[Trivia] Duel - Duel #17 - MaistlinRajere vs. puzzledan (locked)

841 posts

Flag Post

This is Duel. This is a trivia game but with a twist. Each Duel consists of two players, who each begin the game with 10 poker chips, which each have the value of £1,000.

Contestants will be asked multiple-choice general knowledge questions each with four possible answers, one of which was correct. The players are asked to select the answer they believed to be correct; if they are unsure, however, they are permitted to cover up to all four answers with their chips, to ensure that they have a chip on the right answer when revealed. Once satisfied they had done so, each player will confirm their answer. If a player runs out of all of their chips, they are out of the game. Players have 48 hours to answer a question and if they do not in this time, they will be eliminated, however, each player also has two accelerators which allows them to rush an opponent for an answer, giving them just 24 hours to answer. Players keep chips placed on correct answers. Each chip placed on a wrong answer is eliminated and adds £1,000 to the jackpot, which begins at £100,000.

When a player wins a duel, they will pick from three other contestants of who they want to face. If they win two duels, they will have a chance to leave the game with 10% of the jackpot. If that is not taken and the player survives three duels, you can leave the game with 20% of the jackpot. If that is not taken and the player survives 4 duels, you can play for the jackpot.

All questions will be answered in PMs please and you will post in thread when you have sent me the answer. If you are using an accelerator, this must also be posted in thread. If I find that anyone cheats (by searching for answers on the internet, in books etc), they will be banned from the game. There is no limit on the number of sign-ups but they will be closed after a few days. The winner will be the person with the biggest amount of money after the game is over.

I think I have all the rules down there, if you are unclear of anything, please do ask. Now go forth, and get duelling!

Flag Post

Players

Drovoxx
gaminguru
puzzledan
Woon1957
FabulaUltima
S_98
Mysterymason
Hyped
coolo2011
dragonrider1234
Firespread
Kidudeman
racefan12
stone667
tttttt
benbo12
tracymirkin123
MaistlinRajere
HappyYay
LouWeed
Lixes
hiperson134
gio500
bjjdude
Aedan210
Metepod
TailsChao99
gamelover13
Taiboss
Ocelot
myhome16
Pokarnor
fartwall
ty38
LucasBurgel
wiiwonder
TwistedCakez

Flag Post

Results

Duel 1: racefan12 (4 chips) beat dragonrider1234 (0 chips)
Duel 2: racefan12 (7 chips) beat Hyped (0 chips)
Lixes resigned
Duel 3: racefan12 (4 chips) beat gaminguru (0 chips)
Duel 4: racefan12 (0 chips) and Kidudeman (0 chips); both lost
Duel 5: HappyYay (8 chips) beat Mysterymason (0 chips)
Duel 6: HappyYay (3 chips) beat coolo2011 (0 chips)
Duel 7: HappyYay (9 chips) beat stone667 (0 chips)
benbo12 didn’t post

Flag Post

bleh

Flag Post

Sign!

Flag Post

okay, I’ll do it.

Flag Post

Sign i think i watched the show it was a great didn’t last i don’t think it only had one series in the UK
Edit i think i mean damn my grammar

Flag Post
Originally posted by Drovoxx:

Sign!

Flag Post

The answer to #1 is…

Excrement.

Flag Post

Signed.

Flag Post

Sign!
And do we pick our partners? Don’t give me Drovoxx!

Flag Post

Sign.

Flag Post
Originally posted by S_98:

Sign!
And do we pick our partners? Don’t give me Drovoxx!

!

:(

Flag Post

Guess I’ll sign.

Flag Post

Sign.

Flag Post

Nope, I’ll be randomly selecting the first two players.

Flag Post

Sign.

Flag Post

Sign.
Couldn’t people just Google stuff, though?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Firespread:

Sign.
Couldn’t people just Google stuff, though?

In theory, but if I find that anyone cheats, they will be banned from the game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mysterymason:

Sign.

Also, update the rules that searching for the answer on the web/in a book isn’t allowed, some trivia games allow it.

Flag Post

Sign.

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

Sign.

Flag Post

That rush bonus is unfair. Make it 24 hours!

Flag Post

sign

Flag Post

sign