[Signup and OOC] The Void between worlds.(Signups never close! So come and join! Please?) (locked)

51 posts

Flag Post

Great…now I have to make my character…
Name: Gregory (Last name is unknown)
Appearance: Gregory has the build of any average male, with long blonde hair. His eyes shine a deep red, with the usual swirl of different color whenever his power is used. His skin is as pale as a white sheet except for a red mark on the left side of his neck. He usually wears tight fitting clothing of various colors, depending on his mood.
Personality: Shy and almost kidlike, Gregory keeps himself hidden from people he hasn’t met before. A kind person can usually coax him out of hiding, while a angry person would probably make him cry and whimper. Gregory would most likely like to avoid fights (Bah! Like I care!) and will even run away if one occurs (Coward!). If stuck fighting though, he will fight as if possesed by an animal, using tooth and nail to cut down foes. His intelligence is close to that of a child, as he knows next to nothing of the world he is in.
Skills:
Hiding- Gregory has learned to keep himself out of sight, and few with normal senses can find him.
Abilities:
Copy (Low power version): Gregory is able to copy the abilities of others, but can only use one power at a time.
Background: Gregory is a man-made creation, made by the remedials. They made him to see if it was possible to use the energy of the void to create life, obviously they suceeded and decided to keep this process to themselves. Gregory was raised a few years by the remedials, but was soon thrown out when he was unable to do anything special. So at the young age of 7 Gregory was left homeless, forced to hide and steal for a living. Recently he was caught for stealing, and his punishment was to fight in the coliseum for 3 days, each day a deadlier fight than the last.
World: The void itself.

Flag Post

[This is hard to read. Can you break it up a bit?]

Flag Post

EDIT: On the weekends I am unable to get on a computer much, so on those days I will probably make Gregory get stuck in some situation just to give myself an excuse not to post much. Another solution I can think of is giving temporary control of gregory to someone else. That is all

Flag Post

This appears interesting. I’ll see if I can muster the inspiration to write up a character.

Flag Post
Originally posted by doombringer2000:

Is that better? Just remember that its my first forum Rp…so at least be merciful if you decide to shoot it down.

[That’s a bit better. I read it before you fixed it anyway. But why would I shoot it down? It’s actually more interesting than some veterans’ games.]

[I’ve also never played the legendary AC/TWA/TR, so your game is going to acquire something that that game series doesn’t have. Now, I just need to work out a power set…]

[Electromaster, Metalkinesis and Gravitation are good, I think, but I’ll have to study the physics I intend to use more, so I can be certain I can use them.]

Flag Post

I think I’ll start up the game thread when I have at least five or six people…hopefully I can keep the interest in this up.

Flag Post

Well, might as well write up a character. (Also I’m back, forum games. Don’t expect to see me much.)

Name: Laima Nirge
Appearance: Laima is a race known as a shardmind. Essentially, she is a crystalline construct that vaguely resembles a human. She is made up of primarily purple crystals, but her outer shell is primarily composed of green crystals. Her ‘eyes’ are formed of yellow crystals. She is 5’7’’ and weighs really heavy.(No, seriously. It’s not worth finding a weight.)
Personality: She has a very varied personality, and may be violent at one time and quite and calm at another. It’s hard to predict what mood she’ll be in at any time.
Skills:
Construct- Although not technically a skill, Laima is a construct(Made of crystals.). Thus, she does not need to eat, drink, or breath. Additionally, bludgeons deal more damage to her than to most things. Slashing weapons are less effective.
Abilities:
Flare- Laima can form a flare-like flame from her hand and shoot it upwards. It produces no heat and can deal damage to nothing.
Flame bolt- Laima can fire a small thing of fire out to objects withing 25 feet of her. The fire is not very damaging, but is relatively painful.
Burning Grasp- Laima is capable of heating her fingertips up enough to set objects like paper or wood on fire.
Background: Laima was created in the mountains of the Blackened earth. She was created to defend the person she was created by, and was trained in using fire to do so. After he died, she had no idea what to do. Thus, she started wandering around.
World: As stated, the void.

(EDIT Changed some things around. Such as the entire thing.)

Flag Post

Didnt see this arena, but I would rather make my own like usual. Interesting idea, though.

Flag Post

Its…not an arena game…oh well.
Least (some) people are starting to sign up! Hopefully this continues a little more…I hope…
Anyways an update about the void

There are three special sects of magic in the void, each dealing with a part of human existence.
Remedials: These people dwell on the strength of the living, basing many of their spells on healing and defense. They believe that the life we have is all we get, and hate the reapers for believing otherwise (Dear god they’re atheists!)

Reapers: This sect dwells on the strength of souls, having many odd spells that seem to affect the spirit of things. They believe in basicly the same heaven and hell method that we do, but they think that souls are trapped on earth until a reaper helps them along. (Or when their body is revived by a remedial) They have no grudge against remedials or Corpse doctors, but nevertheless they are usually forced into fights against one or the other.

Corpse doctors: This sect is basically the voids version of necromancers, so its obvious what kind of spells they have. They believe that when someone dies, their body becomes a prison for the soul. So whenever they encounter a dead corpse, they give it the ability to move again, believing this is reducing the souls torturous existence.

Flag Post

Generally you put a Reserved for lock at the beginning of a thread so that when you lock it, nothing of value is lost. Other than that, it seems fine. Oh, and you might want some more experience before making your own game. People tend not to sign for games by people with less than 500 posts. Just a heads up. Oh, and I have noticed that when you make an in character post, you don’t do anything to differentiate it from normal posts. You should put the character’s name in bold or italics to differentiat IC and OOC.

Flag Post

Its…not an arena game…oh well.
Least (some) people are starting to sign up! Hopefully this continues a little more…I hope…
Anyways an update about the void

There are three special sects of magic in the void, each dealing with a part of human existence.
Remedials: These people dwell on the strength of the living, basing many of their spells on healing and defense. They believe that the life we have is all we get, and hate the reapers for believing otherwise (Dear god they’re atheists!)

Reapers: This sect dwells on the strength of souls, having many odd spells that seem to affect the spirit of things. They believe in basicly the same heaven and hell method that we do, but they think that souls are trapped on earth until a reaper helps them along. (Or when their body is revived by a remedial) They have no grudge against remedials or Corpse doctors, but nevertheless they are usually forced into fights against one or the other.

Corpse doctors: This sect is basically the voids version of necromancers, so its obvious what kind of spells they have. They believe that when someone dies, their body becomes a prison for the soul. So whenever they encounter a dead corpse, they give it the ability to move again, believing this is reducing the souls torturous existence.

Ooh. Could one of our characters be a Corpse Doctor?

Flag Post

Alright, I am not used to forum-based rps, but I am willing to give this a shot. With my friends of Doom and Yiu in it, I am optimistic.

Name: Emberaknos Drakra Flarerer Greth Shatterclaw, more commonly just called “Ember”

Appearance: Ember’s magical focus is in transfiguration, so he can alter his own appearance when necessary, but he most commonly takes on his natural dragon form. As a dragon, he is covered in emerald-green scales. Unlike most dragons, he is more comfortable walking on his hind legs rather than all fours, giving him a more impressive looking height of 20 feet tall, rather than 10 feet tall on all fours. As far as stature goes, his front “legs” are able to work properly as arms, with clawed hands, while his back legs are more muscular for support. He has a long, thick tail for balance, preventing him from falling over forwards, with a spadelike point on the end to help stability in flight. Also to help with flight, he has a large pair of wings that can fold up against his back when not in use.

Personality: If nothing else, Ember is curious, almost to a fault. While he is cautious when it comes to his use of magic, never pushing himself beyond safe limitations, he tries learning as much as he can in everything else. As a hatchling, that led him to getting stuck or lost a few times, but he has become more powerful since then. He also tries to stay calm at all times, and even when he does fight, he tries not to kill his opponents when other outcomes are possible.

Skills: As a dragon, Ember has the natural skills of fire-breathing, flying, and close-range combat. Also, helping with his search for knowledge, he has a photographic memory.

Abilities: Ember places a strong magical focus onto transfiguration, making himself able to alter his own appearance or another’s appearance. However, the more extreme the change, the more draining it is for him and the shorter he can sustain the flow of energy when the change is temporary.

Background: Somewhat covered in the other sections, Ember grew up curious about the rest of the world and the nature of magic. He studies what he can, traveling the world and learning from other dragons that he meets so he isn’t forced to divide his own magical focus and make such discoveries himself. His own focus is in transfiguration, as he is curious about how creatures other than dragons live, though he prefers his more powerful dragon form over that of a humanoid.

World: Medieval Earth

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dragonalx:

Alright, I am not used to forum-based rps, but I am willing to give this a shot. With my friends of Doom and Yiu in it, I am optimistic.

Name: Emberaknos Drakra Flarerer Greth Shatterclaw, more commonly just called “Ember”

Appearance: Ember’s magical focus is in transfiguration, so he can alter his own appearance when necessary, but he most commonly takes on his natural dragon form. As a dragon, he is covered in emerald-green scales. Unlike most dragons, he is more comfortable walking on his hind legs rather than all fours, giving him a more impressive looking height of 20 feet tall, rather than 10 feet tall on all fours. As far as stature goes, his front “legs” are able to work properly as arms, with clawed hands, while his back legs are more muscular for support. He has a long, thick tail for balance, preventing him from falling over forwards, with a spadelike point on the end to help stability in flight. Also to help with flight, he has a large pair of wings that can fold up against his back when not in use.

Personality: If nothing else, Ember is curious, almost to a fault. While he is cautious when it comes to his use of magic, never pushing himself beyond safe limitations, he tries learning as much as he can in everything else. As a hatchling, that led him to getting stuck or lost a few times, but he has become more powerful since then. He also tries to stay calm at all times, and even when he does fight, he tries not to kill his opponents when other outcomes are possible.

Skills: As a dragon, Ember has the natural skills of fire-breathing, flying, and close-range combat. Also, helping with his search for knowledge, he has a photographic memory.

Abilities: Ember places a strong magical focus onto transfiguration, making himself able to alter his own appearance or another’s appearance. However, the more extreme the change, the more draining it is for him and the shorter he can sustain the flow of energy.

Background: Somewhat covered in the other sections, Ember grew up curious about the rest of the world and the nature of magic. He studies what he can, traveling the world and learning from other dragons that he meets so he isn’t forced to divide his own magical focus and make such discoveries himself. His own focus is in transfiguration, as he is curious about how creatures other than dragons live, though he prefers his more powerful dragon form over that of a humanoid.

World: Medieval Earth

Oh yeah, now it’s a party!

/Ijoke

Flag Post

Name: Bella Thorne
Appearance: Around five foot six with a slender build and weak upper body strength. Her legs look like sticks but boy, can she kick. She has red hair (she is Irish, which makes her awesome). She has blue eyes and wears school outfits. She has a fox-like face and she has a tail that she hides. She is a kitsune. She has fox ears and cat reflexes. Yes, foxes are CATS, not dogs. Bella acts like a feline sometimes as well. She tries to fold up her tail or wear long skirts to help her hide it. She doesn’t bother to hide her ears though.
Personality: Bella is very trusting and unworldly kind. She is quite thankful and cheery. She is so positive she could be a cheerleader, but (thank goodness) she doesn’t talk like a volley girl.
Skills:
Photographic Memory – Bella was born with a great memory and fantastic learning skills. She keeps notes on lots of things.
Musical Genius – Bella can play any and every instrument you ask. She is especially talented in the harp, harmonica, and the clarinet. With her photographic memory, she does very well with memorizing musical pieces.
Abilities:
Minor healing: Bella can heal minor wounds quickly, and larger wounds slowly. Bella practices on trees, other plants, and small creatures like frogs.
Minor defense sphere: Bella can summon a shield that defends against most/all elements, but won’t hold for a long time.
Background: Bella refuses to talk about it, but what is known, is that she ran away from wherever she was living and hid in the streets for most of her poor life. She used to steal from the rich and give some to the poor. She was alone herself. She slept in trees and harvested nuts and berries. She watched others fight. She trained her skills, wanting to be able to wrestle like some others.
World: Arcanes Forest

Flag Post

Yay I have more people now! Oh and you can have a character be a corpse doctor, but you’ll just basically be a necromancer rip off…Now I guess I’ll put up the list of who is in this so far. (Note to self, kill all volley girls)
1) Gregory (Doombringer2000)
2) Laima Nirge (yiu113)
3) Emberaknos drakra fla…ah frick it! Ember (Dragonalx)
4) Gaunt shrieker (Helltank)
5) Bella Thorne (Anime_Shadow)
6) James Black (Mastercheif987)
7) Jacques (Nimbuscloud)
8) Reserved for whoever

Flag Post

Oh and you can have a character be a corpse doctor, but you’ll just basically be a necromancer rip off…

I intend to make Erik a very interesting character; don’t worry about that. :P

Flag Post

Name:Gaunt Shrieker, the Horrible Reflection

Appearance:Gaunt Shrieker appears as an otherworldly mist with a twisted face that defies the laws of physics. His true form is unknown; everyone who catches even a glimpse of it will feel the collected pain and agony of the world, and all have either been put out of their misery or have committed suicide. Generally, the pain prevents them from doing anything but scream. Gaunt Shrieker can also generate a ghastly, ghostly body for himself when fighting. The body looks as if it is made out of metal plates and is gigantic, but less mobile than his mist form.

Personality:Gaunt Shrieker is reclusive, hiding in dark corners. He enjoys testing his skills in arena fights, shunning the primal dog-eats-dog world of the Blackened Earth. He is ruthless and physically cannot feel any emotions, often making choices that are morally repulsive to humans but are objectively the best choice.

Skills:

Godspeed-Gaunt Shrieker’s mist form can travel at speeds of up to 500 km/h, and can also go through most solid objects(magical objects, precious stones and organic beings are the exceptions).

Fade-Gaunt Shrieker can, by expending a significant amount of energy, turn invisible for up to a minute.

Horrible Reflection-Gaunt Shrieker’s reflection(in a mirror or other reflective surfaces) is his true form, and is thus effectively lethal to anyone who sees it. Because of this, reflective surfaces are usually covered up during arena fights with him participating, spectating or with him within a hundred meters of the arena.

Dark Magic-Gaunt Shrieker’s fighter form can, in addition to obvious physical attributes of being large, cast dark spells. His fighter form can control shadows, create walls of darkness and so on. His fighter form’s dark magic is rather weak, so he usually relies on his incredible mobility and extra strength(in fighter form).

Background:Gaunt Shrieker is a Despair, a race of immaterial creatures just like him. Each Despair’s true form is unique. Sometimes their true form is revealed by splashing water on them, or by coating them with lava, or by looking at them through a telescope. For Gaunt Shrieker, his true form was revealed by looking at his reflection. After killing another of his kind, he was punished by being exiled to the Void.

World:The Void. He lived in the Blackened Earth for a time, but got tired of all the mindless killing.

[For all intents and purposes, Gaunt Shrieker is a mixture between Reaper and Corpse Doctor. The magic that powers him is mostly Reaper stuff(Godspeed and all that), but the Dark Magic and the fighter form are gotten from Corpse Doctor.]

Flag Post

Helltank’s in…just don’t kill anyone…

Flag Post

Ahem

I need to make this joke

FEEL THE VOID

Flag Post

I finished my sign….

Fyi: Volley Girls are girls who speak like this: “Like, totally. Josh, totally, like, totally, said, like, yes to, like, my, totally, like, question.”

(I guess I’m a Remedial.)

Flag Post

Name:James Black
Appearance:To the normal person James would look like a feeble old man. For his strength, which isn’t extreme, he is quite small, almost appearing starved. He has a small beard and short hair, all of which is white, and one of his eyes is blue while the other is gray. 5’4", 84 pounds.
Personality:I would prefer, if you don’t mind, to not fill this in. I would hate to give him a happy personality for example, and then end up making him sad and secretive for whatever reason.
Skills:
Experience:With age comes experience. James has just that. He has heightened senses, faster reflexes, and is much more calm in stressful situations.
Abilities:
Soulrend:James developed a powerful spell based on the reaper skill of targeting the spirit. The attack takes it’s toll on James, but is quite devastating. It ignores armor, attacking the target at the soul, causing a large ammount of damage, but the main force is the extreme pain caused by it. Not only does it hurt them physicly though, it also attacks their mind. Targets can expect to take a hit to their sanity. If the victim survives, they are not in very good fighting condition, unless the quickly recover from the pain.
Backround:I’d rather not
World:Renaissance Earth.

Flag Post

Okay everyone, we need a few people who AREN’T FROM THE GOSH DARN VOID! I mean seriously…only ember is from a different world and he isn’t even human! (No offense meant)
Oh and if your from a different world than the void, put how you entered the void into the background…I really don’t want to learn where Gaunt shriekers true homeworld is.

Also Mastercheif and Anime_shadow, put a bit more work into your backgrounds. I don’t need your entire life story, just a bit of your characters lives.

Flag Post

Oh, I chose the Void because I thought that was where we were currently at, not where we are from. I changed that.

Flag Post

Okay everyone, we need a few people who AREN’T FROM THE GOSH DARN VOID! I mean seriously…only ember is from a different world and he isn’t even human! (No offense meant)

In my person’s defense, she was born there and had a natural magical affinity there.

Wait, we can have people of other races? Shit! I need to change my character a bit, then. Everything will remain the same, just some things will be different.

Flag Post

Name: Jacques Greene
Appearance: About 6’ 10", darting hazel eyes, short curly black hair, lean. He always keeps his fists clenched or his weapons in his hands.
Personality: Untrusting, jittery, vigilant, but loyal to the few people he trusts and brave.
Skills:
Dual Wield: Jacq is especially good at fighting with two weapons at once.
Abilities:
Inhuman Agility: Jacq is extremely fast. Like, twelve places at the same time fast. even when I stopped time, he still looked like a blur
Assault and Pepper: Jacq can ignite his weapons and make an attack with increased strength.

Background: Jacq was born into hard times. His world was destroyed by civil war, and his mother died at birth. He was sent to an orphanage, but ran away, and lived in the sewers of a burned-out city for years, practicing his abilities and generally training to fight. The war finally ended when he was 17, and he set out to walk the streets again. Unfortunately, his luck went down the drain, and he suffered a series of unfortunate mishaps before becoming so desperate that he willingly set into a strange portal he had discovered in his old training ground. It led to the Void.
World: Laires, a colony of Future Earth