Tabula Rasa [Ather City 3] Main Game page 3

447 posts

Flag Post

Analisse

“Oh, that must have been the bastard that shot Chase… Are you sure he’s dead? Who else would fire off another shot? Unless the cops found a suspect and had to take action…”
I could tell Jason was trying to keep up, so I introduced myself.
“Never mind, I’m Ana, nice meeting you. Listen I think I’m gonna head back, see what’s going on. Right now my boyfriend’s laying in a pool of his own blood, and maybe the police have the guy in cuffs. It was wrong of me to run in the first place, but I don’t know what came over me. Do you want to go back out there with me or stay here?”

Flag Post

Jason

“I’ll go with you. There’s probably cops swarming all over the place.”

Flag Post

Jacob

I wake up and start packing with Vynil to return to town. Hopefully I will be able to find him there. This search has gone too long.

“So, do you live near here?”

Flag Post

Gwyneth

I look back and quirk a brow at her. “I understand that you’ve lived here for a day…but you can’t remember where your house is?” This girl must have the attention span of a goldfish. She couldn’t remember her house number? The street she lived on? Any significant sights near her home? I took in a small breath. I was jumping ahead of myself. It wasn’t the girl’s fault really, though it would been best if she started to pay attention more. If she did, this situation, that is asking a total stranger for help because she’s lost, could have been avoided. I shook my head. “No matter. I’m sure we’ll find it if we can’t find your brothers first. You should start paying attention to your surroundings. You wouldn’t get lost so much.”

Flag Post

Evie
I giggle slightly and shrug. “This is the first time I’ve ever been lost, actually. I bet I seem like a complete idiot to you, don’t I?” We continue walking, and I continue following closely behind her. “I can assure you, I’m actually quite intelligent. I’m just used to a very free-willed, laid back, and care free lifestyle. My brothers are probably only doing this to get rid of me. It’s not uncommon in my family, funny enough! Two other brothers of mine have been run off. We only see them on holidays, now,” I say as if it’s no big deal. I smile at her. I feel as though I’m talking about myself a lot, but I know it is unlikely that this girl is going to tell me anything about herself. My family is a bit different from most. This girl probably doesn’t care whatsoever about my family life, but I figure that I should give her a fair warning in case we do happen to find my house and they end up telling me to leave again. I look down and sigh, stating, “Yeah. They probably just don’t want me, that’s all.”

Flag Post

Gwyneth

I let a small smile grace my lips and shake my head. “No, not a complete idiot. Just seems like you have your head in the clouds, which is never a bad thing, but I’d rather you be safe too.” I shut my mouth after that. What am I? Her mom? Her next comments strike me as odd and I have to bite my tongue to keep from responding. It’s really none of my business on what her family is like. I shouldn’t care that she’s unwanted; I met her only 10 minutes or so ago. I shouldn’t, but a nagging feeling in my chest tells me I should. I look back at her, keeping my pace. “…Why wouldn’t they want you?” I ask a bit hesitantly. I feel a bit rude for asking so blatantly, but then again, she was the one who brought it up. And that smile. That small, sad smile she gave me doesn’t settle quite right with me. I’m hoping nothing is terribly wrong with this girls family life. If it is, my maternal instincts are definitely going to kick in and I feel if that happened, I wouldn’t get any reading done.

Flag Post

Vinyl
“Don’t exactly live in places… I live in some places longer than other but the world is just too big to live in one place you know.” I say while walking down the road.

Flag Post

Analisse

We reach the edge of the woods, and I notice some investigators huddled over Chase’s corpse.
“They’re taking him in,” I whisper, looking over the rest of the scene. "Maybe it’s best if I don’t show my face around them until the funeral.
The terrifying scene started replaying in my mind, and I couldn’t help the single tear that rolled down my cheek.
“Jason, I need to take a walk… alone. I’ll catch up with you some other time.”
Without saying another word, I walked away, trying to fight back the rushing emotions that came over me.

Flag Post

Kyle

He only has a moment of warning, a flash of magic detection that pulls his eyes to the window next to him, before the ball of fire rips through the wall of the restaurant, incinerating a nearby patron and setting the impact area ablaze. Kyle rolls away and looks outside, catching sight of the perpetrator just as his hand grips the fabric of his shirt and pulls him through the broken wall with a mighty yank. Kyle rolls with the impact and drops into a defensive stance, switchblade out, only to falter at the sight.

“You’re quite a hard man to track down, big brother,” says one, his hands shimmering with dancing flames.

“Yeah, if we didn’t know any better we’d think you don’t want to see us,” says the other from the room of the restaurant, a thick tendril of water undulating like a serpent around his crouching body. They were mirror images of each other in appearance, and the only thing that separated them from their identical triplet brother are Kyle’s gray eyes.

“Evening fellas,” the eldest says with a tired grin, returning his weapon to its hiding spot and holding his hands up. “It’s nice to see you again. Enjoying the Chicago sights?”

“Cut the crap Kyle. You know why we’re here so you might as well just shut up and come with us. Father is running out of patience with you,” says Jacob, flames burning a bit brighter in warning.

“You know, I wish I could care about something like that. It would certainly make my life easier if I did… but then again, that would make me a masochist with a death wish. Sorry boys, but I think I’ll pass on the invitation. Let them know they’re in my thoughts, ya hear,” he asks while focusing his energy and vanishing into the shadow of a nearby lightpost. Reappearing amidst trees, he orients himself and Shadow Walks again, moving further and further even as the now-familiar signature of his relentless brothers lingers behind him. “I can’t believe this, that he would actually send them out like bloodhounds! As if it wasn’t already hard enough dodging his regular goons!” He continues flitting in and out of the shadows, running for all he’s worth through the darkened woods. He’s so single-minded in his purpose that he never sees the person in front of him until it’s too late, barrelling into her at full speed and falling to the floor in a heap of limbs and clothing.

Flag Post

Jason

He would watch the scene quietly and he would hear Ana walk away. “we’ll meet another time…for now i’ve gotta get the hell out of here” I hear another gunshot. “god damn! Don’t you guys get tired of shooting all the time! Oops now time to run!” The cops heard me and start after me. “shit.” They fire a shot and it nearly misses. “I hope Ana’s alright.”

Flag Post

Richard
I walk into the house, loking left and right to make sure no-one’s watching. “Eddie, seen the news?” I shout out. I know he’s home.
“Yeah.” He responds, walking down the stairs. “You’re up in shit street without a paddle. Now, what do you want me to do about it?”
“Shake them off me. Plant some evidence. Make sure they ain’t looking for me come sundown.”
“I dunno, it’s going to be harder than usu-”
“300 bucks says otherwise.” I show him the money. “Besides, I know that there’s a thief in town anyway. Ray Guavero. He got outta prison not 2 years ago. I’m sure he’ll be glad to see the inside again.”
“Done.” I hand over the money, and leave. Sure is good to have a corrupt cop around town.

Flag Post

bump

Flag Post

Analisse

“Are you KIDDING me?!” The sudden stranger had somehow managed to knock me off my feet; apparently he wasn’t the cautious type.
Straightening myself out, I managed to catch a glimpse of his appearance. “So what’s your excuse for running into me, huh? Do I have a big target on my forehead telling people to take me down or something?”
He raised an eyebrow, but my anger didn’t subside any.
“You’re the second one that has bumped into me today, and honestly, I’m not a big fan of surprises, so why don’t you watch it where you’re going next time!”

Flag Post

Kyle

The adrenaline fading, he can’t help but give the girl a once-over, taking in the state of her dress and the evidence of their tussle on it.

“Sorry about that, chickie, didn’t mean to rough up your work uniform. I’d love to get to know you better but-,” he’s interrupted from saying more by the hairs rising on the back of his neck. Grabbing her by the waist Kyle leaps to the right, narrowly avoiding the fireball that lands amongst the trees.

“It’s no use, brother,” yells Jacob as Saul uses whips of water to smash aside the trees and branches in his path. “Getting yourself a human shield won’t stop me from pinking up your skin!” His actions back up his words as he launches another pair of fireballs at him. Kyle adjusts his hold on the woman into something more secure.

“Hold your breath and close your eyes,” he yells and both vanish into the shadow, reappearing on the edge of the forest on shaky legs. Kyle steadies himself and steps away from the woman. “Are you alright?”

Flag Post

Analisse

“Yes… I believe I am.” A quick check confirms the lack of injuries that might have been.
“So why were your brothers trying to kill you? Are you more importantly, not give a damn about collateral damage like me?”

Flag Post

Kyle

“What can I say, schoolgirls wake up my inner hero. That and they probably would’ve killed you anyway once they find out you have no idea who I am,” he says with a lopsided grin. His eyes look around and spot an inn across the street. “Name’s Kyle, and I need to lie low for a bit. I hoped to part ways here after picking your wallet,” he says and tosses said wallet into her hands after checking through it, "but you don’t have enough for me to get a room so I’ll need a look-out while I help myself to a key. I’m not sure if my crazy siblings won’t try and track you down either. What do you say, want to help me out a bit?

Flag Post

Analisse

“Hm, help the wannabe thief who would have stolen my money if I had any on me by keeping a
look-out for his murderous brothers who wouldn’t bat an eyelash after killing me, all so he can sleep comfortably. Let me think that one over.”
Not two seconds later I rambled on.
“No. Sorry Kyle, but I have bigger problems to worry about. Hope it works out for you.”
My wallet was once again in the bag, and I headed back into the woods trying to take a shorter path home.

Flag Post

Kyle

“Smart idea, going back the way we came. Because THAT won’t put you directly in Jacob and Saul’s path… whereas I can put us up in a room and blanket my magical signature so that they can’t find me, or you for that matter since you’re just a normal human,” he says casually, moving to cross the street. “You let me know how that works out for you, won’t you? If those two are anything like our father you might even be alive long enough to admit I told you so.” Without a second glance back Kyle crosses and makes a beeline for the check-in office.

Flag Post

Analisse

FINE! Then I won’t take the shorter route, I’ll just go around the whole damn place!” Exiting the field, I looked in both directions to figure out which way was quicker. “The reason we got in this mess in the first place is because of you, you and your stupid brothers playing mindless games.”
The words were barely above a whisper as I walked off with renewed anger.

Flag Post

Kyle

“I wouldn’t exactly call them games,” he says with a snort while fingering the newly-pilfered key in his right hand. “Besides, I don’t remember there being a school in the middle of the woods so I very much doubt your reason for being in my path is any better than mine! There are hotels, with BEDS, that are more comfortable for your line of work,” he calls out as the door to room 115 swings open at the swipe of the key. “Last chance, pumpkin. If I close this door and you’re not inside, then I wash my hands of you and your imminent demise.”

Flag Post

Analisse

“Well, pumpkin, I don’t want to be a bother so enjoy your new cozy room. In the meantime, I’ll try not to cross paths with your brothers, although at this point I really don’t care.”
I walked off without looking back, and waved my hand as a final gesture.
“Catch you on the flip side.”

Flag Post

Michelle Proctor

I emerge into the little village of Marmagne. The place is littered with those bastards in the cold suits and there’s no way I could avoid them like this… But there is a way I could get around it.

On the border of town I try to scout out an opening, then I sprint through it, alleyway by alleyway I avoid the men. There are a rediulous amount of them, this stone must mean alot. I have to keep it from them. I climb over a wall and scout out a path through the town to my destination, then i hop over the opposite wall and go. Eventually I find myself just outside my second cousin’s vehicle shop. Such a wonder why a little village like ours would ever need such a place, but it does bring in a few people from the border of Bourges. Not that it matters any more.

I quickly “Requisition” a bike, hot wire it slowly, carefully. I can’t rush this kind of thing I could get shocked to death, but with a sense of urgency such as this taking too long would be just as deadly. The engine starts. Great! I quickly accellerate down the street, a few of the armoured men appear and start shooting in my wake, but I’m already gone.

I hit a Autoroute and hammer it hard towards the coast. It will be a long drive but something is pushing me in that direction.

After about 40 miles of road I stop the bike at a services, I should really get some food, or get some petrol in this bike. I lay my coat over it to conceal the wires on the bike and then start filling her up. At least I’ll be safe now. Some strange curiosity itches me to pull out the rock. It is glowing away like before, but brighter towards the sea. It feels as if it is pulling gently west. I quickly conceal it again and pay for the fuel, then I grab a quick BLT and get ready to depart again.

I set off in that one direction, where the stone pulls me, to the west.

Flag Post

Jacob

We keep walking and talking and finally reach a new city.

“Well, let’s go in” I say.

As we enter, I notice a few posters on the walls. Magic competition, eh?

“What do you say we compete?” I ask.

Flag Post

Richard
I need a place to lie low until the heat dies down. I should head to Jimmy’s safe house. The cops can’t get me there, and I can just watch TV and wait for the news report saying that Ray’s in serious trouble. He shouldn’t even be here anyway. He emmigrated from Mexico, and as far as the rest of the boys are concerned, he’s nothing but trouble, and should not be stealing on our turf. I walk towards the safe house, feeling good in the knowledge that I’ll soon be completely off the hook while Ray’s public enemy number one. Always helps to have contacts in this town.

Flag Post

bump