[GAME] The void between worlds (locked)

80 posts

Flag Post

Gregory

Gregory glumly looks around his cell, the darkened yellow of the bricks scratched at by previous occupants. Just yesterday Gregory was free, well homeless but still free. Today, well he’s about to be sent out to what very well could be his death. ‘This is what I get for stealing everyday…’ ,Gregory thinks to himself, quickly looking back at how yesterday went.

Yesterday Gregory was doing his usual routine, stealing enough food to last through the day. Normally he would go to the few kind people who took pity on him, but Gregory felt that he already took to much from the already poor families. So here he is in the marketplace, carrying a knapsack to carry whatever ill-gotten goods he takes in. His first target was a merchant selling sweet breads, one of gregorys favorite snacks. All he really did was sneak up, making sure no one was watching or listening, and swipe two or three rolls and put them in his knapsack. His next (and probably last…) target was a rich merchant selling expensive jewelry, the reason for targetting this was to finally end Gregory’s life of homelessness. (Its obvious how THAT ended, eh?) He snuck up as usual, but maybe he stepped wrong or bumped into something, someone turned his head right as Gregory swiped one of the larger jewels.
The usual chase happened, with Gregory being caught by the gaurd (Basically this worlds police force) and sent to the conclave (Political place, usually punishments are dished out here). Here he was convicted of theft, and his punishment was a simple one. He simply had to pay back the price of the jewel, by fighting in the arena. Turns out that the jewel was pricy enough to be worth three days worth of battle in the arena.
So, today Gregory is assuming his death is near. Soon a gaurd will enter and tell Gregory to come with him, the place the gaurd will lead him to being the arena. Then Gregory will die a painfull, brutal death at the hands of one of the more brutish gladiators. “Why me…” ,he says with a voice of regret and fear…

Flag Post

Jaqcues
You race across rooftops, dancing through the metropolis’s canopy as elegantly as a ballet dancer. Flocks of birds exploding into the air announce your presence as you pass them. I am but a leaf on the wind, you think. As you speed over a familiar part of the city, you see some kind of crystal creature. The shock is enough to cause you to trip over a vent. At the speed in which you are traveling, you end up doing several uncontrolled flips, finally curling into a ball and rolling to a stop on the next building. Surely your loud landing startled someone (hint hint), but you don’t really care. You grab your wicked daggers from their concealed pouch, and use them to climb down like ice picks. The cuts sting a little, but it doesn’t matter. Finally dropping down, you replace your daggers and flip your hood up. Everyone keeps their heads down on the streets, if they’re smart. Unfortunately, you’re not.

Flag Post

Algia

I stared blankly at the musty cell walls around me. How did I even end up here…? I remembered nothing of yesterday’s events, other than the ending, which involved being arrested, and being sentenced to the arena for one day. I had never been to the arena before, and thus had no idea what it would involve. All I knew is that there was a chance of dying. I wasn’t worried about that.

It was a month since my creator had died. Since that event, I’ve been exploring. Must admit though, while this might not be the usual way of exploring, it works. Not many others get an easy opportunity to explore the legal systems of places they have not been to before, first hand. That’s pretty much the only positive I can find of this situation here. Perhaps I’m missing another. Maybe.

(EDIT: I refuse to change what took me balding to write.)
(EDITEDIT: I noticed that we have one person typing in 3rd person, one in 2nd, and one in 1st. Amazing.)

Flag Post

I suddenly notice something through the window in my cells door, the thing appearing to be…crystal? However, knowing someone else has to share this fate cheers me up enough to feel like conversation. So with a voice dried from a lack of water I speak, “Um…Hello, What did you do to get stuck here?” Before the other thing can respond, I suddenly realize that this person has committed a CRIME to get here. So I quickly decide to leave the conversation with only that tidbit, and if the person sounds nice enough I may continue it. Then again, he or she might not be able to speak.
(Response to Yiu’s EDIT: Soon we’ll have someone writing in fourth person! Wait thats not even possible…yet!)

Flag Post

I look at Gregory after he talked. “Hello. I, unfortunately, can not remember what I did to get in here. My immediate guess would be theft, however, for all I know, my kind may not be accepted here and we’re arrested for fun. What could you tell me about the arena? I’m relatively new here.” I speak without opening my mouth, as I always have.

(Typed on a smartphone, for extra made of win.)

Flag Post

(Wait, so where is everyone? Are we all in cells?)

Flag Post

Gregory
I let out a sigh of relief at the (Thing?) persons statement. “Well…the arena is where strong people go to fight to get money. Most likely you have stolen something worth alot of money, and now have to fight to pay for it…Also, the conclave would never arrest someone for fun, they’re the good guys! Thing is…I guess I must be one of the bad guys in this situation…whats your name?” ,I take a deep breath after letting loose this flurry of words, thankful that I have someone to talk to in this place. “Oh, and I’m here for theft. I don’t think I’ll last though…those strong people could make cakes out of me…” , I let out a little laugh to myself, a mental image of myself being kneed into dough for cake fresh in my mind.
(Not everyone Anime, only me and Yiu. You could most likely be out in the world somewhere else. Or you could be in Al’Kiem to watch the next fight…)

Flag Post

Jaqcues
Without warning, you enter the prison. “Hey bro,” you call out to a worn-out looking man in one cell as you pass. He waves back. A few of them snarl at you, and one shouts “Dodge this!” as you walk past, attempting to choke you. “Easily,” you scoff and propel yourself off the bars of his cell. You stride up to a pair who are talking, turn to the man’s left and swing into the formerly empty cell next to him. As the door shuts, the lock clicks. That’s no problem. “You new?” I ask him. “I’ve not seen you about before,” You grab the poster lying on the cot and place it back on the hole in the roof.

Flag Post

Gregory
When the man spoke to me, I just felt scared of him…Scared like all the other times I met someone who was less than friendly. However, He’s another person to talk to, and behind bars at that! So I decide to respond to him, “No…I was caught today getting my…” ,I quickly let out a small cough. “My supplies for the next few days…” That’s all I’m thinking of saying to him, only because of the feeling I get from him…

Flag Post

“My name is Laima. I’m glad I have someone to interact with; My creator died about a month ago. What’s your name? Also, if the arena allows more than one person to be fought at a time, and I go up with you, just use me as a shield. I don’t like seeing people who are relatively kind to me hurt.” She smiles in a way, the crystals on her face more of press inwards to form a smile.

Flag Post

Bella Thorne

I watched in the Arcanes Forest as multiple bandits ran past me. I nibbled on my fruit, entertained. Two people pursuing them stopped and looked at me. I pointed in the direction of the bandits and the two pursuers rushed forward. I sighed and walked back into my treehouse. Perhaps I’d go fishing. I heard some ruckus and saw the two pursuers fighting the bandits, who had appearantly ran back this way. They fought at the bottom of my tree. I grabbed a handful of nuts and threw them at the bandits, bored. After a while the bandits ceased and the pursuers thanked me, pocketing the loot. “Want something?” One of them asked.

I shook my head no. The man threw up a small bag full of gems or money, I couldn’t tell. “Thanks,” I said lamely. They ran back the way they had came and I tried counting the leaves in my tree.

Flag Post

Gregory
I quickly turn back to Laima and let out a smile at what she said. “I think they’ll just get lazy and put us both in anyways. Oh, my name is Gregory…Creator? You’re also created by someone else?” ,right as that information slipped out of my mouth, I comically covered it with both hands. ‘Stupid Stupid STUPID!’ ,I yell at myself in my mind. “You weren’t supposed to hear that…” ‘Stupid Gregory…the remedials said you weren’t supposed to say anything about that…Well…It’s a bit late now…’

Flag Post

(Alright, my apologies for taking so long to notice that this forum game has begun, for I am not exactly active in this section of the forums. I am not likely to post often, though I will try. Doom, go ahead and remind me whenever I should post, as I am more likely to notice messages there.)

Dragons are certainly strange creatures, unlike humanoid creatures in almost every possible way. However, while most are content to leave dragons in peace, humans tend to try interacting with them. These interactions span across all extremes, from some human civilizations worshiping dragons to others killing them, or at least trying to. This particular dragon, commonly called Ember, has recently had the poor luck to encounter such a violent group of humans. Most of the time, he would simply fly out of range of their weapons and rest once too far away for them to follow. These humans, rather than fighting with standard weaponry, had a group of spellcasters under their command. As far as pure power goes, Ember was stronger, but he was forced to divide his focus against various magical attacks. And then, due to an invisible rift that pure chance placed underneath him, the flow of energy tore a portal open. A pressure difference sucked that dragon through, despite his futile struggling, and the portal closed behind him.

Hours later, somewhere in the Void, Ember groans and opens his eyes. He feels that he has all of his magical strength, aside for what was lost in the fight earlier, but the land itself contains such a different energy than on Earth that he gets completely disoriented and stops trying to sense the presence of other magical beings, relying on his eyesight instead.

Flag Post

James
Dang it! They weren’t supposed to find the body. More importantly, he wasn’t supposed to die! I was just experimenting with my power and he killed himself. It probably wasn’t good judgment to leave the knife on the table by him. Now the authorities found the bones and are trying to arrest me. They won’t take me though. I know what they will do. They will kill me. I jump from rooftop to rooftop, which is easy enough as all the buildings are conected. Eventually the buildings end. I lean to the side, dodging an arrow aimed at my head. I jumped off into a conveinient pile of hay that breaks my fall. I jump out of the pile and continue to run. I stop and walk into an alleyway to avoid being found. Unfortunately, one of the guards appears to have half a brain. Shame. I had no choice. I have no weapons besides my walking cane I don’t need, he has a blade. My only armor is some robes, he has some shiney armor. Soulrend, the thing that got me into this mess, was my only way out. As I send the magic at them, I sense somthing is wrong. A portal opens (Thanks for the inspiation on that Drag) which sucks me in. “Ahh hell.” I say as I get sucked in. Where it leads, hell if I know.

Flag Post

Laima
I make a look of confusion on my face. "You seem to be an organic creature, how is that you were created, rather than born? For a construct, it is easy. Constructs such as myself are masses of lifeless material given life by most likely magic. I for example started out as a large pile of crystals, and most of the pile had some sort of magic put into it, and later I, or the crystals, perhaps, massed themselves together into a coherent shape, similar to one of your kind, like the one you see me as now.

“Yet you seem to be an organic being. Interesting how things work, in this world. In many other worlds, it may be impossible for you to find any inorganic beings or organic beings that were created, rather than born. Unless, of course, created is a euphemism for being born, in which case, I am simple rambling on and on…”

(EDIT: Why is it that it keeps killing my first paragraph?)

Flag Post

Gaunt Shrieker
I stand ready, towering over the so-called Phoenix Flame, a stylish name the warrior in front of me had chosen for himself.

He was playing defensive, using his light magic to dispel my weak dark magic, and redirecting and glancing away any attacks I cared to throw at him. I tried crushing him under my foot, but he convinced me not to try it again with a burst of holy light that forced me to expend a considerable amount of energy just to avoid my entire leg being taken off.

Throughout the battle, he had been gathering power for his famous “Dragon Charge”, in which he charges at and blasts his opponent with so much power nothing, not even ashes, remain, similar to the way a dragon’s fire leaves nothing behind.

He was seconds away from this Dragon Charge now, and I waited patiently.

Then it begun, and he dashed towards me, keeping his guard up, keeping his momentum up. I grinned, because I knew he had not heard of Despairs, and he had not heard of me, and he did not know what I could do. In the split second between him raising his sword and the actual blast itself, I had turned to mist and moved so fast it looked like I was teleporting.

The Dragon Charge missed me by a mile; by now I was behind him, my Godspeed allowing me to flash fast enough to avoid his final attack, and he was kneeling on the ground, spent completely. Dark tendrils snuck up behind, striking at certain points of his spine and neck.

He collapsed, paralyzed from the neck down and unable to stop the constriction of his throat. As he went blue, a guard hurried up and waved the sack of gold coins. I turned into fighter form to collect it, then turned back into mist, knowing that the sack was now inside of me, and I was able to regurgitate it whenever I wanted to.

The crowd cheered. They always enjoyed watching me fight, especially when I killed my opponent in a particularly brutal way. The skies had practically split apart from the pure sonic power of thousands of citizens when I had forced the unpopular Demon Arrow to eat his entire large intestine.

Flag Post

Gregory
I wasn’t supposed to say that…I was supposed to keep that a secret. Did I blurt it out because of the situation? No, maybe because I’m to nice…Well…whats done is done…

I begin to open my mouth to say something, anything, but my voice is blocked out by the cheering of a large crowd (Why did the Jail have to be so close to the arena!?! Wait I made this world, why am I complaining?). Once the cheering stops, I decide not to speak up again, as the next fight will begin soon. That next fight, MY next fight, will probably be against someone lower on the charts.(A sort of Coliseum ranking…Gaunt Shrieker is pretty high up there BTW) While I should feel glad that I’m not fighting anyone like Gaunt shrieker, I’m still going into a deadly brawl. A deadly brawl that took most of today to prepare…

One of the armed guards walks in front of my cell, exactly like he would in my imagination. I even guessed the words that would come out of his mouth, those few words symbolising death and suffering. To my amazement, he said something else, “Now everyone, this match will be a special one and I need up to three people to volunteer” He stressed the word volunteer as if it wasn’t anyones exact choice. Anyways, I raised up my hand with a rush of despair chilling my spine. “Ah good! Now anyone else…?” ,he said in a slightly annoying voice, as if he imagined he was the manager himself.
[Anyone stuck in Jail, you can either raise your hands or ask to see the fight. Then again you could simply wait in jail, with the occasional insult thrown at you]

Flag Post

Laima

I raise my hand, as I mentioned I would fight with him if given the choice to. Whether or not this will get me killed, I have no idea. I just hope it doesn’t. “Sure, why not? I’m dying to try. Not literally. Please do not take that literally. I don’t like using idioms, so don’t take it wrong, as I don’t use them often.”

Flag Post

Jaqcues
You raise your hand as well. New Guy and Crystal Bitch don’t stand a chance. You’re pretty high up there, almost to that Gaunt guy’s level. That’s where they all go down. Even you doubt your chances. You briefly wonder if they’ll even allow you in considering how much higher you must be. “I don’t do trash talk, neither should you, let’s do this,” you tell them.

Flag Post

(Aw, all of us except Ember and Nimbus are talking in first person. Only Nimbus is taking the daring stride to use second-person, possibly in an attempt to inspire us all to greatness.

Or I might just be confused. Moving on.)

Flag Post

Gregory
Nice to see these people doing this just to help me out, but…do I really deserve any help? No matter, I have to focus. This match sounds dangerous, almost as if….No they wouldn’t put us through that…

“Ah! Looks like we have our volunteers!” , The guard then proceeds to unlock Laima, Gregory, and Jaqcues’ cells. “Now for fair warning, your all going up against the number seven ranking fighter: Rustgear.” (Basically a golem…but not the slow and dumb kind…Gulp) , after opening the cell doors he takes us to the arena.

R…rustgear..? Why would we be going up against someone so strong!?! Even worse, I never even saw him fight before! This…this really is going to be where I die…

Before Gregory can realize it, the group of three has been shoved into the arena rather rudely. On the far side of the arena, a fairly humanlike figure can be seen. The only things of interest being his lack of clothing (Or anything that would embarress someone) and the orange color of its skin. Gregory quickly turns to the others, “So…anyone else know how Rustgear fights…because I think you should share some information with the rest…”

Flag Post

Bella Thorne
I relaxed in my tree, nothing better to do. I juggled the bag of money/gems, wondering if I should open it or not. I kept whistling as the wind blew at me, daring me to do something. But what did it want me to do?

I sighed as I laid on the branch. I heard giggling far off and some magic. I let my arm hang off of the branch, allowing it to swing freely. “What should I do?”

(Is there an arena I can go to in my world/teleport to the void?)

Flag Post

Jaques

“No fucking clue, Buster. I thought I’d be fighting the two of you. But, you know, shit happens,” you draw your daggers and prepare to initate plan A: scratch at him with your daggers while speeding around him, preventing any chance of counterattack. “Now, unless Miss Pointy over there has something to take him down, I’m gonna fuck his shit up,” I tell them. "Any objections? Newbie? Miss Pointy?

Flag Post

Gregory
Despite the mans mean behavior, Gregory simply steps out of his way. “Go ahead, but stop using those kinds of names!” ,Gregory says quite annoyed. Then, he notices some odd change in the figures appearance…something…sharp.

Rustgear
Targets, thats all they were. Scanning their body structure already revealed enough to win this battle. The one with a body built more for speed should be first, followed by the construct, and ending with…with empty space of data. That last one could make or break this fight, so maybe I should target him.

Rustgear activates his shifting protocols, to turn his hand into a longsword sized blade. Next he points the tip of the sword, activating several programs regarding his arm. After finishing this, the longsword shoots out at alarming speed…right at Gregory.

(“Doom, why are you aiming for me?” Because I’m evil, cruel, and love to hurt my characters every now and then)

Flag Post

(Answer my question? :3)