City-State [Government Simulation; Game] page 2 (locked)

206 posts

Flag Post

1 cubic ft of food = I person for month
Me like name

Flag Post
Originally posted by myhome16:

1 cubic ft of food = I person for month

2 cubic feet actually. I literally just sat on my bed with a measuring stick trying to figure out what I think is necessary. xp

Flag Post

I vote for Proposal 1.

I vote against Proposal 2.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ShogunX44:

I agree,but we should also dismantle our ships and build a small fortified wooden settlement, to defend ourselves from the unknown. I shall preside over the construction of the settlement.

I would like to propose a committee.
Name:Committee on Environment and Public Works
Purpose: The construction and management of bridges, roads, buildings, defensive structures, schools, and other, long-term, physical assets and facilities. Also to provide a healthy working environment to minimize harm to public health .
Requirements:100 humans, 4 wooden ships and 25 chickens (to feed the workers)

I also disapprove of the name “The Glorious Empire of Arogonia” and government type of elective monarchy. I suggest we form a Totalitarian System with Firespread as Field Martial, for the meantime.

Request accepted, Committee name changed to “Department of Construction” and Purpose changed to building of all public business.
And because we are evil, we own all business.
Totalitarian system denied.

Flag Post
Originally posted by HappyYay:

I vote for Proposal 1.

Proposal one votes:
For: 3
Against: 0

Proposal 2 votes:
For: 2
Against: 1

(I remembered my votes count twice. :/)

Flag Post

I am heavily opposed to dismantling our ships. Ships are incredibly challenging to construct compared to simple wooden houses, and we should not destroy this resource so flippantly. It may be months before we are able to complete constructions of that magnitude. In addition, if it turns out that we do not need our small navy, ships are very valuable and I am sure other entities (yet undiscovered) would pay a fine price in valuable materials if we sold them.

Edit: Instead, I believe that the DoC should focus on logging for our structures.

Flag Post

Oh wait, I didn’t see the Requirements. I derped over them.
Requirements HEAVILY denied.
You may have 30 Humans.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Firespread:

You may have 30 Humans.

HOW DID THAT GET BY YOU?

Flag Post

I suggest the name Argent Empire (or simply Argentus or Argentia or a similar derivative) for our budding civilization. I think the current name under decision is too long and wordy and does not sound particularly good anyway.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Firespread:

You may have 30 Humans.

HOW DID THAT GET BY YOU?

I derped out for a moment.

I suggest the name Argent Empire (or simply Argentus or Argentia or a similar derivative) for our budding civilization. I think the current name under decision is too long and wordy and does not sound particularly good anyway.

That sounds quite good, actually. I vote for (The) Argentian Empire.
Votes for: 3
Votes against: 0

Flag Post

It should be noted that anyone living in the city-state will automatically consume food that has not been allotted to any committee – therefore, unless a committee is operating at a significant distance (an army at war, for example, or the exploration committee), food is a useless resource to them, and it will only result in people slaughtering more livestock than necessary.

Also livestock is a useful resource to allot, because of the ease of transporting things that can actually walk, and the fact that somehow they have to be watched over/bred before they all get slaughtered.

/unwarranted advice that needed mentioning

Flag Post

Changed allotted materials to REC from 35 feet of Biscuits and 35 feet of Salted Pork to 7 pigs and 25 chickens.

Flag Post

This page is a ninja fest.

Flag Post

I vote for Proposal 1.

Name:Committee on Manufacturing and Tools
Purpose: The construction and management of products and materials to enhance the efficiency of workers.
Requirements: 30 humans, 5 Smithing Hammers, 25 Chickens

Flag Post

It is. But I think I have managed to get the current committees, resources, and such fully organized and laid out in a WordPad document, and will continue to track them as you all develop your committees and such. Because obsessive-compulsive, maybe? I dunno. Probably I just know that come Saturday something will screw me up if I haven’t already got the basic structure of your hierarchies laid out.

Also: was HappyYay’s request to be a part of NCAFM ever approved/denied, or is it being lumped in with the new “leaders decide their members” policy?

Which reminds me, vote if you like, but the Governor still has the final decision (as was written in the Book of Rules OP), so he will need to submit your votes officially as part of his assignments/allotments. No matter what his official title is. :P

EDIT: Okay I totally just checked this page for ninjas and found none, how did Zzzip slip past me?

Flag Post

Proposal one accepted.

Originally posted by Zzzip50:

I vote for Proposal 1.

Name:Committee on Manufacturing and Tools
Purpose: The construction and management of products and materials to enhance the efficiency of workers.
Requirements: 30 humans, 5 Smithing Hammers, 25 Chickens

Request denied on grounds that it is unnecessary at the current point in time. When we establish basic buildings, then we will begin building with more advanced tools, and therefore will need this committee. File under Archives for usage at later time.

Flag Post

I just know that come Saturday something will screw me up if I haven’t already got the basic structure of your hierarchies laid out.

Yes it will. It always will. Keep every record. Even the most inconsequential thing will bite you in the ass somewhere down the line.

Flag Post
Originally posted by W0LVERINE123:

It is. But I think I have managed to get the current committees, resources, and such fully organized and laid out in a WordPad document, and will continue to track them as you all develop your committees and such. Because obsessive-compulsive, maybe? I dunno. Probably I just know that come Saturday something will screw me up if I haven’t already got the basic structure of your hierarchies laid out.

Also: was HappyYay’s request to be a part of NCAFM ever approved/denied, or is it being lumped in with the new “leaders decide their members” policy?

Which reminds me, vote if you like, but the Governor still has the final decision (as was written in the Book of Rules OP), so he will need to submit your votes officially as part of his assignments/allotments. No matter what his official title is. :P

EDIT: Okay I totally just checked this page for ninjas and found none, how did Zzzip slip past me?

Yay

Happy’s Request was accepted.

Flag Post

By the way, our official name is now The Argentian Empire.

Flag Post

I just know that come Saturday something will screw me up if I haven’t already got the basic structure of your hierarchies laid out.

Yes it will. It always will. Keep every record. Even the most inconsequential thing will bite you in the ass somewhere down the line.

Duly noted. I may have to start updating the folder in GDocs to do things at school when I’m busy not being busy keep up, eventually.

Flag Post

“…what the President meant in the intercepted chat. This was, uh, nothing but a routine translation problem. It has to be understood, that…It has to be understood that when the President referred to the Prime Minister of the Global Alliance as a ‘big sh*thead,’ what he was trying to convey was, uh—this is an American idiom used to praise people, by referring to the sheer fertilizing power of their thoughts. The President meant to say that the Prime Minister’s head was fertile, just full of these nutrients where ideas can grow. It really was a compliment…”

Flag Post

“…what the President meant in the intercepted chat. This was, uh, nothing but a routine translation problem. It has to be understood, that…It has to be understood that when the President referred to the Prime Minister of the Global Alliance as a ‘big sh*thead,’ what he was trying to convey was, uh—this is an American idiom used to praise people, by referring to the sheer fertilizing power of their thoughts. The President meant to say that the Prime Minister’s head was fertile, just full of these nutrients where ideas can grow. It really was a compliment…”

O_o

Flag Post

I think this goes in the general thread.
ALSO, AMERICA THE BOOK FTW.

Flag Post

I accept Happyay into the NCAFM Council as a Council Member.

The NCAFM requests the aid of 5 able-bodied individuals from Elective Monarch Firespread to study the soil and find some way to plow it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by undeadcupcake3:

I accept Happyay into the NCAFM Council as a Council Member.

The NCAFM requests the aid of 5 able-bodied individuals from Elective Monarch Firespread to study the soil and find some way to plow it.

Granted.