'Forum Games' Forum Guidelines page 5 (locked)

122 posts

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by Notjakobcc:

Well i make games 5 times a week..LOL

And by doing so you’re defying the guidelines, which isn’t exactly a smart move on your part.

Flag Post

I have 2 question.

1.Why above poster games breaks the rule?

2.If we break the rule,do we get warning of ban?

Flag Post
Originally posted by myskybluecap:

I have 2 question.

1.Why above poster games breaks the rule?

2.If we break the rule,do we get warning of ban?

1. “Above poster” games are quite spammy and pointless.
2. You may be banned from posting in the Forum Games Forum, and your account could be at risk if you pursued breaking rules.

Flag Post

1. “Above poster” games are quite spammy and pointless.

So are most continuous games.

The real answer is because it promotes elitism, if I am not incorrect.

If we break the rule,do we get warning of ban?

If you break the rules, you’re going to be stopped from making FGs for a limited period of time, if you refuse to do so, your threads/games will keep getting locked and this might result to a ban.

Flag Post

STILL has the cursed “one game a week law”. Hmph.

You haven’t learned a thing, and frankly, I suspect you STILL don’t care.

Flag Post

Well, indeed. We don’t care.

Nobody’s been breaking the law, and nobody minds it, so it stayed there. Ain’t broken, ain’t fixing it.

Flag Post

“If it isn’t broken, don’t fix it”

Hmph. As I thought. Still believes that.
Oh well, I just came back in hopes that you would show interest in an rpg OUTSIDE these forums:
http://w11.zetaboards.com/Hazmatica/index/

Trying to revive one of my older forum rpgs, you see.
(this rpg is closed, will remake with interest)

Flag Post
Originally posted by developous:

STILL has the cursed “one game a week law”. Hmph.

You haven’t learned a thing, and frankly, I suspect you STILL don’t care.

Ohai.

Flag Post

I have a question: is it ok to have external links in a game? (like if I made a game could I link everyone to a map so they all know where their characters are?)

Flag Post
Originally posted by gammaflux:

I have a question: is it ok to have external links in a game? (like if I made a game could I link everyone to a map so they all know where their characters are?)

Yes, that is completely fine.

Flag Post

@Mysterymason: Thanks for answering :)

Flag Post

3. Follow the games rules, don’t be a jerk

Not many people do that, when i am 5 minutes in a game someone haves to spam or talk some trash and they are annoying the people who wanna play the game with no distrubitation.And at the end they spam together!Can someone take care of that or check the chat PLS?

Flag Post
Originally posted by SimonSajmon5:

3. Follow the games rules, don’t be a jerk

Not many people do that, when i am 5 minutes in a game someone haves to spam or talk some trash and they are annoying the people who wanna play the game with no distrubitation.And at the end they spam together!Can someone take care of that or check the chat PLS?

This is an area for forum games, not for discussion of chats in Flash games. However, if someone is misbehaving in a Flash game, you may report them by going to their profile and selecting the “Report abuse” option.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

There’s one little thing about the rules I would like to draw attention to:
Rule 6: (the one about bumping.) Okay, now I know people bump threads all the time, myself included. and nobody says anything. The rule isn’t enforced, and to be honest just seems to be a restriction rather than a helpful rule. Okay, I see why its there, in case somebody is needlessly bumping a thread just to keep it open, but really bumping is an essential part of the forum games. I mean, many games would just stop if the players didn’t think it was alive. Bumping is to let them know the game is still going. Without bumping, many threads would stop if the host went AWOL for a day even. So, what I’m trying to say is I think we seriously need to reconsider this rule. Okay, let’s taken a deeper look:
Arguments for rule:
1) People use bumps to keep dying/dead threads on the front page.
Okay, I can see what you mean, but the mods can always contact the host and ask them to lock it, or just lock it themselves. And besides, its hardly likely somebody trolling by bumping will listen to mods anyway.
2) If you want a game to continue, play.
This doesn’t always work. For example: say the last post on a thread was the host, and now the thread is on the second/third page. Now unable to bump it, people might forget about the thread or think its dead. Therefore this game dies a premature death. and all the while the host can’t do anything except nag players to play. Do we really want that?
I believe this rule needs serous revision, so… um… revise it. please

Flag Post

Thanks for providing the guidelines. Its very useful.

Flag Post

Clearly the forum games guidelines is one of the most unmaintained parts of kongregate.

Flag Post

How so? I assume youi mean that hte rules are out of date. Provide examples?

Flag Post

wiiwonder does make a pretty solid argument. The “No Bumping (period)” rule is kind of restrictive. It doesn’t prevent people from doing it, since those that bump will bump anyways. However, if a game is falling a bit through the pages, if someone wishes to be rule-abiding, they’re unable to revive the game, which does lead to a premature death. As already mentioned as well, since it doesn’t really seem to be enforced anyways, it’s kind of pointless to include it as a rule, since it doesn’t seemingly have any benefit.

Not to mention on top of all of that, it’s a Kongregate-wide rule anyways, so it’s redundant.

Flag Post

Rule 6 has always been a very controversal rule though. What the rule should actually say is:

FGF Guidelines:

6. Don’t bump excessively.

Flag Post

Even then, non-useful bumps (including excessively doing it) is a Kongregate-wide rule and is redundant.