Kongregate D&D - The Ruby Staff

185 posts

Flag Post

Reserved for Lock.

This is a mission designed for average players.

It is a level 1-5 campaign.

Flag Post

As you walk through the door, you find yourself on extremely smooth stone. It is obvious that this is not natural work. To the north, there is a forest. If you focus, you can barely see a hint of a building there. That must be where the camp is at. You see no other signs of life- not even ants or birds. The lack of anything living is quite disturbing; as if this area of the world had been forsaken.

Flag Post

Kahhrus Fellblade

I look in the other directions, particularly for any signs of life.

Flag Post

*Firespread *
(umadatmyname)
I do the same as Kahhrus.

Flag Post

Nasuada Trancila

I yawn once, before saying, “No life for miles. Other than us, and those trees out there, it’s devoid of everything. Do you think we should start something, or wait for the others? Something’s telling me it will be a while.”

Flag Post

Kahhrus Fellblade

[Wow. Kong’s quotation marks are fucked. We need to go bitch in the tech support forum.]
Uh, right, sure… Best to stay together though… Something seems suspicious about this.

Flag Post

There is no life in all directions, other than the trees, and they seem to be dying, their leaves browned and falling off. The area around you is all perfectly flat stone, no grass. In the forest, the ground becomes dirt.

Flag Post

Firespread looks for any markings.

Flag Post

Nasuada Trancila

[“You people want to go out into that forest? I don’t really see any other options.”

Flag Post

Kahhrus Fellblade

I nod and drop behind the others. “Forest it is, then? I’ll just stay in the back, I’m sure you don’t want the cleric being hurt…”

Flag Post

Firespread agrees and stays ahead of the group, scouting in the shadows.

Flag Post

Nasuada Trancila

I sneak to the back of the group with the cleric. “What was your name again? I don’t believe I was informed.”

Flag Post

Noriar Darkhunter

."I’ll lead the way, I’ll be looking for any traps that might have been set by the goblins.

[Uh, Firespread? You’re not a part of this quest. Me, Kidudeman, Aeden, Captain Catface, and Tracy were the only people who accepted the quest.]

Flag Post

Dammit, I have to retype.

Nathaniel

I decide to walk along with the Dwarf to help with the traps. “Two trap ammers are better than one.” I say, and chuckle. That dwarf will probably set everything off, being so thick and slow. I wonder why he is even trying.

.“Why is everything here dead?” I ask the group in general. “Do you think it has something to do with the staff?”.

[Everyone say what your race and class is, since I’m too lazy to ask everyone in game, and it’s a bit hard to explain without using the word class, and asking someone what their race is. I’m a Halfling Rogue.]

Flag Post

Kahhrus Fellblade

It’s a rather generic effect, but I think it’d be amusing to let the others worry… “I think that’s a safe assumption. Things being dead tends to be a bad sign, if you weren’t aware…”

[Hellbred Cleric.]

Flag Post

Giloanil Xadlir

I quickly catch up after leaving the tavern, checking the stone as I’m going for any hidden passageways, or small caves. If I find one, I stay there and call everyone over.

When I catch up to them I walk a ways ahead in the case of an attack and pull out both of my axes. “So whats the plan for this? I ask. ”They said there where Goblins involved right? So, the Goblins probably made sure they killed everything; harder to be found that way."

Flag Post

[What’s your race and class, Aedan?]

Nathaniel

.“On the contrary, that makes it much easier, Gilo. I’d bet you the dead thing has something to do with the staff, it can’t just be a coincidence. We just find the center of this death-ray and the staff should be somewhere near.”.

Flag Post

Kahhrus Fellblade

I chuckle lightly. “Unless they already thought of that, and made a fake path leading to where the staff isn’t, while they secreted it away from where it really is. Unless they thought that we’d think of that, and acted accordingly! And uhm… So on and so forth.”

Flag Post

Nathaniel

.“The trees seem to be dying. That means this is probably something continuous, magic that is still being cast. If we find the person or artifact that causes death in a large radius, well, that’s still worth a shiny penny.”.

Flag Post

Nasuada Trancila

I speak up. “So we’ll just try and grab that too. Especially because of Dwarfy over there; wants whatever he gets his hands on.”

I pause for a moment, and ask, “Hey, what are all your names? I’m good with names.”

[Wild Elf Sorcerer.]

Flag Post

Jacob
.“My name is Nathaniel, Nathan or Nat if you prefer. I’m good with traps, and I’m skilled at lurking, sneaking, and assassinating. I’m also allergic to bees.”.

Flag Post

Kahhrus Fellblade

I ignore the question, pretending I didn’t hear it. “Well, actually such a thing would be incredibly useful in terms of moneymaking… Just think, a hooded stranger passes through a small farming village, stashes it somewhere. A couple weeks later, one of us shows up offering to ‘cleanse the blight’ for a small price…”

Flag Post

Nasuada Trancila

.“My name is Nasuada. It’s nice to meet you Nathanial.”

I walk over to the man with the relatively good idea, and get up in his face. “What, don’t want to tell us your name? Cat got your tongue?”

Flag Post

Giloanil Xadlir

“I’m Giloanil Xadlir the Exiled.” I answer. “If any life is starting to do here, we’ll get affected also, unless any of you happen to be dead.”

I continue walking on to where the forest meets the stone area and search the area there for some sign of life, or hidden objects.

{I’m a Deep Dwarf Fighter.}

Flag Post

Nathaniel

.“That may be true, But apparently life is decaying slowly. We, as sentient beings, would be intelligent enough to run like hell whenever we start rotting.”.’

[The full list of players and characters was posted in the Tavern thread, no need to raceclaim anymore.]