Magincian Earth: CH1 OOC [died due to loosing 1/2 the players] (locked)

81 posts

Flag Post

Explanation:

The title says it all. Karma on real life earth. I didnt make this rp for a plot, just a map and the special assett to prove how I can manage an advanced but simple mechanic system. Don’t worry, I will make up with varying plotlines to make this interesting over time, but lets just begin with entry for now.

Magics are gained via KARMA FRUIT – one fruit per use of karma refining. Just say the magical refinement on the config, and you ready to go.
I will say when you find such a tree. But config also allows another option as well, will explain there.

Otherwise, its just earth, but with magics in a cohesive system of fruits.

Player Setup:

Name:
Age And Gender:
Apprarance: I like picutres, but it doesnt matter.
Bio:
Physicals(15): Max 3 on any of these – Strength, Endurance, Dexterity, Reflexes, Wisdom, Intelligence, Discipline, Charisma, Health, Stamina, Vitality, Lungs, and Manna.
Inventory:

Magic stats
better needs a better config or gets less powers.

Magic power: 1-15
Magic senses: 1-15
Magic stealth: 1-15
Mystic Refines: You get 3 case specific kinds of karma refines, OR… say ‘special’. Special allows you to gain more karma refines at a cost of 5 fruits, but is only about 70% as strong as specialization, and only begins with the one ability initually.

Flag Post

Laws:

Even the host is allowed to make players.
No limit of players, but more requires more action.
Dont oppose the physicals stat. Its there to keep people from going overboard with most actions.
Treat this game as the year 2100. Basic scifi is gainable, but just being developed.

Relevant Events:

Strange creatures are located in the american rockies, likely ate the fruit.
A high-likelyhood of rumors being true involving world war three.
Rumors of a dangerous new terrorist group in Aisa founded by drug cartells.
A group of religious leaders in a temple will notice the new fruit soon.
One of the queen’s guards has just noticed the new karma fruit tree just appear!

Flag Post

Ready….

Name: Neil Anderson
Age + Gender: 35, Male
Location: America, Hidden mountain complex, undisclosed area.
Bio: Neil Anderson is a top secret leader thats assigned to discover and investigate anything weird or special about varying places. On assignment, he discovered that people in a minor community were encoutering strange creatures in a national park lately, and he was to investigate this occurence.
Appearance:

Physicals(15): 2x Discipline, 3x Charisma, 2x Stamina, 3x Health, 1x Strength, 1x Endurance, 1x Wisdom, 1x Intelligence, 1x Manna.
Inventory:
Nr16 Assault Rifle – A high tech assault rifle with an autofire and sniper mode weilding a powerful sniper scope and a lazer guidance system. Has 8 clips presently.
Vyrn22 Battle Armor – A highly defensible battlesuit that not only protects but provides an advanced filtration and lifesupport system.
Threllian Mechpack – A very durable hiking pack that can carry a lot of supplies. Weilds advanced electronic potentials, and upgrades the lifesupport in the battle armor. It has advanced nanotech potentials, allowing a major amount of supplies to be carried without being encumbered.
5 days hazmat rations – Unlike normal rations that cannot be used when wearing masks, these can. In addition to that, they improve generic combat performance.
Utility belt with 12 grenades – 5 are apc, 4 are stun, and 3 are cucussive version.
Advanced Survival Knife – An improvement over the swiss army knife. Almost guaranteed not to break, and very useful in dangerous situations. Pierces most forms of armor, although unreliable in such.
Arben44 EccoTent – A special self-contained tent that has advanced survival features in it. Special nanotech advents grant it every convienance possible, along with making it very small and portable as well.
Dn44 Oxypods – Basicly very advanced oxygen storage units that attach to the Vyrnn22 battle armor. Improves physical performance(generic, but subjective). Small, easily concealed, and lasts an incredible amount of time for their size.
Rhyxi4 Tech Unit – A very high-tech electronics unit built into the vyrn22 armor. Thanks to advanced satelite technologies, this device can talk to anyone, anywhere, along with giving a heads up display of the map, along with radar potentials.
KRNR12 Protomod – A HIGHLY experimental shield generator that attaches to the threllian mechpack. Expensive, but very useful, and impossible to jam. But has only 5 minutes of energy tops before recharging.

manna stats

Magic power: 10
Magic senses: 15
Magic stealth: 5
Mystic Refines: ‘special’

Flag Post

Honestly, did you just copy most of your chharacter form last game?

Flag Post
Originally posted by myhome16:

Aye. But forgot the karma specs….
I am an old hat kind of guy. At least you know where I may be going with this…

At least this time, its less abusive. Besides, since the last one died, may as well use this as its untried.

Flag Post

Dev, the reason why don’t like your character isn’t just (or even mostly) because you are the creator of the game. The main reason we hate him is because he is always, always a Gary/Marty Stu. The only thing that being a GMPC has to do with it is that it makes him auto-approved.

Originally posted by developous:
Originally posted by myhome16:

Aye. But forgot the karma specs….
The present intention is to try to make a small advance in mechanics over another game, to prove I understand that better.
I am an old hat kind of guy. At least you know where I may be going with this…

And stop yelling about mechanics! Unless they make the game unplayable, we don’t care.

Flag Post
Originally posted by dreamsdragon1998:

Dev, the reason why don’t like your character isn’t just (or even mostly) because you are the creator of the game. The main reason we hate him is because he is always, always a Gary/Marty Stu. The only thing that being a GMPC has to do with it is that it makes him auto-approved.

Then to make it fair… an unbaissed opinion for approval will I accept. No reasons, save going with the mechanics.

And stop yelling about mechanics! Unless they make the game unplayable, we don’t care.

That… I can respect.

Flag Post

Doesnt matter. No amount of reasoning will convince them to play now… right?
let alone you.

Dev curses how critical he is over abandoning – thats definitely his fault.

Flag Post

Then to make it fair… an unbaissed opinion for approval will I accept. No reasons, just go with the mechanics.

Not approved. Too… What’s the word, not exactly op, but still not working.

allowing an infinite amount

Problem 1. There should never be an infinite value for any given parameter, other than stat and level caps.

These rations can be used while wearing the suit, making them very useful. In addition to that, they improve combat performance.

Why wouldn’t they be able to be used while wearing the suit? And how would they increase combat performance?

Almost guaranteed not to break, and very useful in dangerous situations. Pierces even the greatest of armors when utilized.

No, no, no no no no. What if someone had something that could break any weapon, or armor that could never be broken? Sheild and Lance Paradoxes are bad.

Improves physical performance. lasts indefinitely.

Agains, how do they improve physical performance? And, also again, no infinites.

Also, karma makes no sense. Karma, if a stat, should be some sort of alignment measuring meter, not some sort of magic.

Flag Post

Fixed some… py needs quite a bit more. Still, its downtoned greatly.

Karma is the only word I can think of to guage magics and such… unfortunately.
May as well just make it magics….

Flag Post

I estimate a 20% probably lower, chance of success on this one. Why. Won’t. You. Get. Rid. Of. Physicals.

Flag Post
Originally posted by therealsirmark4:

I estimate a 20% probably lower, chance of success on this one. Why. Won’t. You. Get. Rid. Of. Physicals.

Its a factor of percieved abuse. I may not like limits, but it stands to reason that people shouldnt exert themselves more than their potentials.
I share your hartred of such also, but… thats justice for you.

Flag Post

I still don’t see how food and oxygen improve combatic abilities.

The funny thing is that barely half of them are actually physical.

Flag Post

I still don’t see how food and oxygen improve combatic abilities.

The funny thing is that barely half of them are actually physical.

They are a special form of nourisment that was developed. By 2100 safe physical imrpoving drugs would exist, so foods could be enhancers, though only decently mainly.

As for stats, that adds lungs. Most of them are more do with all the body functions. Intell is, for example, better thinks and magics.

Flag Post

Name: Vinyl Scratch

Age and Gender: 19, Female

Location: America, Hidden mountain complex, undisclosed area.

Bio: Vinyl Scratch is a leader of a raider group called the Pegasai. His raiders heard of a hidden mountain complex and he is leading a group of raiders to attack it.

Appearance: http://fim.413chan.net/art/src/130357580111-vinyl_scratch.jpg

Physicals: 3x Charisma, 1x Discipline, 2x Intelligence, 3x Reflexes, 2x Endurance, 3x Strength, 1x Manna.

Inventory:

-FJQR34 Sub Machine Gun: A high tech sub machine gun. This gun has three fire modes, automatic, three burst, and overcharge, which fires every single bullet left in the gun but heats up the gun to the point it can burn the user’s hands. Has 11 clips currently.

- Pegasai Custom Armor: A stolen Vyrn22 Battle Armor. A little of the armor has been removed to enhance mobility. A jet pack was slapped on to let the user fly for a while, use of the P.C.A. gave the Pegsai Raider their names. The advanced filtration and life support system still works.

-Utility Belt with a a couple grenades: 5 are high explosive, 5 are flash grenades, 3 are transforms into a net which activates in the air that captures the enemy, said net is nearly uncut able, even by an advanced survival knife used by the special forces.

-Pegasus Army Knife: A knife the Pegasai Raiders use. Has many uses, one of which is of course the knife that can cut through most types of armor. A small laser that can cut through most types of metal, said laser needs to be used close to the object. A pair of scissors. A flashlight. Most things a swiss army knife should have. A small flamethrower. A extremely small gun with even smaller bullets. Anyone who is not authorized by the P3G451 will get shocked/burned if they use this item.

-Dn44 Oxypods: Basically very advanced oxygen storage units that attach to the Vyrnn22 battle armor. Improves physical performance(generic, but subjective). Small, easily concealed, and lasts an incredible amount of time for their size.

-P3G4541 “Raidio”: A “raido” attached to the Pegsai armor. On command, the radio will be turned on, which emits a loud song – dubstep to be precise. The song is so loud, it will deafen everybody without ear protection, make ears bleed and stun people for a short time.

-P3G4541 ear protection: Once the P3G451 “Radio” is used, the ear protection, automatically activates, blocking all noise. If a person who is not permitted to use this equipment will get shocked.

Magic Stats

Magic Power: 10

Magic Stealth: 15

Magic Senses: 5

Mystic Refines:

Time Refining – Each karma fruit grants a new magic that can bend time.

Lightning Refining – Allows karma fruit to develop lighting magic.

Technology Refining – each karma fruit grants a new magic that has something to with futuristic technology

Flag Post

Offer:
There must be a 100% chance that at least 2 or 3 people join, then I will remove physicals on request. But only if you prove you can rp within reason based on fair boundries.
It wont be easy to convince me.

I made the sign above, not because of this. But just cause, just sayin’

Flag Post

One fault, 1 less charisma on physicals, replace with another. Otherwise approved.

Flag Post

What are Mystic Refines?

Flag Post

What are Mystic Refines?

If you find karma fruit they will let you 1 for 1 develop magical things in a set fastion I determine.
Just choose 3 focusses.

For example, Physicals would let you develop higher physical stats thanks to the fruit. Or FIRE would develop fire magics.

Flag Post

Do you have to have a photo of the appearance of your character?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hallucination62:

Do you have to have a photo of the appearance of your character?

No, as long as you explain it well. But I appreciate such.

Flag Post

Edited my sign, is that how mystic refines work?

Flag Post

Edited my sign, is that how mystic refines work?

Not abilities, but how you GAIN such.

Best equivalents:

Chaos Refining – Each karma fruit grants a new chaos magic.
Leadership – Allows karma fruit to develop teamwork magics.
Engineering – Allows you to use heavy supplies of karma fruit to empower whole buildings. Takes anywhere from 5-35 fruit depentant on size and results.

Flag Post

kay edited, anyone else figure out that I made my character to purposely rival Neil’s?

Flag Post

Honestly I dont get the point of this game, is it jsut to collect fruit?