'Forum Games' Forum Guidelines (locked)

122 posts

Flag Post

Original sticky can be found here

Official Guidelines

‘After much consideration, Kongregate gives you the Forum Games Forums! Here is where you can make, participate in, and most of all—enjoy the wonders of Forum Games. While this was previously reserved to Off-Topic, forum games have become fairly popular and have now been given the honor of their own forum’. -Gevock

Note: These guidelines are supported and enforced by the moderators, not the community; though community response is often a good sign of when you may be missing something. Community feedback plays a big part in putting these together. If it’s not listed here, it’s probably not a rule. If you have suggestions, ask the regulars and/or speak to a mod.

Flag Post

Guidelines at a Glance:

1. Follow the conduct guidelines

2. Don’t derail games

3. Follow the games rules, don’t be a jerk

4. Inappropriate games will be closed

5. Rating games/“… The Above Poster” games are not allowed

6. Don’t bump

7. Limit your threads – two per game

8. Close your old games

9. Respect other players and the topic starter

10. Respect the regulars

11. Help out new players

12. You are allowed to make one game a week.

Flag Post

Guidelines In Detail:

1. Follow the conduct guidelines.

Special rules here don’t allow you to ignore the guidelines; including times when others are breaking the rules.

Quote Code

<blockquote><cite><b><a href='/forums/36/topics/259092?page=1#posts-5580924'>FGF Guidelines</a>:</b></cite><br>
<p>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<big><strong>1.</strong></big> Follow the <a href="http://www.kongregate.com/pages/conduct" rel="nofollow">conduct guidelines</a></p></blockquote>

2. Don’t derail games:

Keep off-topic discussions on the profiles or the general discussion thread and let the game be played as it was intended.

Quote Code

<blockquote><cite><b><a href='/forums/36/topics/259092?page=1#posts-5580924'>FGF Guidelines</a>:</b></cite><br>
<p>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<big><strong>2.</strong></big> Don’t derail games</p></blockquote>

3. Follow the games rules, don’t be a jerk:

This includes ‘god-modding’.

Quote Code

<p>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<big><strong>3.</strong></big> Follow the games rules, don’t be a jerk</p></blockquote>

4. Inappropriate games will be closed:

Mods may lock games they deem unfit; though this isn’t common.

Quote Code

<p>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<big><strong>4.</strong></big> Inappropriate games will be closed</p></blockquote>

5. Rating games/“… The Above Poster” games:

These aren’t allowed, nor other games of similar nature.

Quote Code

<p>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<big><strong>5.</strong></big> Rating games/“… The Above Poster” games are not allowed</p></blockquote>

6. Don’t Bump:

Post to play, not just to keep your game going or on the front page.

<p>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<big><strong>6.</strong></big> Don&#8217;t bump</p></blockquote>

7. Limit your threads – two per game:

Each player gets two threads open at a time per game. This includes your sign-ups, so if you want to have a second non-sign up thread for your game, either have a mod lock it or lock it by deleting the first post.

If you wish to have more than one game at a time: Ask the regular members. If enough people are willing to play it and you can manage your games well, chances are they may be ok with it. Remember, mods can help you for lots of things but you need more members to play your game!

Quote Code

<p>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<big><strong>7.</strong></big> Limit your threads &#8211; two per game</p></blockquote>

8. Closing games:

Declare your game [closed] or finished in the thread title or lock it yourself by deleting the first post. You may post a [reserved for lock] post before the post.

Quote Code

<p>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<big><strong>8.</strong></big> Close your old games</p></blockquote>

9. Respect other players and the topic starter:

Just because you don’t like a game or its manager doesn’t mean you should post about it in their thread. While not always the case, if you haven’t joined the game you generally shouldn’t be posting in it.

Quote Code

<p>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<big><strong>9.</strong></big> Respect other players and the topic starter</p></blockquote>

10. Respect the regulars:

There are many people that play games here everyday. If you are new, follow the rules and look to the regulars for help. Keep in mind that they may hang out here a lot, so it would be smart to get along with them!

Quote Code

<p>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<big><strong>10.</strong></big> Respect the regulars</p></blockquote>

11. Help out new players:

If someone is new and doesn’t know much about playing, remember that it takes time to learn. Give them a hand in the spirit of kindness and share the forum peacefully with them. Major disruptions can be reported to the moderators, if needed.

Quote Code

<p>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<big><strong>11.</strong></big> Help out new players</p>
</blockquote>

12. You are allowed to make one game a week:

You are allowed a second game after the week is up, granted the FGF regulars permit it. If you abuse this rule enough (left to the discretion of the administration), you can not make a game until the restriction is lifted. Here is a flowchart detailing the process for easy reference.

Note: deliberately ignoring this and other rules may cause the wait time to be extended.

Quote Code

<p>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<big><strong>12.</strong></big> You are allowed to make one game a week </p>
</blockquote>

Flag Post

i’m so sorry to say this, but most games don’t get views

Flag Post

Luckily bumping isn’t really necessary since most players of the game will search around for it.

Flag Post

I love this thread.

Flag Post

Don’t bump? So If my new game I made 8 hours ago and it has 1 sign and its on the second page its tough luck and make another? Expand please, Also…

Reserve, I want a front page post on sticky :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by stone667:

Reserve, I want a front page post on sticky :D

What a waste. :P

Flag Post

I changed it before you posted, I just wanted to make sure the place doesn’t randomly get flooded.

Flag Post

I think the “Don’t Bump” is for Active games only.
But you should not over-bump an unpopular game in sign-ups.

Flag Post

what’s so bad about “…Above poster” games?

Flag Post
Originally posted by therealsirmark4:

what’s so bad about “…Above poster” games?

Because the quality of those games are below shit.

Don’t you see that our FGF is much better than most others.

Flag Post

never saw any other FGFs

Flag Post

never saw any other FGFs

they all sucked

some are accpetable
but others suck the big one

eg rate the above users … (posts, avatar, penis, litterally anything)

anyway i still have no problem with the rules

Flag Post
Originally posted by kingzak13:

never saw any other FGFs

they all sucked

some are accpetable
but others suck the big one

eg rate the above users … (posts, avatar, penis, litterally anything)

anyway i still have no problem with the rules

Who has problems with the rules,they’re not that bad.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

I don’t see this guide lines having that heavy consequences.

Flag Post

Ever noticed how no matter how many warnings are given, there’s always that asshole who screws every thing up, gets the forum closed, and gets banned? well they typically say the things Random Turtle there just said.

Flag Post

Stop talking about Dev, this is the wrong place.

What happened to the old thread and why did we need a new one?