Tabula Rasa [Ather City 3] Sign-ups Thread page 4

218 posts

Flag Post

Name:Nathaniel Black(Main), Rage(Anger), Sorrow(Sadness), Joy(Happiness), Savant(Special)

Appearance:Nathaniel Black wears a white shirt and faded blue jeans.

Magic School:Elemental

Spell of Choice:Elemental Burst:A weak burst of elemental energy that changes properties depending on which personality is in control of him at the moment. Nathaniel himself cannot do magic. Rage uses a fire bolt causing minor burns, Sorrow a water whip that can knock enemies back a couple of steps, Joy a white light that blinds enemy for a second or two and Savant a wisp of darkness that strikes the enemy.

Bio:Nathaniel Black suffers from schizophrenia, and shares his body with 4 other personalities. He is the one that is in control most of the time, but also the only one that cannot do magic.

Rage takes over when he feels very angry. Rage is headstrong and reckless, and often flies into battle wielding nothing but a single faltering fire bolt.

Sorrow takes over when he feels very sad. Sorrow is the smartest out of all of them(with Savant being the only exception), but often trembles or breaks into tears at inopportune moments.

Joy takes over when he feels very happy. Joy often comes up with ingenious, on-the-spot plans, but is optimistic to the point of foolishness and doesn’t know how to use his power effectively.

Savant takes over when he is placed under great stress and when his life is in danger. Savant is incredibly smart, being able to perform calculations involving instant multiplication of 5 digit numbers and also relying excessively on logic. However, he is highly antisocial and bites his nails frequently, as well as being incredibly ruthless. Savant’s main weakness is that physically, he is the weakest of them all, often being unable to carry loads of more than one point five kilograms for extended periods. His greatest strength is that he knows how to utilize his power effectively.

Flag Post

All these mages just want to munchkin as hard as possible. :/
Scratch that, helltank isn’t bad, in fact I like his spell.

Flag Post

helltank’s sign bothers me a bit because it’s a bit too similar to Jonathan Newton. Other than that, I approve.

B_S is just mad that I won’t let him be OP.

Flag Post

(game starting soon?)

Flag Post

Yes, thank you, Minnakht, for providing that less-than-accurate commentary on an argument that was supposed to be private anyway.

Skype. Now.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Wait, so you guys run group therapy and character creation via Skype? Why was I not invited?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kidudeman:

Wait, so you guys run group therapy and character creation via Skype? Why was I not invited?

Because only freinds are allowed.

Flag Post

That was a bit rough.

Flag Post

Yeaaah. Also, it’s not Skype we use.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SpiritfChaos:

B_S is just mad that I won’t let him be OP.

No, this actually has nothing to do with you. I’m annoyed at BC for multiple reasons. Don’t ask why, as it will derail the thread.

Flag Post

Damn, your conflicts sound retarded.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Firespread:

They don’t just sound like that.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kidudeman:
Originally posted by Firespread:

They don’t just sound like that.

Conflict over Characters being OP.
Yup

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gambi69:

The bio is what worries me. How can someone be both laidback and rash, mature and yet irritated by signs of immaturity, or even full of common sense while simultaneously capable of uncontrollable rage? There’s too many contradictions, it’s like Hawke has a mood disorder. There’s also the fact that it’s not even a bio at all, more like a personality assessment. I personally think he should sort out his personality and then provide some actual backstory before he goes any further.

Actually I remember making an character one time where the guy had multiple personalities (one for smart, one dumb but tough, one crazy, one socially acceptable, one shy, one confident, one a coward, one a hero, one full of energy, and one that is a cold, hardcore killer.), really I just made him so I could have any damn personality I wanted at a time, pretty fun way to RP.

Flag Post

I made a charcter like that in AC2, but he only had two personalities. He has a pacifistic personality and a violent one. Many a time I used their conversations as filler when I wanted to post but had nothing to do.

Flag Post

I’m maintaining the game balance. Now post a character sheet or gtfo.

Flag Post

So when are we starting?

Flag Post
Originally posted by coolo2011:

So when are we starting?

Later, coolo. Please stop asking; it is starting to get annoying.

Flag Post

I am considering joining.

On a more serious note, why not use the traditional spell schools?

Flag Post

New world/new spells?

Flag Post

On a more serious note, why not use the traditional spell schools?

Because the setting of this game is simple to understand, so exposition and development could be moved to making more original content. Like spell schools.

When using D&D mechanics, you can think of a dungeon.
When using Earth, you can think of your own mechanics.
When you make everything original, you get a game similar to one by Developous, only with varying quality – and those seem to not go well.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BCLEGENDS:

So when are we starting?

I only asked once.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BCLEGENDS:

So when are we starting?

I only asked once.

Oh. I was under the impression that you asked at least three times during this thread so far, including that one. Maybe I was mistaken.

Flag Post

If Hawke actually DOES have a mood/personality disorder, then that’s fine. However, wouldn’t he say as much if that’s what he intended? And the fact that it isn’t a bio is still valid.