defense power as well.

Flag Post
Originally posted by developous:

Deal. Nothing saying we cannot earn the bigger forces.

But the point about those counters is that its unique to those forces. The idea behind subdivisions is to have techniques that are seperate of the normal attacks.

In this case, defense counters would be used for PROTECTION purposes.

Example:

on the 3rd turn, the vanguard usses the 1st power 3 times
AND… the defense power as well.

I still don’t like the idea very much….. I’ll see what the other players think.

I’ll update the main post with more stuff tonight.

Flag Post

New variant for vanguard:

special(no atk c) – Every allied unit may convert their attack counters into defense counters.

Flag Post

read first post for new rules.

Flag Post

winks – mod these for tier 1 plz.

Name: Crude Soldier
Health: 75
Summon Cost:
none
Attacks:
slasher
1 attack counter – Does 75 damage, 125 versus ‘mages’.

Name: Basic Guardian
Health: 125
Summon Cost:
25 BA
Speed: 5
Attacks:
spear striker
1 attack counter – Does 50 damage, Breaker(ignores any attack reductions).
Defenses:
defense shift
may gain 1 defense token per turn instead of attack
armorate
1 defense token – reduce the damage of all attacks this turn on this unit by 75 points, not lower than 0.

Flag Post

Oh, fine, then. Let’s go all-out with a Tier GOD 6 monster.

Name: Shrinus, Lord of Worship
Health: 5000
Summon Cost: 2 turns, 200BA
Attacks:
Lightning Bolt (1AC) – Deals 100 damage.
Shrine Beam (3AC) – Deals 200 damage to all opposing monsters.
Flare (4AC) – Deals 350 damage to between one and three opposing monsters.
Deific Powers:
Deity (Passive) – As a deific being, Shrinus is unable to be harmed except by other monsters that are also deific in nature, or at least wield enough power to be considered as such.
Convert (0DC) – Once per turn, Shrinus may choose one sapient monster in play to try and convert into a worshipper, including monsters owned by the opponent. This has a 60% chance of success; monsters converted into worshippers remain unchanged statwise, but cause Shrinus to generate one Deity Counter per turn per worshipper, and cannot target Shrinus with attacks of any sort if owned by the opponent.
Smite (2DC) – Instantly destroys an opposing monster, or deals 750 damage if the monster is deific in nature.
Deific Strike (3DC) – Deals 2000 damage. Can only be used against deific monsters, or monsters with enough power to be considered as such.
Call to Worship (4DC) – Converts all sapient monsters on the field into worshippers, or into unaligned monsters if they are already aligned to a deific being other than Shrinus.
Sacrificial Blessing (5DC) – Automatically destroys one monster on the owner’s side of the field, and causes all worshippers to deal 75% more damage and take 75% less damage until Shrinus’ next move. Worshippers from either side of the field can be sacrificed with this move, but only if no non-worshipper monsters exist on the owner’s side of the field; doing so will cause worshippers to only deal 40% more damage and take 40% less damage, and also reduces the owner’s BA by the maximum health of the sacrificed monster.
Sacrificial Curse (5DC) – Automatically destroys one monster on the owner’s side of the field, and causes all non-worshippers to deal 75% less damage and take 75% more damage until Shrinus’ next move. Worshippers from either side of the field can be sacrificed with this move, but only if no non-worshipper monsters exist on the owner’s side of the field; doing so will cause non-worshippers to only deal 40% less damage and take 40% more damage, and also reduces the owner’s BA by the maximum health of the sacrificed monster.

Flag Post

[I vote that Defense Counters are bullshit. Just lump them in with Attacks.]

Also, because BC did it first… time for a God.

Name:Reflux, Lord of Puppets
Health:5000
Summon Cost:2 turns, 200BA
Speed:5
Attacks:
Rolling Thunder(3AC)-In two turns, deal 200 damage to all opposing monsters.
Corrupt Ability(5AC)-Take away an attack or ability from an opposing monsters.

Dark Powers:
Unholy Blessing(Passive)-Reflux is unable to be harmed except by other monsters that are also deific in nature, or wield enough power to be considered as such.

Aura of Darkness(Passive)-Reflux generates 0.5 DC per turn automatically.

Shadow Strings(1DC)-Reflux may turn one sapient monster into a Puppet. Each pair of Puppets may work together to generate 1 DC per turn for Reflux. Puppets are unchanged in terms of stats. This has a 50% chance of success, and opposing monsters that are Puppets may not attack Reflux.

Horde(Passive)-All Puppets automatically attack enemy monsters every turn.

Demonic Armageddon(7DC)-All non-Deific or equivalent monsters, regardless of owner, will instantly die. This Dark Power costs Reflux 150 Health.

Unending Puppet Swarm(0DC)-Once per game, Reflux may destroy ten of his Puppets to instantly all Deific Being or equivalent on the field. Even if there are several duplicates of Reflux, this can only be used once. If Reflux owns less than ten Puppets, he may not use this ability. Reflux may not destroy another Reflux’s Puppets to use this ability.

Flag Post

Name:Wall of Skulls
Health:500
Summon Cost:One Turn, 50BA
Speed:0
Attacks:
Barrier(Passive):Any damage done to Wall of Skulls will not cost its owner BA. All attacks will be redirected to Wall of Skulls. If an attack is directed to all monsters in the field, Wall of Skulls will take the damage while other monsters remain unscathed.

Unique(Passive):There may not be more than one Wall of Skulls on the field at any time.

-

I propose a new idea:Spells. No card game is complete without them. Only one spell may be cast per turn. Spells have various effects, but they’re one-use only. They do not linger in the field like monsters, and thus do not have Attacks or Health.

Spell:Decaying Siege
Summon Cost:10BA
Effect:Destroy a monster with the passive ability “Barrier”.

Flag Post

Name: Kirikar, The Great One

Health: 5000

Summon Cost: 2 Turns, 200 BA

Speed: 0 (Kirkiar does not move, it is rooted to the ceiling, floor and walls by large tendrils.)

Attacks:
Psychological Torture (1AC): Kirikar taps into the target creature’s own mind and tortures it. Deals 100 Damage.

Disable Mind (3 AC): This ability allows Kirikar to stun a creature for 2 turns.

Mind Control (5 AC): Kirikar takes control of the target creature’s mind for 3 turns.

Destroy Mind (10 AC): This ability lowers target creature’s health to 50% of it’s total health, regardless of whether it is a deity or not, by destroying part of its mind.

Kirikar is also a Deity, just so you know. So…

*Godship (Passive) – Harmful Status conditions do not affect this unit. Further, This unit cannot be damaged by normal means.

Name: Hive Mind

Health: 1000

Summon Cost: 150 BA

Speed: 2 (Hive Minds are gigantic organs that hang from an organic platform that is attached to 6 legs.)

Attacks:
Assimilate (2 AC): This absorbs the target creature and adds the target creature’s health to the Hive Mind.

Slap (0 AC): The Hive Mind… just slaps the target creature with a tentacle. Causes 25 Damage.

Produce Drone: (This attack actually produces another creature by taking 25 health from the Hive Mind. So -25 Health): This attack removes a small amount of organic matter from the Hive Mind and uses it to create 1 Mindless Drone. (See Below)

Recover (0 AC): The Hive Mind spends its turn to recover 25 health.

Name: Berserk Drone

Health: 100

Summon Cost: 50 Hive Mind Health or 50 BA

Attacks:
Attack (0 AC): Causes 100 Damage.

Suicide Ram (3 AC): The Berserk Drone rams the target creature for anywhere from 300 to 600 damage, but it also kills itself in the process.
-

Name: Attack Drone

Health: 50

Summon Cost: 25 Health from a Hive Mind, or 25 BA.

Speed: 10

Attacks:
Claw (0 AC): The drone claws target creature for 50 damage.

Sting (1 AC): The drone stings target creature for 75 damage.

Name: Worker Drone

Health: 50

Summon Cost: 50 Hive Mind Health or 50 BA

Attacks:
Bite (0 AC): Worker Drone bites the target creature for 25 health.

This creature generates 25 BA every round while in play.

Flag Post

The reason for any counter is dubious. You see, if you examine it, counters rely on specific monsters to be obtained. In this case, the “Achilles Heel” is crimson vanguard
I will make my god card now.
Also, say how deific counters are earned.

Name: Valadon, God of Justice
Health: 6000
Summon Cost: 3 turns, 200BA, sacrifice 1 monster you control.
Attacks:
Justice bolt
1 attack counter – Does 200 damage, but only against dark, undead, and evil monsters. Otherwise, does 50 damage.
Enforcement
2 attack counters – All basic guardians deploy free this turn and begin with 1 defense counter.
call to arms
3 attack counters – All allied forces gain 1 attack or defense counter(choose for each).
justice shield
3 attack counters – Target a monster. Every time that monster is attacked this turn, the attacker takes 300 damage. OR… inflict 500 damage against a monster able to inflict bad status conditions.
guardian conversion
For each monster you control, you may take 5 defense counters from them each turn to add 1 guardian counter to this monster.
Guardian:
Godship (Passive) – Harmful status conditions do not affect this unit. Further, This unit cannot be damaged by normal means.
Justice (Passive) – For each allied unit inflicted with at least 1 bad status condition, all enemy forces take 25 damage.
Counterstrike(1GC) – During this turn, any attacks done on the monster are inflicted on the attacker instead, and doubled.
Destiny Bond(2GC) – Target a monster. As long as that monster and this one exists, that monster is the only one that can use its abilities and can only attack this one. Further, this would become the only monster able to attack that player until its eliminated.
7th Day Infringement(2GC) – Destroy all copied and created monsters in play, allied forces gain 3 attack or defense counters for each one.
Protective Barrier (3GC) – During the turn this is executed your monsters cannot be damaged and inflicted with bad status conditions.
Judgement Day (3GC) – Destroy all counters everywhere, OR any cards that allow access to such except gods.

Flag Post

Please adjust these for tier 2 status:

Name: Basic Mine
Health: 350
Summon Cost:
35 BA, 2 turns.
Speed: 0(mines cannot move)
Attacks:
structural integrity(passive)
This has releavant ‘building’ parameters.
supply lines(passive)
You gain 1 attack or defense counter that may be moved onto a monster per turn.
mining sentinals
1 attack counter – create a crude soldier. He may attack once for free this turn.
mining fortifications
2 attack counters – does 3 attacks inflicting 75 damage.
mining security
3 attack counters – Reveal all stealth monsters this turn.
Defense:
mushroom farms
3 defense counters – heal all allied biological forces for 25 life OR target biological unit regains 25 life per turn.
deep core mining
7 defense counters – during the turn this is played, you retain any counters you spent. At the end of the turn, destroy this card or one ‘big mack’ you control.

Name: Big Mack
Health: 225
Summon Cost:
35 BA, 2 turns.
Speed: 10
Attacks:
mobility doctrines(passive)
This unit has releavant ‘vehicle’ parameters.
trade negotiation
0 attack counters – you and your opponent decide whether they exchange 1 monster in play for 1 monster in play or not. In addition to this, this unit would shift control to the opponent as well if successfull.
supply convoy
‘x’ attack counters – move any used counters on this unit to other units.
machineguns
2 attack counters – does 3 attacks inflicting 75 damage.

Name: Phyrexian Healer
Health: 200
Summon Cost:
65 BA, 3 turns.
Attacks:
healing winds(passive)
this unit regains 25 life, along with the player gaining 25 ba, per turn.
priest staff
1 attack counter – does 75 damage or heals a biological unit for 75 life.
turn undead
2 attack counters – does 75 damage against all undeads and ghosts.
exorcism
3 attack counters – does 300 damage against an undead or ghost, and that unit cannot attack this turn.
Defense:
purify body
3 defense counters – Remedy all physical status conditions and poisons from a target unit.
purify soul
5 defense counters – Remedy all magical and spiritual status conditions from a target unit.
purify mind
7 defense counters – Remedy all mental and social status conditions from a target unit.

Flag Post

The reason for any counter is dubious. You see, if you examine it, counters rely on specific monsters to be obtained. In this case, the “Achilles Heel” is crimson vanguard
I will make my god card now.
Also, say how deific counters are earned.

Name: Valadon, God of Justice
Health: 8000
Summon Cost: 3 turns, 200BA
Attacks:
Justice bolt
1 attack counter – Does 200 damage, but only against dark, undead, and evil monsters. Otherwise, does 50 damage.
Enforcement
2 attack counters – All basic guardians deploy free this turn and begin with 1 defense counter.
call to arms
3 attack counters – All allied forces gain 1 attack or defense counter(choose for each).
justice shield
3 attack counters – Target a monster. Every time that monster is attacked this turn, the attacker takes 300 damage. OR… inflict 500 damage against a monster able to inflict bad status conditions.
guardian conversion
For each monster you control, you may take 5 defense counters from them each turn to add 1 guardian counter to this monster.
Guardian:
Godship (Passive) – Harmful status conditions do not affect this unit. Further, This unit cannot be damaged by normal means.
Justice (Passive) – For each allied unit inflicted with at least 1 bad status condition, all enemy forces take 25 damage.
Counterstrike(1GC) – During this turn, any attacks done on the monster are inflicted on the attacker instead, and doubled.
Destiny Bond(2GC) – Target a monster. As long as that monster and this one exists, that monster is the only one that can use its abilities and can only attack this one. Further, this would become the only monster able to attack that player until its eliminated.
7th Day Infringement(2GC) – Destroy all coppied monsters in play, allied forces gain 1 attack or defense counter for each one.
Protective Barrier (3GC) – During the turn this is executed your monsters cannot be damaged and inflicted with bad status conditions.
Judgement Day (3GC) – Destroy all counters everywhere, along with any cards that allow access to such except gods.

Im calling BS on this.

1. 8000 health? That deserves a bit more compensation than just an extra turn to summon.
2. The whole “Justice” thing is overpowered. How about for every 2 bad status conditions?
3. The Judgement Day ability is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too overpowered for its cost.

Flag Post

(3) Oki… changed it into a choice on judgement.
(2) Its not EACH bad status condition. Its once per allied monster that has at least 1 bad status condition, thus the number of status conditions ON a monster doesnt matter, just how many monsters have such.
(1) Ok… I will require I sacrifice one monster I control as well.

Flag Post

(3) Oki… changed it into a choice on judgement.
(2) Its not EACH bad status condition. Its ONCE per allied monster that has at least 1 bad status condition.
(1) Ok… I will require I sacrifice one monster I control as well.

Okay, cool.

Do you see anything wrong with any of my creatures, anything too overpowered?

Flag Post

Nope, its good. Also, I like your cards.

Flag Post

Destroy mind. You can’t have instakill any monster. At the most, make it instakill any except deities/other beings of sufficient power.
Also, proposal: deities and other beings of sufficient power are unique, and you cannot summon more than one of them.

Flag Post
Originally posted by dreamsdragon1998:

Destroy mind. You can’t have instakill any monster. At the most, make it instakill any except deities/other beings of sufficient power.

Okay, i made it so that it removes 50% of the target creature’s total health.

Flag Post

Just curious. Which ability of valadon’s do you like best?

Name: Cosmic Cannon
Health: 300
Summon Cost:
35 BA, 2 turns.
Speed: 12
Attacks:
mechanics(passive)
This unit has releavant ‘machine’ parameters.
machinegun variant
1 attack counter – target monster takes 75 damage. Breaker.
standard bombards
2 attack counters – Target monster takes 200 damage, along with any adjacent monster taking 100 damage.
godslayer bombards
3 attack counters – Does 300 damage against units with the ‘godship’ ability.
Defense
armory(passive)
for every 5 defense counters this unit has, damage inflicted on this unit is reduced by 50.
rebuild(passive)
You may take 3 defense counters you posess from anywhere to revive this monster as desired with full life.
automated repair
1 defense counter – this unit recovers 250 life, but gains no attack counters next turn.
supply lines
2 defense counters – Target allied monster retains any attack or defense counters it uses this turn. Doesn’t apply on any retaining ability.
stunning gas
3 defense counters – Target relevant monster that can be affected is paralyzed this turn.

Flag Post

Justice shield. And I don’t think you need to add another kind of counter.

Flag Post

Ahh, I see. Also, Changed 7th day to upscale it. Was a bit weak where I stand:

7th Day Infringement(2GC) – Destroy all copied and created monsters in play, allied forces gain 3 attack or defense counters for each one.

Flag Post

I think I have come up with a very good ‘development system’ idea for allowing cards to be used.

Victory Pts (VPS)

The idea is simple. State achievements for VPS. The max you can gain from such is 1500.
VPS would unlock higher tiers and any cards greater than tier 1.

Thats all to it!

Plz help to make these tier 1 units.

Name: Armed Peasantry
Summon Cost:
none
Attacks:
crude strke
1 attack counter – Does 50 damage.
mud slap
2 attack counters – Does 75 damage with a 25% chance of ‘blind’.
Defense:
first aide
1 defense counter – Target biological unit gains 50 life.
taskforcing
2 defense counters – Create an armed peasantry. He begins with 1 defense counter.

Name: Basic Scientist
Summon Cost:
25 Ba.
Attacks:
beaker throw
1 attack counter – does either 25 or 75 damage. On 25, reduces speed for 2 turns by 1. On 75, regain 25 life and BA.
researcher
Vps events weild more points when this unit is involved.
Defense:
first aide
1 defense counter – Target biological unit gains 50 life.
beaker throw
2 defense counters – target biological unit is blinded.

Ready to duel. Now, how will this work?

Vps Goals:

Armed peasantry creates 5 units. (35 vps)
Defeat my first tier 2 NPC monster in a duel. (100 vps)
Have at least 5 units with 3 attack counters. (75 vps)
Win my first duel. (200 vps)

Good values?

Flag Post

[Dammit, developous, Valadon is way too OP. All it has to do is use Destiny Bond on a really weak monster, make sure not to attack it and spam Justice Bolt. Justice will also help soften up the enemy forces. Furthermore, if another God starts to build up his forces(like if Reflux starts to get anywhere near 10 Puppets to use Endless Puppet Swarm), he can just use Judgement Day. Also, that HP is wayy too much. 6000 would be more than enough.]

[The Hive Mind was pretty much made to out-swarm Plague Lord… alternate Recover and Produce Drone and the Hive Mind will be able to generate lots of drones before it dies. Especially if it only produces Berserk Drones that do nothing but Suicide Ram.]

Flag Post

His weakness is team battles in this case.

ABout judgement day. It wouldn’t destroy those who get just the default 1 atk counter. It would require an ability that allows more counters.

SOO… Judgement day would be useless versus drones and such.