FGF WarCards - Shop Thread [NEW SIGNS ARE ALWAYS ACCEPTED!] page 49

1260 posts

Flag Post

First card… What do you think?

Flag Post

Nerfers, go!
But seriously this is overpowered to the infinity.
INFINITY.

You can point out the parts which are wrong.

Flag Post

First card… What do you think?

Looks fine, other than the fact that I already stated AA will no longer exist, but this is just an example, so w/e. And then comes my question again, how do I edit in the text?

Oh, and Minn, I’ll look over it.

Flag Post

And then comes my question again, how do I edit in the text?

First, Save the card you want to edit.
Second, Save the card template posted 1 or 2 pages ago.
Third, copy the lettering from the card plate onto the card. (Ms paint is good for this)
Finally, upload it using image hosting software such as imageshack® or tinypic then post on Kongregate.

Flag Post

That sounds extremely long and arduous >.> (and I keep screwing up in the process). Copying and pasting a letter at a time to make paragraph size descriptions would take me forever to accomplish. And as a card game, this needs frequent rebalances.

Flag Post

That’s one reason why I’m against making this imagery in the first place. Whole card templates are out.

However, Random, you’re free to make pictures that would illustrate cards. I’d make them… something like 20×20, myself. Kind of like the Nethack tileset. Every monster gets its own small icon which manages to be sort of descriptive and distinguishable, and all is well.

Mumak : 600/600
Balrog : 700/700

And, yiu, I’d still like to know what’s so OP about my design.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Minnakht:

That’s one reason why I’m against making this imagery in the first place. Whole card templates are out.

However, Random, you’re free to make pictures that would illustrate cards. I’d make them… something like 20×20, myself. Kind of like the Nethack tileset. Every monster gets its own small icon which manages to be sort of descriptive and distinguishable, and all is well.

Mumak : 600/600
Balrog : 700/700

And, yiu, I’d still like to know what’s so OP about my design.

Basically everything. Worker bees will swarm easily, and deal fairly large amounts of damage. The quick plays are really strong, and the team special is even a bit too strong.

Flag Post

and deal fairly large amounts of damage.

50 damage is how much a Zobmie of BC’s deals on one hit. It has the added benefit of not ripping its nutsack out and dying afterwards.

Worker bees will swarm easily,

Here goes the ‘dies after one attack’ point again.

The quick plays are really strong,

If you say so. One is expensive, but powerful, and the other… well, it mostly gains value later on.

and the team special is even a bit too strong.

Yeah, you might be right there. I was considering 5% might be a better amount.

Flag Post

and deal fairly large amounts of damage.

50 damage is how much a Zobmie of BC’s deals on one hit. It has the added benefit of not ripping its nutsack out and dying afterwards.

Worker bees will swarm easily,

Here goes the ‘dies after one attack’ point again.

The quick plays are really strong,

If you say so. One is expensive, but powerful, and the other… well, it mostly gains value later on.

and the team special is even a bit too strong.

Yeah, you might be right there. I was considering 5% might be a better amount.

When you put it that way, it seems better. I think Worker Bees should deal a bit less damage, and that the queen abilities have a slight cooldown. Maybe the team special should make enemies deal less damage, and warrior bees should have a powerful passive. Other than that, it looks good to me.

Flag Post

I think Worker Bees should deal a bit less damage,

They already deal fifty. Ever. That’s the amount some Common monsters get on hit already, as I said, but those monsters live on to produce a fair amount of them hits for hundreds of damage. Worker Bees don’t.

and that the queen abilities have a slight cooldown.

Cooldown? As with every card which doesn’t state otherwise, Queen Bees can use one ability per turn. Those abilities are: 80 damage attack (less than Warrior Bee), produce some extra WCP, eventually (it takes some effort), and produce 3-4 (on average) Worker Bees, eventually (it takes a while).
Oh, right. I need to add the clause that Pollen can’t be used in conjunction with Spawn Extra Eggs. That could indeed swarm a lot of Workers.
Still, I don’t think a cooldown is needed.

Maybe the team special should make enemies deal less damage,

I’d say the monsters and Deluge of Honey have it covered. Let’s give some offense instead.

and warrior bees should have a powerful passive.

They do.
In fact, if I’d call one of the cards OP, it’d be Warrior Bee.

Flag Post

I miss typed. I meant a less powerful passive. The extra damage one is fine.

Flag Post

Oh, that. Well, how about thinking? Attack with a Common of yours first to pop the tapdodge, then dish out the real damage. Infantries, which you have, can even attack thrice, if I remember correctly, so that’s even more of a tapdodge shredder.
And best of all, there’s a chance the damage doesn’t even disappear, as something else can catch it!

Flag Post

I misread it. Everything looks fine now. Team special isn’t too strong, 10% is not much for his deck.

Flag Post
Originally posted by yiu113:

I misread it. Everything looks fine now. Team special isn’t too strong, 10% is not much for his deck.

Meta. Decks can be changed. Don’t judge cards based on decks, but rather on combinations and individuals. Without a limiter, I can think of many cheap strategies to use with 10%. I still haven’t read the deck yet, so w/e. I’m “doing summer homework” aka procrastinating my ass off.

Flag Post
Originally posted by devourer359:
Originally posted by yiu113:

Meta. Decks can be changed. Don’t judge cards based on decks, but rather on combinations and individuals. Without a limiter, I can think of many cheap strategies to use with 10%. I still haven’t read the deck yet, so w/e. I’m “doing summer homework” aka procrastinating my ass off.

This is true. 5% would be better.

Flag Post

I misread it. Everything looks fine now.

Oh, you MISREAD.
It’s nice that you say it now after you threw out some rather heavily-worded accusation there. Overpowered to infinity INFINITY and all.

Either way, I’m going to sleep around now. You can leave something overnight, devourer – some opinions on the deck, some rebalances (it’s all yours now), optionally a statement ‘okay kash you can have this’

I might work on making my version of BC’s deck sometime. It seems rather weak to me right now. Zombies are very good monsters, the other ones, not so much.

This is true. 5% would be better.

To be honest, I tacked the team special on at the end, after I thought of all the cards. In the original design, it was 5%, I typed 10% here as a second thought.

Flag Post

I misread it. Everything looks fine now.

Oh, you MISREAD.
It’s nice that you say it now after you threw out some rather heavily-worded accusation there. Overpowered to infinity INFINITY and all.

Either way, I’m going to sleep around now. You can leave something overnight, devourer – some opinions on the deck, some rebalances (it’s all yours now), optionally a statement ‘okay kash you can have this’

I might work on making my version of BC’s deck sometime. It seems rather weak to me right now. Zombies are very good monsters, the other ones, not so much.

Have fun having sex with multiple people.

Flag Post

I don’t understand your response.

Devourer, what you did is somewhat disappointing.

Flag Post

I don’t understand your response.

Devourer, what you did is somewhat disappointing.

You sleep for five hours? I accomplished a lot in that time, didn’t I?

Anyways, I have some work to stop procrastinating. And I’ll be busy for a while tomorrow (not sure how long, but I’ll be going somewhere). So hopefully, I’ll finish quickly enough to look at this by the end of today.

Edit: Kash, do you still want the variations in there, or is Minn’s deck (after balancing, of course) okay as it is?

Edit2: Wow, I finished that rather quickly. Try to remind me that I’m being retarded more often. Apparently, I work faster when I have another reason to. I will examine the deck and post my opinions directly afterwards. The balanced version will be uploaded to the wiki.

Flag Post

I won’t be commenting on strategy unless I have to for a balance discussion. I try to stay uninvolved in that.

Team Special

The Team Special needs a limit to the amount that it can rise. I don’t think I need to explain this.

I also don’t think it should affect allies, as the team special has always been exclusive to the owner (correct me if I’m wrong). As the only one that isn’t, that would be unbalanced.

Hive Tree

Barriers should be Common as of now. Other than that, all is fine.

Warrior Bee

I think that I’ll probably have to do some nerfing on Instill Allergy. I’ll either increase the amount reduced, make a limit, make the damage climb less quickly, or some combination of the previous.

Nest

I think this is the most expensive card so far o.O. Yeah, that’s all.

I found relatively little to comment on, although I had a lot to consider. This is a really balanced deck. Of course, the changes that I displayed won’t be all the changes that I’m making. Just the ones that are up for discussion. Most of these “secret” changes are clarifications anyways, but some are small balances.

Some other things that I spent a lot of time thinking about if you guys want to discuss those too:

Queen Bee’s Swarm Maneouevre: Sting (A lot of time. It’ll probably stay mostly unaltered.)

Spawn Spawn Extra Eggs (WCP cost. Small change. I’m considering an increase of 1 or 2)

WCP cost of Nest (Probably high enough. I’ll probably leave it as is)

Nest’s Haven (I feel the WCP cost justifies this. There’s still a lot I needed to consider though.)

Nest’s Combination of Bulwark and Multiple Load Bearers (I don’t think Worker Bees can be made quick enough for me to deem this rigged. The set-up I have in mind to abuse this is really hard to create, and far from the meta.)

Submission to the wiki will probably happen Sunday or Monday. I’m busy on Saturday, as already noted.

Flag Post
Originally posted by devourer359:

That sounds extremely long and arduous >.> (and I keep screwing up in the process). Copying and pasting a letter at a time to make paragraph size descriptions would take me forever to accomplish. And as a card game, this needs frequent rebalances.

I would of included abilities on the card but I went for the title of them insted. I could make a list of abilities and what they do in the wiki as I go along making the cards. is the wiki open to edit by everyone?

Flag Post

make the damage climb less quickly

The damage doesn’t climb at all. It only keeps on going down as the poison is fought off. And, personally, I think the damage is negligible compared to the base 100.

Flag Post

Fun Fact: Most kinds of bee don’t actually have barbed stingers. It’s just honeybees that do, and then only the workers – the Queen’s stinger is smooth, as is the stinger of most other kinds of bee and wasp. Ergo, the Worker Bees need to be renamed to Worker Honeybees. Or Honeybee Workers, whichever.

Flag Post

Yes. The fact they’re honeybees is implied.

Working on my take on your deck now.

Flag Post

Yes. The fact they’re honeybees is implied.

Working on my take on your deck now.

Although that is a paper wasp nest, FYI.