Tabula Rasa [Ather City 3] Main Game

447 posts

Flag Post

Sign-up thread is here.

Flag Post

The Scribe knelt over the Knight’s unconscious body, immobilized after the last strike against him. He retrieved the Knight’s weapon from a pile of rubble nearby and struck it with his own. There was a blinding bronze light, and when it faded, the weapons were no longer separate, but had formed into a massive key two meters long. “Nice.”
The Witch peeked around the ruins of a crumbled high-rise before running out to him, but stopped when she caught sight of the Knight’s body. “Is he dead?”
“No, I just locked him up until I can fix him.”
“Well, at least you got the staff from him.”
“Well yeah. I won, I got the spoils, and I may or may not be a god now.”
“Time travel makes you think like that, huh?”
“No, but this does.” The Scribe waved his hand, and a door appeared in the air with a giant keyhole on the side. He unlocked it, and the world around them melted away, leaving behind an empty void with bits and pieces of matter floating in the dim light from a distant star. The Witch looked around in awe. “What just happened?”
“This is just a projection of somewhere else. Specifically, a new universe that was just created.”
“What.”
“Yeah. I guess at some point during that fight, Michael and I just stared hitting each other so hard it was like a second Big Bang or something.”
beat
“Damn that’s awesome. So what do we do now?”
The Scribe began walking through the void, pushing pieces of rock out of his way. “I’m thinking I could stick around for a while. I guess since I helped create this place, I might as well make sure it turns out better than our world did.”
“That shouldn’t be hard. Just as long as no one like Lucius comes around, we should be fine.”
“Probably. Anyway!” He clapped his hands, and pieces of rock gathered around a newly-formed star until they formed into a planet. The key glowed red, and several billion years passed, giving the new world time to develop life. “On to fixing this up a bit. Let’s see… I guess we should start more or less at the beginning of our story, but maybe not make this about us.”
“Maybe the current generation set in the past?”
“That works. Connor’s not doing anything right now, neither is Alex. Let’s start with them.”

Connor
I wake up to the sound of a news alert blaring on my phone, telling me that Clayton made the news again. Please tell me he made a laser cannon or something… dammit! As it turns out, Clayton had been arrested the night before for starting a riot over in the East side of the city. I get dressed and dial Gaylord’s number. “Hey Anderson, my idiot brother got arrested again. Feel like staging a prison break today?” Before he can reply, I hang up and step out into the crowded streets of Chicago.

Flag Post

(so we can post now?)

Flag Post

I’m in a forest quite the ways from the town. I summon a phoniex to practice my magic for a while, however I end up setting fire to a nearby shrub. O start stomping out the fire but I’m having a little trouble with it.

Flag Post

Jason

i start to run the cities rooftops jumping over buildings delivering stuff to the apartments. “this job is easy.”

Flag Post

Jacob

As I walk through a forest, I begin to feel tired. The next town is too far away, so I begin searching for a nearby place to rest, and plan to reach the next town tomorrow. As I walk into a clearing, I notice a guy stomping on a flaming shrub, and some fire floating in the air nearby. Weird. I pull out my water flask and pour it on the shrub, hopefully dousing it out. I pour the rest of the water on the flying fire, though I’m still not sure what it is.

Flag Post

James
I yawn and get out of bed. No work today, so I might as well sleep in a bit. The room is completely black. I reach around in the air to make sure nothing is near my hand and I form a small fireball, about the size of my hand. I close my eyes for a moment as they adapt to the new light. After several seconds I shake my head and walk to the door. As I open it I turn on the lights and get rid of the fireball. I get some bacon from the fridge and put it in a pan. Rather than use a stove or such, I just make a fireball below it and hold it there. It doesn’t take long to heat it up. I put the pan down on my rarely used stove top and get a spatula, which I use to put the bacon on a plate. Then I pour myself a cup of orange juice and sit on my couch. “Three strips of bacon and a glass of orange juice in the middle of the day. Meal of champions.”

Flag Post

Vinyl
I was glad that someone came along to help me with the fire but I see him him dousing out my phoenix. “No!” I tackle him to the ground and start comforting the weakened fire bird before sending him back. “Why would you do that?”

Flag Post

Jacob

“What?” I say, and I try to focus on the fire. I begin to notice details, wings and such. “Is that… Is that bird on fire?”

Flag Post

Vinyl
The phoenix is okay but is greatly weakened so I keep it in my hands while comforting it. “She’s a phoenix you could’ve killed her… well no permeant damage though, my name is Vinyl, yours?”

Flag Post

Jacob

“The Name’s Jacob. So, what are you doing in a forest like this?”

Flag Post

Jason

Jason runs more rooftops and jumps from building to building delivering a package to a man eating breakfast in his apartment. “have a good day sir.”

Flag Post

James
“Huh, what?” I look down at the package the guy left. Weird. I’ll open it later. for now I have a half eaten breakfast to eat. I take the package back to my room and put it on the bed. I return to my breakfast and take a seat again. Ahhh, bacon. I love bacon.

Flag Post

Vinyl
“Nice place to relax and cool off. Practicing my magic too,” I look at the ashes of the bush “Shouldnt practice fire though.”

Flag Post

Jacob

“Apparently Not” I say, Chuckling. “Next town is pretty far away. Got an extra tent?” I ask.

Flag Post

“Nope! I could just lend you mines, if it’s not raining I usually sleep under the stars” (I do this in real life)

Flag Post

Jacob

“Thanks, then. I really don’t like sleeping among bugs.” I say. I begin pulling out my supplies of food. “Sardines?” I say, extending out a can.

After dinner, I set up the tent and lie down to sleep. I will continue searching tomorrow.

Flag Post

Vinyl
I grab the can and nod my head “Thanks!” I cracked the can open and pop it right into my mouth.

Flag Post

Jason

Jason would finish delivering and clambered down one of the pipes connected to a building. He would walk back to his house and watch the news…something about the new mall and shit. He clicks off his tv. “nothing’s ever on except for these crappy ass shows…”

Flag Post

Evie
I am wandering down a sidewalk in Chicago. Three of my wonderful brothers have just decided to run away from me, and now I’m lost. I hope they’re happy. They’ll be sorry if I ever find them again…
I’m really unsure where I’m going. To be honest, I feel like a lost puppy. The way I figure it, I’ll probably just walk aimlessly until someone notices my lonely behavior, or until I feel like working up the courage to ask a stranger for help… Both should take a very long time. Looks like I’ll be walking for a while.

Flag Post

Gywneth

As soon as I reach the bookstore, I dart for the Horror section. Stephen King, Dean Koontz, HP Lovecraft. All of them are instant favorites and I’ve read many of their books more than once. My fingers grace the glossy spines as I look for a book I’ve read only once and have been craving to indulge in again. “Aha!” I carefully remove the thick book from the shelf, examining the cover. “IT by Stephen King.” I read aloud to myself in a hushed whisper. I tuck the book under my arm, pay for it at the register and head out the door, the tiny chime of a bell signaling my leave. As soon as I turn to walk to my usual reading spot, a small area of woods, I spot a young girl. The frustrated, yet worried expression on her face tells me she’s lost. I stare at her for a moment longer, an image of a whimpering, wide eyed puppy coming to mind and I approach her. “Are you lost?”

Flag Post

Evie
“No, of course not!” I tell this stranger almost instantly. Then, I shy away slightly. “Well… Maybe? Uhm… I’m not sure, really. My brothers ran away. I don’t know where they are…” I laugh a little and shrug. “Perhaps I am.” I look this girl over, not too entirely sure if she’s trustworthy or not. I’m not certain if I can believe a word she says, let alone trust her to help me find my brothers. She seems older than me, but young overall. I decide to give her the benefit of the doubt, just for the time being. I finally nod, realizing she’s probably thinking I’m quite an odd child at the moment for being so indecisive about if I’m lost or not. “Yes,” I say at last. “I am. I’m lost beyond a reasonable doubt…I guess.”

Flag Post

Early Morning, 9:20 am

The young Gaylord has barely awoken, staggering around in a housecoat as he sends a bot to retrieve his newspaper from the lawn and read it to him. He hears his phone buzzing in the other room, but whoever, or whatever, it is can’t possibly be more important than the great Gaylord Anderson. He heads over to the a titanium heat pad on the table and sets a kettle on it, as the water boils he listens to the robot’s whirring and chirping as processes the news for everything important.

Anderson begins to listen to his metal minion broadcast the news as he pours his beverage into a ceramic cup. His phone rings again. Yet once more he pays no heed to it, “Today I am DETERMINED to relax”. Nearly two minutes of constant buzzing pass in the back ground before a loud CLANK is heard. Anderson stumbles backwards as the floor opens up before him and launches toast into the air just 2 feet away from his face. A bright led laser then began directing a grid of flames to the piece of bread as the hasty Gaylord and his robot companion quickly ducked in cover to the ground. The fire grid stopped and the searing breakfast item fell to the floor with a serenade of crunching as burnt pieces hit the floor.

The fire carved a message into the bread. “Clayton’s been arrested. Check your damn phone”. “Oh yeah….” Anderson sighed as he propped his creation back into a standing position. He had forgotten that if he receives an important message, he programmed the house to write the text in a piece of toast and present it to him. “Why the bloody hell did I ever think that was a good idea?” Anderson pondered under his breath as he took a bite from the toast. He then darted into his room and gazed into his closet. The whole thing was filled with the same wardrobe….. Anderson haphazardly grabbed an outfit and dressed himself. He then grabbed his phone and departed. “Chiave, you’re in charge of the house until I’m back. Take care of it!” he instructed his robot companion as he dashed out through the front door.

Anderson dialed Connor’s number, the answering machine almost immediately picked up. “Tch” Anderson thought furiously to himself “and here I was hoping to get some answers!”. The monotonous “beep” gave way to Anderson’s introduction. “Hello Connor! I just received your text and I’m on my way! I have no clue where you are but worry not! For no problem is too big for the great Gaylord Anderson! Also I’m going in unarmed so this better be a civil problem.” he announced into the phone speaker as he ran through the streets.

Hopefully he’ll find them….

Flag Post

Gwyneth

I blink a few times, taking the child in. Well, child is an understatement. Although she looks young, she isn’t that young. Based on my overview of her and her speech, I’d guess 15 at the absolute youngest, 18 at the absolute oldest. Oh well. A lost girl is a lost girl. I shrug nonchalantly at her indecisiveness, deciding that if she couldn’t tell if she was lost or not, she was lost anyway. I adjust the bag in my arms, cocking my head to the street behind me out of habit. “Well, you seem pretty lost. If you would like I could either guide you home, help you find your brothers, or leave you alone. Your choice, but pick soon. We’re burning precious daylight.” My free hand digs into my pocket for a moment before I pull out a pocket watch. I flip it open, read the time and place it back. “You have 5 minutes to decide.”

Flag Post

Evie
I feel very suddenly under pressure. It appears that this girl is on some very tight schedule that I’m completely unaware of. I have to decide fast. “Well, if it’s alright, I’d appreciate it if you could help me find my brothers… I don’t know how much time you have,” I say, peeking at the watch. “I don’t want to be a bother…”